Someone from Normal, IL writes:
I know the government will most likely ignore this petition and listen to the corporations who are lobbying for more H-1B visas; thus displacing more American workers for cheaper foreign labor. Because money talks. However, its worth a shot.
May 4, 2014
Someone from Orchard Park, NY writes:
I am a doctorate holder (the mis-named STEM field). Due to overabundance of H1B labor, long-term employment and the ability to pay-off student loans, I am on public assistance and am considering teaching science abroad.
May 6, 2014
Someone from Las Vegas, NV writes:
I work for a software company that employs H-1B staff to perform SQL programming, If you know anything about programming, SQL is not a difficult language to learn. The H-1B's are young college graduates. It is a shame Americans are filling these jobs.
May 6, 2014
Someone from Hialeah, FL writes:
It is a shame that we have this law in place. This is just a subsidy for Tech Companies. No wonder, no American wants to go into STEM
May 8, 2014
Someone from Indianapolis, IN signed.
2 years ago
Someone from Fairfax, VA signed.
Someone from Palm Harbor, FL writes:
After 18 years of IT work I am considering a career change due to US companies abusing this program for profits while Americans with high skills go unemployed.
May 28, 2014
Someone from Centereach, NY signed.
May 31, 2014
Someone from Harrisburg, PA writes:
I am an American worker who has seen this law replace Americans with less skilled H1B Indians. Also had my own pay frozen and lowered because of H1B Cheap Indians driving down salaries. To add insult to this abuse the company made the American workers train their Indian replacements.
May 31, 2014
Someone from Hialeah, FL signed.
June 1, 2014
Someone from Carrollton, TX writes:
H1b used to be a very good program but unfortunately it is being abused by the companies. Plus, we do not need H1B anymore since we already have alot of STEM graduates here.
June 5, 2014
Someone from Lake Saint Louis, MO signed.
June 8, 2014
Someone from Durham, NC signed.
June 8, 2014
Someone from Cranberry Twp, PA signed.
June 9, 2014
Someone from Winnetka, CA signed.
June 11, 2014
Someone from San Francisco, CA signed.
June 12, 2014
Someone from Spokane, WA signed.
June 12, 2014
Someone from Magnolia, TX writes:
I have first hand seen the effects of the H1-b visa program which essentially works in a discriminatory manner that favors children from aristocratic families in India (who are thus able to afford sending their children to American universities). I graduated in 2013 Dec. from TTU and applied to a company that I had previously done design engineering for (Haliburton which I thought was a sure fire way to obtain employment), a month later the job was filled by one of my Indian acquaintances in college- (we will call him Singh) the kid was notorious for cheating,lying, etc. and thus was one of the more hated students in the program- add to this that his GPA was a mere 2.5 on 4.0 scale (hardly super intelligent). Later this year I saw another Indian friend, we will call him "Kumar" obtain employment from the same company except he was a Petroleum engineering student who somehow obtained a design engineering position (job skill mismatch doesn't matter apparently). This kids parents were so wealthy that he was a personal friend of one of the richest construction oligarchies in all of India. Americans who are mired with 60k+ in debt simply can't afford to compete with people who are willing to work for 40k/year because they are supported emtirely by their parents money (in the hopes that their children will eventually obtain Green card and therefore bring status to their family name back home). To give some perspective the city of Houston pays gardeners- mere manual laborers- 40k/annually for their work. There is no economic incentive to go to college if all you hope to obtain afterwards is the same salary base that non-educated individuals obtain. 40k/annually however is a lot of money for Indians - their rocket engineering program pays a mere 10k/annually for Phd rocket engineers. How can an American compete against an individual who's normal salary range is min. wage in USD? To add insult to injury, why is it fair that 50% of US graduates can't obtain employment, yet the US is willing to allow H1-b visa holders to take the few positions left in the job pool? Meaning that indirectly, the unemployed individuals tax $'s subsidized a wealthy corporations miserlyness and allowed them to cause the unemployment situation to begin with- how is that morally justifiable to our political leaders who are supposedly the arbiters protecting us from labor exploitation? How is that fair to American tax payers? Why should tax payers subsidize aristocratic Indian oligarchies? It's absolute madness.
June 12, 2014
Someone from Glen Allen, VA signed.
Someone from Princeton, NJ writes:
The H-1B program was meant to bring the best and the brightest, and not to keep wage levels low. But rich owners have manipulated the system so badly. Not only have the wages been depressed, there has been massive age discrimination in the computer/IT industry. This is not a desirable direction. Please give due consideration to this badly run visa system.
Someone from Beverly Hills, CA writes:
Stop the denigration, displacement, and discrimination of American workers.
June 23, 2014
Someone from Boca Raton, FL signed.
June 25, 2014
Someone from San Jose, CA signed.
July 6, 2014
Someone from Manassas, VA signed.
July 6, 2014
Someone from Newark, CA signed.
July 6, 2014
Someone from Newark, CA writes:
Pls. stop H1B program for sake of our kids.
July 6, 2014
Someone from Columbus, OH writes:
Quit this nonsense
July 7, 2014
Someone from Stafford, TX signed.
July 7, 2014
Someone from Scarsdale, NY signed.
July 7, 2014
Someone from Hockessin, DE signed.
July 9, 2014
Someone from Durham, NC signed.
July 14, 2014
Someone from Cambridge, MA writes:
This has ruined the lives of millions of American & their families! It also hurt the world economy.
Someone from Rocklin, CA writes:
H1B is ruining the future of our generation and the American dream. I can point to lot of corporation in U.S that only hire H1B's while eliminating American citizens. This is pure discrimination.
Someone from Lake Oswego, OR writes:
Need to vote out the politicians supporting the H1b program. Also, Microsoft, IBM and Facebook are also biggest supporters. Need to boycott products. Boycott could target one company first. Not easy to do but money is the only language they understand.
2 years ago
Someone from Greenville, PA signed.
Someone from Kensington, MD writes:
It's discussting and racist and anti American that nothing but Indians should be hired to the point of not having any white people working, I will make sure to vote any incumbent out, if white people had casts and committed infanticide and hired nothing but whites there would be an outcry, when the Indians hire nothing but themselves and fire whites, blacks and anyone not them, that's ok, discussting and racist and anti American
2 years ago
Someone from Hollywood, FL signed.
2 years ago
Someone from Hermitage, TN signed.
2 years ago
Someone from Isle Of Palms, SC signed.
Someone from Sunnyvale, CA writes:
After 2 0 years in semiconductor industry engineering, I couldn't find any job since the 2010 downturn. As the unemployment benefit running out I decided to work on my Master degree and hoping better opportunities coming. It actually does: I receive a phone call from Intel Santa Clara hiring agent today saying they find my resume fits to their job description which prefers the MS degree . Very good, after a few technical questions, she quickly goes to the salary negotiation and indicates only offer up to $18 / hour. I tell her my last job I had $43/hr and the minimum wage in some area is $15/hour. No way I can survive with their pay rate in the Silicon Valley.......... Is this their strategy to claim not able to get US citizen engineers? And why did I put efforts in getting an advanced degree for a nearly minimum wage job at the first place? Meanwhile I tell my classmate who is also taking the MS degree and looking for H1B employment. She says she is willing to do whatever it takes to get a job here including the $17/hour offer she just has. Please advice should I work on the offer from Intel?