November 27, 2012
Someone from Augusta, GA writes:
I agree replace H1 visa with STEM 55K or lower visas only to true educational universities so we don't create university greeen card mills,
4 years ago
Someone from Glendale, AZ signed.
4 years ago
Someone from Chelmsford, MA writes:
My husband is a skilled and talented wireless software engineer and has been out of work since November, as his position was outsourced to India. Enough already! American engineers need jobs first!
March 12, 2013
Someone from Cleveland, OH writes:
Instead of putting funding into H-1B visas, put that money into STEM training for displaced/unemployed US workers. We need to take care of our own first!!
April 8, 2013
Someone from Huntersville, NC writes:
A new report from the Center for Immigration Studies has found that the United States issued nearly 700,000 guest-worker visas in 2012. This weekend, labor and business groups agreed on terms that would create a new low-skill, guest-worker program, creating up to 200,000 new temporary work visas each year. Business groups claim the U.S. doesn't issue enough guest-worker visas, specifically low-skill worker visas. With millions of Americans unemployed and cannot find work, this act of granting Visas is either an Act of Stupidity or a deliberate Act against the American Workforce. Which is it?
April 14, 2013
Someone from New River, AZ writes:
I am an experienced software engineer. With 30 years working on some of the highest visibility systems in the world. I lead the revamping of Datapac in Canada (transporting 150 million financial transactions per month), directly involved with large switches in Malaysia, Thailand, and Turkey. For the past seven years, I have spent approximately 12 months unemployed. I know dozens of older workers that are in the same boat as I. The idea that there is a shortage of skilled workers is a complete falsehood!
June 12, 2013
Someone from New Berlin, WI signed.
3 years ago
Someone from Ossining, NY signed.
June 25, 2013
Someone from Hayward, CA writes:
Our batch of UC Berkeley Chemical Engineering from early 90s some continued with MIT PhD, more than 90% ARE NOT working in the chemical engineering field. I have been more than 20 months unemployed in the past 3 years as near age of late 40s. One of us lost her job since 2008 because of flux of H1B in her company, never found a new job in the Silicon Valley. High-skills guest-worker program? I was once assigned to trained the whole chemical engineer group from china and none of them could tell me the difference between ketone and aldehyde. They can keep their job because they are still in H1/L1. Some of them, lost their job once get the green card. 'Can't find enough skilled labor to fill the positions'? Even Berkeley/MIT trained engineers not good enough? Go look at the data!
June 25, 2013
Someone from Hayward, CA writes:
Our batch of UC Berkeley Chemical Engineering from early 90s, some continued with MIT PhD, more than 90% of us ARE NOT working in the chemical engineering field. I have been more than 20 months unemployed in the past 3 years as near age of late 40s. One of us lost her job since 2008 because of flux of H1B in her company, never found a new job in the Silicon Valley. High-skills guest-worker program? I was once assigned to trained the whole H1B chemical engineer group from china and none of them could tell me the difference between ketone and aldehyde. They can keep their job because they are still in H1/L1. Some of them, lost their jobs once get the green card. 'Can't find enough skilled labor to fill the positions'? It is far from the truth. They are telling us even Berkeley/MIT trained engineers are not good enough? Go look at the data!
June 25, 2013
Someone from Cambridge, MA writes:
I have a postdoctoral degree from MIT in biochemistry and a PhD from an Ivy League school. If there is a shortage of talent, how come I have not been able to find a job in one year (even entry level positions)? I have seen less qualified foreigners being hired by Biotech companies. H1b visas are really displacing american workers
June 26, 2013
Someone from Brooklyn, NY signed.
June 30, 2013
Someone from Temecula, CA signed.
July 4, 2013
Someone from Manorville, NY writes:
It is difficult to be pleased by the fine words of an administration that fully intends to stab our STEM graduates in the back via floods of H1-B visas and other work-arounds providing cheap tech labor to corporate internationals. It isn't even fair to mock Obama on the point, since alternative adminstrations would likely do the same. The worst of the increase in visas is the huge percentage going to companies specializing in offshoring technical employment. We have plenty of engineers who can fill those jobs, who are unemployed or under-employed now.
Someone from Manorville, NY writes:
Someone from Manorville, NY writes:
July 9, 2013
Someone from Merritt Island, FL writes:
I have twelve years at Microsoft. 20 years in IT. I currently direct a computer software IT staffing firm and am on the front-line of the technology immigration debate. I've been in the white collar sweatshops at Microsoft. My CEO has personally off-shored hundreds of thousands of American j obs to India as CIO at GE. I currently am responsible for reducing labor costs for major clients like HP, Carnival Cruise Lines, and GE so they can go from paying engineers $85/HR to $33/HR Make no mistakes. This bill has nothing to do with immigration. This bill is all about lowering wages of American technology workers to boost profits on Wall Street. That's all it is ever about. Because we know that no one in Washington cares if a US worker has to labor away for 12 hour days to make 55K instead of 95K with no overtime protections. It is time to put US Voters and citizens before multinational companies.
3 years ago
Someone from Denver, CO signed.
3 years ago
Someone from Dallas, TX writes:
I have been replaced three times in the past 12 years by H-1B visa holders. All three times I made sure those H-1B visa holders that replaced me failed at their jobs. I also went to Italy and sold the rights to two of my nano technology patents to a startup company. I used to pay approximately $25,000/year in federal income tax. Now the federal government pays me $17,000/year for public assistance. I am signing this petition to support y'all's efforts but as I just explained I have already taken my own action. I have almost completed additional nano technology research and after I apply for a patent I am selling those rights to a company in Russia. I am going to make sure that foreign nations get ahead of the struggling third world USA in terms of high tech. Ted Cruz the Senator from Texas recently in May 2013, proposed increasing H-1B visas from 65,000 to 325,000. Ted Cruz needs to resign. To all off you signing this petition please take your high tech expertise to small startup companies overseas, stay clear of large corporations and any companies associated with the USA. We the high tech experts can win this high tech war while these greedy corporations and clueless politicians watch their USA tumble.
July 26, 2013
Someone from Everett, WA signed.
August 6, 2013
Someone from Silver Spring, MD writes:
It's disgusting that these companies use the HB1 Visas to cheat Americans out of high paying tech jobs. This is a way to force the reduction of salaries and to make Americans work for pennies.
August 6, 2013
Someone from Breckenridge, CO signed.
August 24, 2013
Someone from Dripping Springs, TX writes:
After 30 years in the business, it is very apparent H-1B visa workers are not that smart... but cheap. Also, the issue that we loose them after they graduate is very secondary to if they gain experience in American company technology, they can really have a much better change to go home overseas and use that knowledge to compete against the very companies that trained them... in many cases simply stealing the technology. How can American citizens ever want to be engineers and scientist under this obvious greed. No one cares about country... but only themselves. Well it took a team to make this country and will take a team to keep it together. No reason to worry about our education system teaching math and science with Ted Cruz attitude on H-1B visas.
September 4, 2013
Someone from Hollywood, FL writes:
I am a 50-yr-old chemical engineer from top engineering school, Berkeley-MIT btw, and have been laid off twice in past 4 years because of aging and H1B replacement. After the unemployment running out, I currently go back to school for 're-training'. Two other foreigner in the research group are lining up for H1B. The research supervisor 'ordered' me to train them, hand in my data they never worked on and have no clue what the projects being about, to publish. When I say no, the supervisor, who also gained the position by H1B, had a lunch talk stating I had very good industrial experience, should make them outstanding for their future H1B work visa application. More, I couldn't afford to pay my childcare as effort in 're-education'. Today, because the long schedule 'need' for training the H1B, I left my kid in school for two hours and the school office almost called police for child endangerment. I do need a job badly to pay me childcare, or my kid will be either on street or police station. Why the congress allow so many H1B around yet we are suffering including our next generation. I promise I will explain the H1B to my boy when he grows up and will never allow him to study engineering.
September 26, 2013
Someone from Tucson, AZ writes:
This has gone on for so long.
November 2, 2013
Someone from Freeport, TX writes:
American workers must always come first. Stop hurting us.
November 7, 2013
Someone from Roanoke, TX writes:
my company is selling it soul to india workers for a nickle please help save american jobs
3 years ago
Someone from Dunnellon, FL writes:
The law of supply and demand applies to labor, aftificial manipulation of the free market to depress the price of a commodity will lead to less supply in the long run. At 40 I'm considered to old to hire, but obviously qualified to train my replacement. Now I'm back in school, my very presence is a signal to those thinking of entering engineering, the signal is a very clear DON'T!
November 28, 2013
Someone from Hayward, CA writes:
The biggest issue of being an engineer is: job! You will find very hard to change job once beyond mid-40s. Many engineers in their late 40s here in Silicon Valley will find very hard to land a new job once lost. When the time comes, the company will pick all sorts of excuses to let us go. The pass four years I have three Thanksgivings without a job. I came from top engineering school with GPA>3.95 and was thinking the situation would be different if earned a PhD. Lately I meet at least two older engineering PhDs and surprise they told me the same story: couldn?t find anything in the Valley. So, to cover up my age, I removed my graduate day and delete experience ten years ago on my resume. Last week I had two interviews after two-year effort of dropping my resume to the black holes. Both were rejected after interview; yet they liked me and even coming to the point of salary negotiation. I cut 30% salary of I used to get still no call back. Guess what, I googled the H1B application status list of that company. This year they had been granted four H1Bs with the same job title I interviewed and absurdly low paid. Then I went to LinkedIn to find the qualification of that four H1Bs: all from India or China non-recognized universities. The fact is, they used US citizen for interview data then claim couldn?t find good match for H1B justification. The point is: there is no shortage of TOP engineers and scientist in this country. When I think my kids will be on food stamp next month, what could I tell them on the Thanksgiving Day? I bring my kid to the church to serve Thanksgiving dinner to the homeless today. What they don?t know is: we worked for free food!
December 3, 2013
Someone from Dallas, TX signed.
December 3, 2013
Someone from Corsicana, TX signed.
December 5, 2013
Someone from Mesa, AZ signed.
January 5, 2014
Someone from Dallas, TX writes:
I have been replace three times in the last 12 years by H-1B foreign visa workers. I refused to train any of them and one of the former employers blocked my unemployment for not training my H-1B replacement. Most H-1Bs are not able to perform their tasks due to educational and experience differences. They are only hired due to their cost savings. Ted Cruz and other politicians want an increase in the number of H-1Bs because the corporate lobbyists told them to push for the increase. I have "sold" my patents in nano technology to an Italian company so my expertise is now overseas instead of being here but what choice did I have, try to get hired and compete with low cost H-1Bs? I also posted flyers at several colleges and universities advising students to drop out of engineering unless they denounce their USA citizenship and then be granted a job under the H-1B program.
January 6, 2014
Someone from New York, NY signed.
January 9, 2014
Someone from Stilwell, KS writes:
AmericAn workers in the IT industry have been irreparably harmed at cost of livelihoods and health, while Congress fails to act. Learn from history and stop repeating it.
January 13, 2014
Someone from Monee, IL signed.
January 25, 2014
Someone from Marietta, GA signed.
January 26, 2014
Someone from Houston, TX writes:
The H-1B program is obviously a corporate scam to get cheap labor. Increasing the green card program will bring the best and brightest. These people deserve eventual citizenship if they are that good. However, the goal of the program is below-market costs for tech labor and not to bring the best and brightest.. I was recently laid off along with two other Americans and replaced by 3 H-B1 resources from India who are sponsored by a contracting company and sold as cheap meat to the consuming company. This should not be allowed in this country and the whole scam needs to be exposed for what it is.
January 30, 2014
Someone from Malden, MA writes:
How can I maintain my family in this economy if the work that I went to school for and have worked so hard to succeed in is undercut by H1B Visa holders who will work for only a fraction of what the market used to pay? I will not support any politician that wants to make my livelihood, and thereby, my children's livelihood worst by working to increase this modern day fiasco. H1B Visa program has done irreparable damage to the American IT industry. It's no different than what has happened to janitorial, construction, hotel, and other similar industries. It's time for politicians to worry about the livelihood of Americans, who pay their taxes and have the power to vote instead of foreigners who have no vested interest in the well-being and progress of this nation!
January 31, 2014
Someone from Winter Garden, FL writes:
Again dumping cheap labor onto the market to artificially reduce the going wage for a skill.