August 30, 2012
Someone from Manchester, NH signed.
August 31, 2012
Someone from Bronx, NY signed.
September 1, 2012
Someone from Beverly, MA writes:
We do need more research devoted to different types of mites on humans. People are self-diagnosing and treating because they are desperate and don't know what else to do. I had a mild case compared to most but it was still so scary, and my own brother, a doctor, told me it was in my head! Please help end this suffering! Thank you!
Someone from Hinton, WV writes:
I moved into a house, and now I am being PLAGUED by this problem. PLEASE investigate.
September 7, 2012
Someone from San Francisco, CA writes:
There clearly needs to be serious research into this kind of zoonotic disease. The local vector control department and arthropod examination lab could not give us any helpful advice, Permathrin cream is usually useless, and doctors simply don't have enough information to be able to do anything for people. It is my belief that the problem is spreading, and that many shut-ins, suicides, and people driven to madness and homelessness are dealing with mites (and not the nervous afflictions or drug side effects that may imitate some symptoms of being infested with mites.) This is truly a hell on earth and congress should move to fund investigation and cure of arthropod infestation before it spreads further. I would bet there is a simple cure, a simple chemical, perhaps based on essential oils, that would kill these creatures in their many species and bring final relief to so many people fighting what seems to be an unending nightmare, if only there were the funded research and concerted effort to find such a cure. It may be the fastest found cure in history, as every bug has a weakness, and research would reveal a delivery system that would get into where they burrow. I can't imagine it would be that hard to figure out, if only a bunch of scientists were given the right resources.
September 9, 2012
Someone from Atlanta, GA signed.
Someone from Joppa, MD writes:
Research!!
September 15, 2012
Someone from Kew Gardens, NY writes:
The suffering and contagion has got to Stop!
September 15, 2012
Someone from Tampa, FL writes:
The CDC website, still only has the listing of the old fiasco of a study that claims this disease is delusional!!! There is nothing showing that it has actually been accepted as physiological. Outrageous!!! Not acceptable!!! The new Morgellons research at Idaho University is a JOKE!!!!! Are you people HUMAN or are you MONSTERS!!! WE ARE REAL, WE ARE ALIVE, AND WE ARE IN GREAT PAIN, AND YOU ARE STILL DOING NOTHING!!!!! WHERE IS THE GOVERNMENT MONEY TO FUND THIS RESEARCH... WHERE IS THE CURE? WHERE IS THE CAMPAIN TO INFORM THE WHOLE MEDICAL COMUNITY? WHERE IS AT LEAST SOME INFORMATION? I BET I KNOW MORE ABOUT THIS FROM JUST USING A SIMPLE MICROSCOPE AT HOME AND ALL YOU CAN DO IS LIE. WHY IS THERE NO INFORMATION OR ANY UPDATE ON THE CDC SITE? IS IT POSSIBLY BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT DOING ANYTHING ABOUT THIS?
September 16, 2012
Someone from Culver City, CA writes:
Thanks to a slumlord who didn't clear up the rat infestation and their nests, my rental unit, belongings, cats and myself are covered in mites. How are we going to live like this? No one cares, but it is killing me? The people of this country need your help, please take this matter seriously Congress and the CDC.
4 years ago
Someone from Cincinnati, OH signed.
4 years ago
Someone from Lancaster, CA signed.
4 years ago
Someone from Henderson, NV signed.
4 years ago
Someone from Henderson, NV writes:
NV needs help. soon as possible or casinos will close. schools are closin already.
4 years ago
Someone from Las Vegas, NV writes:
Las Vegas needs help! Please ASAP! Research to be done. These bugs are ruining our life! Please help find the cure. This is not scabies and I have little children that are infected. We don't know the long term side effects of this disease. Alot of people in Las Vegas are suffering. We called the health department and they said, they are aware of this problem because so many people have called, but they can't help us. I called the mayor and the governors office and they won't help us.This is an new epidemic. Please help us, you might be next.
4 years ago
Someone from Las Vegas, NV writes:
A condition more rampant than bedbugs, more damaging than scabies or chicken pox, a condition which is more easily transmitted than a cold. It is spread walking past an infested person; chairs at movie theaters or performing arts; clothing while trying on; cars, seats on a train or plane; hotels, etc. These things do not die; they exponentially proliferate; survive extreme conditions and temperatures. If Congress does not take this condition seriously, they too will become afflicted...if they havent already. This modern day mystery is here to stay - unless something is done. Action MUST be taken! You probably will never be the same after scratching your head ever again
September 24, 2012
Someone from Mount Holly, NC writes:
As a child, I roamed the woods, rolled in cudzu and ivy, played with wild animals/birds/insects and their habitats. At 42 years old, I do none of those things. Yet, one bird's nest on my front porch has caused an invisible mite infestation that is creating havoc in my home for my entire family. Something is severely wrong with the ecosystem or the environment. Please ask the CDC to take the compliants seriously and investigate.
September 24, 2012
Someone from Ogden, UT signed.
September 25, 2012
Someone from North Las Vegas, NV signed.
September 29, 2012
Someone from Las Vegas, NV writes:
Las Vegas needs help! Please ASAP! we are all infected. its extremely contagious skin disease. our doctors dont know how to cure this mysterious skin disease. . (Not displayed) Zip Code: Sign the Petition Add your public comments (optional): Sign the Petition Add your public comments (optional): Las Vegas needs help! Please ASAP! employees in te otels are all infected and its extremely contaious.otels are all infected and its extremely contaious.otels are all infected and its extremely contaious.
September 30, 2012
Someone from Napa, CA writes:
Yes! Please DO get working on this as it is incredibly irritating to have these symptoms & NO HELP to fight them?!!
October 6, 2012
Someone from Cathedral City, CA writes:
Please help! This is really creepy! I have a hard time going to sleep in fear of another bite. It's a stabbing bite, then after the second day the bump appears. I wake up and there is nothing to be found on my sheet, or walls or my person except the bite or bites.
October 7, 2012
Someone from Mount Pleasant, PA signed.
October 8, 2012
Someone from Mount Pleasant, PA signed.
October 11, 2012
Someone from Sacramento, CA signed.
October 11, 2012
Someone from Butler, NJ signed.
October 11, 2012
Someone from Rockville, MD writes:
This may not sound like a serious issue, until it gets closer to home! As the bed bug epidemic sweeps into DC from NY, people are starting to understand the seriousness involved in dealing with mites. Dermatologists are not prepared to handle this- they only treat the result and have no way to treat the cause. These are creatures eating into human flesh and reproducing constantly, not some simplistic bug bite. PLEASE find a solution to the problem before it goes too far.
October 16, 2012
Someone from North Las Vegas, NV writes:
North Las Vegas. I too have this problem. They only seem to bite in the evening. I have tried Windex, Listerine and clean, clean, clean remedies but I still periodically get biten. I try to look at the area with a magnifying glass and see nothing. I can't tell anyone because they will stay away from me or think I'm nuts. Please help!
4 years ago
Someone from Levittown, NY signed.
October 31, 2012
Someone from Centreville, VA writes:
This microscopic nearly invisible scurge is highly contageous, and are rampant as they multiply very quickly. They can become airborne, no physical contact necessary. I've collected tens of these buggers. And they lay eggs on your body in a tract that looks like a scratch or a pimple about to erupt...... !! I know I scratched it off of myself (it didn't hurt. The female burrow just beneath the skin's surface and lay her eggs, three or four at a time.) and examined them and to my surprise spotted what looked like a white mite crawling really fast! I killed it. But there's more, they are mostly small, black pepper specks like a period at the end of this sentence. Some are light brown or even reddish, but the majority is black. My hair has what looks like danruff, but I don't have that condition, and at night it feels like things are flitting across my face like walking into a spider web or have your hair fallen onto your face but when I go to grab it off, there's nothing there. The bites are sharp quick pin pricks; annoying as heck, and of course the crawling around sensation when they get active. This is maddening and it is spreading like wildfire! People who are afflicted don't even know that they are afflicted, they think it's allergy or just ignore the whole thing! Please Do Something!!!!
November 1, 2012
Someone from Elburn, IL writes:
we have had this problem for quite some time and would like to see some solutions or pesticides available to rid our family of this problem.
November 5, 2012
Someone from Bronx, NY writes:
I don't know how much longer I can live like this.
November 12, 2012
Someone from Carrboro, NC writes:
You are bitten by bird mites. 70% isopropanol kills all bacteria and mites, I believe. I trapped them by air filter of air condition or heating system, then spray with 70% IP. I also bought air purifier (TrueAir, $59) and run all night and sprayed with 70% IP next day to kill trapped mites out door.Remove anything to attract bird. Mite lays eggs and soon would be millions if you don't remove nest or bird house since one infected bird could carry thousands mites. They only bites someone with higher body temperature, and active from late afternoon till dawn. We should send the petition to congress to ban people set up bird house and bottle except they live in isolated wild.
November 15, 2012
Someone from Sacramento, CA signed.
4 years ago
Someone from Saint Petersburg, FL signed.
November 29, 2012
Someone from Jacksonville, FL signed.
December 2, 2012
Someone from Branson, MO signed.
Someone from Beaufort, SC signed.
December 10, 2012
Someone from Santa Clara, CA writes:
help! I have infected a friend and now afraid of spreading this living nightmare to others. this is going to be an epidemic is someone does not take it seriously.
4 years ago
Someone from Cherry Hill, NJ signed.