July 11, 2012
Someone from Goodlettsville, TN signed.
July 11, 2012
Someone from Seminole, FL signed.
July 11, 2012
Someone from Columbia, SC writes:
I went through this for 1 1/2 years and 3 different doctors. I finally found a doctor who regonized my symptons as RSD.
July 11, 2012
Someone from Eastlake, OH writes:
I am a chronic pain patient and have been for 12yrs. I understand there are "pill fishers" out there and they should be dealt with, but treating me like a bad person and labeling me will not help the problem!!
July 11, 2012
Someone from Ormond Beach, FL signed.
July 11, 2012
Someone from Tampa, FL writes:
It's not the chronic pain suffers that the DEA should be going after. It's the people that go on pain meds after a injury/surgery and the dumb docs that don't wean their patients off as they recover from their injury/surgery.
July 11, 2012
Someone from Columbus, OH writes:
most pain patients have mri's to prove conditions. pain is as severe as many diseases and should be treated as such. btw antianflamatorys can upset stomachs sometimes. All meds seem to have SOME side effects. No difference.
July 11, 2012
Someone from Brunswick, OH writes:
Being a Massage Therapist, It makes me crazy that I see so many people in pain and all the Dr.'s want to do it give drugs. They aren't taught how to find the source of the problem. The insurance companies don't even want to recognize massage therapy as anything helpful, when I have helped so many with their pain issues. I work with a Chiropractor and we have helped so many people with their pain because we take the time to find the source. Its sad to see that our medical Dr.'s being bought by the pharmaceutical companies to push drugs.
July 12, 2012
Someone from Randolph, WI signed.
July 12, 2012
Someone from Flowery Branch, GA writes:
I was born with one hip slightly higher than the other and have Scoliosis. I have been dealing with chronic pain for many years, it is only getting worse. I have tried chiropractors, nutritionists, therapy and heat with massage. I tried "everything" I could think of and have been well educated in what will happen with my spine. I would prefer NOT to have to take pain medications, In the last couple of years the pain has gotten way out of control. I have had to use pain medication and muscle relaxers just to be able function or on some days just to be able to walk. Massage will not work for my condition. Exercise won't work either. It would only hurt more. My spine is slowly shifting over to the right and eventually it will pull so far apart from my heart that my heart will fail because it has to pump too hard just to work. I cannot do the surgery because it will not correct my Scoliosis and has far too many risks. I suffer daily. So...I will just have to live in awful pain? That is ridiculous!
July 12, 2012
Someone from Trinity, NC signed.
July 12, 2012
Someone from Cleveland, OH signed.
July 12, 2012
Someone from Nowata, OK signed.
July 12, 2012
Someone from Oklahoma City, OK signed.
July 12, 2012
Someone from Hollister, MO writes:
I suffer from long term pain. In Missouri It took me months to find a Doctor who would treat me after I moved her from another state. It has gotten ridiculous with patients being told 'you wont find a Doctor to treat you here for pain' I called 12 Doctors for help even after they had my medical records they still wouldnt treat me. This needs to stop and stop now. What is being caused is a rise in illegal drug use by people who have legit reasons to be on pain management, and they way they are spoken to is horrendous. I finally found a Doctor who is treating me and I'm very thankful. There is a large difference between drug addicts and those who truly need pain management, that concept needs to be understood.
July 12, 2012
Someone from Santa Cruz, CA writes:
Focus on the bigger not the people who need help, go after the people who actually abuse drugs that do not get prescribed to them, leave chronic pain patients alone
July 13, 2012
Someone from Orange City, FL signed.
July 13, 2012
Someone from Poughkeepsie, NY signed.
July 14, 2012
Someone from Holiday, FL writes:
Been suffering with chronic pain due to untreatable disc degeneration, herniated discs that will not heal, and a fractured vertebrae. I am a victim of the pharmacists treating me like a criminal, and luckily have found one that treats me like a human.
July 14, 2012
Someone from Lakeland, FL signed.
Someone from Kingsport, TN writes:
I cannot get treatment for my pain which is severe. I can barely function due to the pain and I cannot get any relief. I hate to think that I am just going to have to suffer for now on. Because doctors are so afraid of the DEA they refuse to treat legit patients with pain. My doctor told me I will just have to take tylenol after I had told him that I had been taking between 8-10 tylenol a day with little relief. He said there was nothing he could do because the DEA was so strict now and that he could loose his license. This is unethical and inhumane. We the people need to make some changes in our government. The DEA is causing more problems by doing this. People who cannot get treatment for pain, some will turn to other forms of relief (illegal or not), some will turn to suicide, some will have to file for disability cause they can no longer work and be productive in society. And I am sick and tired of Dr's acting strange when I let them know how much pain I'm in, after that my dr pretty much ignored me and acted like he could not be bothered. Now I am afraid to bring up my pain to my dr because I'm afraid he won't take me seriously and take the time to formally diagnosis my other conditions.
4 years ago
Someone from Sebastian, FL signed.
4 years ago
Someone from Plainfield, IN signed.
4 years ago
Someone from Plainfield, IN signed.
Someone from Omaha, NE writes:
I have Degenerative Disc disease, Cervical Stenosis, Lumbar Stenosis and also suffer from neuropathic pain in arms and legs; I couldn't/can't be as productive as I am without being prescribed several opiods. I have never abused them, never taken more then I was prescribed and although they were initially prescribed by a Neurologist at Mayo Clinic, my primary physician follows his orders and writes my refills. Please do not make my life more difficult than it already is and/or the physician that works with me. Thank you!
Someone from Las Vegas, NV writes:
I am a chronic pain patient due to bilateral knee pain. My knees are always dislocated. I constantly have to find new doctors due to the DEA's crack downs in Las Vegas. Harry Reid's office doesn't care. Neither party wants to stop this. Why can't they go after the heroin users? I am going to commit suicide one day because of this pain when it is untreated. That's what this country has done for me. What life is worth living without any quality?
Someone from Linden, NJ writes:
when u have chronic pain, its all about the quality of life, if that means taking pain meds then so be it, we need good doctors to hold true to the oath they took when they became doctors, First do no harm...
Someone from Linden, NJ writes:
i sign this for my wife who suffers everyday with chronic pain.
Someone from Sallisaw, OK writes:
I suffer from chronic pain daily due to a stroke and Im a victim of this. Now that Im in OK its hard to get proper treatment and what treatment Ive had has been below par because they think Im abusing when in reality Im in pain everyday.
Someone from Columbus, IN writes:
I am a sufferer of Arachnoiditis. I got this wonderful disease from an epidural injection. I wish that the Doctors out there would start on finding a cure for this disease, or at least some kind of treatment.. My life is over now, I can't make plans with ppl to go places b/c I never know what each day brings..This is a horrible way to live.
4 years ago
Someone from Hollywood, FL signed.
Someone from Staten Island, NY writes:
WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO "FIRST, DO NO HARM"????? How DARE they????? I CAN'T GET OUT OF BED!!!!! The stuff I need to fix that is four doors down at the drugstore.
4 years ago
Someone from East Elmhurst, NY signed.
Someone from Galena, MO writes:
i suffer from arachnoiditis, and it is becoming harder and harder to recieve pain relief because of the current policy. this needs to stop!
Someone from North Bergen, NJ writes:
I was in an accident and lucky to be alive. 2 metal rods in my arm and back that hits the bone is not fun. I still have to work. If it wasn;t for my pain meds i wouldn;t be able to do anything! The DEA has made the pharmacy;s afraid to even fill our perscriptions!! This has turned into others that aren;t Drs. telling us what to do about our pain!!! Drug users will always find A way to get thier drugs, so why are we to suffer!!!!
Someone from Milltown, NJ writes:
i signed this for my sister who lives with chronic pain each and every day..
4 years ago
Someone from Hyattsville, MD signed.
Someone from Rogers, AR writes:
I am one of the people who have to struggle each day with "Arachnoiditis". My Dr. had to take a test to see if he was capable of administering my pain medication. This is ARCHAIC!!!! I'm not a drug abuser! I take this medicine so I can half way function. Along with thousands of others.
Someone from Oviedo, FL writes:
I have Arachnoidis from a medical mistake during child birth and have daily chronic pain. From the beginning I was not believed by many. We as a nation need to realize that chronic pain is a disease like diabetes, high blood pressure and obesity and deserve the same respect.
4 years ago
Someone from Wesley Chapel, FL signed.