June 25, 2012
Someone from Holtsville, NY signed.
June 25, 2012
Someone from Brooklyn, NY writes:
There has GOT to be a better way, and putting the chronic pain sufferrer and their doctor in harms way IS NOT the answer. Consider your family and loved ones in the chronic pain sufferrers position before you make such judgements,as you may find you or them in our spot someday.
June 25, 2012
Someone from Owensboro, KY writes:
I use pain meds. I dont want to over use or become dependent on my meds. I need my meds for pain. Even now I have to pick and choose when to take my meds for pains because my doctor give me one pain pill a day. I take 1/2 of one at a time. Doctors need to get test, MRI, x-rays, ect., of patients problems to document the reason for use. After that doctors should be clear to do as they see that is right for the patient. The DEA , police and government should have no say in how my doctor treats my medical needs. Long time patients do not shop for drugs. Most patients only have one doctor. I dont believe pain clinics are the answer, either.
June 25, 2012
Someone from Fort Wayne, IN writes:
at no point should law enforcement personal have more say in a patient's healthcare than their physician, but this is what it has come to. leave the medical decisions to the doctors and patients.
June 26, 2012
Someone from Leetsdale, PA signed.
June 26, 2012
Someone from Denton, NC signed.
June 26, 2012
Someone from Longwood, FL writes:
I am a working professional that needs pain medication for my chronic pain to even be able to function. Every time I walk into a pharmacy to fill my medication I feel disgusted with the way I am spoken to and treated because of the medications I take. Stop victimizing people with legitimate problems! I work to pay taxes so that I can pay for the government to run this country and take care of it's citizens. Well I'm a law abiding, tax paying, citizen and my chronic pain isn't being managed because of this "witch hunt!" Allow doctors to do their jobs by helping the suffering and allow pharmacies to fill valid prescriptions!
June 27, 2012
Someone from Jay, ME signed.
June 27, 2012
Someone from Mebane, NC signed.
June 27, 2012
Someone from Mebane, NC signed.
June 28, 2012
Someone from Bardstown, KY writes:
As a former employee in the medical field and a chronic pain patient I've seen so many patients treated horribly by physicians and nurses because they do not believe the patients are really suffering. If physicians would do a KASPER on every patient that is described narcotics they could determine which patients are abusing the system.
June 28, 2012
Someone from Mc Donald, KS writes:
A body can not heal when overwhelmed with pain. . .
Someone from Virginia Beach, VA signed.
June 28, 2012
Someone from Colby, KS writes:
I suffer a unknown, unreported and unrecognized spinal cord injury. Known as a rare condition. It took me years to find out the cause of my pain. As my condition will eventually will progress leaving my future vague. My reliance for medications for any relief is required for my present and future. I rely on trustworthy, respectful doctors to prescribe medications, to have any relief to do so. As the system "cracks down" the wrath of the ones truly suffering go without. As the many suffering go years not knowing what truly is wrong, why chronic pain is a rising epidemic. We must focus on what is causing the pain and suffering and try to break the cycle. ( I.E Harmful side effects to invasive spinal procedures?..)Taking away medication to the ones truly suffering is not the key. Leaving a devastating anguish in its path. We must re-train are doctors, focus and how to prevent and how to treat. For all Suffers and humanity?s rights.
June 28, 2012
Someone from Orlando, FL signed.
June 28, 2012
Someone from Quakertown, PA signed.
June 28, 2012
Someone from Seminole, FL signed.
June 28, 2012
Someone from Seminole, FL signed.
June 28, 2012
Someone from Decatur, GA signed.
June 29, 2012
Someone from Virginia Beach, VA signed.
June 29, 2012
Someone from Tacoma, WA writes:
I am only 25 & am a victim of a car accident. I since the accident I have severe neck & back pain. I find it so hard to find a Dr., that will prescribe me a dose of pain meds that let me function normally.. I have been lectured by many Dr's. That I am too young to take pain meds and that I will become addicted if I continue taking my ridiculously small dose. I get looked at like a drug seeker because of my age. I am an adult da responsible one, but I think I know how much I need to function. I had one Dr cut me off completely of pain meds just month of seeing him. My current Dr who also gives me such minimal dose I can barely function days won't increase the mg amount because I'm a female and don't weigh 200 lbs. I find this cracked down to be so ridiculous and the government doesn't see what it's creating. The people who abuse drugs should be held responsible for their own habits.. Don't punish everyone else who REALLY NEED PAJN MEDS DUE TO A PHYSICAL DISSABILIY LIKE MS & SUCH. I KNOW MY PAIN IS FAR DOWN ON THE LIST OF CONCERNING PROBLEMS BUT I AM SO YOUNG AND WILL PROBABLY HAVE TO GET DISSABILIY SOON.. I WILL 95 % LIKELY HAVE CHRONIC PAIN FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE! I WHERE ARE THE REAL DRS.. WHO WILL PRESCRIBE AND ARENT AFRAID TO DO SO? I BECAUSE I NEED ONE OF THE.
June 29, 2012
Someone from Tacoma, WA writes:
June 30, 2012
Someone from Anchorage, AK writes:
Let Us live pain free!!!! Stop this DEA - walk a mile in chronic pain patients Shoes - before u judge!! Why do we have to suffer - please let us live.
Someone from Middlesex, NC writes:
I am sick of feeling like a junkie because I need pain medication. I have been on meds for 10-15 years. NOW my Dr. says he can't prescribe them because of the DEA. He tells me I have to go to a pain clinic. I go and they hardly touch me and don't do any test, xrays, nothing!! I tell my GP I didn't like them and felt like they didn't really believe me and he looks at me like I am full of BS. I say can I go somewhere else and he tells me as long as he can document I need the medication there is no problem. He gives me a few choices and I choose an orthopedic clinic. I wait almost 2 months for the referral that I never get so I talk to the clinic a few times and they let me schedule an appointment.I go, they take xrays and do test and tell me as long as I don't go over 3 pain pills a day then everything is good. I go back the following week for my hands and wrist and sure enough they say the pain medication is fine. (I have been taking hydrocodone 5-500 an average of 2 a day sometimes 1 sometimes 3) I call my GP for a refill and he tells me NO, I need to go to another pain clinic. WHAT THE HELL. I don't have a lot of money to keep jumping thru hoops like circus animal. I do what he ask and then he changes his mind. HELP . I live outside Zebulon. I need a Dr. who will treat me and not make me do 100 tricks to get my medication.
July 1, 2012
Someone from Sterling Heights, MI signed.
Someone from Hemet, CA signed.
July 2, 2012
Someone from Yorba Linda, CA signed.
July 2, 2012
Someone from Crawfordville, FL writes:
In Tallahassee no insurance means no Rheumatologist or pain management, shame when drug addicts can go to Methodone clinic but a patient with chronic illness has nothing!
July 7, 2012
Someone from Bethlehem, PA writes:
I can't write everything I'm going through bc there is too much & I'm in too much pain. I'm tired of crying in pain, always saying I can't do something & needing help. Being treated horribly, like a low life who wants drugs, yet all I want to is to not be in pain and feel like a person again.
July 9, 2012
Someone from Pahrump, NV writes:
I too have a petition and I think it is necessary to change the views from ignorance to understanding.
Someone from Little Elm, TX signed.
July 10, 2012
Someone from Rochester, NY writes:
I know> I was targeted because I provided care to people who suffered severe, chronic, intractable an incurable pain. Most of my former patients are forced now to drive over 150 miles just to find a doctor willing to treat them, even tough we live in a major metropolitan area. The DEA is using fear and intimidation to manipulate care for people disabled by pain. Furthermore, the opioid epidemic is mostly a problem of young white males while chronic pain is a problem more often affecting older men and women. The DEA has destroyed the professional practice of so many honest doctors that the remaining ones will not touch the patients who seek only to participate in some semblance of normal life. As a result pain sufferers are too often needlessly exiled to confines of there own homes. Not unlike days gone by when Lepers, suffering from a disdained and poorly understood disease, were exiled to colonies!
July 10, 2012
Someone from Tampa, FL signed.
July 10, 2012
Someone from Tampa, FL signed.
July 10, 2012
Someone from Warren, OH signed.
July 10, 2012
Someone from Cleveland, OH writes:
I am a Rheumatoid Arthritis and Frobromyalgia suffer and I don't think I should have to go through all the loop holes just to get just enough meds to help me get through the day
July 10, 2012
Someone from Castanea, PA signed.
July 10, 2012
Someone from Salem, MA signed.
July 10, 2012
Someone from Fairfield, IA writes:
this is SO wrong!!!!!!!! Last time I checked, the government officials didn't go to Medical School. I worked in EMS AND Nursing and am here to tell Congress that I am unable to tell by looking at 10 people who claim to have chronic pain which one if faking and the 9 who aren't-where do you get this psychic or xray ability??? As a chronic pain patient, I abhore the government interferring with a Dr's ability to be able to dictate how they treat their patients-they are the ones who went to medical school after all-let them do their jobs
July 10, 2012
Someone from Lawton, OK signed.