June 22, 2012
Someone from Norwalk, CT signed.
June 22, 2012
Someone from Sacramento, CA signed.
June 22, 2012
Someone from Belchertown, MA signed.
June 22, 2012
Someone from Pensacola, FL signed.
June 22, 2012
Someone from Linden, NJ writes:
i cannot tell you how it feels to be labeled a drug abuser after living with chronic pain for 24yrs, if i have to go to the ER or to a new doctor when they see the pain meds i am taking a flag goes up, most of these new doctors will calm down as soon as they see my mri, but its sad, and it hurts to have that label put on you because u have chronic pain, we need more education in all medical establishments such as hospitals, medical fields, schools, nursing, pharmacology,yes there are abusers but there are abusers in everything not just drugs, lets let the doctors take care of their patients, get the insurance companies out of the doctors office.. thank you..
June 23, 2012
Someone from Phoenix, AZ signed.
Someone from Oracle, AZ writes:
My family Dr who just retired used t rail about these new Drs fresh out of school who were told not to give pain meds and he used to say that they will all change their minds when they get to be his age but before then they were going to cause a lot of harm to suffering people!
Someone from Lake City, FL signed.
June 23, 2012
Someone from Shirley, MA signed.
Someone from Scottsville, NY writes:
Pain sufferers and their doctors are so mistreated!
Someone from Winston Salem, NC writes:
The only way they are going to understand is to be placed in a position with a painful chronic condition and to be given something for their pain then get cut off and have to suffer...then they would know what this is like endure on a day in and day out basis.
June 23, 2012
Someone from Seattle, WA signed.
Someone from Winston Salem, NC writes:
What a concept!!...Lets not just medicate the symptoms, but lets try to figure out the underlying cause of the chronic pain!! NO Doctor I've been to goes there unless I take them there!! Its MY body and MY choice....and I can't make a valid legitimate choice without knowing whats wrong..."INFORMED CONSENT" needs to be a priority here!! If that was done then the DEA "Brow beating" would wane against ALL parties involved!! STOP making me feel like a CRIMINAL. If the Doctors would stop catering to pharmaceutical and insurance companies interest, and their own agenda of filling up their pockets we would ALL be better served here!!
June 23, 2012
Someone from Matawan, NJ signed.
June 23, 2012
Someone from Cypress, TX signed.
Someone from Tucson, AZ writes:
It is a disgrace that the government is treating people with chronic pain in such a horrible, degrading manner and terrorizing doctors to prevent them from helping people who are justifiably in pain. I am ashamed of our government for this activity by the DEA and also the lack of a fair healthcare system.
June 23, 2012
Someone from Liberty, MO signed.
Someone from Arlington, WA writes:
Change IN PM is needed. understanding for the elderly in pain. For everyone in pain
June 23, 2012
Someone from Jamestown, NY signed.
June 23, 2012
Someone from Tucker, GA signed.
Someone from Woodstock, GA writes:
A patient who only takes 1-2 pills in a bad week (yes, that's right--a bad WEEK) got referred out by his orthopedic surgeon to a pain clinic, where he had to submit to a urine test and sign a contract to get his next prescription. The clinic charged $395 for the new patient visit and another $300 (which he was warned might not be reimbursed by insurance!) for the urine test. If this individual had not had unusually good insurance coverage, he would now be without medication. And in pain.
June 23, 2012
Someone from Kalamazoo, MI signed.
Someone from Ragley, LA writes:
I am a chronic pain sufferer. And it is ashame that this is happening.
June 23, 2012
Someone from Culver, IN signed.
Someone from San Jacinto, CA writes:
I have lupus and fibromyalgia, chronic pain is a part of my everyday life. Thank God I finally found a doctor who understands!
Someone from Granite City, IL writes:
These people who believe that pain should not be controlled is full of bologna. I wish them as much pain as I have and watch them suffer. Some of us out there are truly allergic or seriously cannot take NSAIDS due to multiple ulcers in their history. My regular doctor yelled at me for taking an NSAID my surgeon gave me to get me off of other pain medication, I stopped it and the surgeon told me I had no pain tolerance and I have done myself a great injustice by taking pain medications. Well, I would not get out of bed and be able to even have a productive day without it. I think the DEA needs to reconsider who the real offenders are with this drug problem in the US.
Someone from Greensburg, KY writes:
PLEASE FOR THE SAKE OF THOSE WHO DEAL WITH SEVERE PAIN, IF YOU HAD TO DEAL WITH IT 24/7 YOU WOULD SEE THINGS DIFFERENTLY! YOU NEED TO LEAVE THE DOCTORS ALONE AND LET THEM TREAT THE PATIENTS AS THEY THINK THEY NEED TO. WE ARE THE ONES HERE WHO ARE HURTING AND WILL BE IN A DESPERATE STATE IF YOU STOP THEM FROM HELPING US! WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD WANT TO BE IN THIS CONDITION, NO ONE THAT IS FOR SURE. NO ONE WANTS TO BE IN SEVERE PAIN EVERY DAY, IF I COULDN'T HAVE MY PAIN MEDS, THEY WOULD PROBABLY HAVE TO PUT ME AWAY. SO I AM ASKING YOU TO PLEASE STOP THIS ATTACK ON OUR DOCTORS! LET THEM TREAT THEIR PATIENTS THE WAY THEY NEED TO, AND NOT TO HAVE TO BE AFRAID OF WRITING PRESCRIPTIONS. THIS IS AN INVASION OF PRIVACY AND THE RIGHT TO TREATED AS A HUMAN BEING. IF NEED BE, GO AFTER THE DRUG LORDS, THE ONES WHO ARE SELLING ON THE STREETS, YOU KNOW WHO AND WHERE THEY ARE!!!! GO AFTER THE REAL ONES WHO SMUGGLE IT IN AND SELL IT TO ANYONE WLLING TO BUY AND THE THEY RESELL IT. THE PROBLEM IN NOT US, THE HURTING PATIENT, BUT HTE ONES ON THE STREETS. DO YOUR JOB, GET THEM OFF THE STREETS AND YOU WILL SOLVE A LOT OF YOUR PROBLEMS.
June 24, 2012
Someone from Memphis, TN writes:
Doctors need to have more training when it comes to migraines and those with chronic pain. Find a cure for that, and people would not need the medication
June 24, 2012
Someone from Shirley, MA writes:
I am one of the lucky ones, I am surviving on controlling my fibromyalgia and sciatica pain without high level opiates, like I had done in the past. I went from 10 mg vicodin 4 times a day, all the way up to 50 mg Duragesic patches every 2 days. One day I had enough and tore my last pain patch off in frustration, never to go back to them. I am very lucky now and have a pain management doctor, who understands fibromyaglic pain and we are working together so that I don't have to go back to opiates and stay on low cost, generic drugs, so it is affordable as well. So, there are ways to control pain, you and your doctor, MUST communicate and make a plan together as to how this will happen.
June 24, 2012
Someone from Nashville, TN writes:
Over the many years I have been to many of the areas pain clinics. Most require you submit to epidural steroid shots on a regular basis, prior to accepting you as a patient. This form of medical blackmail, considering how dangerous and harmful these procedures are ( not to mention their lack of success at treating many conditions) must be banned as illegal and unethical. The few doctors that don't do this are the unsung heros of the medical community.
June 24, 2012
Someone from Owensboro, KY signed.
June 24, 2012
Someone from Ragland, WV signed.
June 24, 2012
Someone from Windham, ME writes:
I was turned down by a primary care doctor because I had chronic pain. Terrible!
June 24, 2012
Someone from Custer, MT writes:
Chronic Pain patients shouldn't be labeled as "Long term drug Users" just because we need the pain medications in order to live a somewhat normal life. Its not fair that the pain management drs limit on what they can do for pain because of the dea is watching very carefully. Its not fair that some drs will not help patients with a treatment plan because they have multiple problems going on, including prescribing other medications that could be benefical to their patients. This includes not giving their patients adqueate medications in order to reach a manageable pain level! And the healthcare needs to be more helpful with patients that have tons of problems because I have tons of back problems and I can't find any dr to help me due to my vast back/ spine problems... there has to be something that can help patients like myself!
June 25, 2012
Someone from Ulster Park, NY signed.
June 25, 2012
Someone from Spokane, WA writes:
Medical marijuana patients and prescribers face the same types of discrimination because of choosing a natural, state approved medicine/treatment.
June 25, 2012
Someone from West Charleston, VT signed.
June 25, 2012
Someone from Blue Springs, MO writes:
Forcing pain patients underground in more ways than one. I suspect a rise in suicide too. Walk a mile in my shoes. Pain control should be a choice, not a crime.
June 25, 2012
Someone from Fruita, CO writes:
This is one of my biggest fears... that I'll be labelled a "drug seeker" and have my pain meds cut off. Fortunately, I have doctors who get it, but I still undermedicate so it doesn't look like I'm going through my pain meds too fast.
June 25, 2012
Someone from Muncie, IN signed.