2 months ago
Someone from Brooklyn, NY writes:
I'm one of those people suffering from chronic pain from 2 different diseases and am an almost senior. I never took pills (ever!) before I became ill with pain as bad as giving birth. With that said, hopefully making it clear that I'm not an abuser, I will make my point. There is most definitely an opioid addiction problem in the US, nobody is arguing that with the DEA.. But how did that happen? It happened from the corrupt doctors that were prescribing opioids for people who didn't need them! And it happened from the subsequent pharmacies they opened as pill mills, no questions asked. The profits were huge. My local pharmacist had a multi million dollar home, was arrested and killed himself before sentencing. His crimes were related to steroids, not opiates, yet I haven't read about the DEA cracking down on that, could be that I missed it, don't know. But what I DO know is that while I wait my turn at the Dr. for a prescription that is almost ridiculous for my type of pain, I see AND HEAR all the patients that have nothing wrong with them at all. They're selling their pills & sometimes the buyers are waiting outside in full withdrawal. That's what should be investigated - the fake patients with the pain that can't be diagnosed. That way, those of us who need it can get the proper amount and the proper milligram per pill. One last thing, the suicide thought came to mind a few times also due to the pain. I just can't do that to those I love including my pets, it would just be more suffering and another win for the dealers. Please sign this, it's important.
2 months ago
Someone from Wooster, OH writes:
This is soooo total B.S. when Drs have to be leary OF EVERY patient that enters their domain FOR HELP , with pain and or anxiety or usually both.. I'm 64 and have 3 mental condition ß and 7 physical pains.I couldn't get thru a day without all of my meds.Becuz of a few that don't know HOW to take their meds correctly, we ALL shouldn't have to be scrutinized and punished,and be made to feel like we're drug addicts, instead of human beings trying to manage their pain and anxiety, and have some quality of life.I had 4th stage cancer at 34, had an excellent Dr, that's why I'm still here.....Drs. must treat Each individual as such and treat with experience, Plus kindness and compassion.....The whole difference between a good Dr.and a GREAT one, is the latter Listens n cares, and treats not only by the damn BOOK, BUT also with his heart and a God consciousness ( IF HE HAS ANY). Good luck on that and God Bless!!!! Trying to remember that hypacratic oath all of them took might help TOO ???? I have the most wonderful Dr.in the world.TGFH She actually listens to me, along with using her medical expertise.
2 months ago
Kathy o. from Paw Paw, MI writes:
I recently got most of pain medication taken away i have fibromyalgia failed thoracic spina fusion deg disk disease chronic pain stenosis andondisability for life since i was 25 now 57 and haveneverhadthis happen All i feel is more pain andno desire to get up and go thru thiseach day ty.Suicide i totally understand th isconcept//noone cares in the medical field i wentto pain clinic for help they told me how bad my medical situationis then told me they are taking medication away makes no sense i have one doctor i dont dr shop and have never done anyting wrong with it! Any hlep out there '
2 months ago
Kristin X. from Madison, WI writes:
My story: Mother of 11 month old. Over-extended my back a couple weeks ago, cannot stand or lift baby without screaming in pain. Went to two different ER's in town and my primary doctor. All refused to give me narcotics even though I'm not an abuser and have never been. The fact that the people who needs these drugs to get by aren't allowed to get them, is NOT OKAY. Meanwhile- middle aged woman who walks fine, is at the counter getting
2 months ago
Someone from Madison, WI writes:
2 months ago
Anne J. from Amityville, NY writes:
It is outrageous, not everyone is or can become addicted to these meds, people should be able to get them as easily as antibiotics
2 months ago
Someone from Chino Hills, CA writes:
I am sick of these psyop people in my neighborhood constaly harassing me. Trying to convince me I am crazy. This is bs and if u continue to target me I will have no choice but to press charges. I am disabled and this is injust!!
2 months ago
Someone from Saint Albans, WV writes:
Those who abuse meds have ruined it for the rest of us! It's not fair that we all have to suffer for the fault of a few addicts!!! Now, we have to suffer from pain from their actions!?? How is that fair!!!??? Just because there are idiots out there, doesn't mean we are all abusers! I wish you guys could feel how it is to be in this much pain. Meds doesn't really get rid of the pain but, it eases it enough for us to be able to move. Those with pain are the only ones who can understand this. What they're doing feels like they're pushing those good people to the streets and get their meds. illegally! That's how I feel. They keep saying that people OD from their meds. well, if you don't get a handle on those who need their meds., you will have more deaths on your hands. They will be more inclined to doing things illegal to help ease their pain or worse! I pray not... But it seems like that is where they're wanting patients to do. What a shame!
December 24, 2016
Someone from Hydesville, CA writes:
I was in recent mva with severe injury to left lower leg due to lower air bag. I have been a nurse for 30 years and have never seen more hardware to repair anyones leg. I had 2 surgeries in 3 weeks and 2 weeks after my 2nd surgery my orthapedist told me i should only need tylenol and would not give me any further pain medication. I have nerve damage and severe bone injury. My family saw me go totally out of my mind in pain after 48 hours and even my PA would not give me any pain medication. Merry Xmas to me. I don't believe in sueing the few dr's we have left but how else will i get my point across.THIS IS SO WRONG.
December 25, 2016
Someone from Port Clinton, OH writes:
I think patients should start suing the Doctors and maybe just maybe the government might sit up and take notice. This so called law is the reason for the heroin epidemic, people are trying to find pain relief anyway that they can. It is so sad in this country there is never a middle it is either far to the left or far to the right, they don't use common sense. I was on 0.5 mg Oxycodone for almost 15 years never increase because this does the job but now I get 0 I refused to be herded in every thirty days driving a hour each way to be given 1 oxycodone a day. The place is horrible looking it feels like some backroom shady Doctors office and now they are pushing steroid shots which also destroy the body, the other problem not having my pain medication is that it is causing my BP to rise it does that when anyone is in pain. I just pray someone gets common sense soon.
December 25, 2016
Someone from port clinton, OH signed.
December 25, 2016
Stefan J. from Truckee, CA writes:
We have the same problem in my home country Sweden and it is a shame it must be this way! Because it should efinitively be the other way around! People should not suffer due to lack of medication!
December 26, 2016
michael h. from Murrieta, CA signed.
December 27, 2016
Someone from Mesquite, TX writes:
I don't blame the physicians, their license and livelihood are being threatened! The bad guys are the DEA/FDA, plus all the paid off greedy guts in government and industry who are bought off like 2 bit whores! So because of these evil pos I have to suffer after 30 years of perfect prescription rules!
Someone from Henderson, TX writes:
When I was 16 I was a passenger in a car wreck. I broke the windshield with my head. I have had Chronic back Pain since then, I'm now 47. I have been under pain management for many years. My back continues to get worse over time and with that more Pain. My last doctor was arrested. My current doctor under treats my Pain. My own bedroom has become my own torture chamber. I could write so many awful experiences from Er's to my mind not wanting to be here. The panic button that the government has pushed has had severe consequences for the patients in Chronic Pain. The people that take these to get high will find it harder to get these life saving medications and turn to something else for their high. I myself have never received a high with my life saving medication just relief. I say life saving because when you have Chronic Pain it does just that. You can maybe go out to eat, do a little shopping, be up if company is over, sleep better. Without medications not much of a life. Not to mention you can't help thoughts of not being here when in constant Pain. Doctors need to treat a patients Pain with their dignity in place. Do no harm. Harm is what is being done to me and countless others. We desperately need Chronic Pain Relief. Something has to be done to protect us, the vulnerable Chronic Pain patients.
December 27, 2016
Brent E. from Athens, AL writes:
I had an motorcycle accident a few years ago. This resulted in the detachment of my heel from the foot, as well as my right elbow being completely knocked out of its socket, tearing tendon and ligaments. Over the next 18 months of surgery and rehabilitation I became dependent on Opioids. The surgeon who repaired my heel and elbow prescribed first Vicodin, then after a couple of months treated my pain with Hydrocodone 10mg 3-4 times daily as needed to manage my pain. For 12 months I took the 10's, after which I was stepped down to 7.5's for a month. I was not aware that was how my doctor was preparing me to cease opioid use, but that was her method of releasing me from her care. It didn't take long for me to find Opioids for sell outside of legal channels. I managed my own pain and habit for almost 3 years before I had enough and sought help for my addiction. It took me 8 months on multiple waiting list before I could enter a Suboxone program. A year and half later I am still on the Suboxone program and can even manage my Grandmothers medications without sneaking into her pain meds for myself. The Suboxone has allowed me to do this. I do want to get to a place where I no longer need the Suboxone to function. I have recently been subjected to open door urine collections, and disrespectful treatment by my Doctors staff. I voluntarily sought help for my addiction, but am being treated as if I am a criminal under the courts order to participate in an addiction clinic. Am I still not a free citizen just because of a medical condition? If so, then why am I and the rest of my fellows in the same predicament being treated as criminals simply because we sought help before being caught buying illegal drugs? The treatment of addiction patients should be the same as any other patient. No matter the ailment. We all deserve to be treated as the citizens we are and not criminals!
December 27, 2016
David R. from Darlington, SC writes:
December 27, 2016
David R. from Darlington, SC writes:
If the Federal Gov. Would get there Heads out of there ASSes and look around they could see all the waist all because they can't say they were WRONG The waist goes. On and why Would the DEA go after Drs who are only trying to help who need extra or other kinds of Meds!!!!
December 27, 2016
Someone from Salem, OR signed.
December 28, 2016
Winnie K. from Triangle, VA writes:
And I recently moved here to for Genia from Florida I had a wonderful position in Florida that I had known for 20 years I had no problem getting my medications at Avalon oxycodone at 10 325 I think I've been in Virginia for a few minutes and I'm getting very low outback so I have tried to find a doctor that can help me nobody wants to talk to so what are the people to do are they wanting people to use euthanasia because I have severe very severe neuropathy the bottom my feet feel like there's a blowtorch out of the top of the feet are freezing my toenails are at the point that they need to be taken off eyeball so get ready for spinal third Street after three other attempts have been made I've got a shoulder replacement that didn't heal properly and I've got an artificial me and I fell recently and damage both my knees I can't some days I just don't feel like going on . What does the FDA the DEA and worship did well the people to do that is in chronic pain I've been on these medications for eight years and pretty soon I won't have any cuts up and cut them and have do they want us to start crack you're one of the curb for eight try to get cocaine is that what they're looking for because it's just not fair for people to have to suffer
December 28, 2016
Nicole S. from Vista, CA writes:
I have suffered in pain for years. My doctors gave me psych referrals and ignored my symptoms. I went 4 months with a 7mm kidney stone stuck in my left ureter, 6 months that I know of with a gallbladder full of stones, it got to the point that when they removed it the surgeon said it was infected. My pancreas now has a 25mmx18mm unknown area and the upper endoscopy ultrasound looks like Swiss cheese. I've had what they told me was IBS for yeArs, incredible pain after eating, terrible diarrhea to the point of proctitis, gastritis and colitis and do you think I can get my doctor to give me pain meds so I can just live a normal life. I only take them when I'm desperate and I've been telling them how bad my pain is with little concern. Something needs to change. Living everyday in terrible pain is incredibly depressing. It isn't fair or ok to leave people the way I've felt for years day in and day out, unable to Sleep because of the pain. Not everyone is a drug addict seeking pain meds to get high. I've never been addicted to anything in my life, I responsibly use medication to help me live a normal life and only take it when I can't function because the pain is so bad I just want to cry all day. People like me need help and compassion not speculation and psych referrals.
December 28, 2016
Nicole S. from Vista, CA writes:
December 28, 2016
Someone from Howell, NJ writes:
EXPLAIN TO THE COUNTRY HOW THE CDC JUST RECENTLY QUIETLY RELEASED THEIR NEW OVERDOSE STATISTICS AND HEY HAVE FOUND THAT THEY WERE VERY WRONG AND THAT PRESCRIPTION OPIODS ARE NOT WHAT IS FUELING THE SO CALLED EPIDEMIC, WHICH HAS BEEN A FICTIOUS EPIDEMIC MADE TO FIT THE GOVERNMENTS ADDICTION DRIVEN AGENDA. THE WAR ON DRUGS WAS TURNED INTO A WAR/ATTACK ON PAIN DRS AND LEGIT PAIN PTS NATIONWIDE, LEAVING THE CHRONICALLY ILL TO SUFFER IN A TORTUROUS HELL!!! WHY IS THE CDC NOT BEING HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR WHAT THEY HAVE DONE, USED FALSE DATA, CHERRY PICKED INFO, AND WHY IS IT THAT THE OVERDOSE DEATHRATE VARIES FROM EVERYWHERE ITS BEING SHOUTED FROM!? THE CDC SHOUKD BE FORCED TO RETRACT THOSE INHUMANE GUIDELINES BASED OFF FALSE DATA, THE DAMAGE HAS BEEN DONE AS THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS OF LIVES ARE CONTINUING TO BE LOST TO SUICIDE AS EVERY DAY MORE AND MORE PAIN PTS ARE ABANDONED BY THEIR DRS. SHAME ON YOU OBAMA AND YOUR ADMINISTRATION!! YOU ALL HAVE THE BLOOD OF EVERY SUICIDE LOST DUE TO INADEQUATE PAIN RELIEF, EVERY INTENTIONAL OVERDOSE THAT A PAIN PT CHOSE TO TAKE THEIR LIFE THAT WAY AS THEY WERE ABOUT TO BE CUT OFF FROM THIER LIFESAVING PAIN MEDICATION! STOP THIS PROHIBITION OF MEDICALLY NECESSARY PAIN MEDICATION!!! WHY IS THERE NOT A PROHIBITION OF ALCOHOL WHOSE DEATHRATES MORE THAN DOUBLE THAT OF YOUR MADE UP OVERDOSE DEATHRATE!?!?!?
December 28, 2016
Someone from Fort Wayne, IN signed.
December 29, 2016
GUADALUPE A. M. from Granger, WA writes:
I am a Viet-Nam Veteran and suffered an accident while working as a maintenance mechanic, I was thrown up in the air by the explosion from a tank cannon, landed on my head, that my neck, left shoulder-and arm were affected " I don't remember how long I was at coma, my buddies said that I was out for more than 2 weeks and that the doctor didn't thought that I would live, but any way I woke up, thou I didn't know where I was. But when I woke up I felt sudden pain that the doctors rushed to get pain relievers and also Valium 10 mg, but the pain med. I didn't know what was, when I recovered after 1 month later but was recommended to take vicoprofen 7.5-200 IBU when the pain became very severe because I had injured my neck and spinal areas left shoulder, and also have permanent brain injury and to take valium for the rest of my life; I was Honorably Discharged and opt to get on a training collage I still take Valium 10 mg, 3 times daily to prevent seizures but in the past year the pharmacies could no longer get supply of vicoprofen instead I got Hydrocodone the Generic for the brand name,' don't like it but I take it anyway, it's better than nothing BUT I had to sign a pain contract that it must not be broken, I answered " say what? I am an injured veteran!" she said than go to the VA, I went and they came with the same rules, I told them just a year ago I didn't have to do this, they say; IT'S OBAMA'S RULES, he changes things for the worst I said OK I"ll follow the rules, what choice do I have] THIS IS MY TRUE LIFE EVENT AND STILL GOING AT 71 HOOORAY FOR THE U.S MARINE CORPS]. Never over dose!
December 29, 2016
Guadalupe A. M. from Granger, WA signed.
December 29, 2016
Luisa H. from Roanoke, VA signed.
December 29, 2016
john s. from Glendale, CA writes:
this is intentional torture and its illegal. further its illegal for the DEA to tell anyone how to treat a patient when they are in fact not doctors. my dr had me get x-rays and the xrays came back negative except a arthritis spur under my shoulder. the first clue was that the dr who read the xrays said i had no surgeries. i have plates and screws in my wrist funny they did not xray this, but have a femor shaft the entire left leg. 3 8 mm screws in my left hip and he noted the steal shaft in the description. but stated above no surgeries. now stated i had no hip displacement. i have a large very visible hip displacement another lie. i was told by an old doctor i need steel rods in my spine for a displaced disk. also very visible by me and my friends let alone a dr. again test was negative. they refused xrays on other parts of my body where i had surgeries and fibula and tibula fractures in both legs steel in left wrist my badly broken ancle. this accident was 20 years ago. i have muscle nots also my military neck is a result where the dr said i had no neck ingury. i had gone to get my results of the xray and i was given a blank disk the first time. (go figure huh) then i looked at them and see all there lies about it all. i confront my dr and said we need to discus this problem with the lies here. and he removed me from his office said in a lette that day he will no longer treat me at the pain clinic for no reasons. i said did you review them xrays he refused to answer. at the local hospital i had gone to they asked me to sing a contract to never go to the hospital and get pain medications as i am there for a broken bone. i said no and its illegal to ask me to sign. under federal law 42usc1395dd emtala not giving me pain medication that day was an act of torture and friends thats criminal acts. and punishable by jail. so these dr have an illegal website they cross check us for being on a list of drug addicts. or why would the hospital ask me out of the blue sky to sign the contract. further i left one dr because one month they gave me medication the next i seen a new substitute dr and she said no medications for you. i said why the other dr seen me and said yes. i asked to speak to a supervisor and she had to agree with her dr and not punish her for refusing me medication. so this is when it started this day. i had gone to a different dr and my primary care dr. and in the office i was stripped down first visit exam the assistent came in told me to get dressed and leave i was not welcome there the dr was not taking new patients. now under law u can only have 2 drs a year and i had to go to the hospital to keep getting my high blood pressure meds. this is immoral not to metion criminal and the DEA and the drs need criminal charges put on them. the DEA are not doctors and this website they share is illegal. for no reason other then some mad ***** dr one day wanted to have a bad day. put me on a list that i cant get off and has cause me endless torture ever since.
December 30, 2016
Someone from Colfax, LA writes:
In 2004, while on my lunch break, I was sitting at a red light when a young girl rear-ended my vehicle. Her car actually went up under my vehicle. The impact caused my head to hit the ceiling of my vehicle. I sustained TBI resulting in PanHypoPituitarism, damage to my Thalamus and Hypothalamus and spinal cord nerve damage. Pain Management doctors will not touch me since the “new laws” as they put it went into effect. Doctors blame the CDC, AMA, FDA and DEA. Of course, doctors accept none of the blame for neglecting patients in enormous pain. I suffer so badly every day and cannot function. I miss being healthy and would give anything to not have to see another doctor ever. In 2005, after throwing up blood for several months, I threw up so much that I was admitted to the ICU. A surgeon came in one morning and told my husband and me that he would and could operate on my bleeding duodenal ulcer. By afternoon, he came back and basically said that he would not touch me. The doctors managed my duodenal ulcer with medications and after 10 days I was transferred to Telemetry. I was there for a few hours when a doctor came in to my room and told me that I could go home the next day. I was elated. Within hours, I passed out and had to be revived. I threw up bright red blood all over the gentleman who saved my life and for that I am sorry. They rushed me to surgery and cauterized the ulcer. A few more days in ICU and I was able to go home. To get to my point, I am so sick of doctors blaming any and every government agency. Doctors should treat their patients properly and if they have to explain themselves to anyone they should use the medical records, test results, etc. to substantiate their medical decision(s). They should not leave us in agony with no place to turn!
December 30, 2016
John S. from Houston, TX writes:
This is for the patient and doctor to figure out what and how much works best. Not the government. Stop harassing me, my doctor, and my pharmacy.
December 30, 2016
ELIZABETH S. from Indianapolis, IN signed.
December 30, 2016
Joseph F. from Crown Point, IN signed.
December 30, 2016
Kenneth C. from Lander, WY signed.
December 30, 2016
Kenneth C. from Lander, WY signed.
December 31, 2016
Deanna S. from Noblesville, IN writes:
I worked in Dr Offices & hospitals for almost 20 years, sadly, I was taught how to Spot "drug seekers". I was guilty of judging "those" people myself. It must be why I've been ashamed to talk about my pain now. There are legitimate reasons People should be treated with dignity & respect and not treated as "addict" Passed from 1 Dr to another, everyone jaded and afraid of attracting attention from the politicians, or state agencies for writing prescriptions for opiates. Honestly, where is the humanity? How can we let morale values About "same sex" marriages, & who is permitted to use the correct bathroom And infringing upon the rights of Gays, Transgenders, now the legal use of marijuana, but let's take what quality of life that left from someone dealing with chronic pain, someone who worked for 50 years and should be able to enjoy What's left of life, but instead they worry about being "classified" a drug seeker Let's take away the few hours they may get relief from a pill, let's watch them Withdrawal from friends & family to hide the pain they feel. Let's pay taxes for For more alcoholic celebrations for politicians who think they know how to Practice medicine and diagnose a way of life for someone who wakes every morning with pain and the only relief is being taken away, that's why the The suicidal percentages are raising. I bet everyone on the "bandwagon" Has a loved one who deals with pain, or what happens when through no Fault of their own, have horrific pain and can't find a "pain Dr" To treat them. I think we should do"clinical's" on people who deal daily with pain and the future is bleaker now because a bureaucracy is deciding their fate.
December 31, 2016
Someone from Lombard, IL signed.
January 1, 2017
Someone writes:
Pain teething
January 1, 2017
Mary S. from Dalhart, TX signed.
Someone from Salt Lake City, UT writes:
Doctors far too often refuse to even communicate with these sufferers and label them as a LTDU ( Long Term Drug User) This is unfair, harmful medicine, and and causes llife long damage, both physically and mentally. It has effects on family, friends, co-workers and often causes the sufferer to withdraw from society. Through no fault of the patient, they withdraw from daily activities with their spouses, family and friends.
Meli A. from Pensacola, FL writes:
I do not ever take narcotics or any perscrbed habit forming drug. I do however have arthritis in my joints and I have constant pain from this. 5 yrs ago I started seeing a doctor in my network and he gave me a shot called 3 in 1...it is Vit B12 and two low doses of different steriods. The shot lasts 4 months and keeps me pain free. Now I have moved to another state and I can't find any primary care doctors who give shots of anykind in their offices. They want to refer me to a pain mgmt doctor. Now my primary care wont even give me adult vaccine for Shingles or pnuemonia ? They wrote me perscriptions for Vit B12 and want me to drive the vial back to their office to be injected....bizzare to say the least--I tried to go to 3 pharmacies to get the vaccines but none of them could get their computers to accept my insurance so I called the insurance and both told me I am covered. So now I do not know what to do except drive back to my old residence and see the doctor I was going to there for these shots.....I feel very discouraged. I have BCBS of Illinois thru ATT retirement and CVS caremark for perscriptions....Anyone else have this issue please let me know