December 11, 2016
Tim W. from Columbia, KY signed.
Someone from Columbus, OH writes:
I have suffered with fibro and ms, and cps. i have never dropped dirty and pill counts was always on point. Moved from Columbus OH to San Diego for a while and then mobed back. Ever since ive been back i am unable to get back into my doctor or any other doctor. Im disabled do to the CPS and fibro, ms. It has been 9 month since. I do understand that are people that is out there not doing right and being what they say which then makes it very hard the the right pt. I think thats where it needs to be look over some how can be fixed.
December 12, 2016
Someone from Chapin, SC writes:
Went to Pain Management Doctor on referral of Primary Doctor. Was give some meds but not enough to stop the pain but enough to ease the back , hip and knee pain to get through the day, but here comes night and trying to sleep. Well the break through pain had me taking an extra pill to see if sleep would come. Which did not, so I was running on 2 to 3 hours sleep every day for about 10 years, I was working full time all this time. Then the injections began. The most relief was for about 8 months with my meds. I ask for a small increase in the meds which did not happen. Now I have friends with same symptoms who receive 3 times the amount of medication I was receiving, their Doctor was not getting any letters or threats from the Gov. and they were living a well rounded and full life. WHAT GIVES? Why can some PMD's write for dosages to cover all day and night and others only write for 2 to 4 pills for 24 hours or the Big Gov. will revoke their licenses. So, my husband suggested we try another PMD, he cut the meds even more, and since I had just received an injection and my meds, I received a stike on my first visit. I had turned in my prescription from my first PMD since he gave it to me at time of injection and they said it would be couple of weeks before pick up which I understood. Then when new PMD wrote a prescription I dropped it off at a pharmacy a co-work recommend because of lower cost,so guess what , now I am pharmacy shopping. The pharmacist called the doctors and even referred my primary doctor as a PMD , so now I am doctor shopping. I have always gotten my scripts and turned them in on my way home and waited until time was due to pick up. My old pharmacy would always text or call saying time to pick up. just so happens the day I tried the new pharmacy, my old pharmacy call and said it was time to pick up. The new pharmacy saw where I had just picked up the old prescription and reported me to all three of the doctors. The one I was leaving , the new one I went to see for consult and my primary doctor which has never written a narcotic for me. So Mr. pharmacist did not ask questions of how this happened he just decided I was a shopper. now I can not receive any opiates for pain, but I can get INJECTIONS. Next one coming up would be number 12 I believe.The extra prescription was given because I was hit in a car wreck totaling my car and my prescription was not found per the dealership I called and ask them to look for them. Yet the best thing of all was when I went in I was looking at my chart and someone had penciled in "Boy is she a good actress". Could that be slander?
December 12, 2016
Someone from Winnsboro, SC writes:
I AM FELT HOPELESS, HELPLESS AS I AM NOT GOING TO BE SENT TO A PM CENTER THAT I KNOW HAS THEIR OWN WAY OF DOING THINGS, AND DON'T KNOW NOR CARE WHAT I GO THROUGH EVERY DAY
December 12, 2016
Cynthia K. from Hummelstown, PA writes:
Everything in this article is true and the worst thing for me is that I worked SNF as a med/wound care nurse for 25 years and as a CNA prior to that since I was 16 year's old.This is what caused my pain doing a job I loved.
December 12, 2016
Cynthia K. from Hummelstown, PA writes:
December 12, 2016
Becki H. from Platte City, MO writes:
I know I was doing just fine on oxycodone for 14yrs. My Dr was retiring, so I had to get a new one. On my 1st visit, I was given the standard pee cup and after which I was given a pain contract to sign, which was no problem. The next month I go to my appt, but my Dr had her baby and my scripts were at the front desk for me. I wondered if they needed a urine test, they said not this month. The next month I go to my appt and when I get there, I'm told sorry, but we can't treat you anymore. Iasked why not? They told me that I didn't have any oxycodone in my system, but I tested positive for meth. I told them that was impossible and I wanted them to retest the 1st test. They didn't have it,because they didn't have room to store all of them. I tried to explain that to test for Oxycodone or Oxycontin, they're actually the same thing, they had to run a special test because it doesn't show up in a regular opiates test. They wouldn't listen at all. Luckily my regular Dr was still coming in 1 day a week. I made an appt, we've always had a good relationship, so when I explained my dilemma, he immediately sent her an email stating that I was correct in the fact she had to request a special Oxycontin level. I was in the process of having the RFNA, now that it's been completed, I hurt more than I ever have, plus I have also fallen several times. That never happened before, and my pain pills have been cut so low they don't even really help,,but I do know one thing. If we all got together and filed a class action lawsuit against the CDC, FDA, and whoever else is behind this, I'll bet it would settle out of court and we'd get our pain meds back. I know something needs to be done because I can't live in this kind of pain and I WILL NOT LET THEM DO ANY MORE INVASIVE PROCEDURES, NOR WILL I BE. FORCED INTO A NURSING HOME BECAUSE THE BIG WIGS WANT TO PLAY GOD!!!!! IT'S UNCONSTITUTIONAL, AND THEY'LL ONLY GET AWAY WITH IT AS LONG AS WE ALLOW IT. STAND UP FOR YOUR RIGHTS! !!!!
December 13, 2016
Nancy T. from Yukon, OK writes:
If you know what the word arachnoiditis means, then you've either been touched by it or you're very close to someone who has. Has nothing to do with spiders but it has something to do with the failure of back surgeries multiple epidural steroid injections CT myelograms and anything invasive into the spinal canal. I myself have had over 30 ESI to control pain, to no avail. So then I had 4 back surgeries. All of them they called failed after a brief period of being helpful. So then they started with the CT myelograms which is putting dye in your veins and then doing a CT. When was consistent pain continuing my doctor suggested I have an internal stimulator put in for pain it's kind of like a TENS unit implanted. I have this and it takes away maybe 7 to 10% of pain but nowhere near what they promised which was I would be off of pain medication because it was so great. Every 4 or 5 years I have to replace the battery so that means another surgery. This will never be over for me I live with pain and nerve damage from the transvaginal mesh that was placed inside of me and then taken out and has created the nerves in my abdominal and front thighs to burn all the time. I've been in physical therapy, I've tried every single thing my doctors have asked up to the point where my neurosurgeon finally told me right before he retired. " Nancy I want you to look up this word arachnoiditis. Please don't panic it's going to sound terrible and like you would want to give up but don't. We can help you with medications and you will have to be on them for the rest of your life." When I asked him how I got this he simply said, " we as a medical profession gave this to you. It wasn't our intent when are knowledge started to exist that this could happened to many others Dr's continued to do these procedures without letting the patient to know what the results could be. Even a woman having an epidural for childbirth can get arachnoiditis. I am sorry now that I'm retiring I'm going to hand you off to a doctor that will help you." At this point I had no idea what I was about to read but I sit in my room and cried for 4 hours inmate records he had known this for about 3 years and never told me never gave me a chance to understand what my life would be looking like in the future. He knew all about arachnoiditis he understood it well. But the doctor that he sent me to is fresh out of school. And in his words will learn about it together. That's hardly good care. I do my research I send articles to my Dr I do more teaching than he does. I'm happy that he hasn't tried to cut me off of all medication but the medications I've been on have been for over 10 years and they need to be changed. And he is too afraid to catch the eye of the CDC and the DEA that he won't change it to something I need but if he doesn't want to get looked upon, he says. The threatening atmosphere that the CDC is laid upon our physicians have tied their hands to do their job individually with each patient. I didn't ask for this disease I trusted the doctors that cared for me to do what was right for me and if there were going to be side effects I deserved to be able to make that decision for myself. I was not given that opportunity. I'm asking to be treated as an individual patient I've never done drugs street drugs I wouldn't know heroin if you showed it to me. But I know people who have stopped there medications because of doctors weining them off or directly stopping it, that turned to street drugs and have now died Andover Park love you calculations. But you don't know why. And I'm here to tell you as a pain patient never in my wildest dreams did I think I would do the same but to be honest if someone yanked me off of everything when I'm barely functioning now I can't say what I would do. And then I would just be your statistic as well. And you would never know again. Please do not treat legitimate pain patients as if they are drug addicts. I am writing this as I'm laying in bed, because I'm having a bad day. And even with medications all the creams and sprays and homeopathic oils. Anything anybody will tell me helps, I try. The with the threat of having my medications taken away or not increased when they need to be it's so hard to live like this I've never really sat down and wrote a letter and ask someone to help me I've always been very independent I have a masters in social work I can't even use. Please please look at me as an individual I'm not on the streets. I don't shoot drugs in my eye. I don't sell my drugs to others. I have arachnoiditis and I'm in pain. Thank you, Nancy Tripp Oklahoma
December 13, 2016
Someone from Henderson, NV writes:
I just returned from my second visit with my new PCP. I could not see him for over 3 months and have been out of pain meds for over a month. Lortab 5mg/325. I am in my 70s and have chronic pain. He referred me to "pain management" who will contact me in a few weeks to set up an appointment. In the mean time, he would not even refill my Lortab Rx. Guess I will just hurt!
December 13, 2016
Someone from Toney, AL signed.
December 13, 2016
BRIAN K. from East Sandwich, MA signed.
December 13, 2016
Ryan O. from Hawley, PA writes:
Thus far two of my pain doctors have been shut down by the DEA! So now I have to endure extreme pain on top of withdrawal! Cause of the government I miss out on work, playing with my daughter, and countless activities that allow me to live a happy productive life! Something needs to be done about this injustice to myself and all others who have delt with similar situations! I think a doctor knows what is best for his patients not the government!
December 14, 2016
Andrew M. from Big Rapids, MI writes:
These heartless pigs have no right to do this to people! I have been taking Morphine for almost 17 years responsibly! Yet, I have been treated as if I am a Heroin addict! It all started in 1999. I was a talented carpenter with a promising future and while working, I fell from a ladder and seriously injured my neck and back, as well as, tore muscles from the bone and a tendon ripped in half. Since then, I have had to have an experimental back surgery at the University of Michigan in 2002 and I also had Neck surgery in 2007. I have also developed degenerative disk disease throughout my spine. I cannot even hold my head up at night, because, my neckhurts so bad! Even with high doses of pain medicine, I am still in some pain; however, without the Morphine, I am doomed! Since being injured, I have endured much discrimination! Over and over! Now my doctor has cut my Morphine by 90 mg per day in half without any regard for my health; which is what they claim to be trying to help! It is so outrageous that the CDC thinks that they can get away with this! Lets fight! I am a citizen too! I guarantee if it was one of those government goons living with chronic pain, they would get their medicine without any hassle what so ever! Besides, what the hell have we been enduring all the discrimination with the probation style persecution called a pain contract for ? It's bad enough that I am treated like a second class citizen and if that were not true, then all of society would be taking random drug tests! Enough already! Lets join force and let our government know that we are not going to take this! Sincerely, Andrew Morren
December 14, 2016
Someone from Roseville, CA writes:
Well, I signed, had all I know sign. After 6+ years with same Dr., I was sent to a Driving. that only prescribes medication. After being on same medication for years this pill Driving factory just stopped me cold turkey, per receptionist I won't have withdrawal after only 2 months, I told reception that it's been years. They sent me away to go through withdrawals alone. Being afraid to go through this without a Driving I went back to the Dr. who's been treating me since 05 or 08, he literally laughed at me. Stated he won't help due to "tired of being watched" I assume he's speaking of "big brother" So I go through withdrawals alone- I'm afraid of the seizures, more afraid I have no medical professional to help and guide me through this, which reading and per 2 pharmacists, due to length of time I've taken this Med which is a schedule 3 not 2. I'm alone. Again. I'm a guinea pig, again. The original Driving. is interested in only money, he overcharges, he has no nurse no after hour emergency help, no one on call. He refuses to give a refill at any time, he's going on vacation and is telling everyone to make your prescription last until I return, that's not ok. I myself won't be in town when he returns. Another Med to cold turkey- this one is dangerous to stop so is first. I've never been through withdrawals so I wouldn't know a comparison. Lastly, the original Driving. Is the cause of my back injury, I was seeing him for neck injury failed surgeries etc. I never sought an attorney, I thought Dr.'s were true to their oath. I was sadly mistaken. I WISH this petition had done something. Fear pain and panic make desperate people do very stupid things. I'm guessing it's what the DEA CDC and ? Had in mind. Hopefully you can try again? There are too many of us killing them selves to get some type of relief from 24/7 pain- the people making these rules should be those who've suffered from horrible pain for years. Maybe that's the answer? There's got to be something we can do? I'm all ears. Thank you - wish me luck, I'm truly afraid, and no one to help, pardon- refusal to help.
December 14, 2016
Someone from Roseville, CA writes:
Well, I signed, petition had all I know sign. After 6+ years with same Dr., I was sent to a Dr . that only prescribes medication. After being on same medication for years this pill doctor factory just stopped me cold turkey, per receptionist I won't have withdrawal after only 2 months, I told reception that it's been years. They sent me away to go through withdrawals alone. Being afraid to go through this without a Dr I went back to the Dr. who's been treating me since 05 or 08, he literally laughed at me. Stated he won't help due to "tired of being watched" I assume he's speaking of "big brother" So I go through withdrawals alone- I'm afraid of the seizures, more afraid I have no medical professional to help and guide me through this, which reading and per 2 pharmacists, due to length of time I've taken this Med which is a schedule 3 not 2. I'm alone. Again. I'm a guinea pig, again. The original doctor. is interested in only money, he overcharges me due to a cash acct only for medical, others paying cash 95.00, me 200-300 - ya just a tad of overcharging he has no nurse no after hour emergency help, no one on call. He refuses to give a refill at any time, he's going on vacation and is telling everyone to make your prescription last until I return, that's not ok. I myself won't be in town when he returns. I receive a medication from him still, and he sent me to a pill house, so I go to 2 Dr's a month not to mention va Dr's for disabled veteran (spouse)Another Med to cold turkey- this one is dangerous to stop so is first. I've never been through withdrawals so I wouldn't know a comparison. Lastly, the original Driving. Is the cause of my back injury, I was seeing him for neck injury failed surgeries etc. I never sought an attorney, I thought Dr.'s were true to their oath. I was sadly mistaken. I WISH this petition had done something. Fear pain and panic make desperate people do very stupid things. I'm guessing it's what the DEA CDC and ? Had in mind. " Hopefully you can try again? There are too many of us killing them selves to get some type of relief from 24/7 pain- the people making these rules should be those who've suffered from horrible pain for years. Maybe that's the answer? There's got to be something we can do? I'm all ears. Thank you - wish me luck, I'm truly a d, and no one to help, pardon- refusal to help. Oh and worse than withdrawals is the pain- they took away the only thing that has prevented me from just ending it, no one can live like this, and it's NOT living- it's going through the motions for as long as you can with one thing on your mind all day every day, how bad my pain is.
December 14, 2016
Someone from Goose Creek, SC writes:
I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and Lupus and have no quality of life. Suicide is constantly on my mind. I can't do things with my 6 year old son or my husband. I feel like I'm a prisoner in my own body, and just a shell of the vibrant, happy, energetic woman I once was. Without being prescribed pain medication to make my life bearable, I feel like I'm just a drain on my husband and a waste of space. I just want some pain relief. I'd do anything to feel pain free.
December 14, 2016
Shelley S. from Valley City, ND writes:
I have been on pain meds for over seven years and dr one day came into office visit and just said out of blue she is taking a lot of her patients off pain medications and had no rhyme or reason and would not listen or me and took me off me off my oxy and phent. pain patch within one month and I went to another pain clinic and prior clinic that took me off pain meds. had me black listed already as I was pain clinic shopping which was not the case and the state in which I live we have like only three=four main clinics that are pain clinics and I called the other pain clinics and they said they are full and not taking new patients when I said my name..basically..clinic I got my pain meds at for 7 years that just dropped me for no reason black listed unfairly in the whole state of ND..Please help me if you can..
December 14, 2016
Jim S. from Tulsa, OK writes:
I hurt my back while working for the TSA immediately following 9-11. We had no machinery to screen luggage, and had to hand lift it 10 hours per day six days per week. I am now 59 and disabled. I TOOK my medication as maintenance medication to have some quality of life. I have been pushed into the one size fits all mentality that was only meant to punish not help those vulnerable with serious injury. I have been in pain management many years just to have a quality of life. Now Dr's are refusing to administer out of fear of the DEA. I can only wish the same pain and suffering on those that have enacted and enforce these truly punishing laws. I too have given up and have quit taking my blood pressure medicine. I would rather have no life than no quality of life. If i had the choice again, I would not have given up my physical health for the US Govt.
December 14, 2016
kenneth f. from sherman oaks, CA signed.
Someone from Dallas, GA writes:
I am disabled & in constant pain. My life is my bed. Without the medication id be unable to continue in this world. My doctor is afraid his ability to help will be taken away. So am i. Ive worked hard & honestly my whole life. I dont drink alcohol or take illigal drugs yet am treated like a junkie on the street by our dea. How many of us will choose death over constant torture? Punishing patient will never solve the problem of drug addiction. Prohibition of alcohol caused this country more problems than it solved & turned law abiding citizens into criminals. This "prohibition" will turn many of us to death. Ive already lost so much due to my condition. All i have left is a minimal amount of relief so i cn feed myself. Take the medicine away leaves me living no life at all. If i was a beloved pet id be put to sleep rather than continue to suffer. My sympathy and unity will all out there who are as isolated and hopeless as i am.
James R. from Springfield, OR writes:
There are lots of people in actual agonizing pain and the only thing keeping them from ending their pain permanently is pain medicine. Do not take away the right to self medicate!!!
Elizabeth F. from Joliet, IL writes:
Thank you so much for posting your blog. A subject that needs to be exposed!!!!!! I am fortunate, in the sense, I have a doctor who does care for me......so far. I was sent to him from my surgeon. So I had an "IN". I have had 3 Spinal Fusion Surgeries. The first in 1998. The Second in 2000 and the Third in 2008. Each sugery (the 1st 2 did not fuse completely) left me in a worse condition than the primary incident. In 1992 I was in a serious accident. Outside of multiple injuries, some, but not all, included a collapsed lung, 7 broken ribs, smashed clavicle, broken jaw (major facial tissue damage), shattered knee cap and shaving of surrounding bone structure (I have had 2 complete knee replacements)...I broke 3 vertebrae in my lower back (L3, L4 & L5) and my left hip was a jig-saw puzzle. It was a Very LLLoooonnnngggg Recovery. Praise to God, I have few lasting reminders. But my back was never the same. As age has set in, I get little reminders of the accident, in certain parts of my body, that I thought were "Healed". Back pain is a problem. You can't see swelling or bruising, (most swelling is caught up in natural fat layers) (I'm 5'.6" - 135 Lbs. - I used to be 5'.8" prior to the Fusions,,,, I am currently 53 years old).....Unlike most injuries, there is no external physical signs of the of the pain or injury that the person feels within their own body. Nothing you can show the doctor and say "It's right here (Exposing a bruise, heat in the area or swelling of the tissues) that the pain is most intense." Therefore, it is let to the doctor's discretion, if further tests are to be performed. Expensive tests are often denied by sub'standard insurance companies....Including Medicare. Doctors are bullied and threatened not to exam the patients in depth, if there is no OBVIOUS, underlying damage. I do not blame the doctors. Most would love to be able to care for those who come to them. I blame our Government and misappropriation of funds. Let's face it...No Politician should have a greater annual salary than a Firefighter, Police Officer, Teacher or Soldier. Plain and Simple......This subject could have its own blog, so I will leave it at that. Back to the problem.... I spoke of expensive tests.... I have had many X-Rays, MRIs, CatScans, Discograms, and a few others that I have forgotten what they are called. Other than seeing all the metal rods and bolts and cages (by the way...yes they can do MRIs on people with metal parts....These parts are Titanium, not Steel, they are not magnetized...I have gone thru many airport screening devices without so much as a 'chirp'). What they are Unable to see is THE MOTION of a joint or disc, that should Not be Mobile. None of these tests will show the doctor that this piece that should not move and cause pain by interfering with nerves...is indeed MOVING. Also, bolts that may appear stable and secure on any one of these tests, may indeed be moving, loosened. I have been told that an additional surgery may (their word...."MAY"...) decrease my pain. Needless to say, since I did mention...after each surgery, the chronic pain level increased. (I am not even considering the pain after surgery, the normal expectation of pain from trauma to muscles, tendons, ligaments and bones being manipulated and cut to reach the site of surgeries focal point. Nor the pain involved in physical therapy...these do not even enter into the pain equation, of which I am speaking) I am referring to the permanent pain.....cause or causes unknown.....that the body is left with, when it does what it can do to repair that damage. Each time I had a surgery, a year or to after...I was in worse pain than I was prior to that surgery. I have not even touched on the DEPRESSION that all chronic pain carries with it. No...It is NOT all in your mind!!!! It is VERY REAL and can become debilitating over time. Thoughts of "just ending this shit" do come across my mind. Not often...PRAISE GOD...and with the help of Loving Friends and Family and PRAYER...I work through it. But I can see where some people would prefer death to pain. THIS IS A REAL PROBLEM!!!!! And one that cannot be stuck in some pigeon-hole with other psychosomatic illness. If the pain were to magically disappear, that person would not have thoughts of suicide. It is Depression caused Solely from your inability to ever..ever NEVER, being able to escape the PAIN. A friend once said to me, "If someone has not personally experienced this all encumbering pain...they can not imagine the suffering, regardless of their empathy level. Because there is no source of comparison" She is right...Thanks, Patty...love you... THIS BECOMES DOUBLING IN TRUTH WHEN THE PAIN SUFFERER IS RELOCATED TO A "DRUGGIE, A WEAK PERSON WHO JUST LIKES TO GET HIGH TO ESCAPE THEIR MISERABLE LIVES" WHAT?????????? REALLY???????????? What ever happened to "walk a mile in my shoes" This is an issue that must be dealt with. It needs to be studied and researched by Doctors and Scientist, with whom themselves are chronic pain suffers. If the answer is a group or combination of pain medications (pain sensor blockers)...Then So Be IT......But this subject, and those of us who live in its grips....Will remain silent in our suffering until it is exposed as the Real Diagnoses that we all know that it is. It must be accepted by the mainstream in order for insurance companies to pay for treatment and for Doctors to offer care without fear of reprisal. To my fellow "cringing in silencers" May God Bless You All. I Love You and so does JESUS!!!!!!!
Someone from Coos Bay, OR writes:
Went to doctor for why my stomach was in pain. Rather than figure out what is wrong the doctor dumped me. After reading this page I guess I am now in this category.
Someone from Brooksville, FL writes:
I had to leave my state due to family matters, and can't find a doctor in the state I am in now that is willing to treat me and continue me on my pain medicine that I have been on. Because of the "federal government" I can't get this medicine unless I am seen every 30 days. I am disability. I can not afford to travel back and forth for one medicine. I feel like a prisoner and a criminal when I have done nothing illegal. So what is one to do? Stay home or break the law and buy pills off the street? Seems the government isn't giving us too many choices.
blo b. from Massillon, OH writes:
absolute ********, when your life goes from 0-10, with 3-4 pills a day, as needed with 10 diseases ms, & they close them down, I met a lady who said when she kills herself she would make a shirt with the politicians that think they should run everybody's life,& a note .-it will be newsworthy .-I did not know her & if she does that maybe the bigshots will be sued & removed from office .people can od with prescriptions or without.these *******s don't care who lives or their quality of life-32 people from a large closed pain management have already offed themselves -nice huh?
Someone from Freehold, NJ writes:
When will you corrupt politicians even answer this email, this petition2congress that has been circulating for years now, only getting worse with time. WHY ARE YOU PRESIDENT OBAMA, SENATOR MENENDEZ AND SENATOR BOOKER, WHY ARE YOU INTENTIONALLY INFLICTING PAIN AND SUFFERING. ONTO THE CHRONICALLY ILL INTRACTABLE PAIN PATIENTS, THE DISABLED, OUR VETS AND SENIOR CITIZENS WHO EXIST WITH DEBILITATING INCURABLE DISEASES THAT CAUSE SEVERE PAIN, WHY ARE ALL OF YOU TORTURING INNOCENT LAW ABIDING CHRONICALLY ILL CITIZENS , DENYING US OUR LIFESAVING PAIN MEDICATION, THE ONE THERAPY THAT HAS GIVEN HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS, MILLIONS EVEN, OF INTRACTABLE PAIN PTS SOME SEMBLANCE OF A QUALITY OF LIFE,!?!? WATERBOARDINGIS A THING OF THE PAST, WE WOULDN'T WANT TO INFLICT ANY PAIN ONTO TERRORISTS, TO MAKE THEM SUFFER RIGHT, BUT IT'S ACCEPTABLE TO INFLICT TORTURE ONTO LEGITIMATE PAIN PTS, INFLICTING PAIN AND SUFFERING, UNTIL THE PAIN BE OMES OVERBEARING AND WE COMMIT SUICIDE TO ESCAPE THE PAIN. HOW ABOUT ALL YOU CORRUPT POLITICIANS ALLOW PAIN PTS TO BEAT YOUR SPINE WITH A BASEBALL BAT EVERY DAY ALL DAY UNTIL YOU BEG GOD TO TAKE YOU. THAT'S WHAT MY LIFE HAS TURNED INTO, A TORTUROUS HELL!!!! EIGHT YEARS I WAS ON THE SAME STABLE DOSE WITH SUCCESS, NEVER PAINFREE, THE PAIN WAS KEPT AT A TOLERABLE LEVEL TO WHERE I WAS ABLE TO LIVE LIFE, PARTICIPATE IN LIFE, ATTEND FAMILY GATHERINGS,SIT AT MY SONS BASKETBALL GAMES, FOOD SHOP, CLEAN MY HOME, WALK MY DOG.....MY WORLD AS I KNEW IT CAME CRASHING DOWN LAST MARCH WHEN MY DR OF FIVE YEARS DECIDES TO LOWER THE PAIN MEDS THAT ALLOWED ME TO FUNCTION, AND HE TOOK THE MUSCLE RELAXERS AWAY. SINCE THEN HE HAS GIVEN ME SCRIOTS FOR ALL KINDS OF SH*T MEDS THAT DO NOT WORK, GIVE ME HORRIBLE SIDE EFFECTS, AND HE IS PLAYING MEDICATION ROULETTE WITH MY LIFE!! I HAVE ALWAYS FOLLOWED ALL YOUR PATHETIC RULES, YOUR BARBARIC AND INHUMANE RULES, I DID EVERYTHING I WAS TOLD TO DO BY THE MEDICAL COMMUNITY, OVER THE PAST TEN YEARS I HAVE HAD TWO FAILED SPINAL FUSIONS THAT LEFT ME WITH SEVERE NERVE DAMAGE,DISCECTOMIES, MANY EPIDURALS THAT GAVE ME AA, STERIODS, YEARS OF PHYSICAL THERAPY, MASSAGE, CHIRO, ACCUPUNCTURE, WATER THERAPY, BACK BRACES, NERVES BURNED, ALL KINDS OF BS MEDICATIONS THAT DID NOTHING FOR THE SEVERE DEBILITATING PAIN I EXIST IN, HEAT, ICE, EXERCISE, HERBAL REMEDIES, YOU NAME IT , I DID IT, OVER THE PAST ALMOST FIVE YEARS I HAVE HAD WELL OVER 200 VERY PAINFUL, USELESS FACET INJECTIONS, TRIGGER POINT INJECTIONS AND SI JOINT INJECTIONS THAT DO NOT WORK, INTENSIFY MY PAIN , BUT IN ORDER TO GET THE LOW DOSE PAIN MEDS I HAVE TO HAVE THEM DONE. WHAT A DAM SCAM!! I LOOK FORWARD TO THE SCIENTISTS COMING FORWARD TO EXPOSE THE CORRUPTION IN THE CDC, DEA, FDA, PROP AMD THE GOVERNMENT, JUST LIKE THEY CAME FORWARD TO EXPOSE THE CORRUPTION PERTAINING TO THE ZIKA VIRUS, VACCINES, AND THE WATER IN FLINT, MI. ALL OF YOU WILL BE EXPOSED FOR THE FICTIOUS OPIOD EPIDEMIC THAT ALL OF YOU CORRUPT POLITICIANS AND YOUR SIDEKICKS THE DEA, CDC, FDA AND PROP CREATED TO FIT YOUR AGENDA,THE INTENTIONAL INFLICTION OF SEVERE PAIN IE TORTURE YOU ARE DOING TO THE PAIN COMMUNITY. I WAS WATCHING YOUR SPEECH TODAY MR. OBAMA WHEN SOMEONE BECAME ILL, AND HOW QUICKLY YOU GOT THE HOUSE DR TO BE CALLED IN, AMAZING HOW YOU HAVE YOUR PRIVATE DRS, ALL YOU POLITICIANS, NONE OF YOU ARE PUT THRU A TORTUROUS HELL ARE YOU!?!? SO THIS WAS YOUR FINAL EXIT PLAN, TO KILL OFF AS MANY CHRONICALLY ILL CITIZENS BY DENYING US HE MEDICATIONS WE REQUIRE FOR A QUALITY OF LIFE!!! YOU MAKE ME SICK!!!!
2 months ago
Someone from Busy, KY signed.
Someone from Oklahoma City, OK writes:
I have severe chronic pain from Cervical Spondolysis which my doc said many years ago another surgery ( had 2 already on cervical) would either make my pain worse or not do anything at all. Now the DEA steps in after I finally get relief & are living a semi-normal life. Still a lot of things I can't do, but he has to reduce the pain medicine in half! I start it tomorrow & what is the point? Get another surgery anyway? Be in pain all day, again, and just want to sleep & lay down all the time? Why is the DEA treating us all like addicts & not letting the docs do their job? That's what we pay them for, and also I'm sure we must if elected these 'people'? that work for the DEA. I hope they all get a chronic pain & cant do anything about it. But probably being in the DEA, they can get what they need!
Someone from Versailles, KY writes:
Medical care and treatment of pain is a human right. Patients and American citizens are much safer when these decisions are made between the physician and the patient, not under oppressive government regulations. This is often the difference between feeling like you have a longer life or just a longer death. Legitimate patients and doctors should not be punished because of the actions of those seeking something to get high with.
Mary M. from Camden, AR writes:
Suicide should not be the answer but is what it has become!!!
Someone from Thomaston, CT writes:
There are millions of people out there who have been cut from the only meds able to assist them to get them out of bed , allowing them the freedoms to at least walk. Drug abusers have reduced these people the medicines they need to be able to function. It's not fair that our soldiers that have had legs blasted off and others who have debilitating diseases aren't able to get continuous pain care. The doctors are now pushing pain block needles that are causing people more pain and suffering because the doctors aren't performing the procedures correctly, or forcing more patients through the door to get more of them done in a day, rushing the procedures, making mistakes that people suffer from. I feel patients have the right to use the meds instead of having dangerous procedures done. Doctors shouldn't be allowed to force the patients to have procedures done or be blackmailed by addictive opioids. There are several doctors who do this so they make money on both sides of the rainbow. This isn't fair because it costs us all more cash, especially when half of the pain patients are on state and we pay for the meds and treatments, not the patients or the doctors. I would rather see the meds out there, but the patients get better screening to show they truly need the drugs, and law enforcement do a better job to eliminate patients from selling their drugs..
2 months ago
Sherry H. from Kenner, LA signed.
Patti M. from Oklahoma City, OK writes:
I was told by my doctor several years ago that since I had already had 2 cervical surgeries for my osteoarthritis, that a 3rd surgery would either not work or make me worse & I would have to be on pain pills for the rest of my life. Now they are so scared of the DEA starting today my pain med has been cut in half! So now what? Have another surgery since he has gone back on his word. I had finally gotten to where I was having a semi-normal life as long as I knew what I still could not do! Today I am back in bed crying, have taken extra strength Tylenol with no relief. Why would a doc tell you not to have another surgery, your neck was just all messed up, get you to where you can almost have a normal life, then stop it??? It makes no sense whatsoever!!!
Sheri P. from Gypsum, CO writes:
It is unfortunate that we have to hide our pain and suffering which causes depression. The judgemental looks when you even say you take pain meds is sad. To bad the government doesn't treat alcohol the same way i may not of had to bury so many loved ones over drunk drivers.
Jennifer T. from Toluca Lake, CA writes:
I have degenerative disc disease up and down my spine and neck with 3 bulging discs in my neck and cracks. My neck is pointing the wrong way I have scoliosis and fibromyalgia as far as pain. I am on disability because of this. I can hardly move without my pain medication. I don't abuse it or sell it. I take it because I have major chronic pain! Now I'm noticing every pain doctor in town has stopped prescribing pain medication because of the new DEA pressure on them and of course the pharmacies are really scared of the DEA. If this happens I don't know how I'm going to live and I can tell you right now that there are going to be a lot of suicides. We did not do this to ourselves. I do notice that the laws get more and more strict with each celebrity drug overdose. I don't even know if they really overdosed on drugs or the DEA is using this to push stronger laws. If I had cancer you would treat me for the cancer with medication and hopefully pain medication as well. If I had diabetes he would not takeaway the medication that saves my life. My pain problems ran inmy family my entire life and now it's my turn suppose. One last thing. I fractured my ankle in 3 places and the bone stuck out so I had to get immediate surgery. The doctor gave me 4 pills when I left the hospital and they were the smallest amount you can get. After him hearing me scream and plead with the hospital too numb my leg so I couldn't feel it he would do nothing! I'm not sure who is at fault for all of this but I do know that the DEA and the FDA has the authority to stop the drug war that we have lost horribly! Because of all this I found out about kratom and how it has pain killing properties but you don't get high and it actually, if you happen to be an addict which I am not, it actually cures addiction 2 opiates. I heard that this may not go through but I have a feeling that the DEA is going to find a way and I just have to ask why and how cruel can they be? My life is wrecked as it is with the pain and hardly getting any pain medication from doctors so there's one solution left and they want to ban it? And they are taking away pain medication to try to save lives so people don't overdose? The suicide rate is going to go through the roof and me being in the pain community and talking to people I know that it's going to be a lot more deaths than from overdose. Please help pain patients live life of dignity and respect! We are only the way that God made us. I didn't make myself this way! Health nut my entire life until my back issues started showing up and I started complaining about pain like my mother used to always do in the same exact way. I never blamed her or called her a drug addict! Help us! And this is not a warning from me it's only a prediction. These people that have even told me they're going to end of their life if this happens, their families and, there will be so many they can't count, and friends are going to come straight after the FDA and the DEA and I don't see it being very pretty. There are a lot more of them than there are of the men and maybe two women of these two "wonderful" government agencies. That's all I have to say for now but don't say I didn't tell you in advance what's going to happen after you do this to us.
Gerri W. from Durham, NC writes:
Doctors have done more than what was detailed in this artical. Now they are down playing serious long term permanent injuries by telling the patient that They will heal not giving the patient the truth about their injuries. This causes the patient to loos work if they are unable to work due to the serious long term pain and injuries, it cause them to be denied because the doctors notes reflects healing when in fact healing is not going to happen because the injury is permanent leaving the patient with bills they can't pay because they can't work. Also leaving that patient without medical benefits for medications the same doctors who down play the permanent injuries prescribe. The patient suffers not only physically but financially as well eventually losing everything because doctors won't tell the truth .
Gerri W. from Durham, NC writes:
Someone from Tucson, AZ writes:
I want to sighn the petition where do I go to. Get there?
Geeri W. from Durham, NC writes:
There's more than what's in this artical on doctors not telling the truth or not treating the patient. Doctors who do not tell the truth ends up harming the patient,mentally ,physically and financially. When I applied for disability One of my surgeons put in his notes that's. healing was to be expected and my neurologist (2 of them that the damage is per intent and serious that I could loose function of my hands, even after surgery. Well the surgeon lied anyway even after his partner who did the first surgery arms told him that the injuries were preeminent on paper where he reviewed and later commented about reviewing them in his notes. These lies he told cost me my benefits after applying for SSDI because the notes didn't not reflect the seriousness or the debilitating facts within his notes. I couldn't pay for medications, medical insurance for health reasons. I couldn't get all the help that I needed, because my benefits was denied. I have life long surgeries to get now and I don't have anyway to pay for them because I can't work to get the money to try and pay for Medician healthcare and other medical outside help that I need because my surgeon lied. I emailed him to ask him why and he responded in a negative outlook and more lies.
Someone from Hampton, VA writes:
Is it any wonder there is a heroin epidemic? I hope more families of people who have overdosed on heroin investigate their doctors for not prescribing medication and sue them. Maybe it will turn the tide.