Someone from Howell, NJ writes:
THIS ABUSE ON LEGITIMATE PAIN PTS NEEDS TO STOP NOW! I just came from my monthly dr appt and oh what a hell of an appt it was. I left there crying uncontrollably ready to wrap my car around a tree, I am a LEGITIMATE INTRACTABLE PAIN SUFFERER WITH TEN PLUS YEARS OF MEDICAL RECORDS DOCUMENTING MY DEBILITATING INCURABLE DISEASES, DOCUMENTING THE MANY YEARS OF ALTERNATIVE THERAPIES, EPIDURALS, DISCECTOMIES, MASSAGE, CHIRO, ACCUPUNCTURE, WATER THERAPY, TENS, BACK BRACES, NERVES BURNED, STERIODS, TWO FAILED SPINAL FUSIONS THAT LEFT ME WITH SEVERE NERVE DAMAGE, OTC AND NSAIDS THAT TORE MY STOMACH AND LIVER UP, ALL KINDS IF MEDICATION THAT DID NOT WORK AND GAVE ME HORRIBLE SIDE EFFECTS. EIGHT YEARS ON THE SAME STABLE DOSE THAT GAVE ME QUALITY OF LIFE UNTIL LAST YEAR WHEN MY DR LOWERED IT TO INEFFECTIVE DOSES. TODAY I LITERALLY FELT LIKE I WAS IN A HORRIBLE NIGHTMARE AS MY DR SO SMUGLY TOLD ME HES LOWERING THEM EVEN MORE AND TAKING ME OFF, WTF!?!? I BEGAN TO CRY, I WAS IN SO MUCH F*****G PAIN BY THE TIME HE SEEN ME, AND WHEN HE DROPPED THIS BOMB ON ME I LOST IT. I ASKED HIM WHAT WOULD HE LIKE ME TO DO WHEN HE KNOWS DAM WELL OPIODS KEPT MY PAIN TOLERABLE WHEN ON THE CORRECT DOSES. HIS REPLY WAS FOR ME TO SEE A F*****G PSYCHIATRIST TO DEAL WITH THE PAIN. ARE YOU F*****G KIDDING ME!?!? I ASKED HIM WHY THE **** HE IS GOING TO TAKE MY QUALITY OF LIFE AWAY EVEN FURTHER, I TOLD HIM IF HE DOES THAT HE WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR MY SUICIDE AS THERE IS NO WAY IN F*****G HELL I WILL EXIST ON THIS EARTH WITHOUT ANYTHING FOR THE PAIN, AND TYLNOL WILL NOT CUT IT!! IS THIS YOUR ANSWER TO POPULATION CONTROL, TO KILL OFF THE CHRONICALLY ILL!?!? F***K YOU AND F***K YOUR SURGEON GENERAL TOO. WHO THE HELL DO YOU PEOPLE THINK YOU ARE DENYING INNOCENT KAW ABIDING CHRONICALLY ILL CITIZENS OUR RIGHT TO PAIN MEDICATION!?!? MY DR SAID TO ME , YOU CANT BE ON PAIN MEDS THE REST OF YOUR LIFE, AND I SAID U TIL SOMEONE COMES UP WITH A CURE TO END MY PAIN WHY WOULD YOU DENY ME THE MEDICATION I NEED TO FUNCTION!?!? OUR GOVERNMENT IS A DISGRACE, I HOPE TRUMP KICKS ALL OF YOU PIECE OF SH*T CORRUPT LAWMAKERS TO THE CURB, I HOPE YOU ALL WILL EXPERIENCE CHRONIC INTRACTABLE PAIN, PAIN SO BAD YOU WILL WANT TO KILL YOURSELF, LIKE YOU ARE FORCING THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS TO TURN TO, WE TREAT ANIMALS BETTER,. ALLOWING OUR PETS TO SUFFER WILL WIND YOUR*****IN JAIL ON ANIMAL CRUELTY CHARGES, SO WHY THE F***K IS IT ACCEPTABLE TO ALLOW THE CHRONICALLY ILL TO SUFFER, TO REMAIN BEDRIDDEN UNTIL THE PAIN IS SO BAD WE KILL OURSELVES!?!? YOU ALL ARE A F****G DISGRACE, INCLUDING THAT SURGEON GENERAL WHO IS REINING HELL ONTO THE CHRONIC PAIN COMMUNITY, OUR LIVES MATTER, WHY IS SAVING THE LIVES OF ADDICTS MORE IMPORTANT THAN SAVING THE LIVES OF THE CHRONICALLY ILL!?!? BTW, JUST HOW MANY LIVES HAVE YOU SAVED BY RESTRICTING LIFESAVING PAIN MEDICATION TO THOSE WHOSE LIVES REQUIRE IT FOR A QUALITY OF LIFE!? ZERO!!! OUR LEGALLY PRESCRIBED OPIODS IS NOT THE CAUSE OF YOUR FICTIOUS OPIOD EPIDEMIC, HEROIN AND ILLEGAL FENTANYL IS WHATS KILLING PEOPLE!!! YOU KNOW IT, THE DEA KNOWS IT, AND YET THEY FAIL TO STOP IT FROM COMING INTO THE COUNTRY, WHY IS THAT!?!? YOU CORRUPT PIECES OF SH*T WILL HAVE GOD TO ANSWER TO ONE DAY, AND YOU ALL WILL GO STRAIGHT TO HELL!
Estella B. from Bargersville, IN writes:
I can no t walk right or use my hands
Someone from Arvada, CO writes:
Yes, some people/patients might abuse pain medications, but it is not up to a DEA agent to determine a doctors treatment. Those who need these medications (as determined by their medical provider) should not be punished for the choices of others. The DMV isn't told to limit the drivers licenses they hand out based upon the actions of drunk and/or reckless drivers. While I understand some might believe there is a problem with opioid medications, it's up to a patient and the doctor to determine the proper treatment for pain management.
Anita P. from Thomson, GA writes:
I have systemic Lupus & Firomyalga there's more diseases I have just to many to list! My doctor passed away and now I can't find a doctor that will give me the pain meds I was on,! There's days I can hardly walk even get out of bed but no one wants to help me I guess they are to scared of the DEA! I need a doctor really bad! I was taking Percocets 10mgs Soma and Valiums 10mgs! I need a good doctor I don't know what else to do! I am in Augusta Georgia
Wendy P. from Colorado Springs, CO writes:
Chronic pain can, and does kill. . Why not hold big pharma accountable, and require them to develop abuse-deterrant formulations? Maybe we need a class action lawsuit to get this resolved? Look at how many signatures are here... And I just 'stumbled' across this website out of desperation, looking for solutions to this misguided witch hunt. My chronic under treated pain is becoming more and more unbearable, the longer it goes under treated. I have no quality of life. PS. I am an active, registered voter. I vow to take on this cause until something effective is done!
Someone from Elyria, OH writes:
The DEA is getting all pain management dr.s to stop prescribing. They don't have a clue how this will backfire, already there are suicides, more people using street drugs, and ones who never dreamed that this would be them. Chronic pain is ours to bear, not anyone elses. Nobody should judge , especially when there is a clear cut diagnoses. DEA your causing more damage daily by this.
Someone from Fairhope, AL writes:
People need to be accountable for their own actions - not have what they choose to do legislated or controlled by the DEA controlling doctors. It is an abuse of power and no one has the right to determine whether a patient's pain needs to be treated. Certainly not a division of the government. If people are dying from drug overdoses, they and they alone are responsible for what they put in their mouth. By preventing patients in pain access to medicine to alleviate their pain by scaring doctors enough so they won't prescribe meds for legitimate use, the government and DEA are creating a huge population of illegitimate drug uses who provide tax-free income to drug dealers. And THIS is the best they can do? How absurd and embarrassing. It's easy enough to have a central database to determine if patients are doctor shoppers and/or receiving multiple prescriptions from numerous sources. That should be control enough. Doctors need to have the autonomy and safety to write the prescriptions they believe best serves their patients without worrying about FBI raids, ridiculous fines, or causing harm to patients by refusing to help them manage pain. The government needs to remove themselves from the middle of the Doctor patient relationship and use their time more wisely by targeting criminals.
S T. from Saint Paul, MN signed.
Melinda R. from Hixson, TN writes:
writ your local Congress person to tell my You won't allow the DEA, to interfere with doctor's deciding how to treat their patients!!
Someone from Springfield, OR writes:
I also have documented chronic pain issues and was treated with high doses of narcotics. One day Dr. Kosek, Eugene Or says all I need is Peppermint Oil up my nose after treating me for years with epidural injections and trigger point infections. He stopped medication and I almost died. Luckily the ER doc put me on steroids 80mg. to start and it helped get through the pain and withdrawal, however, I am in pain daily and can barely walk. Spent the day in the ER and they gave me a tiny shot of medicine. The doctors up here were not even able to diagnose my fractured back nor are they treating my ruptured disks and more. What is wrong with the doctors? Not one doctor up here has ever heard of Dercum's Disease either .My plastic surgeon said he went to Harvard. It was after he screwed up that I learned Dr. Movassaghi went to Harvard Dental School. Apparently why learn about chronic pain problems because they are not allowed to treat them. Why get the correct degree? Maybe the DEA should check out the licensing of these doctors. It must be very embarrassing to be a pain doctor in these times. How can they stop treating the same patients they have treated for nearly ten years like my doctor? My new doctor Morris will only prescribe Suboxone "off label" because he has special training to do so. Yea, I was told about the incentives from the drug companies and how they want all doctors prescribing this crap. Don't let your doctor start you on this. There have been thousands of deaths from this drug. It is NOT the answer for chronic pain patients. It is not safe to take long term and should only be prescribed for addiction problems on a short term basis. It also makes no sense to prescribe this expensive drug with there are less expensive options that have been tried and true for decades.
Someone from Springfield, OR writes:
Someone from Medford, OR writes:
I have fibromyalgia , migraine headaches ,diabetes ,thyroid disease , behcetes syndrome just to name a few and again my pain clinic is titrating my pain meds by 30% .I have stayed on the lowest dose of the cheapest pain meds for over 10 years ,never overtaking my monthly prescription or having bad drug test ,never considering selling my drugs for extra cash . I did the right thing and still am being punished for being ill and in chronic pain . So many people in the same situation ,when will the suffering end ?
Someone from Windsor Locks, CT writes:
I have had it being harassed by my doctor because the DEA keeps harassing him and his nurses and partners. I live in Connecticut I have been taking methadone for ten years with no problems it stops my pain enough so I can function and work. My doctor has been telling me how the DEA doesn't want him prescribing narcotics to patients so he keeps trying to put an electronic stimulator implant in me. I have metal in my shoulder and both legs have gone through fifteen surgeries and don't want anything implanted in my body. People have been paralized from these stimulators when the leads are implanted into their spines. So after fifteen years that the medication has helped me and my pain my doctor doesn't want me taking it any longer. In the first place the DEA has no right to go into my medical records the way they do they are breaking the HIPPA Laws. If I am taken off my medications I will sue my doctor and the DEA someone has to stop this harassment of people by the government by uneducated DEA Agents that should be harassing drug dealers NOT DOCTORS.
Rhonda G. from sacramento, CA writes:
Almost identical to my story
November 24, 2016
Someone from Alabaster, AL writes:
I so tired of seeing Doctors punished for listening and writing prescriptions to meet their patients needs.
November 24, 2016
Darlene L. from Buffalo, NY writes:
In 1998 I had a head on collision with a drunk driver that left me with a back injury and nerve damage to my right leg and a concussion leaving me with a seizure disorder. I have been treated by a pain management dr in SC without any problems. I moved to Buffalo NY and have had nothing but problems with getting treated properly for my pain. The DEA decided to target my pain Dr. because he has the largest clinic in the state. The problem is now the DEA has permission from the court to go through every prescription written and the person who wrote it. I thought we had hippa laws protecting us from unqualified individuals looking at patient records. My problem is that since DEA has gotten involved my medication has been changed and lowered seven times in the past four and half times causing me to go through withdrawals several times and causing me to have what is referred to as break through seizures. A breakthrough seizure is a seizure that happens when things like lack of sleep pain or withdrawals from medications causes the medicationfor your seizures not to work as well as it did. So what I'm trying to say is that the DEA is making medical decisions for people who need their pain medication to have a less painful life, a life where not every thought is about how much they hurt and can they tolerate this for the rest of their lives. For me personally I don't know how much longer I can live with the pain and being treated like I. I'm a drug addict and for all the Dr's out there who pigeon whole their patients what happened to your oath (First do no harm)
Ronald H. from Dallas, TX writes:
The only way that I know of legally,to stop this travesty,is to tell Congress,we will not tolerate this abuse anymore.Law enforcement and politics have no place in modern healthcare practices.The medical community keeps itself in check already through pharmacy/medical boads governed by each state.Rescind the controlled substance act,defund the DEA or merge with Border Patrol to fight the real criminals.
November 25, 2016
Elizabeth B. from Saint Paul, MN signed.
November 25, 2016
Audrey W. from Portage, IN signed.
Cheryl S. from Williamsburg, OH writes:
I have 3 bulging discs in my back from caring for/lifting hospice patients for 12 years and I'm only 32 years old- I'll be doing this for quite a while longer and dealing with near-crippling sciatica every step of the way. I've sacrificed my body to care for others; I don't deserve to be negatively labeled and neither does anyone else who suffers from chronic pain. Walk (or limp) a mile in my shoes.
Catherine M. from Hermitage, PA signed.
November 25, 2016
Someone from Auburn, MI signed.
Leota S. from Los Angeles, CA writes:
I don't understand this. We need to be informed of what is going on in medicine. Do no harm. Healers. Bring medicine back to its original purpose. Thank you.
Someone from Warren, MI writes:
Chronic pain sufferers deserve relief. Not only should doctors be able to prescribe pain medication including medical marijuana, they should also be able to prescribe necessary physical therapy. This is a quality of life issue. Stop targeting doctors and patients and start helping them!
November 25, 2016
Someone from Cumming, GA signed.
November 25, 2016
Mark M. from Vancouver, WA signed.
Someone from Tallahassee, FL writes:
Let doctors and patients handle themselves. There are many people who depend on medication to live normal lives and make a living. Without it they have no quality of life. The DEA is not helping anyone this way.
November 25, 2016
Elizabeth E. from Belleville, IL signed.
Judith F. from Seneca, SC writes:
How many suicides before you let our medical practitioners treat our pain?
Denise S. from Rocky Gap, VA writes:
Oh my...can I relate. I have a host of medical problems chronic pain is one symptom I've lived with for YEARS. Over 20 years ago I injured my back and was told by an orthopedic to stay off hard pain medications as long as I could because as I got older this condition would deteriorate and I really would need them then. So I took his advice and took every NSAID and anti inflammatory drug on the market trying to keep working. That did work for over 20 years. Until they blew out my stomach and I was bleeding all the time. It was a gastronologist that finally said it's time to give up the anti inflammatory drugs. I was switched to a low dose pain medication and the amount has not changed in 5 years. I don't abuse it, I don't over use it I use it as it is prescribed. I've not had anymore bleeding episodes and it allows me to function as best I can as this condition gets worse. NOW though this new "war" on drugs, looks like I'm going to go back to bleeding out my butt again because my government want's to play doctor and punish my doctor for treating me. They are worried about long term use? NSAIDS are pretty bad on the old body for long term use. I'm proof!!! But I'll have to go back to them. They are already talking of shots and various other invasive methods in my back. It's not going to cure it...just "might" ease the pain? It can also make it worse? That's like throwing grease on a grease fire. All to avoid prescribing me pain medication...does that even make sense?
November 25, 2016
Nathaniel B. from Nacogdoches, TX signed.
Rebecca T. from Red Oak, TX writes:
Psychiatrists should also be called out for their abuse of anxiolitics, benzodiazipines, and not informing patients of the long term addiction via GABA Receptors. The FDA can approve but it does not mean their drugs should be used.
November 25, 2016
Rachelle R. from Collinsville, IL signed.
Christopher E. from Denver, CO writes:
At the age of 58, I have sciatica that is quickly becoming debilitating (I just got a wheelchair). It's horrifying to think that I may end my days in pain just because legislators care more about being "tough on drug users" than actually having common sense, let alone compassion
November 25, 2016
Jan D. from Cottage Grove, MN signed.
Someone from Sardinia, OH writes:
My 92 year old grandmother who has been on the same low dosage of pain medication for the last 20 years is being made to go to a pain clinic because her doctor will no longer prescribe her pain control meds. She tried to go cold turkey off of them, she felt so ashamed for taking medicine she actually needs. Recognizing again that her pain is real helped with the shame, but not the fear that she will be made to live in that constant pain again.
Kim D. from Boise, ID writes:
My late wife was able to spend the last 10 years of her life working productively and, at the end, living at home until she could die peacefully and surrounded by loved ones, because of the assistance of pain professionals. The team treating her were responsible well-trained physicians who worked hard to make a painful chronic disease bearable. The FDA needs to take a more compassionate approach to both patients and physicians who are willing to help those in pain live lives without daily agony.
Someone from West Lafayette, IN writes:
I need pain meds to get through the day. I have osteo-arthritis in all my joints. I am unable to take NSaids. I am now treated like an addict. I am 69 and am disgusted by the harsh decisions being made by state and federal governments re pain management.
November 25, 2016
Someone from Batesville, AR signed.
Someone from Lexington, KY writes:
I have lived over 30 years with rheumatoid arthritis and now have other chronic diseases such as fibromyalgia and osteoarthritis. I can't take NSAIDs because of the damage they have caused my liver and kidneys. I receive some minor drugs to ease the pain, but the doctors in my state are afraid to prescribe them and the government treats me like an attack. Pain is part of these of these diseases and it won't get better on its own. The course of the illness will not improve unless we can treat all facets of it, including the pain.