November 8, 2016
Teresa W. from Belleville, IL writes:
I had a boogie board accident in 1989. But, except for the pain that I had at the time of the accident, which was in my neck and back, almost unbearable, it went away. Ten years later is was in such horrible pain I fell to the floor. Dr.s kept telling me I was in pain because of depression, well, I was depressed because of the pain. After awhile of being told I was drug seeking and I was not hurting a Dr. did an MRI, my spinal cord was being bent and pinched by vertebrae. Threat of being paralyzed from the bottom of my rib cage down and in a wheelchair. Medical emergency surgery was done. Pain went away for awhile but came back four years later. I also had to have lumbar surgery to fix a collapsed spine. Pain went away for awhile. Well, it's back. After being on hydrocodone since 1999, I'm now being told I will be better off, off this med. I've developed fibromyalgia from these injuries and hurt all over, all of the time. This Dr. is taking me off this med. and I'm being told it's for my own good. No, its for his own good, afraid to get in trouble for prescribing it. I don't want to live any more. I can't clean my house, I can't do laundry, I can't go shopping, I can't enjoy my kids and grandkids anymore. He has taken me down from ten, ten mg.hydrocodone to four a day. That gives me a couple of hours to do the things I have to do, then I'm done. He is going to take me down one tablet a month till I'm off it. My God, what am I going to do. This is not living, this is just being. In pain constantly. And when I go to Dr.s I'm told I'm addicted to this med. and I'm Dr. surfing and drug seeking. When all I'm seeking is some relief from this horribleness, I just want to be able to enjoy the last years I have left. No one was worried about me on this med. for all these years, sixteen years now, now after allowing me to live a good life without hurting constantly, they want to take me off, not for my good, but to cover their butts for prescribing it for all these years. Can't live like this much longer. The heroin addicts keep getting high and I keep being taken off a med. that allows me to walk without pain. What can I do.
November 8, 2016
Cindy M. from New Kensington, PA writes:
What can we do to stop this?
November 8, 2016
Cindy M. from New Kensington, PA signed.
November 8, 2016
Someone from Oneida, TN writes:
It's really sad to what our government is doing to us who actually need the pain meds! I suffer from Neuropathy, Fibromyalgia, Herniated discs in neck and back, arthritis and c. tunnel in right hand. My Dr. is currently treating this , gave me a genetic testing and seen first hand my tolerance is very high and I would have to take more than the normal person, but because i'm " Too young" (45) she will not raise or change the meds, what gives? I know people who get more meds for less than my issues and I just don't understand why those of us who need it and proven, can't?! Weed out those to don't and give us who do the right meds. I've done injections, tens unit and physical therapy no success along with other meds. I'm always in pain and no relief because our Government thinks everyone is a pill addict. Get over your power trip and help us!
November 8, 2016
David Y. from Avon, IN writes:
My mother has been on opioids for a severe back injury for years. Now the Dr. is saying that he wont treat her anymore. DEA needs to stay the hell out of peoples Dr. Offices.
November 8, 2016
Tired O. from Corvallis, OR writes:
I mean that's the government right? let's just go for the easiest solution and hurt the people even if they don't actually cause the problem.... there's only a thousand different ways that you could have attacked this issue that wouldn't have put people that have invested 12 years of their life and education at risk. Great job making Heroin addicts for the next generation. Hmmmm war on drugs?
November 8, 2016
Shane T. from Butte, MT writes:
I am a paraplegic and take hydrocodone 2/325 5 times a day and 15 MG morphine once a day and with me living in a small town my dr died on Sunday who is the only one that would help me with my pain...I don't know what to do now
November 9, 2016
Someone from El Paso, TX signed.
November 9, 2016
Jody T. from Warsaw, IN writes:
Exactly!
November 9, 2016
Someone from Wichita, KS writes:
I say let's line up all the DEA people and put them to the test. Fair is fair. A few years ago I was a new cervical and lumbar post op pain patient. The nurse practitioner there put me through hell, hitting me with a UA 8 times in a row trying to catch me being non-compliant. Come to find out months later that her clinic was being investigated by the DEA for writing too many pain scripts. One of the nurses there that treated me like scum tested positive for meth! I would not wish this pain and this humiliation on anyone. Something has to be done.
November 9, 2016
Someone from Wichita, KS writes:
November 9, 2016
Sandra L. from Phoenix, AZ writes:
Who are they to be telling my doctor what she or he can give me!!! We need them out and stop harassing doctors who are only doing their jobs!!
November 9, 2016
Someone from Monroe, MI writes:
My husband and are 84 and 82 physicians are reducing the amount of pain medication this is very unfair to elderly. Along with that if you can get what you need you have to go to the physicians office every month for an appointment. This is sometimes unable to do, so therefore you just remain in pain and golf to take Tylenol as far as we concern that's not for pain its headaches maybe.
November 9, 2016
Someone from Mountain Home, UT writes:
The DEA finds it easier to harrass doctors and pharmacies cause they have an easy paper trail. It is not right to assume everyone in pain and on oxy 30mg are junkies you say alot of them getting ir 30s are going out and trading it for heroin well keep taking it away from patients and alot of them start to do heroin to help there pain because the doctor wont. I personally know of alot of people who got on heroin for that very reason. thanks to all you big wigs fighting it the wrong way.
November 10, 2016
Someone from Bakersfield, CA writes:
Back pain drugs that have kept me functioning are now being taken away due to Dr not being able to write a script for. Withdrawals and depression from pain
November 10, 2016
Someone from Cheraw, SC writes:
I lie in South Carolina and got a second opinion about my collapsed cervical vertebrae and hallux valgus accompanied by a large bunion on the ball of my foot in which I've been cutting myself. I have RA,OA, osteoporosis, DDD in my neck, back and my wrists are fused. My knees have deteriorated because of the improper gate due to my foot problems. In any case when I voiced my discontent to my Rheumatologist after a second opinion from a Orthopedic Surgeon and his accusation of why I waited so long to receive treatment, my Rheumo released me and along with that went my pain meds. Doctor are giving me medication that are tearing up my stomach causing heart palpitations and trying to treat me for depression. Well how about what should have been done in the first place. Treat my pain and condition and taper me down to a comfortable lever of pain meds. Instead of ignoring the underlying condition that is causing the problems which only means that pain meds have to increase as the condition worsens. DUH!!!. I have taken anti-inflammatories and steroids for years. I have intestinal problem and musculoskeletal problems from them as well. I have had RA since I was 28 years old I'm now 53. It was a Rheumatologist in NY who suggested pain meds. In any case the DEA does not have the Constitutional right to dictate how Doctors should treat or medicate their patients. I've read many blogs and people are truly suicidal. Patients should not be penalized for questioning their Doctors either. Patients have the right and should question any care given them and be completely informed by their doctors about any and all aspects of care. Congress needs to revoke powers from the DEA and reinstate the Constitutional rights of the people. We ask Congress does this within a timely matter, suffering has gone on long enough for people suffering with serious conditions.
November 10, 2016
Weldon F. from Rich,, MI signed.
November 10, 2016
jim d. from Willoughby, OH writes:
If your going to stop pain meds you should legalize suicide or make Grass Legal
November 11, 2016
Someone from Los Angeles, CA signed.
November 11, 2016
Someone from Los Angeles, CA signed.
November 11, 2016
Margaret M. from Chicago, IL writes:
I am in pain 24/7. I am allowed to take morphine but drug tested for medical marijuana a no no no (even though med. marijuana is legal in IL.) This makes no sense tome. I am very vigilant about taking my morphine as directed; and need it to get out of bed most days. My Dr is very responsible working for the Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago. Also I can't take NSAIDS as I have kidney damage from taking NSAIDS for so many years.
November 11, 2016
Tu Wonna D. from Saint Louis, MO writes:
doctor Michael Spearman, at the Comprehensive clinic, is with holding my seizure and lupus meds. He has also accused my husband of over medicating me of insulin. They have never met. How do I go about reporting him and changing doctors? St. Louis, Mo.
November 11, 2016
Samantha S. from Merritt Island, FL writes:
The CDC, along with the medical professionals have failed the people. Life should not be about living with pain. It should be about getting the most out of life without suffering and not thinking about suicide because you can not endure the pain any longer.
November 11, 2016
Someone from salt lake city, UT writes:
Its gone on long enough and someone has to put this to a stop. Leave the doctors alone and let them be the doctors. Go after the drug pushers and leave the doctors alone. Let them do their job which is keeping us (ltdu) pain patients have the life that we only wish we could. I am personally tired of the label they try to put on me as a druggy. I'm no different than you wanting some relief from the day to day pain and suffering so that i to can play with my grandchildren, maybe one day go play a game of bowling.
November 12, 2016
Dana M. from La Fayette, GA signed.
November 12, 2016
Someone from Tupelo, MS writes:
I would like to report William Billington in West Point,Ms....He is running a pill mill and does not try to help the chronic patient others ways...just slap pills in your face...I kno sum there that are abusing but I was not...I was in chronic pain and he just laughed in my face like I was a drug and I'm not...8m going to a Chiropractor now which he never suggested and I feel so much better...He don't do drug tests on patients are count pills..how does he get away with this?
November 13, 2016
Someone from Cedar Rapids, IA writes:
I'm heart broken bcuz I would rather have the problem fixed then covered up with pain medication. This is ridiculous that the DEA can tell a doctor how to treat their chronic pain patients. I thought there is suppose to doctor/ patient confidentiality. What happened to let a doctor treat their patient as needed? I don't see the DEA going after the methadone clinics but they're chastising good doctors for treating their chronic pain patients with opiates. I didn't wake up one day to say hey let me be in excruciating pain and have a doctor get me dependant on pain medications. Then just pull me off those pain medications as fast as I was put on them. I don't abuse my pain medication and I surely don't sell them. Why do I have to suffer for other people's mistakes?
November 13, 2016
Someone from Cedar Rapids, IA writes:
November 13, 2016
Someone from Howell, NJ writes:
Noone seems to be paying attention to the petition, Go to greatagain.gov and send your stories, We need to send on overwhelming amount of emails from pain pts being FORCED BY GOVERNMENT AND THE DEA TO EXIST IN A TORTUROUS HELL ! This is GENOCIDE ! How many more lives must be lost to suicide before you corrupt politicians get the hell out of our nealthcare!
Selena W. from Columbus, OH writes:
I have been suffering so long with pain and being treated horribly by physicians. The first one i had was just intending i needed to a psychiatrist and that i really wasn't in pain. She didn't treat me properly so i switched to a new Doctor who now thinks i have lupus from my positive testing but he won't treat my pain. sometimes it hurts so bad I'd wrather be dead but i have kids to care for. He is treating me like a drug addict but never even given me drugs? smh...GOD help us all!
November 13, 2016
Barbara H. from Richfield Springs, NY writes:
I've been on opiods for 10 years. Due to chronic pain in my cervical spine, my spine has no inward curve it's totally straight. After 6 years my cervical spine has formed scolliosis, and spinal stenoesis. The pain is unbearable. I have degenerated disc disease throughout my spine, artheritis in my hips, lumbar spine. I have bulging disc. The curvature in lower back goes inward to far. I also have fibromyalgia.. April of 2016 My Doctor stopped all my pain meds. Did not wein me off.. My quality of live is zero. I can't stand, walk without unbearable pain. This isn't fair, what the Government has done to us chronic pain patients.. There is legit people out here that take pain meds the way they're prescribed.. Why punish us?? The pain meds I was on was Oxy Codone 5mg, 6per Day.. Fetnyl Patch 12 mcgs per hour wich hepled me alot with sleeping. I wake up every 2 hours in so much pain in my hips and lower back.. My new Prime Care Doctor will not perscribe pain meds at all. She even says it's the law..
November 14, 2016
Someone from Webster, NY writes:
Some people being abusers shouldn't set the terms for pain treatment. I just want to survive, and enjoy my life. 36 years old and just want a life.
November 14, 2016
steven l. from burlington, WA writes:
I am tired of being treated like a drug addict. I did not choose to injure myself. it hsppened and now I am being punished for something that was an accident. what gives these rich *******s the right to tell us how we can and can't be treated. they didn't go to school to become doctors. they do not have a M.D.'s license . So where do they get off on telling the doctors how to treat a patient. So where are all of our champions? Where are the people who will fight for our rights. I do not think they exist. the powers that be want people like us exterminated.
November 15, 2016
Darren K. from Salem, OR writes:
I absolutely agree we need to change this system .I've been going threw this for years never abused drugs or took more of a prescription then directed.
November 15, 2016
Someone from Saint Charles, MI signed.
November 15, 2016
todd w. from Jackson, MI writes:
im tired of every story you read in a magazine etc is based on a study or info from 2014 or later alot has happend in two years and the always say opiad pain relivers being all the problem in 2016 .if all the dea and cdc has done has not helped then maybe the are the problem.no the dont want you to know the dramatic drop in oral opiad pills the want to keep the war on pain paitints going.
November 15, 2016
Someone from Newport, TN writes:
I am a patient with legit chronic pain. My pain stems from back surgery that left me with metal braces and pins in my spine and back. I hurt so bad that I can barely concentrate on daily life. I absolutely need help.
November 15, 2016
Someone from Pullman, WA signed.
November 15, 2016
william p. from Durand, MI writes:
i have been in a role over accident an been on pain med for over a year know my doctor wants to cut me off
November 15, 2016
Someone from Howell, NJ writes:
Senators Booker, Menendez and Smith, Why are you not paying attention to the INHUMANE AND BARBARIC treatment being done to pain patients !?!? YOU ARE KILLING INNOCENT LAW ABIDING CHRONICALLY ILL CITIZENS WHO DEPEND ON OPIODS FOR A QUALITY OF LIFE AND DENYING PAIN PTS THEIR LIFESAVING MEDICATION! HOW MANY MORE LIVES LOST TO SUICIDE FROM PAIN PTS BEING FORCED TO SUFFER BY ALL OF YOU IN CONGRESS WHO ARE CONTINUING DOWN THE ROAD OF GENOCIDE!!! All I hear is addiction on the media, our lifesaving pain medication being blamed for the overdoses, which BTW. the numbers put out by the CDC are FALSE! How can you legitimately blame the pain community for the lives lost due to overdoses when it's the HEROIN AND ILLEGAL FENTANYL THAT IS POURING INTO OUR COUNTRY!! The DEA has targeted every dr who continues to treat their pain pts with opiods, leaving us pain pts with years of medical records, abandoned by the medical community!!! THIS NEEDS TO STOP NOW! WE ARE NOT THE PROBLEM. ARE YOU PEOPLE SO BLIND THAT YOU CANNOT SEE THE CONSEQUENCES OF YOUR ACTIONS!?!? YES THE SUICIDE RATE IS SKYROCKETING ALONG WITH THE OVERDOSES DUE TO HEROIN OR ILLEGAL FENTANYL, WHEN YOU LEAVE A PAIN PT TO SUFFER IN SEVERE PAIN WITH NO OPTIONS BUT THE STREETS FOR RELIEF OR SUICIDE!! I CAN ONLY HOPE THAT KARMA PAYS YOU ALL A VISIT REAL SOON AND YOU WILL FIND OUT WHAT SEVERE NEVER ENDING PAIN IS ALL ABOUT, SHAME THE F***K ON ALL OF YOU, !!