4 years ago
Someone from Fort Lauderdale, FL signed.
4 years ago
Someone from Pipersville, PA signed.
4 years ago
Someone from Longwood, FL signed.
4 years ago
Someone from Warwick, RI signed.
Someone from West Stockholm, NY writes:
Using fear and intimidation to influence medical care of civilian population is a violation of international human rights treaties. The United States is a party and has pledged to abide by those treaties.
4 years ago
Someone from Milford, CT signed.
4 years ago
Someone from White House, TN signed.
4 years ago
Someone from Comanche, OK signed.
4 years ago
Someone from Carbondale, IL signed.
Someone from Austin, TX writes:
DEA should focus strictly on bad doctors. It is easy to see who is in compliance and who is not. Stop fishing and harassing those who comply with the current laws.
4 years ago
Someone from Pittsburgh, PA signed.
4 years ago
Someone from New York, NY signed.
Someone from Mesa, AZ writes:
Please remember that there are patients out there in pain 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Show some compassion for us.
Someone from Hominy, OK writes:
I was diagnosed with a chronic pain condition almost 5 years ago. It has robbed me of my job, marriage, and most of my friends. I would give anything to have my life back the way it was. I do what ever it takes to NOT have to take narcotic pain meds by using a SpinalCord Stimulator and simply gritting my teeth, but there are days when I just have to take them. I dont need to be labled because I have to take meds, its bad enough this disease I know live with makes it very obvious I have a disability by the way I walk.
Someone from Pompano Beach, FL writes:
I am a chronic pain sufferer with Lupus, Sjogrens syndrome and Avascular Necrosis of my femur. I am in constant pain 24/7 because of this. I would be in unbearable agony if I did not have a prescription for pain medicine. I am a very responsible person and only take the minimal amount needed to take the edge off the pain so I can somewhat function during the day, and sleep at night. It is not fair that pain patients are discriminated against because irresponsible drug addicts abuse pain meds! Target the real abusers, not real pain patients and their doctors!
Someone from Petal, MS writes:
For those of us with chronic, debilitating diseases, such as arachinoiditis and Tarlov Cyst Disease, we can not make it thru a day with out our medication. We have lost our jobs, independence, friends, spouses and our ability to just function on a day to day basis like a normal person. Like those of you who take "walking, sitting, riding, bending or stretching" for granted. We live with this pain every breath we take! So instead of taking our medication, why not try to find a way to fix us! Help us! Don't hurt us any more than what we already suffer because of these incurible diseases!
Someone from Millsboro, DE writes:
Focus on BAD doctors
4 years ago
Someone from Imperial, CA signed.
4 years ago
Someone from Nampa, ID signed.
4 years ago
Someone from Cincinnati, OH signed.
4 years ago
Someone from Ontario, CA signed.
Someone from Tampa, FL writes:
I have cronic back pain due to being rear-ended in a car accident, through no fault of my own, doctors used up most of my medical allowed and I ended up with constant pain, and no compensation due to revised laws on how much I could sue for which is only what the medical car insurance will pay. Without a pain management doc. I would not be able to function. I am not on an addictive meds, but I do NEED them. There has to be a happy meduim somewhere for those people who truly need pain meds!
Someone from Fredericksburg, VA writes:
The fight for humane treatment of "LEGITIMATE" pain patients must become the next fight if we are to remain a society that represents and respects all people not just those that chose to break the laws!!!!!
Someone from Orlando, FL writes:
Please Help Us! We deserve not to suffer!
4 years ago
Someone from Lakewood, WA signed.
4 years ago
Someone from Central Point, OR signed.
4 years ago
Someone from Irwin, PA signed.
Someone from Albuquerque, NM writes:
Although my doctor is not like this, I know of several that are.
Someone from Galion, OH writes:
Those of us in legitimate chronic pain are the ones left suffering while the DEA makes "examples" out of pain doctors and pharmacies. Easy targets compared to the street dealers and pill mills they claimed they were going to go after!
4 years ago
Someone from Fort Lauderdale, FL signed.
Someone from Rochester, NY writes:
I suffered a major back injury working in an ICU unit turning a 580 pound patient that herniated two discs in my back in 2000. I have been unable to work in 12 years. I was able to get pain medication that allowed me to function until the DEA cracked down on my area, and now doctors are running scared. Now I suffer in pain. It affects my everyday life, my mood, and my family. I have to pay someone to clean my house because I can no longer do it myself. Since I am on workers compensation, it makes it even more difficult. I have been unable to find a medical doctor now for pain medication that allowed me to function. In the 11 years taking vicodin, I submitted to drug testing, counseling on narcotics, kept regular appointments, and my condition is well documented. I never took more than prescribed, and only took it when I needed it. Workers Compensation has not been cooperative about working to find me a new doctor. When asked to submit paperwork to the doctor about my open case, they refused, not allowing me once again to obtain proper medical care. Now I am doing epidural steroid injections because of pressure I am receiving. The professionals believe if I am in pain, I would do something about it, otherwise I am not being truthful. This is wrong. When needing emergency care, due to pain not being controlled with medication, I am treated like an addict. Not everyone who takes regular pain medication is an addict. Many take it to function. Addicts are constantly increasing pain meds to get a "high". I have never done this, but I am treated as if I do. This attitude in the medical community is discriminatory, and insulting. I am a well educated woman, who is proactive in my medical care. I understand the need to control harmful substances. I do not believe limiting access to those who truly need them is fair, just, or even humane. My animals get better treatment from their veterinarian. This is a sad reality. Suffering does not have to be so intense, for so many.
Someone from Carbondale, IL writes:
Having Lived with Chronic Pain for almost 22 years,My lower Back Pain Started in 1990 after an Epidural in Child Birth which my pain got progressively worse,over the Years Then In 1999 I was Diagnosed with a Rare Disease Tarlov cysts in my Sacrum at S1 S2 so large it almost filled the sacrum and was eroding it, after repeated Neuro surgeries laminectomy decompression of the Tarlov cyst during my first Surgery I suffered Nerve damage to my bladder and bowel and was left totally Numb,I then diagnosed with Arachnoiditis which is a another Invisible debilitating Progressive disease also, and the only way I can get through this life of chronic Pain is with the help of Pain Medication. I have raised 2 Children living in this Pain and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy I Know I will live in Chronic Pain for the rest of my Life as already its almost half my life so far. I am only 48 now, So I deserve to get the help I need to try have some sort of quality of life,Why is my own Family Dr who has known me all my life be afraid to prescribe me with a med that will help me, Instead I am forced to go to a Pain Clinic to be seen by strangers who do not have my medical records.PC Drs should not be afraid to prescribe pain meds to Patients they know and have known all their life, Why are we victimised? because of People who misuse Pain medication for kicks, If we had a Heart related or Diabetic health problem our PC is not afraid to prescribe medication for same, why should it be any different than treating a Chronic Pain Patient,, A true chronic Pain Patient should only have to see their own Family Dr and he or she should not be afraid to to prescribe pain Meds,
Someone from Muskogee, OK writes:
i have 3 herniated discs, lupus, fibromyalgia and arthritis. taking lyrica, mobic and flexaril. doesn't tuch the pain.
Someone from Silver Point, TN signed.
4 years ago
Someone from Madison, OH signed.
Someone from Springfield, IL writes:
I have arachnoiditis, trigeminal neuralgia and fibro. I have been on Morphine for 14 years now and also have a pump. I am so sick of reading about folks like that poor lady in Florida who committed suicide after being dumped by her MD. It is not fair that most of us are treated the way we are. We DID NOT ask for these diseases, this pain, or any of it, yet most of us are treated like run of the mill drug addicts. I hate it when others, including Doctors , do not know the difference between truly being addicted to drugs and needing drugs for real pain!!
Someone from Simpsonville, SC writes:
I have Arachnoiditis and Cauda Equina Syndrome. I'm 33. This was caused by epidural for childbirth, and SEVERELY worsened by epidural steroid injections. I face a life on intractable pain, and not being able to find a doctor to treat is a real and constant fear of mine. I am scared to death. I don't know what would happen honestly if I were unable to get relief. Quality of life should for those of us with debilitating diseases should be considered first and foremost in this "war on drugs". I want to be here to see my young children grow up. Please.
4 years ago
Someone from Scituate, MA signed.
4 years ago
Someone from Ronkonkoma, NY signed.
Someone from Barberton, OH writes:
I am absolutely appalled that chronic pain sufferers are treated like criminals. Doctors have vowed to not do harm. Doctors have vowed to help and serve. Doctors have forgotten their main purpose, to help and heal the sick. It is certainly not to be afraid of a government agency but to help the sick! My question is: Why is it the patients who have to rise up and demand to be treated fairly instead of the doctors? Who has the professional designation here and who is being paid to perform healing? Doctors are, yet they do nothing about demanding the government to butt out of their medical practice! Shame of doctors, shame of medical professionals to allow this injustice to happen and shame on bureaucrats who do not care enough to distinguish from chronic pain sufferers who are in need of pain relief and drug addicts. Shame, shame shame...