May 30, 2012
Someone from Staten Island, NY signed.
June 3, 2012
Someone from Anaheim, CA writes:
I have suffered from chronic pain for almost 25 years now. After four back surgeries and now arachnoiditis and peripheral neuropathy - I have met many doctors and nurses that just give you a cold shoulder the minute they find out your a pain patient. They make you feel so small. But in the end you just might need medication to control the pain as a heart patient needs blood pressure meds. Pain medicine only controls my pain and allows me to function every day. I don't get high. I dont feel anything except relief. I support physicians who take time to treat us with dignity.
June 3, 2012
Someone from Saint Petersburg, FL writes:
The DEA has gone TOO FAR in this "War on Drugs" and now because of FEAR of losing their licenses, doctors and pharmacists are being forced to not prescribe or not even fill perfectly legal prescriptions. The pendulum has shifted far too much in the opposite direction and now legitimate pain patients are left to suffer and die. There have been suicides and there will be more. You can't just leave people to suffer in pain. No one should have to suffer like that. No one! It's bad enough being treated like a criminal and all the hoops we have to jump through just to have our pain treated adequately but when I read what's in the media these days I am appalled at the misinformation that is being fed the American public. Every day I read more and more propaganda that says that anything related to "Oxycodone = Bad". I do not recognize my country anymore. God help anyone should have chronic pain anymore. God help you for your country surely won't.
June 3, 2012
Someone from New Port Richey, FL writes:
Dea and the gov made this problem and it wasn't suppose to effect ppl in need of the medication,I agree there was a problem,but they went about it the wrong way,well no one can abuse it anymore,you cant even get your monthly scripts filled with out going to 35 pharmacies and a 2 day period,if your lucky youll have your meds other wise you have to have your script rewrote for something else that doesnt help the pain at all, after all you the gov allowed these pill mills and such to open,WHO HAS TO SUFFER THE REAL PAIN PATIENTS
June 4, 2012
Someone from Clearwater, FL signed.
June 6, 2012
Someone from Lady Lake, FL signed.
June 6, 2012
Someone from Berwick, PA signed.
Someone from Mulga, AL writes:
I have to see a pain Doc instead of a Doc instead of what I need and I don't no which herts more
Someone from Lithia, FL writes:
I totally agree with the petition. The DEA is causing fear for our Pharmacies, doctors and those people living with pain. Chronic pain is a horrible diease and these patients have a right to pain care. The DEA and politians need to stay out of the medical field where they have No expertise. This up to the FDA and medical professionals to decide how to treat pain. We need a bill passed that removes the DEA and the politians and insurance companies from saying how patients get treated. The pain medicines are made for these people and should be available to them. Pain Patients live with a ton of stress and do not need more. They need to be able to see their doctors and get their legal prescriptions filled with out hassles. STOP the DEA!!!
June 6, 2012
Someone from Juneau, WI signed.
Someone from Olympia, WA writes:
It is barbaric to allow people in pain to suffer like this.
June 6, 2012
Someone from Mulga, AL signed.
Someone from Walnut Creek, CA writes:
The DEA needs to back off and rethink their actions. We need balance in protecting the public, but we also need to go very far in protecting legitimate pain patients taking legal medicine. The War (sic) Drugs should not be fought on the backs of pain patients and their health care providers.
June 6, 2012
Someone from Dade City, FL signed.
Someone from Yakima, WA writes:
Please take a moment to read this petition and sign if you feel led to do so. No pressure...just consider your situation and the situation of millions who live with chronic pain daily. The DEA has no business practicing medicine or preventing legitimate healthcare providers from practicing wholistic and compassionate medicine based on common sense and critical thinking the science that is out there. We have within our grasp to power and the tools to relieve most of the chronic pain out there but our hands are being tied by the DEA. Pain medications are not 100% of the answer but it is one tool in the pain treatment tool box that can allow people with pain some relief so they can pursue other options as well.
Someone from Litchfield, CT writes:
All chronic pain conditins are not visible to the naked eye. I've been living with Advanced osteoporosis, Osteoarthritis, Fibromyalgia & Spinal Stenosis since the age of 26. Let's be careful NOT to paint all people who need prescription pain medications with the brush of illicit drug users!!
Someone from Woodland, WA writes:
This type of discrimination is so outrageous, especially in a world that seems to be quite advanced. It is important that we, as Americans, need to try understand all sides of the issue; and not only the "side" of media. It is horrifying to think that people who live with daily pain are ignored because a small percentage of patients who abuse prescription drugs. I will not believe that any American is "disposable".
June 6, 2012
Someone from Portland, OR signed.
June 6, 2012
Someone from Portland, OR signed.
June 7, 2012
Someone from Somerset, NJ writes:
I am a certified pain nurse and this is a serious problem.
June 7, 2012
Someone from Township Of Washington, NJ writes:
I've never seen medical professionals as collectively frightened and intimidated by one issue of practice as this.
June 7, 2012
Someone from Laramie, WY writes:
My husband has been a chronic intractable pain patient for 29 years. He screams and moans day and night because he is undermedicated at a time when he is at his all time worst. We disapprove of torture, but that is exactly what is happening to the pain patients. They are being tortured. This is so wrong - it is not the patients' fault either.
June 8, 2012
Someone from Aurora, IL writes:
Don't politicize pain care or pain medications. Most legitimate pain sufferers use their medications responsibly. Pain meds allow me to continue to raise my family and support myself. Without them, many more will be on public assistance. Let doctors practice medicine. Get the DEA out of it.
June 8, 2012
Someone from Atlanta, GA writes:
It's time to stop punishing innocent doctors and patients for addiction. We did not CHOOSE to live with constant, debilitating pain, and we have a right to adequate treatment, without being persecuted and stigmatized.
June 9, 2012
Someone from Tacoma, WA signed.
June 11, 2012
Someone from Chocowinity, NC writes:
I am challenged by RSDS one of the worst pain conditions known but VA doctors are afraid to treat me in fear of being audited.
June 14, 2012
Someone from Houston, TX writes:
I am so tried of going to emergency rooms knowing that I will be treated as an addict. The medical profession is too afraid of the insurance and governmental agency to do what is right for their patients. Doctors need to remember to "first, do no harm.
Someone from Peoria, AZ writes:
My husband has ARACHNOIDITIS,. I understand and can appreciate the DEA policing narcotics, however, If the patient has history and medical proof of the painful disease, than why should the doctors be scared of HELPING their PATIENT? If the doctor is scared to get audited, and can't or won't treat a patient with the proper medical procedure or medications necessary to manage pain, maybe all of these anesthesiologists/pain management doctors should educate themselves on the medicines they are mixing and injecting that are causing these neurological "unknown" chronic painful diseases. It's our right as patients to be forewarned of ALL conditions caused by these procedures.Maybe the government should investigate and audit All medical doctors so we can feel confident with all of our medical providers integrity and honesty.
4 years ago
Someone from Beverly Hills, CA signed.
Someone from Elgin, IL writes:
I am in so much pain as I write. I have severe spinal nerve damage from Symptomatic Tarlov Cysts. I've had four surgeries and may need yet another. I currently have 9 tablets of Vicodin left from an Rx in April, but dare not take one because I cannot get a refill until two weeks from now. I have only taken about 5% of the prescribed dosage for pain because of difficulty getting refills. I have never abused any substance in my life and previously never needed pain medication. I am likely to have severe pain the rest of my life and it is depressing to think that the only real option for me is a risky procedure to implant an electrode in my spine to reduce pain when I could get simple pain relief from medication. But, my doctor can't really control that. Congress does. This is simply unfair and I am really suffering as a consequence. Please put these decisions back into the hands of responsible professionals who know their patients' needs. Please. Thank you!
Someone from Elgin, IL writes:
My mother suffers from Symptomatic Tarlov Cysts and is in constant pain. Because of other issues, she can't take anti-inflammatory. After 4 surgeries, to treat her cysts, her only options to have an invasive surgery to implant a medical device in her spine, or be allowed to take pain medication on a regular basis. She rarely takes meds now so she can save them for a really, really bad day. But I want to see her living a life again, not lying in bed writhing in pain. Please, let her doctor make an informed decision and giver her relief!
Someone from Wexford, PA writes:
If any of the big guys in the DEA had a diagnosis of a disease that is known for causing chronic pain like the one I have Arachnoiditis, we wouldn't be needing to sign this and fight for our right to receive some comfort from our meds. Anyone with a definite diagnosis of a known chronic pain disease should have the right to have what they need with no questions asked. All we are seeking is a little compassion and understanding of our condition. We only wish they could wear our shoes for just one day and they would quickly understand...
4 years ago
Someone from Hamilton, MT signed.
4 years ago
Someone from Fort Lauderdale, FL signed.
4 years ago
Someone from Warminster, PA signed.
4 years ago
Someone from Tampa, FL signed.
4 years ago
Someone from Millville, NJ signed.
4 years ago
Someone from Farmington, CT signed.
4 years ago
Someone from Tucson, AZ signed.
4 years ago
Someone from Orlando, FL signed.