September 4, 2012
Someone from Winston Salem, NC writes:
If you want a comment from me contact me and I'll give you one, my e-mail is listed below.
September 4, 2012
Someone from Winston Salem, NC signed.
Someone from Winston Salem, NC writes:
I watch my wife on a daily basis struggle to handle the pain that Epidural Steroid Injection's caused her. She is a very strong woman, and when she says she is hurting, you can bet by golly she is hurting bad. Most Dr.'s don't want to admit that these invasive procedures are the cause for the damage that they afflict on their own Patient's by giving them ultimatums "if you don't do this we can't continue to prescribe your pain medication." Yes, I was there, heard every word, I've heard every word from their mouths since the beginning of this nightmare. Then they come back and say they didn't say that, that there must be some sort of misunderstanding. They falsify medical records, by leaving things out. In Nursing school your instructors tell you, "If you don't document it, you didn't do it", covers them real well wouldn't you say.
September 5, 2012
Someone from Hamilton, MI signed.
September 5, 2012
Someone from Matawan, NJ writes:
The quantity of life does not matter to me. It is the quality that matters. I think about suicide daily. Can no longer stand the pain.
September 7, 2012
Someone from Aurora, CO writes:
I hope all of the doctors, DEA agents, and any people who think we are drug seekers / addicts one day will suffer from chronic pain. I too think of suicide almost every day. If we cannot get treatment for the pain then we should be put to sleep like our beloved pets. How can people, especially in the medical field, think that suffering is okay, that we'll get through it and be stronger for it? Whatever.
September 10, 2012
Someone from Tawas City, MI signed.
September 12, 2012
Someone from Woodridge, IL signed.
September 12, 2012
Someone from Woodridge, IL signed.
September 12, 2012
Someone from Galion, OH writes:
I too have chronic back pain and have found that doctors are afraid to prescribe pain medication. Please find a different way to tell the "drug seekers" from us that are in chronic pain so that we may have the proper relief we need! More and more people are going to illegal drugs to solve their pain problems and overdosing on it. Why should we all suffer because of the addicts? They will find their drugs in other states because they are addicts, but us that suffer with chronic pain can not travel like that.
4 years ago
Someone from Ravena, NY signed.
4 years ago
Someone from Bowling Green, MO signed.
Someone from Minneapolis, MN signed.
October 3, 2012
Someone from Crystal Lake, IL signed.
October 6, 2012
Someone from Richmond, VA signed.
Someone from Walnut Creek, CA writes:
The organs of government such as the DEA need to stop oppressive actions against the doctors who treat pain patients, including me.
October 6, 2012
Someone from Mechanicsburg, PA signed.
October 9, 2012
Someone from Fremont, IN writes:
I've only had this happen once, but by my 'new' family physician. He would rather I die from anaphylaxis from NSAIDS than relieve my pain. I did find a pain management practice who is very goog.
October 10, 2012
Someone from Valparaiso, FL writes:
I find this very disturbing. It clearly shows in ones records what was working for a patient, the patient moves and cannot get the same treatment. Instead they are denied help... and blacklisted. I also think it is really sad when you walk into a doctors office, all of the employees know your medical information,.,.,. or if you make the doctor mad..they put you on the so called list. when will patients be able to blacklist our doctors or appeal being blacklisted because they take our money and refuse to help us.
October 10, 2012
Someone from Rochester, NY writes:
cannot get treatment for my pain which is severe. I can barely function due to the pain and I cannot get any relief. I hate to think that I am just going to have to suffer for now on. Because doctors are so afraid of the DEA they refuse to treat legit patients with pain. My doctor told me there was nothing he could do because the DEA was so strict now and that he could loose his license. This is unethical and inhumane. We the people need to make some changes in our government. The DEA is causing more problems by doing this. People who cannot get treatment for pain, some will turn to other forms of relief (illegal or not), some will turn to suicide, I can't even find a doctor..I'm so sick and tired of Dr's saying "No" they don't want to accept you as a patient if you want or I should say NEED pain prescriptions I'm going to a clinic right now to get my pain meds but that's coming to an end and I think I have called every Primary Care doctor in town and was turned down by all of them as soon as I said two words...Pain Prescriptions
October 12, 2012
Someone from Mount Juliet, TN writes:
Chronic pain patients deserve to be treated like human beings, not junkies... we need treatment and our regular Physicians don't want to take the risks... Not fair.
October 14, 2012
Someone from Snellville, GA writes:
I am at a complete lost. I've been dealing with chronic back and neck pain as well as artritis in my knees. I have had two accidents in the past 5 years. I have lost everything, my job, my home, my business, my family & friends, my sense of peace, my quality of life. This debilatating pain and the emotional and physical toil it takes on a person is undescrible. I want to die every day. There is not a day that has gone by in the past year that I haven't cried. If it isn't the issues with the actual physical pain then it is from an overwhelming sense of doom and depression. It is a HARD PILL TO SWALLOW for lack of better words, to know that you have to take hand fulls of medications to make it throught the day. Before you know years have gone by and you have to take more or stronger medication. Since I haven't been able to work full-time I do not have health insurance and it is not only unreasonable and unpractical to think that anyone with a serious handicap condition can afford decent medical coverage. Now, thanks to the DEA and their scare tactics they use on Doctors and Pharmacies as well as their unreasonable expectations as to the distribution and manufacturing of narcotic pain medication, we have to suffer even more mental, emotional, and physical issues. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH...Is there not anyone involved in this '"pain pill abuse" epidemic see that this is cruel and unusual punishment for those of us that are not abusing the system and who have medically justifed reasons for taking the pain medication as our Doctor has prescribed. I do beleive that if the powers to be would re-think and re-assess their course of action that a better soulution could be found. It is the tenth month of 2012 and I have went through extreme measures to get my oxycodone filled. I have a prescription that is 4 months old that i haven't been able to fill. Many of the patients that are in pain are not able to sit and ride in a car for hours and hours day after day going from pharmacy to pharmacy looking for their medication. It is not fair to us that we are treated as drug abusers and are often talked to as if it is not the healthcare professional fault that we are in the condition we are in. Yes, I had almost those exact words said to me by a healthcare worker. Well I am not sure that "blaming" anyone is the answer, but I do know that making chronic pain patients suffer in pain is not the answer. I think that the abusers are to be targeted. I have had to go to at least ten different physcians since the DEA started their efforts to shut down pill mills. I have sat in the lobby of some of these pain clinics and watched and over-heard the drug pushers and abusers openly talk about what the doctor was prescribing them and asking other patients if they would sell their prescribtions to them and I was shocked. I can find my medication on the streets now easier than I can at the pharmacies. There is something wrong with this....Why aren't ther
Someone from Orlando, FL signed.
4 years ago
Someone from Las Vegas, NV signed.
4 years ago
Someone from Las Vegas, NV signed.
4 years ago
Someone from Lithia, FL writes:
STOP THE SUFFERING!! The DEA has our pharmacists and DOCTORS in FLORIDA and Kentucky so afraid now that many legitimate pain patients CAN NOT GET the medications they need!! WHY does this country want to cause harm to the disabled?? Many very ill and in pain patients can't live with this pain and suicide is looking more of a better option everyday. STOP this terrorism NOW!! There has to be a balance somewhere. Investigate the DEA and get them out of our medical care!!
4 years ago
Someone from Englewood, FL writes:
Please let doctors do their job and tell pharmacists to fill pain medication prescriptions. PLEASE
4 years ago
Someone from Cape Coral, FL writes:
What the DEA has done here is Violated all Human rights & in doing so also accomplished an increase in inhumane treatment of Pain patients. This can be equated to torture, as suicide rates increase amongst Pain Patients in Florida & across many other states. SHAMEFUL ... Their directives are wrong & out of control, hurting the innocent.. the people whom have not been a part of any kinds of abuse but rather NEED their medicine to have some semblance of a life.
4 years ago
Someone from Fresno, CA signed.
4 years ago
Someone from Acushnet, MA writes:
We are people and even animals have rights we are only asking to be treated like human beings. We are chronic suffers not junkies. Some abuse it. You can take it out on everyone because people abuse it. Let us have somewhat of a life. Please do you want people to commit suicide for the amount of pain we suffer.
4 years ago
Someone from Florence, KY writes:
Have taken pain meds for 10 yrs. I am unable to work witout them. Now my Dr is letting me go as a pt. have been very responsible with my medications I am scared. Do not know what to do.
October 23, 2012
Someone from Salem, OR signed.
October 25, 2012
Someone from Punta Gorda, FL signed.
October 25, 2012
Someone from Kathleen, FL writes:
I am an acute care patient. I was diagnosed with sciatic in the ER five days ago. I am in acute pain and my primary care doctor does not prescribe any narcotics, I even asked for non narcotics and was told no. I have had this doc for years, never needed any type of pain med including anti inflammatories. Now that I am in the middle of a pain crisis and need her, she, well her parent company, is too nervous to prescribe or even address pain. To me that is unethical. I count on my primary care to help take care of me. This no narcotics has gone too far. I agree that I dont want pill mills, I dont think that many people need chronic pain management, but when it follows into acute current pain management that is too much. That is unethical, that is not the standard of care, but the states are putting such a collar that the docs cant treat their patients appropriately. It is the patients who suffer. I pay good premiums to get care when I need it. Dont strangle the good doc and force them to not treat their patients.
October 26, 2012
Someone from Glendale, CA writes:
I cant get a doctor to ever prescribe me pain medication despite intermittent 9-10 scale pain. It's not right that I have to tip-toe around asking for pain killers.
October 29, 2012
Someone from Punta Gorda, FL signed.
October 30, 2012
Someone from Columbus, GA writes:
its bad when pharmacies won't fill your prescription cause they don't like your Doctor, and i have to go to 20 different pharmacies so i can find my medicine. If i'm lucky i'll find them. This is uncalled for!
October 30, 2012
Someone from Columbus, GA writes:
October 31, 2012
Someone from Las Cruces, NM signed.
October 31, 2012
Someone from Louisville, KY writes:
I am a cronic pain pateint in louisville ky,recently my pain dr of 7 yrs was seized of all his patients records by the DEA,but he is still practicing, i fear anyday e will be bothered so much by these people because of the new law, but exactly how far are these people doing the siezing stepping over the new law? I feel every doctor needs to take a criminal background check of all their patients before excepting them, and if any have any drug charges of any kkind do not except them, why can't the DEA go this route, my dr is a reputle dr. my god when is this going to end,i'm sick and tired of the srutiny, and the looks when i fill my prescriptions, i stick by the book, and rules,there's always going to be that person who doesn't, so start ahead of the problem screen the patients DEA,please, us real cronic pain patients are going to die, evenually as you keep us all from going to the dr's,this is unfair human treatment, they except medicare,so now who's wrong,medicare agrees with cronic pain,if the shoe were on the other foot, you would not want to live in constant cronic pain,without your medicine, now thanks to the new law and the DEA, going berserk I now am in fear of taking my medicine as prescribed in fear i will run out and they will shut my dr down for good, thanks alot,I hope mr, besher is happy to leave us disabled especially in PAIN TO DIE.