699 Public Comments So Far

10 months ago
Someone from Hartford City, IN writes:
Having PTSD MEDICAL marijuana is the only thing that helps me. WE LOOSE 22 VETS A DAY DUE TO SUICIDE BE CAUSE WE HAVE NOT LEGALIZED THIS PLANT . ALMOST EVERY STATE AROUND US IS ON THERE WAY. YET WE AS THE PEOPLE LET POLITICAL LOBIEST GET IN OUR WAY. PASS THE BILL OR WERE ALL ABANDING INDIANA
10 months ago
Someone from Bedford, IN signed.
April 24, 2016
Someone from Indianapolis, IN signed.
April 25, 2016
Someone from Columbus, IN writes:
Boi just make it legal kid. It helps people unlike alcohol mates
April 25, 2016
Someone from Columbus, IN signed.
April 26, 2016
Someone from Butler, IN signed.
April 29, 2016
Someone from Middletown, IN signed.
April 29, 2016
Someone from Evansville, IN writes:
I believe from a medical point of view cannabis is a wonder drug. The potential it has is amazing. Thats if people would open up there mind it to. Recreationally I see it prospering. Crime rates would drop. Possible less alcohol consumption, safer roads. And the tax money that could be used for improving the state even more.
Someone from Columbus, IN writes:
Kid just do it pls
May 3, 2016
Someone from South Bend, IN writes:
Im a 6 yr army vet,i have ptsd.i hate taking pills. Cannabis may not be for everyone,but it works for me.to denie us to medicine that isnt man made is just wrong.i hate taking pills.most of the time it makes my symptoms worse and sometimes suicidal.it they dont legalize in Indiana soon, 1 of 2 things will happen.people will move from this state to seek the medicine or they will end up hurting themselves due to the side effects of drugs we dont want. To allow alcohol, and tobacco but not cannabis...its just stupid.not 1 reported death from cannabis.but how many have there been in this year alone for tobacco and alcohol? Just legalize it.if we dont get it legally, we can and will get it other ways.you choose. Either you can get revenue from it or continue to spend money arresting people that are just trying to ease their pain Thanks , Joshua
May 4, 2016
Someone from South Bend, IN signed.
May 4, 2016
Someone from South Bend, IN signed.
May 4, 2016
Someone from Kendallville, IN signed.
May 8, 2016
Someone from Bloomfield, IN signed.
May 9, 2016
Someone from Anderson, IN writes:
Medical Marijuana being legalized will drop the rates of overdosing in Indiana, something that has been a growing problem. It could, as well, help stop some of the hard drugs sweeping our state like, Heroin, Cocaine, Prescription Pain Killers.
May 9, 2016
Someone from North Las Vegas, NV signed.
May 10, 2016
Someone from Yorktown, IN signed.
May 12, 2016
Someone from Terre Haute, IN writes:
I firmly believe in the use of medical marijuana. I'm a disabled male who suffers from seizures and debilitating back pain. (All from suffering from a car wreck in 1992) I have a long list of other issues from the TBI's I now suffer from. If it helps.... Please lift the ban on the use of marijuana. I truly believe that its benefits out weight the government inability to collect massive amounts of revenue from taxations and kickbacks from pharmaceutical companies. Its just not fair to the medically frail american who pays taxes. Not to mention that my daughter also suffers fro seizures. Its not all about you and your wallet.
9 months ago
Someone from Indianapolis, IN signed.
Someone from Connersville, IN signed.
9 months ago
Someone from Springville, IN signed.
9 months ago
Someone from Springville, IN signed.
9 months ago
Someone from Mishawaka, IN writes:
Im with joshua U. from south bend, in. i too had problems with p.t.s.d. that started back in 1996 and always used alcohol to numb the pain and shame i was feelin...and i got myself in a wrld of trouble!! and had to spend six years on house arrest at which time i made decision to quit the alcohol and try medications in order to help with the p.t.s.d. and anxiety problems but i had bad reactions to all of this to the point that i kept the curtains pulled if the phone rang i would damn fall outta my chair and if someone knocked at the door i couldnt answer it even if it was someone i knew!! paxil,effexor zoloft damn lexapro all of them only made my problems worse :( but after about 6 hits of a good strain of sativa i can feel more optimistic and have extra energy to go out and accomplish things with my day and when life,s trials and tribulations hit me i dont drift back to the p.t.s.d. repressed memories that haunt me to this very day...i say legalize this harmless herb cause even if someone uses it to feel good guess what lawmakers......DEPRESSION KILLS!!
9 months ago
Someone from Lafayette, IN signed.
9 months ago
Someone from Indianapolis, IN writes:
fibromyalgia is treated like it does not exist and now there are not any support groups at any of the mental health care places in Indianapolis and I went from superwoman to having cicoa acess coming in and just wanting my dignity back at 52 years old. My muscles refuse to relax and finally a oral surgeon explained why pain meds did not work and it was taking 4 vials of Novocain for 1 tooth.I have never been a lazy person and ask for no sympathy. I have graduated pain class but was told I had to give them 225 dollars every 2 weeks for acupuncture even though I am on fixed income.Insurance does NOT pay for this and I found that medical marijuana does help to relax the rope muscles and lets me sleep and get relief and not want to die like the medical providers here want us to do.I have glimpsed the hope and wish I had the money to move to where it is legal.Look up the suicide rates of fibromyalgia patients.
9 months ago
Someone from Hillsboro, IN signed.
May 25, 2016
Someone from Mishawaka, IN writes:
It helps with so many illnesses its needs ton be legal
May 25, 2016
Someone from Valparaiso, IN signed.
May 30, 2016
Someone from Indianapolis, IN signed.
June 9, 2016
Someone from Anderson, IN signed.
June 12, 2016
Someone from Indianapolis, IN signed.
June 12, 2016
Someone from Indianapolis, IN signed.
June 12, 2016
Someone from Rockville, IN signed.
June 12, 2016
Someone from Brownsburg, IN writes:
Cannabis is a natural medicinal plant that needs no more regulation that oregano.
Someone from Straughn, IN signed.
June 13, 2016
Someone from Jasper, IN writes:
I am a victim of a broken back I have also had my left foot crushed by a forklift and had had damaged when I fell off a two-and-a-half story house I have to take gabapentin morphine and Other Drugs just to be able to cope this would go a long long long way to help an individual like me who is suffering which it doesn't seem as though you care if I am suffering or not but the medications that I am going to kill that kill people like most recently friends Michael Jackson just to name a few public individuals that you would recognize millions of people die everyday from the drugs that I am on no one ever in 5000 years has ever died from using cannabis and this would go a long way to help me from having to take more stronger narcotics that I could die from and just remember one thing good people do not pay taxes think about that dead people do not pay taxes they do not vote and care about your people give them the medication they need allow them to have the medication that you need I'm not asking for recreational use I am asking for medical use UC California 2025 other States including the one that you're in Washington DC if you don't want to legalize in Indiana at least help me get to Washington DC where I can have the medicine that I desperately need
Someone from Jasper, IN writes:
I'm sorry I was cut off before I was finished with my statement I am also not allowed to work over 30 hours a week because of my condition I am very poverty-stricken I work at Long John Silver's I live in a room roach infested Courthouse of the trailer because I can't afford no more I am my life is just pathetic with and without the ability to do things although I insist upon working as much as I can because I do not want to be on disability I want to pull my hair and the intense pain that I am in causing everyday to be a suffering event and I feel as though this country is supposed to care about me does not I cannot have the medication that would help me because I am in the state of Indiana 25 other states allow their people that have medical marijuana and it is discrimination against me because I am located in this state and that is unfair it is unconstitutional and this country does not abide by the Constitution that was set forth for its individuals for life liberty and pursuit of happiness and well-being and that is wrong wrong please call me and talk to me directly I beg you I give you my phone number I give you my first and last name I give you my address I give you my email I give you permission to come and pick me up if that's what you feel like you have to do but please understand all I'm asking for is the help that and the quality of life that every single individual in this country should be allotted and I don't think that's too much to ask for like I said I have to take morphine and everything else every day just to be able to walk and I do not want these pills I do not want to accidentally overdose on narcotics and died find a suffering American citizen John Evans
8 months ago
Someone from La Porte, IN writes:
I sign to vote yes for legalizing. Do your job and let us vote!
8 months ago
Someone from Carmel, IN signed.
Someone from New Albany, IN signed.