675 Public Comments So Far

December 9, 2016
Izzy M. from Clinton, IN writes:
...and I give unto you all the green herbs of the field, bearing seed for your pleasure. I just watched a video about cannabis and the amazing relief it gives people with Parkinsons Disease. Hoosiers, and my Mother need this relief!
December 9, 2016
Lawrence H. from San Antonio, TX signed.
December 11, 2016
Felipe F. from Portage, IN signed.
December 13, 2016
Essie L. from San Diego, CA signed.
December 13, 2016
Darien D. from Roachdale, IN writes:
I suffer from depression, anxiety, ptsd, bi-polar, among other mental disorders. Marijuana helps me more than any of my prescribed medications. And only helps more as an addition to them. I am able to not only deal but succeed in every day life, where I would normally barely be able to just stay functional, because of the help Marijuana gives me. And I am merely a small, miniscule, piece of the grand puzzle. The negative stereotypes are only spread by the uneducated or the few who abuse what is really a miracle gift. Outside of the medical effects, the uses of hemp in oils, paper, rope, fabric, and many other useful biproducts; are truly a long untapped resource that is safer, cleaner, and cheaper. Even used as recreational has its benefits. The taxed income alone is astounding as already proven by Colorado. Money that can be used to better roads, schools, communities, and even provide numerous jobs for the job market. I plead, encourage, and beg of those in power to really look at all the different angles and potential for Marijuana; for I truly feel that legalizing this natural plant is in the best interest of everyone.
December 13, 2016
Someone from Elnora, IN writes:
I served in the U.S. Marine Corps Infantry for nearly 10 yrs and I am a combat veteran of Iraq. I recently turned 40 in Nov. I have degenerative arthritis and discs through out my entire spine along with multiple compressed vertebrae, torn labrum and bone spurs in my left hip. I also have PTSD from severe fighting during the second battle to retake the city of Fallujah in Iraq. I currently receive medical care from the VA, Which is a insult to myself and any other man or woman who sacrifices for this country. I was told I have to wait for 3 to 5 yrs for my hip to completely give out before I can have surgery. Not to mention we are all told that we have been through a lot and have pills shoved down out throats. There is absolutely no reason why Veterans or any other human being should be forced to take pills to get through everyday life, When there is a far safer alternative. While I disagree to legalizing marijuana for recreational use there is no reason why it shouldn't be for medicinal purposes.
December 14, 2016
Someone from Lebanon, IN signed.
December 14, 2016
Someone from Lebanon, IN signed.
1 month ago
Someone from Brownsville, IN writes:
I think they should legalize it already. We have all theae states around us that are legalized. I also think that it would be well profitable for this state (Indiana). Marajuana is not harmful. Its not like its going to kill millions of people. Thirdly I think if marijuana was legalized i think people wouldn't head towards the harder drugs like: ( herion, crack, cocain, ecstacy,etc.), Because they would have sonething they xan get so much easier and cheaper.. LEGALIZE MARAJUANA and get it OVER with.. Give is our rights to our free mind and freedom...
1 month ago
Someone from Brownsville, IN writes:
1 month ago
Someone from Brownsville, IN writes:
1 month ago
Erin A. from Brownsville, IN signed.
1 month ago
Someone from Huntington, IN writes:
I suffer from severe anxiety disorder, constant pains from scoliosis and a car accident years ago; I should not have to be treated when I visit other states, yet, I can't come back to my home state with Medicinal Marijuana.. you can't overdose on Marijuana, there's zero deaths to Marijuana; but there are however dozens of health advantages to it; how can we be the land of the free, united, and controlled by the government over an herb that's been around since the beginning of time, and yet only some states are legal? It's 100% organic, naturally grown, and also found wild in nature? Other states have seen the plus sides to it; why must Indiana be stuck in the 1950s? Keeping it illegal brings unnecessary drug charges, prevents jobs from opening, and hurts the citizens who can urgently benefit from it? If you want to ban drugs, ban pharmaceutical companies for the severity of the side effects that their chemicals have on our natural lives and well being! Being healthy shouldn't be expensive, nor' should the side effects hurt us more than our problems; so please, stop defending big brother pharmaceutical companies and open your eyes! And please, stop acting like Marijuana ends lives when it in fact saves them, there's more important things to keep illegal to save lives.
1 month ago
John L. from Indianapolis, IN signed.
1 month ago
Joe W. from Crawfordsville, IN writes:
I have bipolar and marijuana helps keep me calm . There are a lot worse drugs out there that are killing people and damaging lifes on a daily basis. Marijuana was put here for a reason and it's to heal and treat people with many different types of medical conditions. This should not be the focus of penalty. And let's be real here people look at the billions of dollars in tax revenue that Denver receives every year. That money can be used in very resourceful ways just like it does every where it's legal to purchase. You can help hungry and homeless children among many other purposes.
December 23, 2016
Rico C. from French Lick, IN writes:
I have been doing research on marijuana for years. The fact that it is considered a schedule 1 drug is ludicrous. It's not dangerous, and has plenty of health benefits. It's not dangerous in the slightest. I advocate it's use and would use it everyday if I could. Every other state have initiatives in place for the legalization of medical marijuana, and I think it's time for Indiana to WAKE UP and take notice of the progress this great nation has made on this issue. It's time to legalize Indiana, folks. More importantly, it's time to legalize America.
December 27, 2016
Misty L. from Indianapolis, IN writes:
Hello, My name is Misty Lopez, and I have several health condition's such as MS and Crohn's disease among others. I have ran out of treatment options due to the issues that the drugs they have used has caused. I feel Medical Marijuana is a natural and safe way to treat my illnesses rather than pharmaceutical drugs that have just caused me more problems. I have been very sick for many years and it has truly been a battle for my life. Indiana should legalize Medical Marijuana for patients like me who need a safe and natural option and I pray that the law makers in Indiana can let go of their draconian laws and give us the help we so desperately need.
December 27, 2016
Damian L. from Bloomingotn, IN writes:
Indiana seriously needs to legalize marijuana recreational .... It's really imbarrassing for Indiana to not legalize... The money and jobs that would generate are absolutely guaranteed... The state would profit huge from it. I don't honestly know what ever one is afraid of... Let's make the state hungry happy sleepy... And I'm sry there is no difference between marijuana used medically or used recreationally... Recreational is still medical bc why would people even use if it didn't benefit them in at least one way.. I'm to the point I want to leave Indiana bc legalization isnt on the table and been shut down here... Marijuana crimes and underage use where legal has dropped... And again in Colorado it's created 18000 jobs!! There is nothing but benefits from marijuana... Name a negative... Don't worry, I'll wait... IT'S BEEN PROVEN MARIJUANA KILLS CANCER CELLS! PREVENTS AND ATTACKS PROSTATE CANCER CELLS AS WELL!! AN APPLE A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY RIGHT? WELL A JOINT A DAY KEEP THE CANCER AWAY! WAKE THE HELL UP GET ON THE TRAIN... WHY IS THE STATE AFRAID OF MARIJUANA.... I BELIEVE IF YOU GAVE THE PEOPLE OF INDIANA A CHANCE TO VOTE... IT WOULD BE LEGAL! NO ONE HAS EVER DIED FROM MARIJUANA USE... MY FATHER IS AN ACHOHOLIC. SACRED ME TO DEATH HE GOT MEAN AND VIOLENT... GIVE HIM A JOINT AND MY DAD WAS THE COMPLETE OPPOSITE... NOW TELL ME MARIJUANA IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN ACHOHOL... I WON'T BELIEVE YOU... INDIANA SERIOUSLY NEED TO REFORM AND GET ON BOARD... I REALLY CAN'T FIND A REAL REASON IT SHOULD BE ILLEGAL... IT JUST IS... HOW ABOUT WE GET SOME REASONS ON WHY IT'S ILLEGAL.. I DON'T WANT TO HEAR THE WHOLE ABUSE THE DRUG CRAP EITHER... IT'S NOT ADDICTIVE... LEGALIZATION WOULD CHANGE SO MANY LIVES BENEFIT FROM MEDICAL USE AND RECREATIONAL... PEOPLE WHO USE MARIJUANA AREN'T CRIMINAL... AND AREN'T BAD PEOPLE.... I STILL DON'T KNOW WHAT THE HANG UP IS... LET'S GET THIS BALL ROLLING AND LEGALIZE!!! I CANT BELIEVE INDIANA ISN'T LOOKING AT THE MONEY ASPECT OF ALL THIS...
December 29, 2016
Someone from Plymouth, IN writes:
It helps with my back , knave had it for 15 years. If you don't I'm moving to a state that does!!!!!!!!!
January 2, 2017
Someone from Fort Wayne, IN writes:
please
January 3, 2017
Katreena G. from Cedar Lake, IN writes:
I am suffering toxic side effects from medications prescribed by my oncologists to deal with debilitating side effects of the chemo I am having to take to battle my cancer. I am being treated at Rush Hospital in Chicago. My doctors want prescribe medical marijuana to prevent this...legally they can prescribe it but I cannot get it in Illinois because I'm a resident of Indiana. I can, however, buy an Ak-47 automatic rifle..legally. Does this make sense?
January 5, 2017
Austin K. from Vacaville, CA writes:
LEGALIZE IT
January 5, 2017
Josh H. from Frankfort, IN writes:
I have PTSD and marijuana really helps me ,so catch up Indiana and lets show the rest of the states how the hoosiers can do it .
January 6, 2017
Sara H. from Brookville, IN writes:
I have a medical recommendation from California, but like a fool, i moved back to backwater Indiana. Good God! Weed is everywhere,mostly dirt weed, as is poverty... Think if the bigger picture. Medical/Recreational Marijuana is big business. Its tons of money, taxs and jobs. Its less non criminaks taking up jail space. Its mellowed out people with high anxiety. Its functionality fir many people. Its joy for others. God gave of the plants and animals to care and to use as necessary. You took the barley and hops and went all out. Let ys have our weed too.
January 6, 2017
Amanda E. from Pendleton, IN writes:
I know veterans who would highly benefit from legalizing and people with health issues that would get immediate relief. Legalize it.
January 7, 2017
DeNiron R. from Fort Wayne, IN writes:
I believe in medical marijuana and changing indianas law!
January 9, 2017
Someone from Elkhart, IN signed.
January 11, 2017
Wal D. from South Bend, IN writes:
Why raise taxes on gas and vehicle registration to fund our infrastructure, when legalizing marijuana will do so in a shorter period of time. This is an agricultural state that would benefit with more jobs with legalization. It's time for Indiana to be a leader in this movement, why wait it's inevitable. Look at the amount of taxes collected in Colorado per month.
January 14, 2017
Someone from New Palestine, IN signed.
1 week ago
Someone from Gary, IN writes:
Marijuana will not only help create jobs, help Indiana's economy, and image of Indiana. It will also help the hundreds of thousands suffering from medical conditions. Not to mention the RAPIDLY GROWING NARCOTICS PROBLEM. All in all marijuana will be a huge improvement to this state. Crime rates will lower, moral will raise, and don't even get me started on the millions, possibly billions of dollars it would bring in.
3 days ago
Frank F. from Centerpoint, IN writes:
I consent to vote to reformation of marijuana laws and to reform Indiana State laws by signing this petition to allow safe access and adult use for a better economy and health for all hoosiers
3 days ago
Someone from Muncie, IN writes:
I'm a chronic pain patient and without marijuana my only choices are addictive narcotic pain medicines. I believeven medical marijuana should be legal in Indiana. And I sing this petition to state my belief.
3 days ago
Someone from Evansville, IN writes:
Why isn't it legal yet .? Like really other states are legal and we can tax it I think its really dumb that people are against it who cares what they think im actually elgible to receive a card so it doesn't make since to me that its not legal . I don't want to take any pills for my anxiety or depression and insomnia I have back pain and loss of appetite so legalize it already what are you waiting for.?????
1 day ago
Someone from Kokomo, IN writes:
Not only will legalizing weed open new jobs here and can easily make millions in tax dollars but it also helps people. You can go and say the pharmaceutical companies will take a big blow with the legalization but if the government passed a bill legalizing weed they'd be looking at what's best for our health and still be making money.
8 hours ago
Someone from Kendallville, IN writes:
I believe reform should be made to Indiana's marijuana laws. My brother spent ages 17 through almost 30 in prison due to being tried as an adult for stealing a car with 6 friends. He kept going back to prison due to not passing drug tests for small amounts of marijuana at his probation meetings.. I had to do his kids' birthday parties. He is finally doing well in life, but he's missed a LOT. I believe our tax dollars could be spent better on other things. And our police power. Spending so much time in jail really changed my brother. He'll never be the same. All from smoking a plant which really helped with his anxiety and ADHD amd depression. Marijuana is also helpful for patients with chronic pain, cancer and AIDS.