January 27, 2014
Someone from Los Angeles, CA writes:
Stupid and dumb law. How are fathers to pay for children, if they can't get to work and keep paying for their cars to get out of impound, when they get pulled over. Really ridiculous law as you see. I just will keep driving and oh well.
January 28, 2014
Someone from San Jose, CA writes:
My husbands children are adults and if he falls behind at all child support still suspends his license. Seems like it shouldn't be allowed to haunt you for the rest of your life. there should be limits on this law.
January 28, 2014
Someone from Gardena, CA signed.
January 28, 2014
Someone from Gardena, CA signed.
January 30, 2014
Someone from Murrieta, CA signed.
January 30, 2014
Someone from Murrieta, CA signed.
January 31, 2014
Someone from Fontana, CA writes:
I pay child surpport & don't get to see my kids, but I get to pay for them or lose my license! Something has to change!
January 31, 2014
Someone from Pine Grove, CA signed.
February 3, 2014
Someone from Perris, CA signed.
February 7, 2014
Someone from Yreka, CA writes:
This law is ridiculous. I am a custodial parent and this law is just ridiculous and causes undue hardship on the non custodial parent by limiting their ability to work and/or visit their children.
February 9, 2014
Someone from Whittier, CA signed.
February 9, 2014
Someone from Whittier, CA signed.
February 13, 2014
Someone from Cypress, CA signed.
Someone from Atwater, CA writes:
Hi, This law actually cause more damage by helping people loose their jobs and than they become dependent on the state, which cause state more mony.
3 years ago
Someone from Montclair, CA signed.
3 years ago
Someone from Riverside, CA signed.
3 years ago
Someone from Fresno, CA writes:
Has anybody making this law seen the damage it can cause. I have missed interviews becasuse no license. I am loosing money everday because i do nat have a job because i could not go to interview because no license. How terrible and absolute non-sence.
February 24, 2014
Someone from Ladera Ranch, CA signed.
February 27, 2014
Someone from Suisun City, CA signed.
February 28, 2014
Someone from Visalia, CA signed.
March 1, 2014
Someone from Citrus Heights, CA writes:
This stupid law needs to go. Know too many that have a hard time working and visitation with kids due to no license because of partial payment. No right!!!!
March 5, 2014
Someone from Chowchilla, CA writes:
The state can't find my child or my child's mom and isn't even sure where my money is going. One thing is for sure, if I can't make a payment or even make a full payment my license is instantly suspended. Tonight me, my fiancé and 18 month old we're stranded with a couple belongings because I was not notified child support was suspending my license yet again. So now not only will I lose my job but I will most likely lose our vehicle. The land of opportunity is a great place.
March 5, 2014
Someone from Murrieta, CA signed.
March 13, 2014
Someone from San Bernardino, CA signed.
March 13, 2014
Someone from Yuba City, CA signed.
March 14, 2014
Someone from Bakersfield, CA writes:
I get my drivers license suspended for being one month behind but hes 17 years old really. Now I have to pay fines to the dmv too.
March 14, 2014
Someone from Bakersfield, CA writes:
3 years ago
Someone from Perris, CA signed.
March 24, 2014
Someone from Glendale, CA writes:
They make things very difficult for the NCPs. They should also reconsider the interest they are charging and also to ask for supporting documents from the CPs. Most CPs are just making things difficult and want their exes to live a living hell for them.
March 25, 2014
Someone from La Mirada, CA signed.
March 25, 2014
Someone from La Mirada, CA signed.
March 25, 2014
Someone from Mentone, CA signed.
March 26, 2014
Someone from Bellflower, CA signed.
March 26, 2014
Someone from Carson City, NV writes:
I had a really good job... now that I owe back child support ive lost my drivers license and cant get to work what the hell is this country coming to who in the hell came up with this child support law it does worse than good I guess im better off in jail thats what they want anyway it sounds like to me... those croocked bastards you call government.....loose the child support law its ******** to the hard working man....
Someone from Azusa, CA writes:
I pay my child support, job has been slow so every time they do not receive a full payment my licence gets suspended. This is so wrong. What happen to the rights of the non custodial parent!!!!!
March 27, 2014
Someone from Azusa, CA writes:
March 27, 2014
Someone from Mckinleyville, CA writes:
I have never had to deal with this but I never have understood this law. To take away a persons drivers license is pretty much taking away their livelihood.
March 29, 2014
Someone from San Diego, CA writes:
This law is not effective in its mission to encourage payment of child support. It only allows the opportunity for excuses of why payment is not received.
March 29, 2014
Someone from Paramount, CA signed.
April 1, 2014
Someone from Upland, CA signed.