3 years ago
Someone from Sonoma, CA signed.
3 years ago
Someone from Sonoma, CA signed.
Someone from San Diego, CA writes:
Suspension of driver's license should be stopped due to the lack of response of the Child Support department and causing undue separation from jobs due to license suspension
Someone from Citrus Heights, CA writes:
I can not work without a license and have a family to support. The law needs to be changed now.
Someone from Chula Vista, CA writes:
Quite franky, this law is disgusting and in-humane. Fathers have feelings too and they should have more than 150 days to learn how to deal with the fact the mother just wants a pay check. The government should appoint lawyers for these cases and make sure that it's about family first and not money. Things like this destroy people, from the father, to the child to the mother as well, they just don't see it. Our country needs more reality about life and less about greed. A reason to leave the USA, I think so!!!!!! At this point, I rather take the bus than deal with greedy mothers and an inhumane government. The mother should decide about the license, but after 3 years of no support.
3 years ago
Someone from Chula Vista, CA signed.
3 years ago
Someone from Bell, CA signed.
3 years ago
Someone from Marietta, OH signed.
Someone from Bellflower, CA writes:
suspension for class a driver license is a joke. how is a dad suppose pay child support if they take away his only means for work
Someone from Bellflower, CA writes:
Someone from La Mesa, CA writes:
This law is ludicrous. People who are at least trying to pay something and fall behind are losing their privilege to drive. This isn't right.
Someone from La Mesa, CA writes:
3 years ago
Someone from Moreno Valley, CA signed.
Someone from Moreno Valley, CA writes:
My bf can't find a job because his lic is suspended. How can he provide for his 2 sons that way? And he can't pick them up either. Its up to the moms to drop them off or he has to find rides ...not fair
3 years ago
Someone from Moreno Valley, CA signed.
Someone from Moreno Valley, CA signed.
3 years ago
Someone from Moreno Valley, CA signed.
Someone from Yorba Linda, CA writes:
I think is rediculos to do something like that to anyone so I do not agree on this law I was a single mother for many years before I got married and I never wished for my son's father any bad if you want this guys to work and pay child support let them drive to their work places it just doesnt make sense....
October 24, 2013
Someone from Pioneer, CA writes:
Parental rights are inherent and cannot be turned into a privilage by any state agency and charged a tax or fee for. The state of CA is out of its jurisdiction and will be held accountable unless this law is repealed.
October 26, 2013
Someone from El Centro, CA signed.
October 26, 2013
Someone from El Centro, CA signed.
October 26, 2013
Someone from El Centro, CA signed.
October 26, 2013
Someone from El Centro, CA signed.
October 26, 2013
Someone from El Centro, CA signed.
October 26, 2013
Someone from El Centro, CA signed.
Someone from Glendale, AZ signed.
November 2, 2013
Someone from Modesto, CA signed.
November 2, 2013
Someone from Sacramento, CA writes:
A FRIEND OF MINE CANT GET A DECEDENT JOB BECAUSE HE CANT HAVE HIS LICENSE BECAUSE OF ARREARS CHILD SUPPORT EVEN THOUGH THE CHILDREN ARE ALL GROWN NOW HAVE CHILDREN OF THEIR OWN. I UNDERSTAND THE MOTHERS NEEDED THE HELP AT THE TIME AND SOMEONE NEEDS TO PAY THE MONEY BACK THEY ALL RECEIVED THE MONEY TO CARE FOR THE CHILDREN, BUT LET THE MAN OR WOMAN FIND WORK WITH ONE OF THE QUALIFICATIONS ON JOBS IS TO HAVE A VALID DRIVERS LICENSE. I AM JUST SAYING NOT FAIR. RELEASE THE LICENSE.
November 4, 2013
Someone from Palm Springs, CA writes:
How do you expect some people who have driving jobs to have the career choice if they get the license taken away. I know child support needs to be paid but some drivers who get the license taken away can't do the job. What I'm trying to say is suspending the driver liscene is a stupid idea.
November 5, 2013
Someone from Los Gatos, CA signed.
November 5, 2013
Someone from Turlock, CA writes:
Please try to put yourselves in our shoes, I can promise that my life is next to nothing partly because of this law.
November 5, 2013
Someone from Turlock, CA writes:
November 11, 2013
Someone from Fullerton, CA signed.
November 12, 2013
Someone from Pittsburg, CA writes:
I am a 28 year old father that is struggling to pay my child support, I owe over $4500 total, I loss my job, License is suspended and I am currently trying to find work and staying positive, not being able to see my 5 year old son because he's so far away is really painful to take, its almost like no one cares about us good dads out here or about the us being in our children's life its all about the money these days. To all the good dads out there stay strong n positive regardless of how messed up this system is our kids needs us!
November 12, 2013
Someone from Tracy, CA writes:
I lost my job in May of 2013. During my 8 years there I paid my support on time and ensured my daughter had medical/dental/vision, which by the way her mother never used. Then i lost my job. I've been searching with no real luck but am looking at obtaining a job as a city bus driver. Chances look good, but now I'm told that because I'm 800.00 behind on support my license will be suspended. How is this supposed to make things better for me. If I lose my license and the city looking to hire me catches wind of it, I'm out of contention for a good job that will bendfit all parties invloved..... this law is bogus.
Someone from Tracy, CA writes:
Someone from Chula Vista, CA writes:
i don't understand how i have my kids 7 days out of every two weeks and I'm paying child support as a college student and my sons mother is just collecting while she has a good job.
Someone from Oakland, CA writes:
My ex got an illegal support order that is over 100% of my taxable income. Helped by a very bias female Judge "Tara M. Desautels". Despite the fact my X is facing nearly 50 counts of contempt of court for violating custody orders...I'm still gonna loose my license while I have to appeal the illegal decision!!!! Justice? I think not. No real penalty for mothers that are gatekeeper parents!!!!
3 years ago
Someone from Irvine, CA signed.
Someone from Desert Hot Springs, CA writes:
My husband was unemployed for a couple years causing him to accumulate quite a bit of debt in child support. Now he is trying to obtain a professional license so that he can work to support our family but due to the past due child support, he license is set to suspended in 150 days if he does not pay thousands of dollars in past due support. This law makes absolutely zero sense, if one cannot work then they cannot make payments. If they have no drivers license then they cannot get to work to even be able to make income to make payments. This law us retarded and every way you look at it & is designed to put you in morr debt plus interest.