July 26, 2013
Someone from Everett, WA signed.
July 26, 2013
Someone from Dinuba, CA signed.
Someone from Los Angeles, CA signed.
July 29, 2013
Someone from Rancho Cucamonga, CA writes:
this is not about child support, they could care less about our kids, just another way for them to make more money. GOD HELP AMERICA, PLEASE!!!
July 29, 2013
Someone from Rancho Cucamonga, CA writes:
July 30, 2013
Someone from La Mirada, CA signed.
July 31, 2013
Someone from La Puente, CA signed.
Someone from Redwood City, CA signed.
August 4, 2013
Someone from Loveland, CO signed.
August 6, 2013
Someone from Riverside, CA writes:
most jobs you have to have a drivers license even if your not driving for the employer
August 6, 2013
Someone from Riverside, CA writes:
i have tried to make arraingments for paying back so they will release my license and they refuse no matter what i do and it has caused me to be unemployed and or driving illegally,
August 8, 2013
Someone from Middletown, CA writes:
This is making my life and the children I support very difficult.
August 10, 2013
Someone from Carmichael, CA signed.
Someone from Las Vegas, NV writes:
I have been in an area that is very difficult to find work I have tried to go to other cities to find work. I have been unemployed for in total 1 year since the recession that was 5 years ago. currently I am unemployed for the last 4 months and have my wife and son to take care of and I am the only one able to work with the current situation. I have finally found a job and am expected to start in 1 week but, because I have fallen 1000 dollars behind in support dcfs is threatening to suspend my license this is completely outrageous since I rely on my cdl to work in the first place. I have explained to the case worker that I have tried finding work that didn't need my licence but no success. the one thing I have learned in my dealings with dcfs and after long and extensive research (believe me is next to impossible to find anything to help non custodial parents in there cases) dcfs, cps what ever you want to call them can not affect your working status or take away any necessary tool needed to obtain a job this is illegal for them to do and you can sue them for this. I am currently waiting for dcfs in las Vegas nv to attempt this little threat (scare tactic). I would love to pay my support for the sake of my son and could care less how my ex uses the money as long as he is healthy and taken care of in her care (she it's a great mother) regardless of how I feel about her (absolutely hate her) I will not say she is a bad mother but, those of you who were not aware of this call your lawyer or get free consultation and be sure to ask this question, "Can dcfs do this"?
August 14, 2013
Someone from Las Vegas, NV writes:
August 14, 2013
Someone from Las Vegas, NV writes:
I have been in an area that is very difficult to find work I have tried to go to other cities to find work. I have been unemployed for in total 1 year since the recession that was 5 years ago. currently I am unemployed for the last 4 months and have my wife and son to take care of and I am the only one able to work with the current situation. I have finally found a job and am expected to start in 1 week but, because I have fallen 1000 dollars behind in support dcfs is threatening to suspend my license this is completely outrageous since I rely on my cdl to work in the first place. I have explained to the case worker that I have tried finding work that didn't need my licence but no success. I am now facing the possibility of losing the only thing I have to provide for my family because a government entity has taken so much control. if there was ever a possibility of this being changed should be now with this president in office wanting to help the lower and unfortunate income class I think this will change. thus system should not be allowed to accrue fees, late charges and keep building up to the point that your in debt with dcfs so much that you are paying every red cent to them until you die, if the president wants to pull our people out of this depression and be the best president ever elected and side I'm in las Vegas senator Harry Reid wants to be remembered for making things right for every one this should be changed. we can only pray as parents on the wrong side of dcfs that this will be set right. I even once heard that "we all were created equal" then why are the non custodial parents treated as though they are the worst people because there wives decided leaving them, committing adultery on them was the best thing to do.some parents are dead beats but not all. dcfs employs an incredible amount of people and should be used to correctly investigate each individual case correctly. if this petition actually means anything to our government the representatives we voted in to represent us and defend us from enemies foreign and domestic please hear the cry of so many Americans needing your help with the unjust system of dcfs.
3 years ago
Someone from Tustin, CA signed.
3 years ago
Someone from Pico Rivera, CA writes:
This law makes no sense. It was started by angry mothers and wives of well to do men that didn't pay support. Men that were doctors and lawyers and succesfull men that were driving nice cars and had beautiful gf's and were not paying their support. Without consideration of men who were not "rich" or barely making it that had to work hard to support their obligations as a father. I could be up to date with support if my license was released. Several women, mothers too that are owed support feel the same way. Its a stupid stupid law considering the times we live in and driving is essential in our society. It amazes me how our beauracracy continues to allow new laws are doesn't go back and rewrite certain laws. Always one step ahed and two steps back. I can't even make a payment to get my license released so whhat the hell? Just release the licenses with a guideline that if not within 1 year you do not start paying and not consistant, your license will be revoked. Doesn't that make mmore sense than just holding a man down and not giving him the opportunity to right the wrong? Some of us have been unemplyeed due to recent cuts and economic times.
3 years ago
Someone from Pico Rivera, CA writes:
3 years ago
Someone from Lake Elsinore, CA signed.
3 years ago
Someone from Lake Elsinore, CA signed.
August 26, 2013
Someone from Richmond, VA signed.
August 26, 2013
Someone from Ontario, CA writes:
being afather with no income who shared 50 50 custody with a mother with little to no income. i found my self having to pay 300 dollars a month. being as i had no job that added up quick. Now owing 8000 dollars they suspended my license and even took half of my paychecks away causeing me to quit dude to woorking 8 hour shift for 4 dollars an hour, this law and others like it have basically ruined my life since i was 18. im 22 and worse off as ever
August 26, 2013
Someone from Ontario, CA writes:
August 27, 2013
Someone from Ashland, OR signed.
August 30, 2013
Someone from Atwater, CA writes:
This law has put my children under more undue hardship than it has helped.
September 2, 2013
Someone from Santa Clara, CA writes:
This law is ruining many lives. It's keeping people from getting hired for jobs they are qualified to do. It's a hardship on the children because it's taking keeping their parent from being able to find work and catch up on payments that would be helping out the moms, and it's destroying the lives of friends and girlfriends who are supporting these poor people that are caught in this situation and are stuck without income once they're unemployment runs out.
September 9, 2013
Someone from Santa Paula, CA signed.
September 9, 2013
Someone from Bakersfield, CA signed.
September 13, 2013
Someone from Oakhurst, CA signed.
Someone from Northridge, CA signed.
3 years ago
Someone from Auburn, CA writes:
This law is completely counter-productive? I can't believe it was ever created in the 1st place?
September 24, 2013
Someone from Palmdale, CA signed.
September 25, 2013
Someone from Victorville, CA signed.
September 27, 2013
Someone from Marina, CA writes:
This law makes it more difficult for fathers or mothers to pay support. Department of Child Support Services claims that they help families and children, but they do not follow their own policies and end up hurting families and children. They don't seem to have any checks and balances to hold them accountable when they do harm.
October 5, 2013
Someone from Ione, CA writes:
This is the most stupid law I have ever heard of. How can a parent work if he or she does not have a drivers license? What idiot voted for this law in the first place?
October 5, 2013
Someone from Ione, CA signed.
October 10, 2013
Someone from Chico, CA signed.
October 15, 2013
Someone from San Diego, CA writes:
I was paying my child support. still my license was suspended.
3 years ago
Someone from Sonoma, CA signed.