3 years ago
Someone from San Bernardino, CA writes:
I have been trying to get my license back so that I might be able to find work so I can payoff my child support as well as my court fees to of no avail please help me so that I can go back to being able to live
April 29, 2013
Someone from Stockton, CA writes:
This is a ridiculous law. It goes against the purpose of encouraging people to pay back child support. No driver's license = no way to drive to a job. Reverse this LAW!
3 years ago
Someone from Concord, CA signed.
3 years ago
Someone from Elk Grove, CA signed.
Someone from Marysville, CA signed.
May 25, 2013
Someone from Marysville, CA signed.
May 25, 2013
Someone from Marysville, CA signed.
May 28, 2013
Someone from Los Angeles, CA signed.
May 28, 2013
Someone from Gardena, CA signed.
May 30, 2013
Someone from Bellflower, CA writes:
TURN OVER LAW I CAN'T WORK WITHOUT A DRIVER LICENSE. SEEMS LIKE THE GOVERNMENT BENEFITS MORE THAN THE ACTUAL CHILDREN ...
May 30, 2013
Someone from Alameda, CA writes:
I am a security professional and they suspended my license and i told them if i have no license for the work i do i cannot pay child support so their has to be some leeway for fathers who are trying to pay there child support it hurts the child and affects the father ability to do more things for his child.
May 30, 2013
Someone from Anaheim, CA signed.
June 4, 2013
Someone from Sacramento, CA signed.
June 5, 2013
Someone from Carson, CA signed.
June 5, 2013
Someone from Manteca, CA signed.
June 5, 2013
Someone from Manteca, CA signed.
June 7, 2013
Someone from Madera, CA writes:
My license is being suspended because I got behind in my CS payments. I am remarried with 3 children. My wife was in a bad car accident a couple of years ago and I am the only driver for her and my kids. Why should my family have to suffer because my ex (who makes over 100K a year) wants to ruin my life. Please reverse this law. I want to work and provide for all my children. Why is quality of life not important in this situation?
June 11, 2013
Someone from Hayward, CA signed.
June 13, 2013
Someone from Los Angeles, CA writes:
I am paying 70 percent of my salary and still license is going to be suspended. Then I will lose my job and tax payers will be paying for my children. Why?
3 years ago
Someone from Santa Clarita, CA signed.
3 years ago
Someone from Kissimmee, FL signed.
3 years ago
Someone from Fontana, CA signed.
3 years ago
Someone from Fontana, CA writes:
It's unfair for young fathers who are trying so hard to get a job to pay child support and now with this law it makes it even harder, they get discouraged and feel choked by our system. I can understand if there is a father who refuses to pay any longer and can do so, then ok.. If a dead beat dad REFUSES .. Ok then let the law stand for that individual !!! Not all men who father children ARE DEAD BEAT DADS!! They should not have to suffer because of them!
3 years ago
Someone from Fontana, CA signed.
June 24, 2013
Someone from Corona, CA writes:
I am a sole custodial parent who doesn't receive a dime of child support and is well into over $100,000 of past due child support. I would be VERY upset if the day ever comes and he does get a job & cant because his lic is suspended. It hasn't gotten him to pay his support yet because of his lic. But keeping him or preventing him from accuring a job or keeping a job isnt of any help to this problem. I agree with "someone from Los Angeles" below. It will end up being tax payers who will be paying for the children if they keep making it so difficult. My current husband finally gotten a new job making a decent pay & is beig told by the dmv it may take up to a month to release his lic due to child support. Child support has a letter from his employer stating he needs his lic so he can be put on company insurance, has the employers address to send a wage garnishment to & still are of NO help. Lets hope he gets to keep this job. Its all in the hands of a css which probably is why they find it hard to help a willing father out, SO THEY CAN KEEP RACKING UP THE "INTREST" the state gets from his past due amount.
June 24, 2013
Someone from San Jose, CA writes:
I recommend a tiered basis on DL suspension. If an NCP has a good history of paying child support with no late payments in the last 12 months and loses their job at no fault of their own then DL suspension should not take effect for at least 90 days. If you are a deadbeat parent and never make payments then DL should be suspended (after the first 90 days)
June 25, 2013
Someone from Lakewood, CA writes:
A ridiculous law of which is not in the best intrest of any child. Does more negative then good. The CSS really needs a lot of reworking altogether.
June 27, 2013
Someone from Lakewood, CA signed.
June 28, 2013
Someone from Lakewood, CA signed.
June 28, 2013
Someone from Daly City, CA writes:
I need my license to get jobs and continue to work. Without a license it is very hard to find a job in my field. Without a job i can't pay child support. This is a dead end situation for fathers like myself. How is this suppose to benefit the child?
June 28, 2013
Someone from American Canyon, CA signed.
July 1, 2013
Someone from North Hollywood, CA writes:
Im about to lose my job cause they want a lump sum payment to release my lic. i make less then $1000 a month and have to take care of my other child as well. NOT RIGHT!!!!
Someone from Chicago, IL signed.
July 1, 2013
Someone from Los Angeles, CA signed.
July 12, 2013
Someone from Reno, NV writes:
My dl was suspended when i got behind a few months . Im now overpaid and cant get my license relased for 2 weeks . Im going to lose the very job that allowed me to catch up.
July 12, 2013
Someone from Reno, NV writes:
July 13, 2013
Someone from Long Beach, CA signed.
July 16, 2013
Someone from Fresno, CA writes:
Paying child support is crucial to all the children owed it...dead beat parents have the legal responsibility to their child or children. When prevented to obtain a job based upon suspension of ones drivers licenses is playing devils advocate because it prevents the dead beat parent who is willing to work to support his or her child as best as they can...this California law is doing more damage than good based on the high unemployment rate and enforcing it by not allowing the parent to work or lose a job based on it...a new process needs to be put into place
July 16, 2013
Someone from Fresno, CA writes:
July 25, 2013
Someone from Fairfield, CA signed.