October 25, 2012
Someone from Pomona, CA signed.
November 8, 2012
Someone from Los Angeles, CA signed.
November 9, 2012
Someone from Los Angeles, CA signed.
4 years ago
Someone from Los Angeles, CA signed.
December 10, 2012
Someone from Chico, CA writes:
If participants are making payments even if they are smaller then the outrageous amounts awarded these days they should not have their license suspended, this is dumb they can't go to work.
December 11, 2012
Someone from North Hollywood, CA signed.
4 years ago
Someone from San Bruno, CA writes:
it is someones prerogative to pay or not pay. there are ways for creditors to get thier money back..this law is allowing people to be cruelly punished and put into a situation that only worsens..... They allways knew this. it wold generate money. you have to pay fines to the DMV and court. if u drive on a suspended well you go to jail. how much money do they get?
4 years ago
Someone from Los Angeles, CA writes:
unfair law which does not help
4 years ago
Someone from Sacramento, CA writes:
Does the Child Support System understand that most jobs require a Driver License for employment verification reasons? My boyfriend was offered a job and once they found out his Driver License was suspended they wouldn?t hire him. The system works against fathers that in fact wants to get jobs and are frowned upon because an employer won?t hire them with a suspended license on their record. They asked these fathers to pay a lump sum in order to get their license back; where are they supposed to get this magic money? Not everyone has relatives or friends that will loan them money. By punishing these good fathers (not dead beat dads) they are punishing the children; everyone loses in this scenario! Please help.
4 years ago
Someone from Salton City, CA signed.
January 1, 2013
Someone from Richmond, VA writes:
how can a dad who drives truck get a job? what if he gets in a wreck and misses 1 or 2 payments or gets laid off? how do you expect him to get back to work they should at least be given a work restriction
January 3, 2013
Someone from El Monte, CA writes:
Once again, our goverment lack of leadship doesn't understand the needs of family.
Someone from Turlock, CA signed.
January 9, 2013
Someone from Lancaster, CA writes:
I TRIED TO TALK TO THESE PEOPLE WITH COMMON SENSE AGAIN AND AGAIN. THEY HAVE NO CLUE HOW THIS AFFECTS US WITH EMPLOYMENT.
January 11, 2013
Someone from Lakewood, CA writes:
Dcfs became involved in mycase and my ex and should have been billed only half the total bill. However we were both charged the full amount. I've not been able to get a ligit job for about 15yrs
January 11, 2013
Someone from Lakewood, CA writes:
January 14, 2013
Someone from Lake Hughes, CA writes:
i have had my son for 4 years i dont owe current i just owe backs but i still cant get my c.a. DL i thank we as fathers we should have the righht to feed our kids you really cant do much with out a DL
January 14, 2013
Someone from Bakersfield, CA signed.
4 years ago
Someone from Willows, CA writes:
How can they expect us to pay child support without a driver's license to get to work? Absolutely pointless
January 25, 2013
Someone from Red Bluff, CA writes:
I have half custody of 3 my 3 boys. They live w me half the time.im not supposed to pay support of any kind as to the devorce orders. However she continues to go on welfare in return they want me to pay and took my lisence. Now homeless jobless and been thrown in jail a few times due to not being able to drive. I cant get my kids to and from school. I cant get them to wresling practice or tournys. I have no money ive been dep and now suffer from major anziety from.this crap. Its wrong i am not a dead beat dad.. Can anybody help?!?!?!
January 25, 2013
Someone from Red Bluff, CA writes:
January 29, 2013
Someone from Torrance, CA writes:
This law prevents fathers who are trying to help their children from doing so. How can my husband help his son's mother if he can't work. He can't work because he can't get a Drivers License. It's a ridiculous catch 22. It is hurting far more than it is helping anyone - especially the children involved in these situations.
January 30, 2013
Someone from Auburn, CA writes:
This law is counter productive? Please, set laws that actually make sense.
February 1, 2013
Someone from Henderson, NV signed.
February 7, 2013
Someone from El Cajon, CA writes:
I agree this has caused so much hardship in my life, that its depressing just thinking about it. We already have our passport revoked and can't get one. They treat us worse than Felony criminals.
February 9, 2013
Someone from San Leandro, CA signed.
February 13, 2013
Someone from Miami, FL writes:
How can civil obedience/patriotism be expected in the eyes of an abusive government? U.S. enacted laws are supposed to be fair, i.e. abide by the U.S. Constitution. This is what differentiates the U.S. from dictatorship governments. Ironically, with the enactment of Dictator Bill Clinton?s Barbaric Dead Beat Fathers Act the U.S. has fast become a dictatorship in itself! Such enforcement efforts of this barbaric, bullying, medieval era minded act are counterproductive and stupid!, i.e. suspension of drivers/occupational license, abusive credit reporting, denial of passport, arrests, adjudication, criminalization and incarceration actually destroy employment as well as employment prospects for the non custodial parent. PARENTS ARE NOT CRIMINALS! WHY CAN?T WE LIVE WITHOUT ABUSIVE GOVERNMENT CONTROL? This barbaric act even punishes U.S. Soldiers or Veterans who have risked, laid down, and lost their lives for this abusive country. Bill Clinton or Barack Obama could give a rats butt after all, neither have served in the military! Incarceration is the biggest burden on the tax payer, not your so called dead beat parent! It cost 30k to 70k per annum to incarcerate a person. What?s more is that more than two thirds of most states fiscal budget is attributed towards the cost of incarceration and this doesn?t include the fiscal budget for the federal dept of corrections! CIVIL DISOBEDIENCE IS HONORABLE IN THE FACE OF GOVERNMENT ABUSE! We shall overcome the BARBARIC, BULLYING, MEDIEVAL ERA MINDED CLINTONOMICS DEAD BEAT FATHERS ACT, SO WE PRAY!
4 years ago
Someone from Chula Vista, CA writes:
I Work in the IT field as a IT Technician If this law is removed I could work more. I get IT projects offers that consistently require I have a Valid Drivers license. With this law in place I can only take stationary Projects instead of Projects that I can travel to. I want to pay off my child support But!, I have to take limited Projects instead of working all year round this forces me into a part time position. What even worst is being told by child support you have to make 4 payments at one time to get your license suspension cleared, and that's even if I have been working on a project and paying current child support they say they require 4 months of payments at one time to clear the license suspension. That just wrong I have been trying for what seems like for ever to get some help on this. Please! FIX this unlawful mess. And of the revenue side for the state of California lose so much money by keeping drivers from renewing their licenses every 2 years because of this MORONIC unlawful passing of this law by child support. Just a thought Here! I have even been arrested by child support for not paying when I was actually working and paying child support from wage garnishment (had to bring proof to court two weeks later when they finally decided to put me on the court calender) to have some stupid person come from child support to confirm that I have been paying. loss of time off work and all I got is a stupid apology.
February 25, 2013
Someone from Grand Terrace, CA signed.
March 7, 2013
Someone from Las Vegas, NV writes:
The suspension of driver's license law the California Child Support Division enforces, is causing hardship for the non-cunstodial parent's. I understand this laws was enforced for that of deadbeat "father's". But this law is causing more loss of jobs, than it is inspiering that of deadbeat dad's. this law needs to be reconsiderd, or even revoked from the bill of the United State Senate.
March 11, 2013
Someone from Bellflower, CA signed.
March 13, 2013
Someone from Bellflower, CA writes:
My drivers license is suspended as well, My son is lives out of the country on top of that im on GR and they still wont release my license. Im also an electricain and need my license to work in order to make my payments... Im lost this has caused me a hardship.
4 years ago
Someone from San Diego, CA writes:
Can we make life any more difficult for those trying to do the right thing???
March 26, 2013
Someone from Stevinson, CA writes:
I was homeless for the first 2 years ofmy daughters life. I fell behind $8000 in child support. My license was suspended for 5 years due to past fines. I finally got caught up and paid all that off so I could get a job to pay my child support. I am a garage door installer and could easily get a great paying job to support myself and my family, with my experience. The job requires a drivers license. A week after I finally got my license back., that I worked so hard for, it gets taken away and suspended again due to child support. Now im stuck in a situation where I need a license to get a job and a job to get a license. I've become very depressed and suicidal and have given up all hope on any way of getting back on track because this law has held me down so much.
March 30, 2013
Someone from Bakersfield, CA signed.
April 5, 2013
Someone from Sunland, CA writes:
The one thing that shouldn't be touched is the person's ability to make money. A driver's license is a necessity to make money. You might as well charge them to kill themselves because of the debt they can accumulate from not having a car to get a job. It's insane to me. If my mother would've enforced Child Support, my dad would'nt be the wonderful guy that he is today. He is a wonderful success now. If I ever need money he is always there for me. But if my mom did what so many others do, then I would have a deadbeat dad that I would have to help out so that he doesn't shoot himself... that's just undue stress.
April 9, 2013
Someone from Los Angeles, CA signed.
April 9, 2013
Someone from Ontario, CA signed.
April 13, 2013
Someone from Inglewood, CA signed.
3 years ago
Someone from Culver City, CA writes:
Convicted child molesters have more rights than me when they get out of prison. I was married to an abusive man. He kicked me to the curb when I had a tumor the size of a football growing on my right ovary. I had no family, no education and no job to fall back on. I was homeless and he came after me for child support. I was in and out of mental hospitals because of the grief and depression I felt from missing my daughter. Couple that with the shame I felt for being called a dead beat mother. All this time, my abusive ex husband continued to harass me. I have no driver license and people judge me every time they pull my credit while my ex-husband sits pretty with his fourth wife, who he also beats, looking like a good guy on paper. PLEASE RECONSIDER THIS LAW!!!!!!!!!!! It's just not fair. My life was ruined by it and my daughter never got to know me because of these ridiculous child support laws. How is it that a child molester can drive and travel to Thailand with a passport, but I cannot??? Seriously, where is the leadership?