December 26, 2011
Someone from Rancho Cordova, CA writes:
What does paying your bills have to do with driving? its hard to pay bills without driving around,,,plus who gonna pick your kids up?
January 25, 2012
Someone from Chino, CA signed.
February 5, 2012
Someone from Barstow, CA writes:
ITS MY OWN PERSONAL EXPERIENCE THAT WATCHING PEOPLE WHO GET THEIR DRIVERS LICENSES TAKEN FROM THEM HAVE NO WAY TO GET AROUND TO EVEN GET A JOB,BUT THEY HAVE TO PAY CHILD SUPPORT ,THIS ONLY IS DEFEATING THE PURPOSE OF IT ALL... SOUNDS TO ME THIS LAW IS ITS OWN WORST ENEMY I SAY STOP SUSPENEDING DRIVERS LICENSE AND WATCH WHAT THEN TAKE PLACE \
February 5, 2012
Someone from Las Vegas, NV signed.
March 8, 2012
Someone from Henderson, NV signed.
March 9, 2012
Someone from La Mirada, CA signed.
5 years ago
Someone from Downey, CA signed.
5 years ago
Someone from Rancho Cordova, CA writes:
My Driver license is suspended due to Oweing Child Support. I inform them I had a Pending SSDI Application pending-which it states on their system; But they continue to withold my license. I'm not able to make dr appointments nor pick up my medication. I'm not able to do Anything. It's not right!!!
March 26, 2012
Someone from Canby, OR signed.
March 30, 2012
Someone from Truckee, CA signed.
4 years ago
Someone from Modesto, CA signed.
4 years ago
Someone from Modesto, CA signed.
4 years ago
Someone from Las Vegas, NV signed.
4 years ago
Someone from Las Vegas, NV signed.
April 27, 2012
Someone from San Diego, CA signed.
May 13, 2012
Someone from Santa Rosa, CA signed.
May 15, 2012
Someone from Paradise, CA writes:
I have payed Child Suport for over 20 years, attaching my wadges was fine, but to take 50% of my disposal income..this caused more problems .(could not afford to Register or insure my truck) resulting in Ticket after Ticket..it started a snow-ball effect.#1 I loose my job due to no transportation..now without a job..i loose my house, this puts me in the streets (Homeless)...so as of today my kids 1 is 20 and the other is 26..and the support oder is still asking me to pay current and back support...this is a long complicated deal...I dont understand how this law helps anyone..if any thing it will turn you into a "Dead-Beat-Dad) and Homeless...Isnt this a defamation of caricter? and slander?
June 28, 2012
Someone from Stockton, CA writes:
I fell for all you that has fall on though times,now my license is on the chopping block due to my job loss denide for EDD now I have no sorce of income trying to find a job with no luck.I never missed a payment always been on time,oh I foregot to mention I'm a commercial driver,so to step on me and call me a dead-beat-dad and take my license away to hell with you a-hole we'll see when its you on the other end when your up for relection.Good luck to all sorry if I offended anyone
July 3, 2012
Someone from Santee, CA writes:
Lets face it a lot of women are free with sex and and sleep around alot. The problem is that when the women gets pregnant and the non father gets stuck with the bill. This should be illegal but in California thats tough you have to pay. I think the bill needs to be repealed and the women that have done this need to pay the men back.
July 13, 2012
Someone from Victorville, CA signed.
August 7, 2012
Someone from Wickenburg, AZ signed.
August 10, 2012
Someone from Sacramento, CA signed.
August 11, 2012
Someone from Paramount, CA signed.
4 years ago
Someone from Costa Mesa, CA writes:
This is a stupid law that actually prevents a father from earning an income to pay child support, never have I seen a more self defeating law than this!
4 years ago
Someone from Huntington Beach, CA signed.
4 years ago
Someone from Desoto, TX signed.
August 24, 2012
Someone from Bloomington, CA signed.
August 26, 2012
Someone from Henderson, NV writes:
I have multiple disabilities after serving this great nation for 17 years. I have paid California since 1992 and because of license suspension I will loose my insurance and can't make my treatment appointments at the VA. Is this anyway to treat a Veteran?
August 26, 2012
Someone from San Diego, CA writes:
August 31, 2012
Someone from San Diego, CA writes:
this is the most ridiculous penalty how does he support himself much less make his payments without transport to his job help
4 years ago
Someone from San Diego, CA writes:
Quote from Los Angeles DA, "My primary concern is complying with Federal Law."
4 years ago
Someone from Burney, CA writes:
Its sad when you lose your job because of a poor economy, are forced to live in your car because you cant pay rent, so you have no mailbox, then next thing you know..... BOOM!!! no license because you cant pay child support for a child you have never even seen. this system needs serious reform.
September 25, 2012
Someone from Tulare, CA signed.
September 26, 2012
Someone from Barstow, CA signed.
September 27, 2012
Someone from Los Angeles, CA signed.
September 27, 2012
Someone from Ashland, OR signed.
September 30, 2012
Someone from Rialto, CA signed.
October 2, 2012
Someone from Los Angeles, CA signed.
October 7, 2012
Someone from Sacramento, CA signed.
October 10, 2012
Someone from Grass Valley, CA writes:
I have been paying my child support now for a close to 4 years and they suspended my license for my back child support and soon since I won't have a license I will lose my job and my kids will not get their child support. Not to mention when I went to mediation they reduced my child support and we're supposed to take the interest off of what I owed and they never did causing me to owe interest on interest which is now 99,000 dollars in child support when it should only be 25,000 dollars. Thank you Santa Clara county DA.