7 years ago
Someone from Cathedral City, CA signed.
April 15, 2010
Someone from Crestline, CA writes:
TAKING SOMEONE LICENSE IS DEFEATING THE PURPOSE OF TRYING TO GET AHEAD FOR BOTH PARENT AND CHILD, THIS HAS TURNED INTO A THIRD WORLD COUNTRY
Someone from Crestline, CA writes:
THIS TAKING OF A LICENSE IS SO UNFAIR TO A PERSON WHO HAS NO CRIMINAL RECORD OR BAD DRIVING RECORD. NOT EVERYONE IS A DEADBEAT LIKE THE CHILD SUPPORT SYSTEM THINKS. ITS NOT MY FAULT THAT THE ECONOMY HAS NO WORK TO OFFER ME ESPECIALLY WHEN IVE WORKED MY ASS OFF FOR THE PASSED 30 YRS DOING DRYWALL FINISH. I REALISE IT TAKES 2 TO TANGO, BUT WHEN UR TRYING TO PAY AT LEAST HALF OR MORE EACH MONTH AND UR LICENSE IS STILL TAKEN AWAY HOW UN- AMERICAN THIS HAS TURNED OUT TO UR FELLOW PEOPLE IN THIS STATE. IT JUST NOT RIGHT TO HAVE SOMEONE LOSE EVERYTHING THE CAR THERE FREEDOM, WHEN THERE TRYING TO MAKE IT RIGHT. CHILD SUPPORT SYSTEM MOST CONCERN IS THE O MIGHTY DOLLAR, AND NOT HEARING ABOUT EXCUSES FROM PEOPLE ABOUT THE ECONOMY PROBLEMS. SORRY BUT THIS IS HOW I FEEL.
April 28, 2010
Someone from Santa Clara, UT writes:
Divorce caused me to fall into a deep depression. I could not mentally fight back. The child support payments were set too high! The first year I was to pay $6,000 a month. I made those payments for a year but after that year I found myself living in a trailer and behind on all the bills. I had only made $65,000 the year of the divorce.I went further into depression. I lost my job,dream house(I built it),cars, boat and all my possessions including my family. Her boyfriend enjoyed them. It has been over 10 years. There are no kids at home. Now my drivers license is suspended. I still don't have credit or a job.I went to work force and asked for financial help. The Mexican lady laughed saying to her fellow worker that I didn't qualify because I had a truck. The bank just didn't find it to repossess yet. What did I do for a living? I was a leader that helped make weapons of mass destruction.The kind that keep us free. ya, that's right free(ha! ha!)
6 years ago
Someone from Capitola, CA writes:
The child support order was created on May 18, 2010. On June 12, 2010 the child support people put an order to suspend my license. The ink should dry after 30 days but it drys on the day of the order.
March 4, 2011
Someone from Sacramento, CA writes:
This is a very hard time , No jobs , i am a tradesman electrician non -union so no work for the little guy , unemployment is gone , now they are after my license , this will cause me to lose time on my visitations that i have always kept, not to mention getting back and forth looking for work and going to school , state fees, court fees, plus arrearges, then add interest, , this is why people give up , the system seems to be desighned to break you down and take away any hope .something needs to be changed with this system, I should have stayed with my cheating , abusive , drug addict ex-wife is the message im getting or maybe born a woman., then id atleast get a fair shake.
May 6, 2011
Someone from Campbell, CA signed.
May 12, 2011
Someone from Red Bluff, CA signed.
May 30, 2011
Someone from Indio, CA writes:
There is no upside to this law, it is punitive and caused me to be homeless...
June 9, 2011
Someone from Torrance, CA signed.
June 13, 2011
Someone from West Sacramento, CA writes:
How do you expect people to go to work without a Driver License. Your program just not working out. I am a Contractor
5 years ago
Someone from Oceanside, CA signed.
5 years ago
Someone from San Diego, CA signed.
June 29, 2011
Someone from Compton, CA signed.
July 13, 2011
Someone from Salinas, CA writes:
This is an extreme debilitating action going in the wrong direction!
Someone from Corona, CA writes:
I have 5 kids by 3 different women At one time i had 5 counties after me for support.Most of the time my orders were more than my income.Now I have been sick for almost a year and they have suspended my license twice in a year.I have gottin sick because of worry and stress because I cant find a job because Im 56 years old.I have sold everything I own and I owe 100.000 thousand dollars for Kids that are 33 30 24 23 21 I am suisidal needless to say
August 5, 2011
Someone from Mountain View, CA signed.
August 15, 2011
Someone from Campbell, CA writes:
This is not good for anyone. im a contractor I owe 4,000.00 dollars and sccc has take my contractor lic.13 time in the last 14 month I pay every month something and have my kids 3/4 of the time. Someone need to pull there head out ... REAL HARD TO WORK WITH YOU CONTRACTOR LIC. ON HOLD
August 30, 2011
Someone from Tacoma, WA signed.
September 4, 2011
Someone from San Diego, CA signed.
September 4, 2011
Someone from San Diego, CA writes:
This law is doing more hurt than help. If your licence is suspended, you will not get a job, and if you have a job your going to lose it,GARANTEED...Most dads are not deadbeats, it's hard enough out here trying to satisfy these angry mothers that file child suport out of spite. lets be fair and get this bill revoke. thanks for listening.
September 12, 2011
Someone from Buena Park, CA signed.
Someone from Oakley, CA writes:
This is great for people that do not pay their child support, but they are using it on people that do and may have had a lay off and are trying to get on their feet. Why punish people doing the right thing?
Someone from Apache Junction, AZ writes:
I have 4 kids, 3 from a previous marriage, 1 from my ex boyfriend. My ex boyfriend pays but my ex husband doesn't. I honestly wish he did but if he ever had a drivers license I wouldn't want it suspended. How can anyone pay there child support if they can't even get to work. Some people say ride the bus, that takes forever. If you have that option utilize it, but there aren't any in most small towns. there isn't one where I live. My ex Husband actually asked me why my ex boyfriend wasn't paying more when he hasn't paid a penny since the divorce. I do feel that it should be revoked, my current boyfriend lost his license in California for non payment of his child support. His kids are 22 and 24. He has to rely on others to get to work so they will lift the suspension. Money is what makes the world go around, but we shouldn't use our kids for our own financial gain. I have friends in Arizona, one in particular is paying like $850 a month for 1 child and he makes like $13 an hour. That's totally crazy! Repeal the law and give these people back there lives and licenses!
September 29, 2011
Someone from Llano, CA signed.
October 14, 2011
Someone from Los Angeles, CA writes:
they also took away my occupational license there by making it impossible to gain employment in my field of work this is absolutely bull******i cant drive i cant work and they want me to pay .....HOW!!!!!!!!!!
October 25, 2011
Someone from Kelseyville, CA writes:
As a auto mechanic this law keeps me displaced from employment. Employers are unable to hire any employee that can not be covered with their insurance carrier.
October 25, 2011
Someone from Kelseyville, CA writes:
I am glad to see that Im not the only one that agrees with this.
Someone from Sacramento, CA writes:
Having been that young divorced mother needing child support, to growing up, raising my son, seeing him now in this situation, it makes me sad. Fathers/men need their drivers licenses. Let them work! Let them drive otherwise how can they support/visit/bond with their children? Do no punish them by taking their driving priviledges away.
Someone from Roseville, CA writes:
My friend now finds it almost impossible to get his license since he has been stopped and cited several times for the suspended driver's license on his way to jobs which then caused him to lose these jobs that public transportation didn't serve. Hasn't found work now for approximately five years. He just wanted to work to support his child support obligations which are now accumlating into the thousands of dollars.
Someone from Redding, CA writes:
Father's need their drivers licenses to work and support their kids. Please have some mercy.
Someone from Rancho Cordova, CA writes:
If you take away a father's driving priviledge you curtail his ability to make good on his due payments. BAD idea.
Someone from Alameda, CA writes:
Our economy is in the pooper. I've known so-called deadbeat dads who love and want to provide for their children, but no longer have the means to pay. I'm married to one of them and believe, he does not want his child to go without. The law has made both of our lives difficult. We are struggling to keep our small business afloat...I have to drive every day to pick him up after finishing up with my own full time job. Meanwhile he gets nasty threatening phone calls from the child support office and there is no reasoning with these people. They assume anyone who doesn't pay is slime. They threaten to take the money out of the business...that would shut us down. Where has common sense gone?
Someone from Waterford, CA writes:
This should not affect people who are TRYING to work and make their payments.
Someone from Brentwood, CA writes:
This is ludicrous.
5 years ago
Someone from Loomis, CA signed.
December 2, 2011
Someone from Newport Beach, CA writes:
this law forces one who loses their job to give up hope, it forces one to take a lower paying job, or even get fired from the new job as soon as css orders a wio! we need to revamp this system. i say make it MANDATORY each parent shares 50%/50% custudy then the problems wouldn't be such a hardship on ALL parties.
December 4, 2011
Someone from Reseda, CA signed.
December 5, 2011
Someone from Hollister, CA writes:
I NEED MY DRIVER LICENCE
5 years ago
Someone from Oceanside, CA signed.