309 Public Comments So Far

Bienvenido B. from Mandeville, LA writes:
This law is extremely important, and is a much-needed reform of the National Guard Dual Status Technician program. I urge you to reject any request by NGB, AUGUS, NGAUS, and the CoG to repeal Sec. 1053.
October 3, 2016
Someone from Freeland, MI signed.
Someone from Lisle, IL signed.
October 3, 2016
Joe M. from Edgewood, NM signed.
October 3, 2016
Travis K. from Stockton, CA signed.
October 3, 2016
Brian M. from Montgomery, IL signed.
October 3, 2016
Eric B. from Joliet, IL signed.
October 3, 2016
Ja'net V. from Escalon, CA signed.
October 3, 2016
Someone from Romeoville, IL signed.
Frederick H. from Elmhurst, IL writes:
The rules that govern the dual-status military technician program have not been changed for many years there is no need for a dual status in these positions
October 3, 2016
Someone from Box Elder, SD signed.
October 3, 2016
edward p. from Grayling, MI signed.
Bonnie M. from Jacksonville, AR writes:
I have served my country for 36 years as well as the Federal Government for 31 years. Both have been extremely beneficial to me and has provided me with a comfortable living. If I were to become Title 5 I would not leave the Reserve but remain because my duty to my country is a two-fold mission and I am a public servant in both capacities. However I would like the option that when I reach the age of 60 a mere 6 years from now, I can remain in my Federal Career and continue to serve my country in a civilian capacity just as I fully served my country for what will be total of 42 years upon reaching age 60. Becoming a Title 5 does not mean "jumping ship" and leaving my military service at this point however it does mean giving me full due protection processes and benefits that are guaranteed to other Federal employes and more so because I served in a dual status and to deny myself and others our full due process protections because of a political power struggle or for any other reason that is not in the Technician's best interest is quite unfair. Thank you
October 3, 2016
Marcus M. from Albuquerque, NM signed.
October 3, 2016
Richard H. from Rainier, WA signed.
Steven P. from Ontario, CA writes:
Please, we need this! We lose great employees due to injury or illness that the Guard deems to be unfit for the military. If I were to fall into this category, I could still do my day job even though I could no longer be a soldier. This is good for morale and for the force. Why lose qualified, trained technicians due to someone that has failed a PT test, or does not meet height/weight standards that are outdated? It also gives employees like myself an option to retire from the Guard at 20 years but retain a career and income.
October 3, 2016
Byron B. from Destrehan, LA signed.
October 3, 2016
Byron B. from Destrehan, LA signed.
Someone from Eastover, SC writes:
Title 5 is cheaper on the tax payers, gives 20+ year technicians more options with their families and life and definitely will improve moral. In no way will this Act affect readiness to this country at 20%.
October 3, 2016
Brian C. from Lafitte, LA signed.
Kelby B. from New Orleans, LA writes:
Don't repeal an opportunity to keep experienced technicians to train Guardsman.
Christopher C. from Raleigh, NC writes:
In a time when we need as many people employed, this will open up many opportunities for Dual Status to stay employed longer with their current line of work. If a soldier medically separates from the Uniform Service, or if there is a drawn down of Uniformed Personnel, the Dual Status Technician has to leave the Technician program. This act allows him or her to stay and collect a retirement and still continue to work as a Title 5 tech. I want to stay employed as long as I can in any capacity. I love what I do.
October 3, 2016
Christopher C. from Raleigh, NC signed.
October 3, 2016
Jacob B. from Marysville, CA signed.
October 3, 2016
Catherine C. from Tinley Park, IL signed.
James S. from Deerfield, MI writes:
Please don't repeal ! I am a medically retired technician due to injury or illness due to my tours of duty in Iraq . I could not keep my job as a tech because I was not fit for my military duties. I was still able to work but because we have to have our military status to keep our job as a title 32 technician I lost my employment along with many others....
October 3, 2016
Maryah O. from Ward, AR signed.
Robert D. from Springfield, IL signed.
October 3, 2016
Edgar G. from Oak Lawn, IL signed.
October 3, 2016
Roberta C. from Zanesville, OH signed.
October 3, 2016
Someone from Chicago, IL signed.
Stafford R. from Violet, LA writes:
This will help me continue to take care of my family. Once my military service is over my job as a tech end also no matter whose decision it is.
October 3, 2016
Steven A. from Woodland, CA signed.
Kenneth B. from Alto, MI writes:
As a Technician and M-day side, having Techs on the FERS retirement plan (retire at age 55-60), and M-day at 20 years (age 37-47), there is in inherent time where technicians get stacked up at higher ranks, which prevent other, sometimes better soldiers who have chosen other civilian careers, from getting promoted. Title 5 allows a 20yr vet to retire from the Guard and retain his civilian job, which allows other soldiers to get promoted.
William P. from Cabot, AR signed.
October 3, 2016
Randy M. from Sacramento, CA signed.
October 3, 2016
Someone from Cissna Park, IL signed.
October 3, 2016
William H. from Baton Rouge, LA signed.
October 3, 2016
Tyler M. from Sacramento, CA signed.
Ryan C. from Stockton, CA signed.