Someone from Ypsilanti, MI writes:
The price of a life saving or sustaining medication is insane and should not be.
August 25, 2016
Someone from Bonner Springs, KS signed.
Someone from Stanton, NE writes:
What is really sad is when your daughter needs the ER at the beginning of the year, you have now met your deductible but have a huge hospital bill instead. She's almost 19 - how is she going to be able to afford her insurance and her insulin and pump supplies when she is on her own? The increase amount in the 5 years since diagnosis is astounding and totally uncalled for!
Someone from Halethorpe, MD writes:
I have relied on insulin for 37 years. I was diagnosed at 8 years old. We (diabetics) should not have to pay outrageous amounts of money for a drug that keeps us alive. Please help!
Someone from Saint Albans, WV writes:
My son has to have insulin multiple times a day to live. People shouldn't die or have their blood glucose levels running high because they can't afford the meds needed to live and stay healthy!!!
August 25, 2016
Someone from Tifton, GA signed.
August 25, 2016
Someone from Huntsville, AL signed.
August 25, 2016
Someone from Cookeville, TN signed.
August 25, 2016
Someone from Sheridan, WY signed.
August 25, 2016
Someone from Buckhannon, WV signed.
August 25, 2016
Someone from Madison, WI signed.
August 25, 2016
Someone from Temple, TX signed.
Someone from Buffalo, NY writes:
I did not choose to have Type 1 diabetes. I was not obese, an unhealthy eater and no, there is no way for me to get rid of it. Without insulin, I'll die. I should not have to choose between food and slow death or insulin. We cannot absorb the costs of a disease we were born with and we need help before that is our reality.
Someone from Wichita, KS writes:
My life is not for profit!
Someone from Fargo, ND writes:
People in the US should not have to chose between affording medicine or food. Yet it happens everyday. Type 1 diabetics need insulin to stay alive, it's not a choice. The rising costs of healthcare are making it unaffordable for thousands of Americans. Someone should not have to go bankrupt just trying to stay alive.
Someone from Duvall, WA writes:
Lifesaving medication should be available to everyone, not just rich people. Pharmaceutical reform needs to happen in the US!!
August 25, 2016
Someone from Philadelphia, PA signed.
August 25, 2016
Someone from Mount Vernon, MO signed.
August 25, 2016
Someone from Wausau, FL signed.
Someone from La Porte, IN writes:
I have personally battled with the choice of my medication over food for my children. And it was not easy. A person, and a parent should never have too chose between food or shelter or medicine to stay alive. I cannot go without insulin for more than an hour. Yet I have to pay more than my families monthly rent for a months worth of my insulin. As a diabetic, why is my life not worth maintaining for my young children's sakes. To them, diabetes means nothing. So why does my disease have to mean only dollar signs to drug manufacturers?
August 25, 2016
Someone from Waskom, TX signed.
Someone from Mesa, AZ writes:
My son is 4 years old. He was diagnosed 4/25/2016 and will turning 5 on 9/30/16. This will be a long and constant struggle his entire life. What 4 year old do you know, has death lurking around him, waiting for a slip up? The truth of the matter is, there are cold, heartless, profit before conscience/humanity people and companies that make billions a year, stringing along as many innocent people they can find. It's extortion at the most disgusting, most vile level. No one asks for this to happen, it's not a bad choice someone made and now has to deal with the consequences. These are infants, children, teens, adults, and seniors that are being flat out held to ransom. "Pay what we say, or your loved one dies." How would you react? How would you handle this threat to your child's life?
August 25, 2016
Someone from Union Church, MS signed.
August 25, 2016
Someone from Brick, NJ signed.
August 25, 2016
Someone from Brooklyn, NY signed.
August 25, 2016
Someone from Tifton, GA signed.
August 25, 2016
Someone from Minneapolis, MN signed.
August 25, 2016
Someone from Eastpoint, FL signed.
Someone from North Platte, NE writes:
I have two wonderful little girls who are both type 1 insulin dependent.
August 25, 2016
Someone from Horn Lake, MS signed.
August 25, 2016
Someone from Myrtle Beach, SC signed.
August 25, 2016
Someone from Washington, DC signed.
August 25, 2016
Someone from Layton, UT signed.
August 25, 2016
Someone from Northridge, CA signed.
August 25, 2016
Someone from Ottawa, IL signed.
Someone from Jackson, MS writes:
Insulin or mortgage payment should never be a decision anyone should have to make.
August 25, 2016
Someone from Wilmington, DE signed.
August 25, 2016
Someone from Raleigh, NC signed.
August 25, 2016
Someone from Vail, AZ signed.
Someone from Seattle, WA writes:
My T1D's insulin has tripled in price since her diagnosis at the age of 5 (now 16). I worry for her future of being able to afford this when she sets out on her own.