Someone from Spokane, WA writes:
I am a foster parent, and like so many others who are part of the system am afraid to speak openly. we have seen reprisals for speaking out in the past. I had a cousin by marriage enter the foster system and the worker failed to do a diligent search for family members with whom they could place. They could have placed with many members of her step family who included us, current foster parents, my parents, CPS workers in another county, my sister, a Washington state firefighter, and my uncle and aunt who are both corrections workers in Oregon. They were placed with an unrelated foster home and then when we found out that she was in foster care and said we would like to take her the Spokane CPS worker said that she "didn't feel like moving them." She was returned to their dad for a while so we didn't worry about it, but when her dad died she was again returned to the same foster parents. We tried to be included in case planning and formally requested placement we were treated like we were horrible people for doing this. The excuse for not placing with us was that her sister had made an uninvestigated claim of molestation against my uncle (her step-grandfather). He had never even been to our house and no charges were ever filed but we were excluded from further meetings and the random foster parents were allowed to adopt her.
4 years ago
Someone from Everett, WA signed.
June 25, 2012
Someone from Gardena, CA writes:
DCFS IS A CORRUPTED DEPARTMENT. THERES NO EXCUSE FOR THE PAIN THEY HAVE CAUSED ME AND THE CHILD THAT I LOVE SO DEARLY.
June 26, 2012
Someone from Arlington, WA signed.
July 3, 2012
Someone from Palmdale, CA signed.
July 3, 2012
Someone from Yelm, WA signed.
July 6, 2012
Someone from Bellflower, CA signed.
July 6, 2012
Someone from Bellflower, CA signed.
July 6, 2012
Someone from Port Orchard, WA signed.
July 9, 2012
Someone from Otis Orchards, WA writes:
I've had my granchildren most of their lives. The oldest one is almost ten. I moved back to Spokane 7 months ago. My brother who lives in Hayden Lake is ****ed off at my daughter made calls to cps with false alligations, took cps into my home( not his) while I was out of town with my grandkids for a job interview. Parked at the school bus stop and told parents that did not even know him that my fiance was a child molester and that I was using drugs and other lies just to get even with my daughter. I had nothing to do with the problem between the two. Cps took my grandchildren. He is a convicted felon and has a long criminal background. He's not supposed to be in possesion of fire arms, I reported him to alcohol tabacco and fire arms and they have done nothing. He at least got a trial for his crimes...what did my grandchildren get but to be taken away from grandma who loves them with all my heart . I have spent all these years raising them to be upstanding citizens. Cps sent two officers out to my home and wanted them to take the kids but both officers felt the kids were fine and not in any danger and it was his decision to make. He told my grandson that he was not going to take them. The following day the cps worker went in front of a judge with a list of alligations some of which I already proved to her were false got him to sigh it and then four different officers and two cps workers swarmed at my home like they were looking for a murder and told my grandchildren from me. They would not even let me give my little grandughter a hug. I was raised with good family values and morals. My brother who has no respect for the law or other peoples property and spent most of his life behind bars and thats the voice cps listened too.
Someone from Petersburg, IL writes:
Dcfs and catholic charaties have my grandkids in foster care. They have had them for all most 2 years. My tw grandsons has been molested while in foster care,have a feeling that my youngest granddaughter has also been molested while in foster care,she is 3. I aske4d for the kids before they was removed from my daughters house due to her being depressed. They told me I have no rights to my grandkids and they wouldnt even consider placeing them with me. I have been in their lives since the day they was born. Have helped with them any time they needed me to help. They told me in a meeting that since I am a recovering alcoholic of 2o years that (I am a bad person and dont deserve to have them. Then they told me that it is a problem for me to even thnk that I need to have my grandkids in my life. I shouldnt want them in my life. I have petitioned the courts. Catholic charaties have nothing but lies on me and they wll not change any of it no matter what I do or even say
Someone from Edwall, WA writes:
i am a victum of cps twice me and my children
4 years ago
Someone from Bourbonnais, IL signed.
4 years ago
Someone from Edwall, WA signed.
August 6, 2012
Someone from Kennewick, WA writes:
cps kiddnaped my for children
August 11, 2012
Someone from Bellevue, WA writes:
Brittainy and Sam Labberton "the parents who supposedly starved their child". And parents to 4 beautiful children with blonde hair blue eyes. These damn baby nappers are hurting more children and families then they are helping them. I hope CPS gets demolished and rebuilt from the ground up. To those struggling with false accusations and removal/termination of your child/rights don't give up, take your story to the problem solvers at Komo 4 or get Jessie @ king 5 get the truth out there and if you have documented proof the better. Good luck and don't give up. Our children coming home is the goal don't forget that
August 14, 2012
Someone from Spokane, WA signed.
4 years ago
Someone from Newman Lake, WA signed.
Someone from Everett, WA writes:
Its funny how when you are appealing said FOUNDED CASE, that when you make it to court for the Appeals Process to begin , the INITIAL Workers in the case are, NO LONGER EMPLOYED BY SAID Agency, isn't that a weird assurance? Not sure if they move said worker some place else or what, so you face a person that works in the same office , portraying the others THAT INITIALLY INVESTIGATED YOU ECT at that office, as a so called ENTITY of that office, so you are being accused by a person who you had never had contact with, and all the others are GONE ...This is a direct Violation of our Constitutional Rights... These practices need to be investigated and the GOV. Officials need to be held accountable, under THE COLOR of LAW...period.. WHAT?
4 years ago
Someone from Oak Harbor, WA signed.
August 28, 2012
Someone from Rialto, CA signed.
Someone from Nespelem, WA signed.
September 10, 2012
Someone from Lakewood, CA writes:
They took my 4 grandchildren i had since they were born, because they had lice in their hair, but not the baby he was two. They have been gone for a year and a half. They are all seperated into different placements. I can't get them back, they won't even let me appeal the case. The lawyer assigned to me didn't do anything to help. One of my children was abused in a foster home and had to be hospitalized. Now they put her in a camp. MY baby they put into a mormon family who wants to adopt him. The third they are trying to send to my sister in Arkansas and I live in CA. I had guardianship from another court of the two oldest 11 and 10 and they got that revoked. I was a good parent although the maternal grandmother I loved them like my own and they don't deserve to be seperated from me or each other. I have all but given up, I can't seem to get help and can't afford a real lawyer.
4 years ago
Someone from Kent, WA signed.
September 30, 2012
Someone from Chicago, IL writes:
I dont think its fair that i was treated wrongly by dcfs in auora,il youth services Monica Miller needs to be investigated.
October 6, 2012
Someone from Everett, WA signed.
October 6, 2012
Someone from Everett, WA writes:
After being a victim of false allegations which lead to the estranged father and investigating worker to manipulate my child out of my home . They aided him in filing for a modification of custody. When I didn't back down he let her come home. Only to lie to the worker and say I took her without him knowing. In turn she got a writ of habeas corpus. And without properly following the laws of the writ immediately returned my child to the place she is being abused. And filed a dependency on me. Now they say we can deal with it in unified family court and a dependency shouldn't of been filed. The worker has changed her accusations so many times lied about what my family has said to her and now I get to expose her for what she is. And eventually get my girl home where she belongs
October 10, 2012
Someone from Granite Falls, WA writes:
My daughter and her husband had their little boy taken, actually kidnapped, because they left the state of washington and went to another state. They have been fighting almost two years to get their child back. In the process, my daughter had another child summer of 2011 and went to other state to have child so they wouldn?t take. They still have that child and have done everything cps(Monroe Wa.) has asked them to do. They have lied over and over, and manipulated everything they have ever said. They go to trial soon and lawyers are offering them to take a settlement with foster parents. The child was court ordered to be moved to the state they are in winter of 2011 but that never took place, as they manipulated every thing at a meeting and would not do what the judge said. DCFS/CPS is its own entity. They anwer to no one , are cruel, ruin families lives. Two syblings have not been able to be with each other for over a year. They DCFS/CPS have damaged my grandchild by keeping him from family and keeping him in foster care. The OFCO Testimony on HB 2263, which is a house bill to change legislation as of Jan. 23,2012. Statement on my copy says Approx. 90% of federal funds dedicated to state child welfare programs can only be used to pay for foster care placements. In small print at bottom of page says ?Of the $7.2 billion in federal funds dedicated for child welfare in 2007, $4.5 billion supported children in foster care placements and $2.0 billion was for support payments of children adopted from foster care. TIME FOR REFORM: INVESTING IN PREVENTION: KEEPING CHILDREN SAFE AT HOME? By the way OFCO is office of the family and children?s ombudsman, and anyone can make a complaint against cps to them. I hope something is done soon time is running out because if they lose in trial their child gets adopted to foster parents and no one that is related to the child will ever get to see the child again until he turns 18. Sad, Sad, Cruel World, Never thought this would ever take place especially here in the U.S.
October 11, 2012
Someone from Lenox, GA writes:
CORRUPTION IN GOVERNMENT MAKING IT OK TO DESTROY POOR PEOPLE LIVES, BUST FAMILIES APART, AND SEND INNOCENT PEOPLE TO JAIL. LAWYERS ARE TO FREAKING SCARED TO STND WITH US TO FIGHT SO IT CONTINUES ON. DFCS DONT EVEN HAVE TO HAVE ANYTHING ON YOU AND IF YOU TRY STANDING THEY TAKE YOUR RIGHTS. THEY NEED SHUTTING DOWN THEY ARE JUST PADDINNG THER POCKET BOOKS LETS STAND TOGETHER.
October 13, 2012
Someone from Littlerock, CA signed.
4 years ago
Someone from Port Orchard, WA signed.
4 years ago
Someone from Yakima, WA signed.
Someone from Kennewick, WA writes:
i was 17 years old when they took my son in triciteies wa i did everything plus more. incuding 7 months in rehab to get my son back and still lost my rights they would not even consider the fact that i could be a good parent. i guess cause i was young and easily takin advantage of.
Someone from Los Angeles, CA writes:
Please, will somebody just listen at least, to why DCFS, Los Angeles are cold, like wolves, and no disregard for the emotional suffering and pain they put me and my 3 children through. Please, all im asking for is a ear to listen, and a caring shoulder to cry on. Thank you
Someone from Los Angeles, CA writes:
Someone from Waldport, OR writes:
yeah it has been happening a real long time. In fact in washington state you have to have a clean criminal record if you are to adopt a child. I just found out they deferred on charges so they could adopt my children. two counts of medicaid fraud. they shouldn't have had the right to adopt my children. I want my babies back. lets do a class action lawsuit bankrupt them. hit them where it hurts.
October 24, 2012
Someone from Birmingham, AL writes:
Washingtons dependent children have suffered under poor DCFS management for too long. Let the hurting stop now.
October 27, 2012
Someone from Colville, WA signed.
October 27, 2012
Someone from Colville, WA signed.
October 27, 2012
Someone from Colville, WA signed.