Someone from Anchorage, AK writes:
Investigating all states' Child protective services, Family services, etc, is a very necessary thing. So many children all over the country are being ripped away from caring family members and given to strangers, while so many children who are in need of help are ignored, Time to get priorities straight!
Someone from Anaheim, CA writes:
Power corrupts, and absulute power corrupts absolutely - DCFS is accountable to no one and corruption abounds.
August 31, 2011
Someone from Palmdale, CA writes:
Keep loving homes together.
Someone from Ocean Park, WA writes:
my children were removed from my home because i smoke marijuana, i smoke for my pain and am in the process of obtaining my green card. dcfs then told me i had to sign my rights to them or id never see my kids again they assurred me that the foster parents my children had be with since the case open would be adopting my kids, so broken i signed the papers. only to find out the foster parents never were sure they wanted to adopt them and have changed there minds, now because I SMOKE marijuana they took my kids out of a good home away froma great mother who did not (by DCFS's own definition i looked it up) abuse or neglecte my children, they were loved and takein care of, healthy happy kids. and now because of this they are gonna spend there lives in the system going to foster homes, and dcfs thinks they are gonna have a better life? ok besides that my babies aunt was willing to take and adopt all 3 of them she took parenting class, cpr classes and foster home training classes, just for washington state to repeatdly ignore her request for the kids.they have a right to the happy life dcfs claims to want for them yet they keep doing everything in there power to stop it,why?
September 29, 2011
Someone from Waldron, AR signed.
September 29, 2011
Someone from Waldron, AR signed.
September 29, 2011
Someone from Waldron, AR signed.
5 years ago
Someone from Vashon, WA signed.
Someone from Tacoma, WA writes:
This is exactly what they r doing to me. They have had my grandson 14 months now I jumped through their hoops passed with flying colors but still don't want to give him to me. They get paid to adopt him out.
5 years ago
Someone from Saint Joseph, MO signed.
5 years ago
Someone from Saint Joseph, MO signed.
Someone from Portland, OR writes:
This seems to be very typical of DCFS as I just recently learned that another Family was torn apart after the Father received custody in Oregon, I would never move to Washington because they do not seem to believe in what is best for the CHILDREN!!!! As always children belong with family be it Aunt, Uncle, Grandparent or Cousin.
5 years ago
Someone from Spanaway, WA signed.
Someone from Tacoma, WA writes:
I would rather my son go to my mother than to lesbians or someone else that isn't blood related to him. They should've given my mother my son in the first place but refused to and they are still refusing to.
5 years ago
Someone from Pacific, WA signed.
October 24, 2011
Someone from Tampa, FL signed.
October 24, 2011
Someone from Mt Zion, IL signed.
October 24, 2011
Someone from Mt Zion, IL writes:
I have had 3 of my children taken from me and i am pregnant with my fourth my biggest fear is that the state will take this child as well and I don;t understand how or why? I feel hopeless and I am sending this letter hoping someone will listen and help me and so many families like me. I have never abused my children, never convicted of any crimes, never taken drugs, never put my children in danger. I passed every test the state of Illinois gave me and still lost my children. This state asked me to pay for drug abuse and parenting classes and attend regularly. I was unable to do this because my job has me traveling alot and i was at risk of losing my career. I have to make money to support my children. Also I felt no need for drug classes because I have never done drugs and passed a drug test for DCFS. Also no need for parenting classes because I am not a bad parent. This state of Illinois DCFS is harassing me with no evidence of abuse of any kind, and the person that reported me is a crimal, drug addict, and has a history of mental illness. It was a neighbor that I had called the police on for disturbances and they retaliated by making a false DCFS report. How is that a creditable report? Don't they look up the people reporting abuse to see if they are a reliable source of information? The answer is NO and this needs to change. I never though this could happen to me I have always worked hard to take care of my children and never abused them, I had worked as a Sunday School teacher for children ages 0-5 years. I don't understand but i need help. My mother currently has custody of my 3 children but she will not be able to take on another child. I am pregnant and due soon and I am afraid DCFS will try to take this child from me also. We as parents deserve a fair trial
October 25, 2011
Someone from Tacoma, WA signed.
November 12, 2011
Someone from Hawthorne, CA signed.
Someone from Spokane, WA writes:
My children where removed from me, 3 daughters 11, 12, and 15, because my oldest daughter, refusing to come home, reported as a runaway, broke her finger even though she was 100 miles away from me, and i was unaware of the injury until 3 weeks after the fact, when i was contacted by CPS, so i was charged with Medical Neglect...and my three daughters, my entire life, gone.
Someone from Lakewood, WA writes:
There are No honest politicians in this world. For honesty can-not be bought, bribed, coerced, or blackmailed into doing what the people with money want them to do. It is really sad and depressing to think this world has come to think that MONEY IS everything.
5 years ago
Someone from Bellevue, WA signed.
5 years ago
Someone from Bellevue, WA signed.
Someone from Seattle, WA writes:
A parent who is in therapy for depression or anxiety should never be criminalized by the department. They had no right to kidnap and now hold my only child as a hostage.
Someone from Bellevue, WA writes:
It has become clear in the case of a child removed from her mother's home that DCFS has very little interest in moving toward the state's mandated family reunification. Even though the state approved psychiatrist's assessment has has ruled out a diagnosis of Facticious Disorder, the initial allegation, there has been no action to recommend dismissal of the case or even a liberalization of visitation.The motivation? Possibly individual or multiple actions for job security, but more likely an organized effort to grab more of the state's hard pressed budget. Any individual or department practicing this policy should be subject to criminal prosecution for diverting funds from families and children in much greater need.
5 years ago
Someone from Edmonds, WA signed.
Someone from Bellevue, WA writes:
Thanks to all government officials who have read and taken action on the injustices reported. We encourage all petioners and government officials alike to obtain and read "Child Protective Services and the Juvenile Justice System", Connecticut DCF Watch, www.connecticutdcfwatch.com. We also encourage all petioners write their state government officials: Governor, Attorney General, Ombudsman, and Human Services Oversight Committees of State Legislatures.
5 years ago
Someone from Los Angeles, CA signed.
January 2, 2012
Someone from Edmonds, WA signed.
January 2, 2012
Someone from Hoquiam, WA signed.
January 3, 2012
Someone from Edmonds, WA signed.
January 7, 2012
Someone from Auburn, WA writes:
south king county cps, i feel do not do their jobs and they definately have done irrepairable damage to my entire family they have done nothing but rip my family apart for the last twelve years.
January 12, 2012
Someone from Saint Cloud, MN writes:
DCFS/CPS destroyed my family over 11 years ago and I see they are still up to the same BS...when is this gonna stop? I wrongly lost 2 of my kids, they were sold to the foster parents because the foster parents didnt want to let them go...I am so sorry to the other families that are and have suffered like ours has.
January 12, 2012
Someone from Saint Cloud, MN writes:
January 12, 2012
Someone from Saint Cloud, MN writes:
January 25, 2012
Someone from Otis Orchards, WA writes:
CPS recently removed my grandson from my home. They said it was because the babies father was running amuck. So what! I took perfect care of my grandson. Now they will not even try to let me get him back. We need help bad!
January 26, 2012
Someone from Bellflower, CA writes:
IN 2005 THE LOS ANGLES DEPARTMENT OF CHILDREN AND FAMILY SERVICES ROBBED MY 10 YR OLD SON FROM ME WITH FALSE ALLEGATIONS THERE WAS NO INVESTIGATION, NO PROOF NO EVIDENCE IT WAS ALL HEARSAY A EVIL WOMAN I THOUGHT TO BE A FRIEND CALLED DCFS WITH LIE'S ABOUT ME TO GAIN CUSTODY OF MY SON FOR HIS SSA BENEFITS IN THE AMOUNT OF ONE THOUSAND AND ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS A MONTH. I MOVED BACK TO CALIFORNIA FROM ARIZONA AND WASN'T ABLE TO FIND AFFORDABLE HOUSING I ALLOWED MY SON TO STAY WITH THIS WOMAN BECAUSE I WAS HOMELESS SLEEPING IN MY CAR. WHAT HAPPENED IN COURT WAS I WAS GUILTY OF A CRIME I NEVER COMMUTED. MY CHILD WAS CAUSED ENDLESS PAIN AND SUFFERING HE WAS PHYSICALLY ABUSED IN FOSTER CARE, HIS FOSTER MOTHER HAD HER 16 YR OLD SON AND HER 16 YR OLD NEPHEW AND HER CRACK SMOKING EX HUSBAND BEAT MY SON UP BECAUSE MY SON TOLD HIS FOSTER MOM HE DIDN'T WANT TO BE ADOPTED BY HER, SHE WAS SO ANGRY AT ME SHE CALLED ME CALLING ME EVERY NAME BUT MY OWN. SHE WOULD HAVE GOTTEN ALMOST THREE THOUSAND A MONTH IF SHE HAD ADOPTED. MY .SON. MY SON SUFFERS FROM SEVERE TRAUMA.. THIS DEPARTMENT IS DOING THE WORK OF THE DEVIL, CHILDREN ARE NOT RETURNED TO INNOCENT PARENTS BECAUSE THE SOCIAL WORKERS DON'T MAKE ANY MONEY RETURNING CHILDREN TO INNOCENT PARENTS THE SOCIAL WORKERS GET ANY WHERE FROM THREE THOUSAND TO FIVE THOUSAND FOR EVERY CHILD THEY GET ADOPTED OUT. THEY ARE ROBBING CHILDREN AND DESTROYING FAMILIES FOR BIG BONUS,S THEY HAVE TO BE STOPPED
January 26, 2012
Someone from Bellflower, CA writes:
January 28, 2012
Someone from Elma, WA writes:
The cps is doing the same old stuff they've got my grandchildren and I'm not going to let them get away with it the fight won't end