6 years ago
Someone from Mount Vernon, WA signed.
October 20, 2010
Someone from Renton, WA signed.
October 24, 2010
Someone from Lakewood, WA signed.
October 25, 2010
Someone from Ferndale, WA writes:
We have gone through a nightmare with the state. A little boy lost a forever home with us because of evil practices.
October 27, 2010
Someone from Toppenish, WA signed.
October 27, 2010
Someone from Yakima, WA signed.
Someone from Spokane, WA writes:
I've been fighting with this system for almost two years, they gave me my children back and then took them away again. It's time they stop the pocket flow and let's actually keep families together.
November 5, 2010
Someone from Bourbonnais, IL writes:
dcfs took my grandchild from my daugther when she was 18mos,iwent toget her was told i was not fit eigther,but the foster mother sexuly abuse her and they let her adobt my grandchild.When i was ther from start to end .I want my grandchild.
November 10, 2010
Someone from Miami, FL writes:
I have a friend who was in the system with DCFS as a child and he is now 31 and is also now looking at all of the ways that the DCFS has messed up his life. One of the case workers there also had given him false name through the DMV on purpose so it would not come back to the DCFS. But legally through some documents he is able to get into he is trying to do the very best that he can to make sure that they the workers at the DCFS are gouing to pay for the mistakes that they have made with his life.
November 20, 2010
Someone from Pasco, WA writes:
All I want for Christmas is my nephews. I can't imagine them spending the holidays in some strangers house wondering where their family is and why they won't come for them. We have not forgotten about you it is dcfs' fault that these children are not allowed any contact with anyone who loves them, no matter how clean their background check is, or how many forms they fill out, it doesn't matter how many times you call, you will be ignored. dcfs is seriously corrupt,Something needs to be done.
Someone from Pacific Palisades, CA signed.
January 26, 2011
Someone from Auburn, WA signed.
February 3, 2011
Someone from Olympia, WA writes:
my son was sexually assaulted and abused in foster care... since the offender was a "juvenile" at the time ...there's nothing the state can do about it... the family still lives in the area... and my son has since had an extensive history of physical assaults... been in/out of corrections since... when we tried to report the abuse... they came to investigate my son and my household... my son was "10" when this happened... i got my son into therapy... and to add to the package... when we walked into his appointment a week or so after his "13th" birthday... i was told i couldn't be there for his appointment and couldn't sign for him anymore and he didn't have to receive treatment if he didn't want to anymore... i have been besides myself... he obviously needed treatment and of course it is difficult for a "boy" to talk about these things... so guess what he did... he said "i'm outta here"... and the story had continued... being in/out of correctional facilities for physically assaulting others...
February 3, 2011
Someone from Olympia, WA writes:
i also wanted to add that most social/case workers i've dealt with have been somewhat helpful, caring, informative, resourceful... but there had/has been one in particular that was extremely detrimental to my case... there was one that screamed at me in the courthouse hallways... one that got in my face and said i will "never" see my child again as long as she was around... mind you i had no criminal charges regarding my children... one that pinned my child down at his desk at school... one that claimed she would notify me of hearings and/or appointments but hadn't... one that told me she had found someone who had desperately wanted my child... one that still works for the state even after complaints have been made... one who upon introducing herself claims to be and calls herself the "TERMINATOR"... she works right here in our Capital city...not one person who has ever worked with her... or at least tried has ever gotten the impression that she was going to be any part of returning a child home... when we are working toward "ReUnification"... a "Terminator" does not belong... thank you for your time... concerned parent.
5 years ago
Someone from Kettle Falls, WA signed.
5 years ago
Someone from Kettle Falls, WA writes:
my grandchildren were removed from there home and we the grandparents were not even asked if they could come live with us we dont even know where they are please i bag of you to do something so these kids are not just removed from the only home they know.grandparents should be consider first for placement of children.this in it self to me is nelgelt as my grandkids do not even know this foster family. a pray they are being treated well and cps calls us soon.
February 20, 2011
Someone from Spokane, WA signed.
February 24, 2011
Someone from Glendora, CA signed.
February 25, 2011
Someone from Olympia, WA writes:
Washington State Extended Families The taking of children needlessly and selling them to the highest bidder has got to stop.
March 4, 2011
Someone from Bellingham, WA signed.
March 20, 2011
Someone from Seattle, WA signed.
March 21, 2011
Someone from Concrete, WA signed.
March 21, 2011
Someone from Concrete, WA signed.
5 years ago
Someone from Veradale, WA signed.
Someone from Veradale, WA writes:
someone please help me and my foster son. I was wrongly accused of neglect and picked on by several people from Spokane, Washington DCFS. I am not a writer and have trouble expressing my feelings. I had a foster license and was told I was one of the best homes in Spokane. I also worked in a Youth Treatment Home for Children. I loved my job and life.One of my foster children at the time met a troubled girl from school and feel madly in love. This is a common occurrence. She wanted to mother him and I requested she not. With in 1 day I had 2 employees from DCFS in my house demanding to look around and question me and a friend at the time. Anyway all my kids were removed except my adopted son Nik and Adan and Will. They both refused to leave. Adan was devastated beyond belief. His counselor and teachers did not want him moved. But the state did not care. They took 6 months to decide I would also loose my job. The state licensee even said "it will be OK Karen , don't worry.
April 29, 2011
Someone from Vancouver, WA writes:
I am currently being harrassed by DCFS in Vancouver, WA. They are threatening to remove my chidren without cause. They say I "don't know what supervision means" because i let my kids go outside my fron door and play at the playground in my apartment complex. I can see the playground from my balcony, its maybe 200ft from my doorstep. Now I am under investigation for child neglect. I am a single mother with 4 boys and am trying to find employment. My kids are fed, they are clean, they go to school and are good students and i NEVER spank them. Im trying to find out what my rights are. Now the "case worker" wants my kids doctors info so she can talk to their doctors... whatever happened to doctor patient confidentiality?
Someone from Yakima, WA signed.
May 24, 2011
Someone from Bellevue, WA signed.
May 24, 2011
Someone from Sammamish, WA writes:
Personally i think they take alligations WAY TOO FAR! Taking the word of criminals based on hersay. CPS need NOT jump into taking children away WHEN there is not evidence to show warrent for it. These people are messed up with nothing better to do with their lives. I think also that any person working with CPS or for them should undergo a scrutinized psycological evaluation. Any of them had kids lost to cps? Any of them with a deeper intent against partents? Were they abused as kids therefore any child reported is being abused? Think about it ...
May 24, 2011
Someone from Sammamish, WA signed.
May 25, 2011
Someone from Montesano, WA writes:
they tried ripping my family apart because i like to have a beer everynow and then....im over 21.. and i work, im a good father, and the mother is wonderful. they have no right splitting up good families that take good care of their children just because of simple nothingness...im not a violent person...im a lover...i LOVE AND TAKE CARE OF MY FAMILY
May 25, 2011
Someone from League City, TX signed.
June 5, 2011
Someone from Bellevue, WA signed.
Someone from Everett, WA writes:
CPS, destroyed my family.
5 years ago
Someone from Cheney, WA writes:
The more I fight the harder they punish my children. I have six adorable children, I've only gotten one returned the state closed my case April 2011 after removing my children in Aug 2006. My attorney told me I should be happy, all I could do was stand there and push away my tears. The state may be done with me, but I'm not done fighting for my kids.
June 22, 2011
Someone from West Richland, WA writes:
I am trying to understand CPS?s view on what is right for a child and why they would remove a child from a home that is stable, neutering and loving. My two grandchildren were removed from our home after the parents were found unfit. We had legal temp custody and neither of the parents lived with us. We were in third party custody and cps had it dismissed without us present. They say we are not part of the case and that they did not do an investigation on us only the parents. The boys have been in state care for 3 months now and have already been moved 3 times. Both the caseworker and guardian ad-litem say we should be able to have visitation however they don?t know when that will happen. CPS says they want to get them into a stable environment when reminded they were in one until they took them they just said that was the past and know we have to move forward. They have struggled to make sure the boys are receiving counseling and help for delayed language and self development These are all things that were established by their grandma before they were taken. They have stated that the boys have many issues, which I would know about because me and their grandma told them and had started all the services they are unable to make sure they are attending. CPS says one thing and does something else. The Child Protective Service is broken and is in need of help, however money and incentives are not the answer.
June 28, 2011
Someone from Minneapolis, MN signed.
June 30, 2011
Someone from Macon, GA signed.
July 1, 2011
Someone from Waterbury, CT writes:
Families are bankrupted by money hungry attorneys, GALS..Family Services "hidden" and or false reports.. Attorneys fear speaking out about corruption. Not all cases are "abuse" cases..a simple change in visitation leads to attorneys seeing potential $$$$..and the whole system/their friends is/are pulled into the picture..Families have no defense, no due process, and no real recourse--Judges may not be aware..Remember clients cannot speak in court- judges only hear what lawyers say..Even appeals take ten years- children are grown by then!- and no-one can afford the lawyers fees- for a corrupt system anyhow.. The same happens, over and over again. Criminals belong in court anyhow- NOT Families.
July 3, 2011
Someone from Everett, WA signed.