July 5, 2010
Someone from Safety Harbor, FL signed.
July 6, 2010
Someone from Hughesville, MD signed.
July 6, 2010
Someone from Hewitt, TX signed.
July 6, 2010
Someone from Hughesville, MD signed.
July 6, 2010
Someone from Bristol, RI signed.
July 11, 2010
Someone from Las Vegas, NV writes:
These are benefits that I earned and I consider it a violation of a contract that the Federal Government unilaterally altered in order to deprive me of what is rightfully mine.
July 11, 2010
Someone from Shawnee, KS signed.
July 12, 2010
Someone from Kent, OH signed.
July 13, 2010
Someone from Cincinnati, OH signed.
July 13, 2010
Someone from Fort Rucker, AL signed.
Someone from Show Low, AZ signed.
Someone from Corvallis, OR writes:
Most of us pre-baby boomers stayed home with our children during their pre-school years. Besides our partial pensions,we cannot receive our own social security from any kinds of jobs including teaching at universities, community colleges, and adult schools and others; nor can we receive our X's or our deceased spouse's social security. At 66, I am now disabled and unable to go to work. I need my full social security and that of my X's desperately. Teachers in 45 states other than California can get their rightful social security allotments. I need mine, as well. Please repeals this horrible, unjust, and unfair law. Thank you so very much for your consideration of this urgent matter to those of us who are barely treading water after dedicating our lives to teaching, many of those years in adverse teaching situations in low income areas
Someone from Corvallis, OR writes:
Most of us pre-baby boomers stayed home with our children during their pre-school years. Besides our partial pensions,we cannot receive our own social security from any kinds of jobs including teaching at universities, community colleges, and adult schools and others; nor can we receive our X's or our deceased spouse's social security. At 66, I am now disabled and unable to go to work. I need my full social security and that of my X spouse's desperately. Teachers in 45 states other than California can get their rightful social security allotments. I need mine, as well. Please repeal this horrible, unjust, and unfair law. Thank you so very much for your consideration of this urgent matter to those of us who are barely treading water after dedicating our lives to teaching, many of those years in adverse teaching situations in low income areas
6 years ago
Someone from Plano, TX signed.
6 years ago
Someone from Quincy, MA signed.
Someone from Lowell, MA writes:
I am definitely affected by this - and I should not be. If anything happens to my spouse, I will not have enough to live on. I stayed home with our children, and now work in the public sector - by choice making a small difference in the lives of students in the Commonwealth and I am penalized becuse of it.
6 years ago
Someone from Mattapan, MA signed.
Someone from Needham Heights, MA writes:
I am a widow whose social security benefit will be greatly reduced at retirement due to my government pension. Also, I have worked 2 jobs for most of the time I have worked for a municipality and have been consistently paying into social security during that time. This is truly an unfair practice which punishes government employees.
Someone from Dracut, MA writes:
AS A SIXTY FIVE YEAR OLD, ALMOST READY TO RETIRE, I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THIS CHANGE TAKE EFFECT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. I FIND IT TOTALLY UNFAIR, I ALSO FEEL I'M BEING PUNISHED FOR WORKING IN A SCHOOL SYSTEM FOR THE LAST 13 YEARS.
6 years ago
Someone from Stoughton, MA signed.
6 years ago
Someone from Lowell, MA signed.
Someone from Amherst, MA writes:
To make ends meet, I do free-lance writing in addition to my job at the library. Because I'm self-employed, I have paid THOUSANDS into social security (as both "employee" and "employer" contributions). It is so unfair that when I retire, I will get back almost none of the money I've been forced to pay in. PLEASE FIX THIS PROBLEM.
6 years ago
Someone from Quincy, MA signed.
6 years ago
Someone from Springfield, MA signed.
Someone from Garland, TX writes:
Please, repealing these two things would guarantee that the Democrats can retain their hold in both houses of congress.This one particular issue will get every teacher's vote in America.
6 years ago
Someone from Fairhaven, MA signed.
6 years ago
Someone from Medford, MA signed.
Someone from Dracut, MA writes:
my mother worked the last 12 years of her life as a courthouse operator. Before that she toiled for over 30 years working in a hot dirty shoe factory. When she died fronm lung cancer in 1995 my father could not believe the amount that was offered to him from s.s. when he tried to collect widowers benefits from her state pension and s.s.
6 years ago
Someone from Plymouth, MA signed.
6 years ago
Someone from Plymouth, MA signed.
6 years ago
Someone from Sterling, MA signed.
6 years ago
Someone from Plymouth, MA signed.
6 years ago
Someone from Taunton, MA signed.
Someone from Boston, MA writes:
My mom is about to retire from the state after nearly 30 yrs and when she does she will lose my dads ssi benefits and have her income reduced drastically just when she will need it the most...the GPO is unfair to hard working city and state workers.
6 years ago
Someone from Revere, MA signed.
6 years ago
Someone from Hyde Park, MA signed.
6 years ago
Someone from Hyde Park, MA signed.
6 years ago
Someone from Shrewsbury, MA signed.
Someone from Royalston, MA writes:
repeal the GPO provision. Public sectors workers are being punished for their years of good service to the taxpayers.
6 years ago
Someone from Lowell, MA signed.