March 15, 2010
Someone from Belford, NJ signed.
7 years ago
Someone from Newport, ME signed.
7 years ago
Someone from Willoughby, OH writes:
this profound injustice, esp. to widows, must be corrected. Somebody step up and do the right thing !
7 years ago
Someone from Little Falls, NY signed.
7 years ago
Someone from Ganado, TX writes:
I think it is time to repeal this. So many people are being treated unfairly and have been for years. Everyone else is getting help and now it is our time.
7 years ago
Someone from Valley Springs, CA signed.
Someone from San Pablo, CA signed.
7 years ago
Someone from Pasadena, CA signed.
7 years ago
Someone from Panorama City, CA signed.
Someone from Orem, UT writes:
I am a public sector employee and still pay into social security. However, my benefits will be reduced by nearly 2/3 unless this unjust law is repealed. Please help me and others like me.
Someone from Cape Coral, FL writes:
I am a government emplyee that pays into social security and my pension, as is my wife. This would be an injust action to take away a benefit that we both paid into our entire lives.
Someone from Cottage Grove, MN writes:
For me to pay into Social Security all my working days and not have my wife get my benefits if I should die is really unfair. Why should someone I don't even know get the benefits of all the money that I paid in over the years? I am a Veteran and a strong believer in our country, and this GPO is not what this country is about. Please repeal it and give and our surviving families what they justly deserve!!
March 28, 2010
Someone from Port Townsend, WA signed.
March 29, 2010
Someone from Spring, TX signed.
March 29, 2010
Someone from San Diego, CA signed.
March 29, 2010
Someone from San Diego, CA signed.
April 1, 2010
Someone from North Richland Hills, TX writes:
I am a 60 year old woman who is trying to help support an 82 year old mother, a widow of a Korean veteran, who only makes 1000/mo and who was recently amputeed. She and I are both CSRS retirees and are both being severely hit by the wep and gpo provisions that reduce her (and my upcoming) social security payments drastically. Please, we are really struggling and suffering. As you know, women's salaries were dramatically lower than average in past years, and our SS benefits are based on these drastically lower salaries, and then because of the WEP and GPO rules, they are again slashed. Have a heart and please support repeal or at least reform, putting a minimum salary on those affected, which we would EASILY qualify for without affecting the total cost to Social Security entitlements. Search your soul and do the compassionate and moral thing.
April 1, 2010
Someone from Sugar Land, TX signed.
April 1, 2010
Someone from Woodinville, WA signed.
April 2, 2010
Someone from Framingham, MA writes:
The WEP/GPO laws are patently unfair. As a retiree from the public sector, my Social Security benefit has already been cut by $351 and should my husband pre-decease me I will suffer the insult of having my survivor benefit cut. The govt. is double-dipping at the expense of hard-working middle and low-income families. I strongly urge the repeal of these unfair laws.
April 3, 2010
Someone from Concord, CA signed.
April 5, 2010
Someone from Sparks, NV signed.
April 5, 2010
Someone from Erie, CO signed.
April 5, 2010
Someone from Chevy Chase, MD signed.
April 5, 2010
Someone from Chicago, IL writes:
I understand Daniel Rostenkowski passed this bill. My ? is that if he is a convicted felon ? Stolen stamps? why is he still receiving a public pension? He did this crime while in office. His pension should be yanked!
April 7, 2010
Someone from Marshall, MO writes:
I want Congress to know that I am outraged that teachers, professional support staff, police, firefighters, postal workers, civil servants, and state nurses across the country have their Social Security benefits reduced or eliminated upon retirement. Federal law currently has two provisions that negatively impact our nation's educators: -The Windfall Elimination Provision: Reduces an educator's EARNED Social Security from previous employment. -The Government Pension Offset: Basically eliminates an educator's Social Security benefits from a deceased spouse. I am especially concerned that these provisions negatively affect our nation?s ability to encourage top candidates to enter the teaching profession, to recruit second-career professionals into the field, and to ensure every child the highest quality educators. Many educators are leaving the field in droves, and college students are bypassing education as a career as a direct result of these two provisions. In addition, many of the people most severely affected by the provisions have spent their lives in service to others, chiefly our nation?s children, and have personally sacrificed a higher income they could have attained in the private sector, especially given their levels of advanced education. Furthermore, these educators have spent what amounts to small fortunes of their hard-earned income to take additional classes and seek advanced degrees, many times as required by their employers. This counts for an additional bite out of their earning power. The two provisions mentioned seem to add insult to injury! I urge Congress to pass H.R. 235/S. 484 to repeal these unfair penalties for public service.
April 9, 2010
Someone from Saint Clairsville, OH signed.
April 13, 2010
Someone from Sacramento, CA signed.
April 15, 2010
Someone from Fort Rucker, AL writes:
This is an un just act, my money went into social security before I worked for the Goverment, now they say I can't collect it at 65 because I retired in the Goverment. It is my money and they have no right to take oit away from me.
6 years ago
Someone from Ozark, AL writes:
I'm currenty drawing a very small annuity due to the offset pension. This unfair because I,v worked over fifty years.
6 years ago
Someone from Yorba Linda, CA writes:
After a 31 year marriage, 26 years as a "stay at home wife and mother of four children" I was widowed at age 51. The only job I could find with my education was not covered by social security. I couldn't afford to retire at age 65 so worked until 70 but lost all my spousal benefit and have only $240 on my own meagre record. Why can't I be exempt on 30 years of marriage the way the WEP is under 30 years of social security? My pension is also not treated the same taxwise as social security.
6 years ago
Someone from Pomona, CA writes:
I paid into social security before getting a federal job. If you pay into something, you should be entitled to it. Some people have never paid into it and are getting benefits. FAIR??? I don't think so.
6 years ago
Someone from Ozark, AL signed.
6 years ago
Someone from Ocoee, FL signed.
6 years ago
Someone from Nelsonville, OH signed.
6 years ago
Someone from Thorofare, NJ signed.
6 years ago
Someone from Ozark, AL signed.
6 years ago
Someone from Richmond, UT writes:
My mom's meager social security check was offset by a small veterans administration pension awarded to my father.
6 years ago
Someone from Taunton, MA writes:
with 111 co sponsors why is this bill still sitting in committee with no action? A lot of people are hurting with a very small municipal pension and need this Bill badly.
6 years ago
Someone from Alameda, CA signed.