January 6, 2010
Someone from North Billerica, MA writes:
Very unfair to people who worked and paid their taxes. Then to be told that there SS is negible or not at all
January 6, 2010
Someone from Holden, ME writes:
I will be denied my full SS benefits even though I worked at jobs during my teaching career at the detriment of my teacher retirement years of credit to secure these SS credits. It is unfair to penalize workers by changing the rules after the game has begun, which in essence is what the federal govt. has done to me and many others.
January 10, 2010
Someone from North Attleboro, MA writes:
I have worked in education for 40 years, 30 of them in private schools where I did not have any pension. I have worked in public school for only 10 years and will receive a very small pension but because of this, I will not be entitled to full Social Security. Very unfair!!
January 14, 2010
Someone from Syracuse, NY signed.
Someone from New Ipswich, NH writes:
I lost all survivor benefits when my wife deceased last year. She worked for 35 years and all the money she paid into the system is lost. Kick some of the young so called "disabled" people off the system so people who have worked for the benefits can collect them. Repeal this unfair and unjust law soon.
January 17, 2010
Someone from Syracuse, NY signed.
7 years ago
Someone from Slidell, LA signed.
7 years ago
Someone from Sugar Land, TX writes:
All we are asking for is what we earned. What better way to help retired persons and stimulate the economy than to pass this legislation.Retired people are struggling to make to make ends meet on fixed incomes, this legislation if passed will provide more more money for retired people and they will spend it to pay their bills. What better way to stimulate the economy than changing this unfair law.
January 27, 2010
Someone from Marblehead, MA writes:
This is the most egregious unfair condition and hardship put on teachers who have also worked for social security benefits and now can only collect a small portion....and NOTHING if a spouse dies!!!
January 30, 2010
Someone from Chula Vista, CA writes:
I had to retire due to base closure in 2008 when Congress voted to close and realign 800 bases which I am sure has contributed to the unemployment rate. In 1977 Congress and President Carter took away retired federal employees survivor's benefits which our deceased spouses paid into social security. Not only did Congress put me out of work, but also took away my survivor's benefits. Congress has so much compassion for those who have lost their homes and way of living because of natural disaster and have extended endless support and help. On the other hand, federal retirees under the old retirement system have lost their homes and way of living because Congress voted to take away their survivor's benefits. I and other retirees are not asking for your help, just asking you to give back what you took away. When those in the private sector are worried they cannot retire because their 401(k) provided by their employer is down and their social security will not be enough, then what about federal employees who did not have 401(k) provided by their employer the federal government. What makes Congress think that our retirement alone is enough when afterall our salary is much less that those in the private sector. If President Obama can say "Why Haiti Matter" I hope our politicians, will too feel that CSRS retirees "DO MATTER". We are not asking for a handout, just give back what you took away. Regards, P Guevara
January 31, 2010
Someone from Toledo, OH writes:
If you are trying to help out the Social Security delemma then you could not have picked a more undeserving group to penalize...public servants. I was married for 27 years during which time my husband paid into Social Security. Now my portion of that will be reduced because I had to go back to work for Ohio schools. One of four states that chooses to take money out of the pockets of their retired public servants. This is unconstitutional.
February 3, 2010
Someone from Conway, SC signed.
February 5, 2010
Someone from Waco, TX writes:
We need this, please help us.
February 8, 2010
Someone from Quincy, MA signed.
February 8, 2010
Someone from Richmond, VA signed.
February 8, 2010
Someone from Richmond, VA signed.
February 9, 2010
Someone from Grand Prairie, TX writes:
My husband died two years agoo and because I work for the school district...I was told about this GPO and it made me sick to my stomach. Retirement is not an option now and I was going to retire this year....Anybody out there that can help...please HELP!
February 12, 2010
Someone from Rancho Mirage, CA writes:
Had I worked for Shell or Caterpillar or an other private section company, I would be eligibile to Social Security benefits from my ex husband to whom I was married 17 years. Because I worked for civil service, I am not eligible to his benefits....a serious inequity that needs to be corrected.
February 12, 2010
Someone from Orem, UT writes:
It is simply unacceptable to require me to pay 100% of the required amount of social secutity tax and then deny me more than 50% of what someone else, paying in the full amount receives. If you don't want to pay me according to what I paid in, then allow me to reduce my taxes accordingly. Better yet, please repeal this grossly unfair law NOW.
February 12, 2010
Someone from Ivor, VA signed.
February 12, 2010
Someone from Ivor, VA signed.
February 15, 2010
Someone from Jenkins, KY writes:
do what is right, give back what people have paid in
February 15, 2010
Someone from Pompano Beach, FL signed.
February 16, 2010
Someone from Northfield, OH signed.
7 years ago
Someone from Landing, NJ writes:
Please help us!
7 years ago
Someone from Hollywood, FL signed.
7 years ago
Someone from Pepperell, MA signed.
February 28, 2010
Someone from Marshfield, MA signed.
March 1, 2010
Someone from Independence, MO signed.
March 2, 2010
Someone from Conway, SC signed.
March 2, 2010
Someone from Enterprise, AL writes:
the windfall act is unfair and should be stopped. Why should I not be able to recieve the social security benifits I paid into before going to work for the Goverment. It's my money!!!
March 3, 2010
Someone from Enterprise, AL signed.
March 3, 2010
Someone from Denison, TX writes:
We should be able to collect the social security benefits that we paid in. The government pension offset is not fair.
March 3, 2010
Someone from Hazelhurst, WI writes:
Since mu husband died in 1994, I have had nothing but trouble with SS because of the pension offset. I could write a book about all the mistakes that have been made.
March 3, 2010
Someone from Monterey, CA writes:
We who have paid in to SS during our working life should be able to collect just like everyone else who paid in to the program. The current law treats us prevents this.
March 8, 2010
Someone from Louisville, KY writes:
I worked for the government for 26 years until the base I worked was closed due to base consolidation. I had to accept a decrease in my retirement due to the fact I was under 55. Now I retireed under Social Security and am penalized because I worked for the Government and get a downsized annunity from them. IS THIS FAIR??
March 9, 2010
Someone from Dermott, AR signed.
March 11, 2010
Someone from Woburn, MA signed.
March 12, 2010
Someone from Ogden, UT signed.
March 15, 2010
Someone from Belford, NJ writes:
The combined WEP/GPO laws breaks-the-backs of millions of workers who chose to serve in their professions long before WEP/GPO were enacted. These despicable laws that affect retirees, their spouses, survivors, and widows, must be repealed to correct 24 year of injustice to dedicated federal and state employees.