7 years ago
Someone from Seymour, TN writes:
Repeal this unfiar law. We are penalized for working after early retirement. SS cut to almost nothing because I recieve a OPM Pension.
September 24, 2009
Someone from Charlotte, NC signed.
September 24, 2009
Someone from Sharpsburg, GA writes:
In 2009, approximately 15 bills affecting Social Security (SS) in various ways await review and approval by Congress! Be responsible, represent the people, and repeal the GPO and Windfall provisions before you take on these new bills such as: S.2582-to give SS income to Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, Guam, and Samoa; H.219-Preservation Act; investing SS SURPLUS (?) funds; H.235 Fairness Act; S.115 Wages of illegals not to be credited for SS coverage; S.426-SS Solvency; etc.
September 24, 2009
Someone from San Pedro, CA signed.
October 1, 2009
Someone from Folsom, LA writes:
This is in my opinion with the mobility of workers in today's age, unconstitutional that I should be penalized.
October 1, 2009
Someone from Mandeville, LA writes:
I need the money had put into Social Security for all the years I worked in private industry. I resent the fact that I will not receive the money I put into that fund once I retire from teaching.
October 4, 2009
Someone from Conyers, GA signed.
October 4, 2009
Someone from Covington, LA writes:
After following my career military husband to an Air Force Base in Louisiana and obtaining a teaching position, I discovered too late that by doing so, I am not only stripped of the 40+ quarters I had previously paid into Social Security but also of any of my husband's earned benefits. I feel as if I have been robbed by my government. At the very least, I should receive, with interest, all the money I have paid into a system that has willing taken from me but now denies me payments. This is not only unjust; it's un-American.
October 7, 2009
Someone from Belleville, NJ writes:
Pass the Bill H.R. 235 and S. 484
October 7, 2009
Someone from Kearny, NJ signed.
October 14, 2009
Someone from Madisonville, LA writes:
After working in the private sector and earning all necessary quarters to qualify for Social Security benefits, it is unfair to penalize me because I went into the education field and now benefit from the state retirement system in Louisiana.
7 years ago
Someone from San Diego, CA writes:
The WEP is not fair to teachers, public employees, etc. I don't see how the name windfall even fits.
October 28, 2009
Someone from Hamilton, VA writes:
PLEASE REPEAL THIS H.R. 235
October 28, 2009
Someone from Orange Park, FL signed.
October 28, 2009
Someone from Orange Park, FL signed.
October 29, 2009
Someone from Sugar Land, TX writes:
Why discriminate against public employees who have dedicated their life to public service. We are not asking for a handout, we are only asking to be treated fairly like all the others who have contributed to Social Security. Why pick on public employees many other groups have penisons and these penisons do not offset the social security benefits they have earned. This unfair piece of legislation discourages those in the private sector from entering a public job when they find that their reward will be to loose approximately 60% of their Social Security. please correct this unfair piece of legislation that penalizes public employees.
October 31, 2009
Someone from Cossayuna, NY writes:
Please repeal WEP/GPO as it is unfair to federal employees who paid into Soc. Sec. They should have the same benefits as workers in private industry who collect full pensions and full social security benefits. Why are government employees singled out? It is so unfair.
October 31, 2009
Someone from Leominster, MA signed.
October 31, 2009
Someone from Dayton, OH signed.
November 1, 2009
Someone from Spring Branch, TX writes:
I worked all my life under social security; but since my wife is a civil service retiree, the GPO will prevent her from receiving any of my social security benefit after I die. She should be entitiled to the the same benefit as any other surviving spouse.
November 1, 2009
Someone from Chicago, IL signed.
November 5, 2009
Someone from Binghamton, NY writes:
Please suport the repeal of the pension offset. My mother is a civil service retiree and the GPO prevents her from receiving any social security benefit from her deceased husband; my father. To say the least, it's been a struggle when half of a monthly benefit is taken away and expenses stay the same.
November 7, 2009
Someone from Saint Louis, MO signed.
November 9, 2009
Someone from Williamstown, NJ writes:
Civil service retires should not be discriminated against because they receive a government pension as with WEP or GPO offsets. If we pay into Social Security and establish 40 credits, we should receive the same benefits as people who worked under Social Security. We are not asking for more but only what we are entitled too.
November 9, 2009
Someone from Williamstown, NJ writes:
November 9, 2009
Someone from Faribault, MN signed.
November 10, 2009
Someone from Milford, ME signed.
November 12, 2009
Someone from Philadelphia, PA signed.
7 years ago
Someone from Sherman Oaks, CA signed.
7 years ago
Someone from Wellborn, FL signed.
7 years ago
Someone from Bristol, CT signed.
7 years ago
Someone from Diamond Bar, CA signed.
7 years ago
Someone from Los Altos, CA writes:
Repeal this unfair law. It was never the purpose of this law to financially impact teachers, nurses, police etc. It is total discrimination that impacts mainly women. We do not ask for charity. We ask for what we are entitled to under the existing SS system. It is unfair to ask people who contributed to SS for their entire working lives,to be penalized by the system when the death of a spouse occurs.
November 27, 2009
Someone from Las Vegas, NV writes:
Repeal the WEP/GPO. Congress has already taken testimony about it's unfairness to public employees. Just repeal it.
December 8, 2009
Someone from Plymouth, MA signed.
December 9, 2009
Someone writes:
I get $350 month from state retirement and because I worked 23 years under SSN I am entitled to get $1500 month. From that they deduct $350...I could use it more than the government.
December 13, 2009
Someone from Concord, CA writes:
i worked in the private sector for thirty years. taught in oakland ca. for 16 years. i think i deserve my full ss. everyone i know agrees.
7 years ago
Someone from Rockford, IL writes:
My husband payed into social security for nearly 50 years and I paid in for 40 years. I later taught for 5 years and EARNED a modest government pension. Now, as a widow, I learn I will be entitled to receive only 1/3 of that pension. Totally unfair and with immense negative impact on retirement plans. Please repeal this grossly unfair legislation.
7 years ago
Someone from Leander, TX writes:
Grossly unfair to women who had a shortened career due to raising a family.
December 26, 2009