March 2, 2017
Cheryl S. from Orient, OH writes:
I have worked as a municipal employee for nearly 22 years. In addition, I worked in the private sector for over 15 years. My late husband worked all his life and paid into Social Security the entire time. He was also a Retired Captain in the Army Reserves. Tragically, he died in August 2011 of leukemia. I will turn 66 years old in May and have started collecting my husband's Social Security. The WEP/GPO is keeping me from retiring any time soon, as Social Security will be cut by 2/3 when I start collecting my pension. I still have a mortgage, many bills and other debts remaining since my husband's untimely death. Passing H.R. 973 to repeal this 1983 rule would help me tremendously, along with millions of others who are baby boomers like myself. I am certain that each of you have family members, or even you, can be positively affected this bill passing. I implore you to consider the fact that, like my late husband, many paid into social security with the intent that they or survivors would reap the benefits of their hard work. In conclusion, repealing the WEP/GPO would be beneficial to those of us who either worked hard to earn social security or are survivors of those who did.
March 2, 2017
Sharon S. from Oklahoma City, OK signed.
March 2, 2017
David S. from Oklahoma City, OK signed.
March 2, 2017
Someone from Pittsburgh, PA writes:
Unjust treatment that other pensioners don't get penalized for.
March 2, 2017
Someone from Canyon Country, CA writes:
My husband paid into Social Security for almost 40 years. He continued working until age 62 so he could collect Social Security. My husband unexpectedly passed away after collecting 2 Social Security checks. I paid into Social Security but the last 15 years of my work were with LA County and I was forced to retire due to medical reasons. My Social Security benefit is reduced by WEP but that isn't my main concern. I am unable to collect Spousal Benefits due to GPO. My husband paid into Social Security for almost forty years, collects 2 checks and due to my pension(not even enough to pay bills) Social Security gets to keep all the money my husband paid in? According to his 2015 Statement he paid approximately $100,000 into Social Security and he worked until August 2016.
March 3, 2017
SEO Australia S. signed.
March 3, 2017
Someone from Cape Coral, FL writes:
Why should I be punished just because I gave up 25 years of my life to protect and serve the people of my State.
March 3, 2017
Someone from Grapevine, TX writes:
Please support this bill. My mother worked at my highschool as an attendance aid. Before that she worked at an insurance company near our house. She loses 2/3rds of her social security benefit because half her career was private sector and the other half public. It's not double dipping. Plus she didn't know this would happen until she retired to care for her own aging mother. Please stop reducing benefits that she earned.
March 5, 2017
Someone from Morgan Hill, CA writes:
Most government workers work in the private sector at some point in their lives. They should not be penalized for spending the majority of their career in public service. I am not asking for benefits from a system I did not pay into, just to be compensated for my years in the private sector like everyone else.
March 5, 2017
Someone from Houston, TX writes:
I work as a teacher's aide in state of Texas.my income is About one third less than teachers. My trs pension is also about one third less.so why should I be penalized By the GPO.(cafeteria workers ; secretaries and etc.) So unfair
March 5, 2017
Phyllis M. from Raleigh, NC writes:
If my husband dies before I do, my income will go down by 2/3rds. All because my own social security check is offset by the GPO/WEP (my check is a whopping $24 per month) and I receive nothing as a wife due to the offset as my husband never worked for the federal government. If he dies, I should receive around $1900 per month as a widow, however, SSA had told me, due to the offset I might receive $500 but probably not even that due to the offsets.
March 6, 2017
Someone from Cohasset, MN writes:
Husband retired from Civil Service and has been self-employed for many years. He pays 15 percent of his income as a self-employed contractor now. I have worked 30 years under Social Security. Because of GPO and WEP, he will not receive anything as a spouse or being self-employed even though he is paying in significantly. So not fair.
March 6, 2017
stuart g. from Hamden, CT writes:
HR 1795 Repeal
March 6, 2017
Someone from Deltona, FL signed.
March 6, 2017
Someone from Denham Springs, LA writes:
My mother just passed away at 62. Because she was still working and my father is retired, he just lost an entire paycheck but continues to have the same bills. She has paid into social security her working life but because my father is getting a government pension from his years working with the state of Louisiana, he has been denied widower benefits from Social Securiry.
March 7, 2017
email settings e. writes:
"I ve read some good stuff here Definitely worth bookmarking for revisiting"
March 7, 2017
John J. from Anchorage, AK signed.
March 7, 2017
Someone from Lillington, NC writes:
I am a retired federal employee with 35 years of service. I am currently drawing a retirement from Office of Personnel Management. My husband is deceased and because of the GPO and Windfall Elimination Provision I cannot draw my spousal benefits from social security. People like myself who made a career out of federal service are penalized because we worked for the government, This is very unfair. Please support repeal of these unfair laws.
Deborah L. from Metairie, LA writes:
It is critical this repeal bill is approved to get rid of the GPO AND WEP!!! My only income is my CSRS Annuity. I have bee eligle for Social Security Spousal Benefits for years!!! It should be broadcast on the NEWS so people can contact their Congressional Representatives!!! Sincerely, God Bless, Deborah Jayne Leal 3-8-2017
March 8, 2017
Someone from Gilbertsville, KY writes:
This bill is so unfair. My husband died of cancer two years ago and I can't draw widows benefits because I am a teacher. I would like to know where all the money that was taken out of his check has gone. I have had to sell the farm that my husband and I bought together, plus I will have to either work more years or take on a second job to pay for all the medical bills during his illness. If I could draw benefits I could pay the bills off and enjoy a small portion of my life.
London L. signed.
March 9, 2017
London L. writes:
"Wonderful blog! I genuinely love how it is easy on my eyes and also the facts are well written. I am wondering how I may be notified whenever a new post has been made. I have subscribed to your rss feed which ought to do the trick! Have a nice day!"
Luxury Party Planners L. writes:
"You can definitely see your enthusiasm in the work you write. The world hopes for more passionate writers like you who aren?t afraid to say how they believe. Always go after your heart."
March 9, 2017
International Luxury Wedding I. writes:
"You completed a few nice points there. I did a search on the topic and found nearly all folks will consent with your blog."
March 10, 2017
Skateboards S. writes:
"You really make it seem so simple with your presentation but I find this topic before really hard to understand. It seems too complicated and very broad for me. I am looking forward for your next post."
March 10, 2017
Skateboard brands S. writes:
March 10, 2017
theresa b. from Metairie, LA writes:
If President Trump truly means to "Make America Great Again " he needs to focus on these 2 bills : the Government Pension Offset Bill , H.R. 1795 and The Windfall Elimination Bill H.R.711 and help to get them repealed for the people of this GREAT COUNTRY !
March 12, 2017
Bernadine G. from Pasadena, CA signed.
March 13, 2017
voip phone v. writes:
"It appears that you?ve put a good amount of effort into your article and I demand a lot more of these on the web these days. I sincerely got a kick out of your post. I do not have a bunch to say in reply, I only wanted to register to say, good work!"
March 15, 2017
sbobet s. writes:
"I just added your website on my blogroll. Really enjoyed reading through. Excellent information!"
March 15, 2017
wholesale football shirts w. writes:
"Resources like the one you mentioned here will be very useful to me! I will post a link to this page on my blog. I am sure my visitors will find that very useful."
March 15, 2017
Holly S. from Austin, TX writes:
The GPO and WEP are discriminatory toward public servants. Further, they discriminate by favoring the lifetime unemployed over the employed, specifically under circumstances where a spouse who has never paid into Social Security receives spousal SS benefits while a spouse who has paid into either TRS alone, or even TRS and SS, receives none.
1 week ago
George C. from Broomfield, CO writes:
When will someone take action on righting an injustice, especially to our elderly and public servants who dedicated their lives to our communities. We are not asking for something we are not entitled to but only what we had earned. If the public pension in anyway increased ones SSA benefits I could see a reduction but that is not the case.
6 days ago
Someone from Oklahoma City, OK signed.
5 days ago
Magnum Energy M. writes:
"I do agree with all the ideas you have presented in your post. They are very convincing and will definitely work. Thanks for the post."
5 days ago
nike iphone cases n. writes:
"hi, this is the first time i visit here, your blog is very interesting. i really like it."
5 days ago
removing virus from windows r. writes:
"Good blog, where did you come up with the knowledge in this piece of content? I?m glad I found it though, ill be checking back soon to see what other articles you have."
4 days ago
Chinese Green Tea C. writes:
1 day ago
Sanjuana R. from El Paso, TX writes:
I am a retired teacher. In 2004 I retired with a disability. Since I retired with a disability I receive a teachers pension for ( gross amount $1200. ) net $867. a month. Since I also qualified for social security on my own income because partially I worked and contributed to social security my SS was reduced to 468. (half of what I had contributed) because of the WEP rule. I also qualify for the spousal social security benefit and could receive about $618. under my husband social security because the GPO rule was not applicable on the year that I retired. I am currently appealing because I know I do qualify for the spousal benefit. The GPO AND THE WEP are very unfair rules. In my case, I had a small pension through Teachers retirement and also worked in other jobs and paid social security so fairly I am entitled to receive some social security and as a wife I am also partially entitled to my husband social security but due to GPO rule the rip off is big and it applies only to teachers, police, firefighters, postal workers, civil servants and state nurses. These two provisions need to be repealed. In my case adding up my social security $468.+$867.=$1335. a month is not enough to survive right now in my older years. The WEP and the GPO need to be repealed!