7 years ago
Someone from Carlisle, MA signed.
Someone from Carlisle, MA signed.
7 years ago
Someone from Peabody, MA signed.
7 years ago
Someone from Wakefield, MA signed.
June 27, 2009
Someone from Bonne Terre, MO signed.
June 28, 2009
Someone from Los Angeles, CA signed.
June 29, 2009
Someone from Natick, MA writes:
Many retired public school teachers like myself contributed to Social Security over the years in part time and summer employment with the expectation that their work would lead to a more comfortable retirement. Yet we will be unable to collect our hard-earned Social Security benefits upon reaching full retirement age or to collect a pension from our spouses' contributions. Although our pensions are generous at the beginning of retirement,they offer only very minimal protection against inflation. Due to this unfair offset provision, many of Massachusetts's dedicated teachers face later life in very difficult economic circumstances as inflation erodes the real value of their fixed incomes. In conclusion, I strongly support Bill H.R.235 to eliminate the Government Pension Offset and Windfall Elimination Provisions that unfaily impact people who have dedicated their working lives to public service.
June 29, 2009
Someone from Fayetteville, NC signed.
June 29, 2009
Someone from Fort Washington, MD writes:
Currently, and under this law I can receive no social security dispite the fact that I paid into the system for 22 years - not fair people !!
July 1, 2009
Someone from Hamilton, OH writes:
Please support this. It is not fair.
July 1, 2009
Someone from Venice, CA signed.
Someone from North Andover, MA writes:
Please support this bill. Thank You.
July 2, 2009
Someone from Church Hill, TN signed.
July 5, 2009
Someone from Capitola, CA writes:
repeal the windfall elimination provision!
July 6, 2009
Someone from Modesto, CA signed.
July 6, 2009
Someone from Santa Rosa, CA signed.
July 6, 2009
Someone from Santa Rosa, CA signed.
July 7, 2009
Someone from Mosier, OR signed.
July 10, 2009
Someone from Fayetteville, NC signed.
July 10, 2009
Someone from Lemon Grove, CA writes:
its now time to repeal the wep/gpo do whats fair for retirees that are trying to cope with the cost of living ..thx you
Someone from Pompano Beach, FL writes:
We are paying spouse's and widow's from foreign countries but not your own workers. This is a disgrace.
July 13, 2009
Someone from Tamarac, FL writes:
I worked extra hard my wholelife. Please do not penalize me.
July 15, 2009
Someone from Charlotte, NC writes:
I worked for 13 years for the City of Charlotte, paid into social security, before becoming employed with Federal Government. My spouse also paid into system before his death for 30 years. Now I am unable to recive anything from Social Security because of my government pensionn
7 years ago
Someone from Wichita, KS signed.
7 years ago
Someone from Lima, OH writes:
Public servants in state and federal retirement systems are being punished for their work after they have qualified for Social Security Retirement. The Government Pension Offset and Windfall Elimination Provision are totally unfair to these hard working patriots. Please press for a vote on these measures to correct this loss to your loyal voters. Ron H/ Lima, Ohio
7 years ago
Someone from Marblehead, MA writes:
Teachers, postal workers and other civil servants are being unjustly penalized. Please be fair to them and repeal the WEP/GPO
7 years ago
Someone from Natchez, MS signed.
7 years ago
Someone from Natchez, MS signed.
7 years ago
Someone from Sugar Land, TX writes:
Just apply the law fairly. We are only asking for what has been earned and paid for.
7 years ago
Someone from Eureka Springs, AR writes:
It's the only FAIR thing to do
7 years ago
Someone from Holiday Island, AR writes:
In these difficult times, those who have served as civil servants should have this penalty to their income removed. It is fair and right to do so. To keep the penalty against them is unAmerican and unfair. Please vote to repeal the government pension offset provision.
Someone from Newton, MA writes:
What is the rationale for this provision, anyways? Didn't we make full required payments in both systems? Please eliminate this discriminatory provision.
Someone from Littleton, CO writes:
It is difficult to get along these days on a small federal pension and 40% of my social security which I paid into for 24 years.
July 30, 2009
Someone from Hilton Head Island, SC writes:
After 35 years as a public school teacher in Texas, where low teacher pay is the norm, and after qualifying on my own work record in other employment for Social Security, I am again being penalized for choosing public service by being denied the Social Security Reirement benefits I have earned. Disgraceful.
July 30, 2009
Someone from Highland, CA signed.
July 30, 2009
Someone from San Diego, CA writes:
I support this bill as I have lost out on some money and its not our fault that where we worked was not in Social Security. They don't pay us a bigger pension because of it.
August 2, 2009
Someone from Yorba Linda, CA writes:
I was a stay-at-home wife and mother (4 kids)for most of 31 years. Widowed at 51, went to work till age 70 at a city job and lost all my widow's SS benefit at retirement. This is not offset, but nullification. I am now retired on a pension of 18.9 years and only a reduced benefit (WEP) on my own meagre SS record of $144. If Congress can find money for TARP, etc., why not us......? No more excuses! You don't have money for the stimulus, health care, etc. either.
August 4, 2009
Someone from Covelo, CA writes:
I worked at a City job for 5 years and contributed to my retirement under PERS; at 62 I became disabled, but thought I would wait to apply for my PERS retirement until 65; now they're telling me that to receive about $275/mo. that they might take away a part or the equivalent of this benefit from my social security payment of only $798/mo. This is absurd, and is a penalty for having worked a civil service job for only a few years! Please stop this absurdity by repelling the GPO and WEP provisions.
August 4, 2009
Someone from Covelo, CA signed.
August 7, 2009
Someone from Lake Forest, CA writes:
I worked in the private sector for 18 years, my deceased husband for 35 years. We both paid into Social Security. Later I worked for Orange County Children and Family Services for 11 years and now my Social Security has been reduced from $1700 as a widow, to $520. I am penalized more than $14,000 a year although my husband and I together worked more than 53 years and contributed to Social Security during that time. Please repeal these grossly inequitable provisions.