Someone from Longwood, FL writes:
I will do everything in my power to insure that those who vote for this legislation join all of the other poor American Sole's collecting unemployment. Back of the line please!
August 6, 2009
Someone from Evansville, WI signed.
Someone from Hope, AR writes:
If Congress and the administration are so interested in reform, they should start with reforming the bloated, festering, sewer that is our federal government and leave us alone.
Someone from Atlanta, GA writes:
We need less Government and more competition. We need to break down the state by state regulations and barriers. The government lacks the ability and the expertise to run a competitive, high quality health care option.
August 6, 2009
Someone from Brookfield, WI signed.
Someone from Allen, TX writes:
No government run healthcare or government run anything for that matter!!
August 6, 2009
Someone from Orlando, FL signed.
Someone from Chicago, IL writes:
Guys, we really should not be signing or sending anything to ANYONE! First of all, BHO has assumed control, it doesn't matter what we do, there is nothing that can stop him but GOD. Secondly, he will gather all of the names of those who oppose him and then HUNT THEM DOWN like dogs. We are all toast...this thing was over a long time ago.
Someone from Fort Myers, FL writes:
IF this Health Care Plan is SOOOOOO GOOOOD then why isn't EVERY member of Congress signed up for it and willing to wait in line for care like he rest of us would have to? Because it STINKS !!!!!
August 6, 2009
Someone from Toronto, OH signed.
Someone from Atlanta, GA writes:
While I agree that the current system is broken and has problems, this legislation is NOT the answer. The bottom line is this: If it is NOT good enough & mandatory for congressional members, then it isn't good enough for the average U.S. citizen.
August 6, 2009
Someone from Jefferson, WI signed.
August 6, 2009
Someone from Duluth, GA signed.
Someone from Franklin, WI writes:
Please don't go ahead with this bill for Health Care Reform. This is the last thing this country needs right know. I will do what I can to make sure that who ever vote's yes to this bill does join the unemployment line. I use to call my self a demacrat.
Someone from Phoenix, AZ writes:
Please stop the expansion of government. Our nation's greatest strength has always been its weak government. As the government gains control over the people and further intrudes into the people's lives, the weaker and less prosperous our nation will be.
August 6, 2009
Someone from Forest Hills, NY signed.
Someone from Roscoe, IL writes:
When my time approaches I want to choose and not be counseled into dying. I want to live like a FREE AMERICAN. It is my God given right. I am a citizen not a subject.Those people are my representatives, not my masters.
Someone from Holbrook, NY writes:
Stop the dictatorship!!!
August 6, 2009
Someone from Powhatan, VA signed.
Someone from Jackson, MS writes:
"Universal" health care will not be so. It will be rationed to only those the state can or chooses to afford to treat. Beware if you are elderly, handicapped or disabled, terminally ill, or of an undesirable ethnicity. Planned Parenthood founder and eugenicist Margaret Sanger would have LOVED this so that she could have more rapidly rid her America of undesirable ethnic groups: Blacks, Jews, and, at the time, non-WASP European immigrants.
Someone from Sarasota, FL writes:
Why are we paying for illegal aliens health insurance?
Someone from Pittsburgh, PA writes:
As a Vet I have had Gov health care.... I VOTE NO!
August 6, 2009
Someone from Ellicott City, MD signed.
Someone from Greenacres, WA writes:
First of all, Medical Insurance Reform without mention of Liability Reform is akin to fixing the tires on the car, without fixing the glass and nail ridden road ahead. THE driving force for medical expenditures in the country is LIABILITY. Believe me I know. As an ER MD I treat 30-40 patients per shift. I order at least 10-15, $5,000 tests per shift JUST TO COVER my BEHIND...What a sham...leave it to the lawyers to fix healthcare. How about we get a bunch of Doctors together and tell the Lawyers how to run a courtroom, who they can, and cannot sue... Second Point... If I hear the phrase "50 Million Uninsured" again I am going to PUKE. This phrase is the biggest LIE ever told to gain a strangle hold on public policy in American history. And I should know, this field is my area of research. We want to change our whole system based on this one lie!! You here it quoted over, and over, and over. Well, here are the FACTS. -Number of Uninsured: Approximately 40 million (1). This estimate varies widely from 25 million to 50 million and includes people who are both ?chronically uninsured,? meaning for more than a year, and ?transitionally uninsured,? those who will regain coverage (due to changing or gaining employment, or switching plans) within 6 months. The Congressional Budget Office estimates annually that 45-55% of the uninsured under the age of 65 (all individuals over 65 are eligible for Medicare) have health insurance within 4 months (2). -Number of uninsured immigrants in the United States: over 10 million (4). There is no good estimate as to the number of immigrants who are uninsured. Census data usually includes all individuals living in the United States. The best estimate for the number of uninsured individuals who are immigrants, particularly those who are undocumented, is staggering: approximately 80-90% (4). -Uninsured rates for low-income Americans (less than 100% Federal Poverty Level) vary greatly. Most states estimate that fewer than 50% of the individuals eligible for governmental programs actually enroll (5). -Number of people who can afford health insurance and do not choose to participate in a plan: 15-20 million (6). Over 8 million people making between $50,000 and $75,000 did not buy health insurance in 2005. Likewise over 9 million people making more than $75,000 did not purchase health insurance that same year. You cannot force people to buy insurance, plain and simple..this is AMERICA. -Of the 40 million uninsured Americans, 10-15 % have jobs but are either not offered health insurance, or cannot afford it in the private market (6). Most are self employed, or ineligible for COBRA (Consolidated Omnibus Reconciliation Act) coverage: part-time, or working in a business with fewer than 20 people. CAN YOU SAY MEDICAL SAVINGS ACCOUNT? If I see one more person wearing a $200 silk Philadelphia Eagles jacket tell me they cannot go to Wallmart to buy a $4 prescription, or save $50 per month to pay for healthcare expenditures,,,I am going to puke. To me, these numbers are reassuring. A large portion of the uninsured will generally go on to find health insurance (even a low estimate is 10 million), and over 15 million people just opt not to buy insurance. That leaves by conservative standards 15 million people who truly need help purchasing insurance. Why are we taking a Hatchet to an almost non-existant wound when all we need is a needle? References: 1) The Kaiser Commission on Medicaid and the Uninsured. ?Who are the Uninsured? A Consistent Profile Across National Surveys? August 2006 2) The Congressional Budget Office Economic and Budget Issue Brief. ?How Many People Lack Health Insurance and For How Long?? May 2004. 3) DeNavas-Walt C, Proctor B, Mills R. ?Income, Poverty, and Health Insurance Coverage in the United States: 2004. Current Population Reports, Series P-60. Washington: US Government Printing Office. 2004 4) DeNavas-Walt C, Proctor B, Lee CH. ?Income, Poverty, and Health Insurance Coverage in the United States: 2005? The Census Bureau Report, Aug 2006 5) Remler, D et al. ?What Other Programs Can Teach Us: Increasing Participation in Health Insurance Programs,? American Journal of Public Health, January 2003. 6) State Coverage Initiatives, An Initiative of the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, ?Why are People Uninsured??
Someone from Covington, LA writes:
THE TROUBLE WITH US HEALTHCARE IS NOT THE CARE. The biggest problems with US health care today are the poor choices people make with their lifestyles,the massive numbers of illegal immigrants showing up in ERs who by law must be treated, lack of competition, lack of price transparency, and laws favoring trial lawyers not patients and physicians. FIX THIS FIRST AND WE CAN TALK ABOUT THE REST, SECOND. My healthcare provider, sevices and costs are excellent. Do not disturb!
August 6, 2009
Someone from Fountain Hills, AZ signed.
Someone from Jackson, MS writes:
The USA already has gov't run health care: Medicaid, Medicare, SCHIP, and Veterans' Hospitals. These programs are woefully inefficient, wasteful, and offer inadequate care to its patrons. Yet, this Administration and Congress propose more gov't operated health programs? No thank you. Try instead lifting restrictions on cross-state purchasing of insurance and Medical Savings Accounts. Health insurance should run more like auto insurance: the patron pays for check-ups and small visits, but puts money aside for catastrophic care. When consumers shop around, physicians will want to post and lower prices to attract patients. And who says employers must offer insurance? Wasn't this a post WWII innovation offered by companies to attract employees or steal them from competitors, a similar ploy banks used when giving away toasters? Allow people to shop around just like I just changed auto insurance online.
August 6, 2009
Someone from Gallipolis, OH signed.
August 6, 2009
Someone from Huntington, WV signed.
August 6, 2009
Someone from Allen, TX signed.
August 6, 2009
Someone from Medina, OH signed.
Someone from Thiensville, WI writes:
This Administration and Congress is the most corrupt, deceitful and inept bunch of losers ever assembled. They are ruining this once great nation. There used to be statesmen in office who knew how to think and manage. Name one statesman today! The Government can't run a choo choo train and not lose money for 35 years. If you like debt in the trillions for Medicare and SS, you'll love goverment health care 10 years from now...assuming you are young enough and healthy enough to get past the euthanasia!!!
August 6, 2009
Someone from Denver, CO signed.
August 6, 2009
Someone from Madison, AL signed.
Someone from Dawsonville, GA writes:
Don't mess with my health care. I take personal responsibility for my health and for any care I may need. That includes making my own decisions. You are so way out of touch with NORMAL Americans. Who the hell is speaking for me? Not OBAMA.
Someone from Bloomington, IL signed.
August 6, 2009
Someone from Chesapeake, VA signed.
Someone from Plano, TX writes:
This is, by definition, taxation without representation.
Someone from Jasper, GA writes:
Members of congress should go first !!
Someone from West Olive, MI writes: