279 Public Comments So Far

January 15, 2016
Someone from Portage, MI signed.
January 15, 2016
Someone from Portage, MI writes:
I support this petition because the long wait for Green card hinders college education for many academically bright students.
Someone from Wayland, MI signed.
Someone from Wayland, MI signed.
January 15, 2016
Someone from Carrollton, TX writes:
I support, if h4 EAD depdent spouse canwork then why not H4 decpend children has right to get education scholarship ? After all education ed should be based on capacity of the student and not based on immigration status
1 year ago
Someone from Jericho, NY writes:
I support this.
1 year ago
Someone from Allegan, MI writes:
I support this.
1 year ago
Someone from Portage, MI writes:
I support this petition and request to allow EAD for dependent children on H4 visa.
February 3, 2016
Someone from Fords, NJ writes:
I Support this petition and request to allow EAD for dependent children on h4 visa.
February 16, 2016
Someone from Durham, NC writes:
I support this.
February 16, 2016
Someone from Omaha, NE writes:
This will help kids to get more options and opportunities.
1 year ago
Someone from Edison, NJ signed.
1 year ago
Someone from Irvine, CA writes:
I support this because long wait for green card hinders college education for many bright students.. Please consider EAD for dependent children on H4.
1 year ago
Someone from Pleasanton, CA writes:
I support this.
February 27, 2016
Someone from Syracuse, NY writes:
please consider documented college kids for H4 EAD......support new generation
11 months ago
Someone from Buffalo Grove, IL writes:
My H4 dependent kids will be going to college in 2 years. My daughter wants to study in United States and become a Medical Doctor. I may be forced to send her study outside of USA to manage college fees and expenses.Please consider legal residents dependent kids for H4 EAD.
May 5, 2016
Someone from Fremont, CA writes:
Pls..Pls. help the kids of h1 worker..
Someone from Van Nuys, CA signed.
May 12, 2016
Someone from Fremont, CA writes:
This is really a punishment for the kids with H4. They even can't do internship..Unless you feel can't think how frustrated these kids are. Pls. help these innocent kids
May 16, 2016
Someone from Missouri City, TX writes:
My daughter on H4 is attending college. She did not get any fed or state grant, scholarship or aid of any sort. She cannot even apply for FAFSA. We've been waiting on our priority dates to get current since almost a decade. Next year she turns 21 and drops off the Derivative beneficiary of becoming a PR based on my application. She no longer will be considered an in state for tuition and has to change from H$ to F1. Is this what the kids deserve of no fault of theirs? It's almost as if we committed a crime coming to this country in the legal way. Illegal immigrant kids have been given all these benefits, then why differentiate. Doesn't any one care for the dreams of such kids in the country of dreams. Please join me by writing to your senator, governor, director of USCIS, Ombudsman and also the President. These kids need help. They need equal opportunity.
May 29, 2016
Someone from Universal City, TX writes:
I have been in US for last 10 years. From the current movement in priority date, I can not expect to get green card in another 10 years. This is grave injustice to not allow our kids not qualify for any scholarship or internship. Just because the delay in getting green card.
June 1, 2016
Someone from Grand Rapids, MI writes:
My son has been in the US for the past several years and has a GPA of 4.1 but he is not eligible for any scholarships . They should atleast be allowed to take internship. I really wish that h4 kids be given H4 ead. Please do not punish the kids and they consider US as their home.
June 2, 2016
Someone from Collierville, TN writes:
It is really heartbreaking and unfortunate that my children have to go back to home country after spending 10 years here just because my priority date is not current after their petition have been approved. USA is the only country they call their own and they are at loss to understand why they cant live here just because they turn 21.
June 5, 2016
Someone from Phoenix, AZ signed.
June 7, 2016
Someone from Bridgeport, CT writes:
I am a student of gateway community college in New Haven, Ct, My dad is the only working individual in my house and he works and puts in tremendous effort to run our family, send both of his kids (myself and my brother to school), and many other things. Growing up in United States has a huge impact on the kids, as the Americanized life takes toll on the young ones as they adopt is within no time. By the time they are old enough to get a job or an internship just like their school or college mates, they are not ableto because they are on H4 visa. by the time they are about to get the green card, they have to change their visa from h-4 to F-1 because they are 21, now spending almost their whole life in the united states looking forward for a bright future in this great country, the F-1 visa just throws one back to if they were going to stay in united states or not. even if they do, it is going to be really hard to get a job in the future because they have not had any "experience" in the H-4 visa is just making it harder for someone who possible are looking forward to study and find a job in the U.S. at the end of the day, we are paying fare amount of taxes. But when the individual changes to F-1 Visa it all starts all over again and we are back to page 1. it would be very beneficial and also good for the economy if the H4 visa immigrants are allowed to intern in their field.
Someone from Ashburn, VA writes:
Please help the kids
June 15, 2016
Someone from San Diego, CA signed.
June 26, 2016
Someone from Cupertino, CA signed.
June 29, 2016
Someone from Edison, NJ writes:
The immigration system is so flawed. Indians have to wait close to 15-20 years to get a green card. I grew up in this country, but I can't even stay here. I feel like I am being punished for being born Indian. I literally have no benefits even after paying taxes for like 12 years. I feel like slavery is still alive in the form of immigration. Hopefully, the system can be made better and I can get my green card.
July 3, 2016
Someone from Walterboro, SC signed.
July 4, 2016
Someone from Marietta, GA signed.
July 6, 2016
Someone from Redding, CA signed.
July 9, 2016
Someone from Cupertino, CA signed.
July 9, 2016
Someone from Allentown, PA writes:
I support this, please help h4 visa kids
July 16, 2016
Someone from Burlingame, CA signed.
7 months ago
Someone from Irving, TX writes:
I was searching on how to prepare and apply for the National Merit Scholarship for my son who is now entering high school, 9th grade and learnt that one needs to be a citizen or have permanent resident status or have applied for I-485 at the minimum. With my Priority Date being pushed back to 2005, my ETA for the I-485 seems to be 2028. This is just a tickle compared to the shock that my son will be facing in the years to come. We have been staying for over 10 years and still in the queue for I-485. I now wonder if i did the right thing in pursuing school education for my son here in the US. I realize now that without the I485 status, he will not be able to go to colleges of his choice, cannot get financial aid, cannot seek scholarships, cannot continue to get in-state tuition rates after he turns 21 and also has to change to f1 visa status losing the benefits of getting a green card, start afresh all over inspite of our stay here in the US for over 10 years. This is very unfortunate for our aspiring children and disheartening for the entire family. I hope and pray this petition reaches our law makers, senators, governers, congress who can help to ensure this immigration process is fixed at the earliest to remedy these drawbacks that are very harsh on our children who are living the American Dream. I hope their dreams come true. Thanks for putting this petition together. Please spread the word about this petition and lets voice our concern and ensure a bright future for our children.
7 months ago
Someone from Irving, TX writes:
7 months ago
Someone from Lansdale, PA signed.
7 months ago
Someone from Marietta, GA writes:
I support this petition !!
7 months ago
Someone from Menomonee Falls, WI signed.