January 6, 2016
Someone from Maitland, FL writes:
Like many people I went to the University of Phoenix later in life to get my degree and try to get a better paying job. I racked up 30,000 in student loan debt and never got my degree. When I was finished with classes, somehow my past credits were no longer accepted. I got so mad I just quit. I attempted to work out a payback deal, but they wanted more than I could pay. They were not willing to take my expenses into account. It's been 10 years and they are still hounding me. My debt is almost 60,000 now. This year they took my small income tax return and are now threatening wage garnishment and withdrawal of my social security. I work for myself and make just enough to live a decent life. I cannot pay 15% of my income, I would not be able to pay my mortgage, buy food, or insurance, which we are all now required to purchase. I don't ask for much help from anyone, but I would sure like this debt to go away. What a load it would be off my shoulders. I had to file bankruptcy in 2011, but hey, your student loan debt doesn't count. Please help us get rid of this unbelievably heavy and totally useless debt. Sincerely, Kari Quast
January 6, 2016
Someone from Fort Worth, TX writes:
Tuition hikes were astronomocal when I attended from 2002 to 2006.
January 6, 2016
Someone from Salem, VA signed.
January 6, 2016
Someone from River Falls, WI writes:
I attended UoP from 2008-2010. I graduated with an Associates Degree in Healthcare Administration. I did gain employment almost immediately at a local clinic, but only making $1 more an hour than I was at a gas station previously. I have been with the same company for 5 years now, making better money but still considerably less than what they promised. Employers do laugh at this degree. I paid $18,000 + to get a degree to better myself and now I'm trapped because my degree means nothing. They also told me they were accredited.
January 6, 2016
Someone from Hollywood, FL signed.
January 6, 2016
Someone from Detroit, MI signed.
January 6, 2016
Someone from Lexington, VA writes:
I attended UoP online 2009-2011. I was talked into taking classes to get my Associates degree in Health Care Administration, I completed the courses and received my diploma. I have not been able to land a job in the Health Care industry. I am currently unemployed and have a loan balance of over $20000.00. My passion was and always will be to find a career in Health Care but with my accumulated debt I am unable to further my education at this time.
January 6, 2016
Someone from Hollywood, FL signed.
January 6, 2016
Someone from Orlando, FL signed.
January 6, 2016
Someone from Blue Springs, MO signed.
Someone from Little Chute, WI writes:
I quickly acquired $30,000 in debt. The degree has not helped me in any way in my career. I however have lost wages by garnishments and lost tax returns because of the debts.
January 7, 2016
Someone from San Diego, CA signed.
January 7, 2016
Someone from Tucson, AZ signed.
January 7, 2016
Someone from Memphis, TN signed.
January 7, 2016
Someone from Cary, NC signed.
January 7, 2016
Someone from Oklahoma City, OK signed.
January 7, 2016
Someone from Sterling, VA signed.
January 7, 2016
Someone from Pittsburgh, PA signed.
Someone from Magna, UT writes:
Exorbitant fees and a degree that hasn't done much of anything for us. Wages haven't risen. Crushing debt.
Someone from Awendaw, SC writes:
Did not receive transferring credits now that I'm attending another school for my BA. I have $20k in debt with a useless degree!
January 7, 2016
Someone from Lehi, UT signed.
January 7, 2016
Someone from Orange, CA signed.
January 7, 2016
Someone from Hope Mills, NC signed.
January 7, 2016
Someone from Marietta, GA signed.
Someone from Commerce, OK writes:
I attended UOP from 09-12, have nothing to show for it. They made me think I HAD to get student loans ease my grants didn't cover my schooling. So I did. Then they told me they would send the 8k left over back to the lender. Then why do I owe the full amount I originally borrowed? Lies. And none of the classes transfer to other colleges. I can't buy a home, a car, or even get a decent job seeing as some jobs now do credit checks. UOP ruined my life
January 7, 2016
Someone from Phoenix, AZ signed.
Someone from Sacramento, CA writes:
Attend
Someone from Orangevale, CA writes:
This school is an absolute fraud and racket.
January 7, 2016
Someone from O Fallon, MO signed.
Someone from Boise, ID writes:
I finished top of my class at UoP with an 3.89 GPA. I have been turned down buy dozens of employers in my field. I owe over 70 grand and only make 13 dollars Ann hour. I cannot purchase a home because of my student loan debt. The degrees from UoP are worthless.
January 8, 2016
Someone from Twin Falls, ID writes:
I graduated with a 3.63 and have been on many interviews, but that is as far as it goes. I always get a rejection email from potential employers. The false hope they fill us with really puts financial strain on us. When we realize how much debt we are racking up, it is too late to stop. We continue with hopes of getting a job paying 50 grand a year.
January 8, 2016
Someone from Sylmar, CA signed.
January 8, 2016
Someone from Aurora, CO writes:
The federal government has allowed these colleges to rake in millions of dollars off the back of consumers with no intention of offering the education required for a better quality of life, yet the government has allowed them to saddle people like myself with years of debt. This is so wrong on so many levels. I graduated with a GPA of 3.8 and it wasn't untill I went through the WIA program through my state was able to get certifications that have put me on a path of financial success, which is kind of ironic because the cost of training and sitting for the exams totaled $4000. Now that I have a real career with no help from UOP, I still have to deal with repaying $ 25000 in student loans for a degree that isn't worth the paper it is printed on.
January 8, 2016
Someone from Richmond, VA signed.
January 8, 2016
Someone from Murfreesboro, TN writes:
I have a degree from UOP and I find that this degree is useless. I cannot get hired in the IT field because it appears that most employers think UOP is a joke. Now I have $60,0000 in student loan debt and nothing to show for it.
January 8, 2016
Someone from Loudon, TN writes:
Up supposedly gave my daughter a master's degree, with thousands of dollars in debt and she still can't get a good job.
January 8, 2016
Someone from Monroe, LA writes:
They say that i owe them 912.00
January 8, 2016
Someone from Washington, PA signed.
January 8, 2016
Someone from Sumter, SC signed.
January 8, 2016
Someone from Kansas City, KS signed.