January 1, 2016
Someone from Schenectady, NY signed.
January 1, 2016
Someone from Pasadena, TX writes:
Hello, I attended the University of Phoenix due to the class schedule they offered. I have accrued a huge amount of debt and have not nor will I benefit from my "education". Please help me and my family get rid of this debt. We live in an apartment and struggle monthly to pay regular bills. Please help me.
January 1, 2016
Someone from Fort Pierce, FL signed.
January 1, 2016
Someone from Coarsegold, CA writes:
I'm pretty much in the same boat as everyone else. I owe over $30,000 for an accounting degree that has done nothing for me. I can't get a job with my degree because companies fear I haven't learned enough in college. Time for something to be done and for all of us to make a stand.
January 1, 2016
Someone from Vancouver, WA writes:
My step son had a similar experience with ITT teck , most of the people that he talked to that graduated couldn't find work and those that complained they gave the jobs as instructors.
Someone from Washington, IL writes:
Lots of debt that I thought was grants n did not know was loans until too late!
January 2, 2016
Someone from Philadelphia, PA signed.
Someone from Olean, NY writes:
I have almost $80,000.00 in student debt from a Master's of Science that is worth less than the paper it's printed on. I want to know if there is a lawsuit in New York State for this as well?,
Someone from Pacoima, CA writes:
I attended UOP for my BA and my masters. I have been applying for jobs and many employers do not acknowledge it. I feel that having the degree has put me in complete debt and has done nothing for me. Also they do not help you find employment which is another factor with the school. I think they should be helping those who come from the school be assisted with better employment.
Someone from Owingsville, KY writes:
This school is a rip off! I don't see how they are still open. I worked my butt off to keep straight A's and did so successfully, however my last class was interesting... I did not read any material I did no research, I decided not to even try I answered and did all my homework wondering if they even cared... They didn't, even though I never tried in this class I still got an A... The teachers or instructors are lazy and do not care, this school is pointless... I hope we all can get out of their debt and provide for our loved ones instead of this scam school..
January 2, 2016
Someone from Windsor Mill, MD signed.
January 2, 2016
Someone from Fort Worth, TX signed.
Someone from San Diego, CA writes:
LONG Overdue!
January 2, 2016
Someone from Jacksonville, FL signed.
January 2, 2016
Someone from Modesto, CA signed.
January 2, 2016
Someone from Meridian, ID signed.
January 2, 2016
Someone from Grants Pass, OR signed.
January 3, 2016
Someone from Sterling Heights, MI signed.
Someone from San Antonio, TX signed.
January 3, 2016
Someone from Saint Louis, MO signed.
January 3, 2016
Someone from Roanoke, VA signed.
January 3, 2016
Someone from San Jose, CA signed.
January 3, 2016
Someone from Partlow, VA writes:
I was mislead by them from the beginning !! Not only is it not accredited but when I fist talk with an academic advisor I told them I was a felon but wanted to go into psychology.. Asked could I still get a job or state license with a felony and was told I could !! Wasted time money and missed money from work because I could not work overtime and keep up with school.. Is there a suite in progress for damages as well?
January 3, 2016
Someone from Hillside, NJ writes:
Employers do NOT take this degree seriously. I'm embarrassed to even say I attended this school. I have watched this school be the but of jokes in movies. Again, I'm embarrassed with a useless degree.
January 3, 2016
Someone from Cleveland, OH writes:
Have spent 8 years and 185,000 on a DBA through UOPX. Can not even get a job at McDonalds.
January 3, 2016
Someone from New Orleans, LA signed.
January 3, 2016
Someone from Casper, WY signed.
January 3, 2016
Someone from Oklahoma City, OK writes:
This degree is worthless and the bill for it is indescribably depressing.
January 3, 2016
Someone from Edmond, OK signed.
Someone from Edmond, OK writes:
This degree is worthless!! Outrageous tuition paid!!
January 4, 2016
Someone from Orlando, FL signed.
January 4, 2016
Someone from Herriman, UT signed.
January 4, 2016
Someone from Columbia, SC signed.
January 4, 2016
Someone from San Jose, CA writes:
I have both BS and MBA and I cannot find job in my field! And I am up to my eyeballs in student loan debt that I just cannot afford! I need help but UOP isn't doing anything for me
January 4, 2016
Someone from Cedar Park, TX signed.
January 4, 2016
Someone from Salt Lake City, UT writes:
I signed up w/ intent of getting a degree in psychology. Was convinced through school counselors that everything was accredited and that loans would be realistically payable. I did all my work for my classes, but since I had such a difficult time w/ writing my papers in their format I either got a low grade or didn't pass, which lead to having to pay to retake class out of my own pocket. Mind you my degree was in psychology, not Writing or English. Even though I did all the research to write my paper & followed along w/ having to be in "chat room" to converse about certain subjects, I still didn't get credit because my paper didn't pass their formatting. I work full time, am also full time single parent of two, with no guarantee of when I get child support, if I get any. When I tried to file deferment on my loans, my advisor told me I didn't qualify because I made too much money for my household. My son worked part time making $7/hr approximately 10-20 hr a week, so they included that as my income. He was 16 years old. In which, I can not claim his income as mine for any reason, but am fully financially responsible for his living, school, & health expenses. I do not feel I learned anything from this school, except that writing papers is more important to them than actually providing an education to students. Their online program you do all the work. You are provided reading material & told to write papers that have minimal relation to what you are apparently learning. No "real" teacher instructions or learning. But you still have to check in w/ the instructor daily for "room chat". I was so extremely disappointed w/ their promises of getting a Bachelors in Psychology, their repayment plans being realistic, and being such a "supportive and student friendly" school. Now I have apparently $13000 in a student loan from four classes, one which was a mandatory "prep only" class to walk you through their system & getting on daily for "chat room" discussions. Which is same price as any other class they offer with out receiving any actual credit or any real education. I have been trying to fight my loans for few years now, fighting for deferment, incorrect loan amounts, & provided false information about their school course & technique of "teaching". Now I'm being sent to collections with an additional $3500 added on for "fees". UOP did nothing but provide an outrageous debt for my schooling, with no education.
January 4, 2016
Someone from Fayetteville, AR signed.
January 4, 2016
Someone from Murfreesboro, TN signed.
January 4, 2016
Someone from Houston, TX writes:
I'm a graduate with a huge student loan debt from UoP
January 4, 2016
Someone from San Francisco, CA writes:
Completed MS in counseling marriage, family, and child therapy. School is not accredited by California council on social work. Was misled during orientation of accreditation and state wide acceptance of degree.