1 year ago
Someone from Odessa, TX signed.
Someone from Cumming, GA writes:
The degree was not worth anything. I haven't been able to get a job on the field that pays enough to cover the student loan payments.
1 year ago
Someone from Sherwood, AR signed.
Someone from Orlando, FL writes:
almost 50,000 in debt and no degree but carried a 3.85 GPA couldn't afford to pay it and still cant afford to pay back the loans of nearly 500 a month
Someone from Euclid, OH signed.
1 year ago
Someone from Jacksonville, NC signed.
Someone from Lawton, OK writes:
I received a degree from UOP in May of 2014. I owe a horrendous amount of money and have no job that is in the area of my degree. I have applied multiple times to both state and federal (which are really the only jobs for someone of my degree) and have not been hired. I did receive attention on one federal job because it had to do with my profession I am in which is maintenance. I have nothing to show for my degree other than a piece of paper that cost me almost 60000 US Dollars.
Someone from Fort Collins, CO writes:
I had a scholarship for a free bachelors degree - They revoked it on a technicality that I didn't post to class and did not meet attendance for two weeks (posted once in both weeks vs two times). In previous years with UOP they would email me notifying me I was not meeting attendance - this time they never notified me and revoked my scholarship. Now they are over charging me for classes 'dropped' when I just changed my schedule and over the phone they confirmed I would not be charged for them. Of course their phone calls are not recorded. Not to mention the professors that would not allow extensions on assignments when I had family members die and had to take care of their affairs. I need a lawyer. These people are horrible.
1 year ago
Someone from Jacksonville, FL signed.
1 year ago
Someone from Jacksonville, FL signed.
Someone from Raleigh, NC writes:
My current loan balance is $140,000 which includes roughly $42,000 in accrued interest. Based on my UoP degree, employer's have laughed at me when applying for positions within my field and not taken my education as serious as I took it. I attended UoP on two separate occassions. The first time for my MBA and the second for my MSA. My monthly payments are well over $1000/month but I only make $40,000 per year at my job. So, I have to apply for the IBR plan which lowers my payment based on my income. However, paying $100 a month when my loans accrue $700 a month in interest is ridiculous. I was taught growing up to go to school, get an education, work hard, it'll pay off. I've worked hard for 17 years and have absolutely nothing but debt to show for it. I worry everyday for my future and how I am going to support a family when and if that time comes.
1 year ago
Someone from Dacula, GA signed.
1 year ago
Someone from Katy, TX signed.
1 year ago
Someone from Tacoma, WA signed.
1 year ago
Someone from Arlington, TX signed.
1 year ago
Someone from Hazel Crest, IL signed.
Someone from Pinnacle, NC signed.
Someone from Denver, CO writes:
The recruiters made going to U of P a dream, having a dream job, using all my education from class, beating out other candidates for jobs. It all became a nightmare, as I was laid off, with debt around $42k. Applied for hundreds of jobs and no interviews. Now, I feel I am below in education and student loans are knocking on my door, asking for repayment. U of P is a highly organized crime syndicate, preying on hopes, dreams and money of its clients. So sad.
1 year ago
Someone from Grand Ledge, MI signed.
Someone from Williamsport, PA writes:
I got out while I could and only have $3500 in loans. I wanted out of this one class that was not part of what I was trying to get certified on, but it was a "required" course because Microsoft paid extra to make it that way. They refused to let me out of the course or allow me to take it at another time that was more convenient; even though all they tout is how convenient their class schedules are. So when I refused to do the work, I failed the class and ditched them in the end. I don't feel I owe them anything. This wasn't the kind of experience I was sold and when you're sold something you're not satisfied with, you're entitled to a refund.
Someone from Irving, TX writes:
Im in a 60k debt for a 4 year degree that has not land me a job. Waste of time going to school.
Someone from Brentwood, CA writes:
I'm in 70,00 debt; the monthly payment are way to high for the income I'm earning.
Someone from Atlanta, GA writes:
I am being garnished because this scam
Someone from Saint Louis, MO writes:
I have 52k dollars of debt for a school that mislead me to believe it would be 27k to complete my degree. Also lead me to believe my degree would be recognize amongst high institutions and within the working sector. Now i struggle due to loan fees for a useless degree.. -living the American Dream
Someone from Winterset, IA writes:
I have thousands in debt that I was mislead also to believe it would be less and a degree that is laughed at and a job that I cannot even afford payments on my school debt. I cannot even get a job in this field of work that my "degree" is suppose to be in as when I apply, they pretty much tell me its worthless.
1 year ago
Someone from Exeter, NH signed.
1 year ago
Someone from Orlando, FL signed.
Someone from Anchorage, AK writes:
$91,000 in debt as a single mom. I can't find a job that will allow me to live and pay these debts back. Please, an entire generation is drowning in student debt from a school that should not be accredited. Forgive these debts!
1 year ago
Someone from Mckinney, TX signed.
December 26, 2015
Someone from Cordova, TN signed.
December 26, 2015
Someone from Travis Afb, CA signed.
December 27, 2015
Someone from Lake Charles, LA signed.
December 28, 2015
Someone from San Dimas, CA signed.
December 28, 2015
Someone from Antioch, TN signed.
December 28, 2015
Someone from Cary, NC writes:
The costly degree has not helped me move my career forward, and when I approached graduation, the "school" would not even help me look for a job. There were no options for job search, or connections to any businesses.
December 28, 2015
Someone from Lakeland, FL signed.
Someone from Tacoma, WA writes:
I currently have over $150K in student loans. My minimum payment is $1200. Paying that does not leave me with food, clothing, etc... the degree did not get me a better paying job. Only additional debt.
December 28, 2015
Someone from Atlanta, GA signed.
December 28, 2015
Someone from Hopkinsville, KY writes:
I was mislead into enrolling at University of Phoenix under the impression I would be on the fast track to being a certified social worker upon graduation. I have since learned that this was not true, I have dropped out because I feel as though I am wasting my time and energy in this school because they do not offer an accredited program that fits my needs.
December 28, 2015
Someone from Woodland, WA signed.