December 10, 2015
Someone from Hackensack, NJ signed.
December 11, 2015
Someone from Parkton, NC writes:
I completed an associate and bachelor's degree with UoP online over 3 years ago and I still have not been able to get a job to hold my head above water with the student loan debt accumulated.
December 11, 2015
Someone from Washington, UT writes:
Back in 2008, all I wanted to do was find a way to provide for my family and improve my career possibilities by advancing my education. UOP offered a degree I was interested in, but the first two semesters of classes were expensive and seemed to not really be the degree that I signed up for. I gave up. When I transfered to a traditional college, none of those credits benefited a similar degree or were not even counted. I gained more debt with UOP in the first 2 semesters of college than I did 2 years at a traditional college.
December 11, 2015
Someone from Arvada, CO writes:
My story: After the market crashed in 2008, I began losing hours at my place of employment (I was working as a carpenter at the time and consistent work was becoming more and more unavailable). I made the decision to head back to school to pursue my bachelors degree (which I thought would provide more/better opportunities throughout my career... I was wrong). I graduated in 2012 and the degree is absolutely worthless. I finally took it off my resume so I could get some kind of job again... I have no way of paying back the ridiculous amount of debt that I accrued while attending the University of Phoenix. Their reputation has become worse and worse with every year that passes. Please shut this place down for good!
December 12, 2015
Someone from Chicago, IL writes:
I began attending the University of Phoenix in 2013. I was looking for a school that I could be apart of. Fast forward to 2015 and I am 1 class away from my Associates degree and they inform me that I have to pay for that class out of pocket. I transferred to a traditional college and found out that my credits wouldn't be transferring. I have spent two years and 29,000 dollars doing nothing.
December 13, 2015
Someone from Minneapolis, MN signed.
December 13, 2015
Someone from Ipswich, MA signed.
December 13, 2015
Someone from Watson, AR writes:
I attended UOP, and my degree is worthless. I took 2 years out of my life. Time I could have been spending with my kids and husband, but no I'm 30,000 in debt with nothing to show for it. It didn't increase my chances of getting a job or pay increase. After finding out about the investigation, it really dawned on me why no-one would hire me.
December 14, 2015
Someone from West Sacramento, CA signed.
December 14, 2015
Someone from Saint Louis, MO signed.
December 14, 2015
Someone from Pinellas Park, FL signed.
December 14, 2015
Someone from Wittenberg, WI signed.
December 15, 2015
Someone from Tacoma, WA writes:
Impossible for a school to claim accreditation when other school won't accept any classes as transfers...
December 15, 2015
Someone from Benton, AR signed.
December 15, 2015
Someone from Northborough, MA signed.
December 15, 2015
Someone from Tyler, TX writes:
I got a degree from the University that is a joke. No one accepts it as valid and my options for jobs are still minimal with massive debt added.
December 15, 2015
Someone from Phoenix, AZ writes:
Lost 5 years of life and left with uncontrolled student loans
December 16, 2015
Someone from Nashville, TN writes:
This school preys on peoples desires to progress in harsh economic times. Please wipe all debt accrued from this school.
December 16, 2015
Someone from Kalama, WA signed.
December 16, 2015
Someone from Centralia, WA writes:
This school is a complete rip-off, and I do not want to have to stress about paying back the money they do not even deserve for the rest of my life because I cannot afford it.
December 16, 2015
Someone from Seminole, OK signed.
December 16, 2015
Someone from Bloomfield, KY signed.
December 16, 2015
Someone from Irving, TX writes:
Bad school. They do npt care about you.
December 16, 2015
Someone from Davenport, FL writes:
Complete rip off!
December 17, 2015
Someone from Cozad, NE writes:
I have finished school but the amount of my student loan is astranaumical. Its too much to take care of at this point in my life. I also had no help finding a job in my feild, or had nt much help on classes that I had trouble with.
December 17, 2015
Someone from Peoria, AZ writes:
Have my AA degree in Health Care Admin and am struggling to make my $240.00/ month payment on my $27000 loan. Making only $13.75 an hour. I could've gotter same degree at community college for $7000. University of Phoenix is a rip off.
December 17, 2015
Someone from Eugene, OR signed.
December 17, 2015
Someone from Charles Town, WV signed.
December 17, 2015
Someone from Ellenwood, GA signed.
December 18, 2015
Someone from Modesto, CA signed.
December 18, 2015
Someone from Carthage, TX writes:
I did not realize at the time I enrolled that this school was a total scam ran by crooks. I dropped out of high school two different times..but at 20 years old I decided that I wanted to go to college to get an education to better my self. I only had one semester to get my diploma..so I enrolled in high at 20 yrs old and finally graduated. A few years later I was ready to go to college and thats when one of the worst decisions of my life was made. Because of uop I now have a massive amount of debt, no degree, no job right now and no way of getting a loan because of these crooks. I desperately want to go to a junior college in my area where I can get a real degree. I quit classes at uop after a year because the material and subject matter included in the classes I felt in no way would have profited me in my career field. It was obviously just bs to give uou the illusion that you were actually learning something. We need our debt forgiven..this school profits you absolutely nothing!
1 year ago
Someone from Menifee, CA signed.
1 year ago
Someone from Kyle, TX signed.
1 year ago
Someone from Oakland, MS writes:
Uop says i owe them after they returned my grant money and student loans because I withdrew after failing 2 classes that were impossible to pass no matter what I did.
1 year ago
Someone from Oklahoma City, OK signed.
1 year ago
Someone from Las Vegas, NV signed.
1 year ago
Someone from Poway, CA signed.
1 year ago
Someone from Miami, FL writes:
Promised I could use my teacher degree in florida. Instead, I had to move to Colorado to use it. So, chasing my dreams. 3 years there for nothing, away from family and friends. Waste of time, I wanted to come home and had to change my degree which I don't use today. My goal was to be a teacher not sit behind a desk typing on keayboards.
1 year ago
Someone from Placentia, CA signed.
1 year ago
Someone from North Little Rock, AR signed.