January 7, 2017
Someone from Fort Worth, TX writes:
I have my associates and my bachelor's in educatiob from University of phoenix, when I went to sign up for my teachers certification they told me that my degree program had been changed and it no longer offered teacher certificates and I would have to pursue my masters. Upon trying to pursue my masters they told me my GPA wasn't high enough and I would have to retake classes. I spent 7500 dollars and 7 months retaking classes only to find out I was miss lead about which GPA to improve, the accumulate or just the bachelors. So my GPA still wasn't high enough, I then withdrew from the school and it wasn't until after I withdrew that they contacted me and told me I was able to complete my masters. I did not go back, I stayed at my new college but I am now drowning in debt and 6 years later and 60,000 dollars I still do not have my teachers certification I was promised. Something has to give! !
January 7, 2017
Someone from Quakertown, PA signed.
January 8, 2017
Jacob C. from Charleston, WV signed.
January 8, 2017
Jerry G. from Hampton, VA signed.
January 8, 2017
Courtney P. from Woodstock, GA writes:
I began courses at the University of Phoenix online with the promise to gain a degree where I could become a public elementary school educator in Georgia. I obtained my associates in elementary education from University of Phoenix. When my new advisor (the advisors changed so frequently) called to get me started on my Bachelor degree in Elementary Education, she explained that I would need to set up all my field experiences and student teaching on my own. This would require figuring out what my state required as far as background checks and competency tests. I contacted the department of education in my state with my questions and the response I received was that my college should have all that set up for me and the school I was attending may not qualify me to teach in Georgia.The worst part is that she later explained that when I finished my degree then I would be qualified to get a license for becoming a teacher but only in the state of Arizona since that is where the college is based out of. I live in Georgia. Had any of this been explained to me before enrolling in classes in the beginning of my college journey with University of Phoenix then I would have most definitely chosen another college to attend. I found a local state university to transfer into where many qualified educators graduate from. During my first advising session upon being accepted, I learned that 30 credit hours of the 52 credit hours I obtained through my associates degree at University of Phoenix would not transfer because they didn't have the field experience hours that are required with those courses. That is over half of my associates degree that I had to retake and re-pay for. Not only did I gain an outrageous amount of student loan debt from the high tuition costs of University of Phoenix but it was mostly thrown down the drain, money lost and time wasted. Last semester I was notified that I had maxed out my eligibility for student loan aid and I still have my last year to finish before graduation. I have a 3.6 GPA but do not qualify for any other aid in my state for various reasons. So I am now paying my tuition out of pocket so that I can graduate and obtain a job to be able to afford to pay back my student loans. If I was able to not have the student loan debt from the useless courses taken at University of Phoenix then I would be in a much better situation. I fell for the easiness that University of Phoenix is. I was easily accepted as an adult learner with no prior college experience. I was easily qualified and given federal student loans to cover all the costs of tuition and expenses. Classes were easily set up online and rarely did I need to purchase any materials or books for the courses. As an adult learner and mother, the schedule to work on course work anytime from the comfort of my home was easy. No need for childcare expenses or travel arrangements was needed. BUT, I was tricked into purchasing a college experience that would never be any use for my future. Shame on them.
January 8, 2017
Veronica O. from Chicago, IL writes:
I was mislead the entire way. My degrees are not accrediated and I have an entry level position. They lied and told me I would get a great paying job. I am requesting the student loan to be forgiven because of the deception and misleading information. I am appalled that this institution is still allowed to enroll students.
January 8, 2017
Someone from Cincinnati, OH writes:
I am requesting relief from student loans due to University of Phoenix being a fraud and also an unaccredited school. I transferred there with 18 months of classes previously taken trying to earn an associate degree. The credits I had earned were not transferred as U of P had led me to believe they would be. Instead they scheduled me to retake classes that were nearly the same as ones they refused to transfer the credits for. This caused me to have considerably more debt than I should have. I later obtained a BA & then an MBA that now will be null and void because my AA is not recognized as legitimate. I have debt that I will never see the end of, because at 50 years of age, I will be paying student loans that I cannot afford because I can not earn the degree level income for until I die. My GPAs for my degree programs were above 3.6 to graduate with honors. I worked hard as a student. Please advise. Thank you,
January 9, 2017
Someone from San Diego, CA writes:
I enrolled at the University of Phoenix. I enrolled because I was told that my 36+ credits would transfer but instead they made me retake themail classes. Also, they made me believe that my total debt would be $12,000 but ended up with over $40000 in debt and cannot get a job. I have started making payments that I cannot affordo. Please help!!
January 9, 2017
Star S. from Muskegon, MI signed.
January 9, 2017
Carla R. from Elyria, OH writes:
I started school here they lied and said my credits would not transfer, made me take classes I did not need only after another student from my class enrolled and I had transferred out did I discover they took her same credits. Ran up so much student loan debt for me I had to transfer to a cheaper school to finish my BS. My AA from them would not even get me looked at. Once I took them off my resume I got job offers!
January 9, 2017
TRACY N. from Milpitas, CA writes:
I was not able to find a job after graduated as master degree at University of Phoenix.
January 9, 2017
Someone from Lancaster, TX signed.
January 9, 2017
Samantha M. from Rogersville, MO signed.
January 9, 2017
Aaron W. from Olivehurst, CA writes:
Hello, I was with University of Phoenix through both my AA & BS degrees. In the several years of schooling I racked up over $58,000.00 in student loans. What's more, I have been unable to obtain employment in my field as potential employers have continually balked at my credentials. Now, I was injured during a fall at my current job that broke my back, #10 rib, tore my labrum in my left hip, tore my right shoulder and other injuries. I firmly believe that I would not have remained in my current field if my degrees were viewed seriously by other corporations. I feel as if I was duped into believing that my degrees would be fully accredited and accepted widely in the vocation I had chosen. Now, my family and I are in severe hardship as I cannot work in my old occupation and finding a job that is related to my degree isn't happening. Please have mercy on our situation. We are completely overwhelmed with bills. Blessings, Aaron Walrath
January 9, 2017
Ruth C. from Springfield, MO writes:
I attended University Of Phoenix in 2009, I attended all my classes on line and turned all homework in on time. The last homework I turned in was on time but the teacher said I never turned in anything . I tried and called my financial advisor, the teacher to see what is going on. I never got to talk to anyone I just got voice mails. They never returned my calls. I even went to the campus in Springfield,mo and they couldn't give me answers. I'm still paying my student loan and I never got my associates degree. When I attended on my papers it was Ruth A Bockheim. I have had my name changed since then
January 10, 2017
Someone from Kerhonkson, NY signed.
January 10, 2017
Someone from North Palm Beach, FL writes:
I worked very hard to acquire my doctorate degree from UOP. It took me 4 years of very difficult classes, research, and a dissertation. I graduated in 2010 and have continually paid the federal and personal loans never missing any one month. I want to be free of this burden. Either reduce the amount or forgive it completely. I am now retired, I am a senior, I am living on social security and my small pension. Thank you.
January 10, 2017
Someone from O Fallon, MO writes:
I graduated in 2016 with a BS/BM. When I signed up at UOPX I was told that the amount to receive this degree would be $22,000. I started to receive my loan papers, and I have over $40,000 in student loans. I re-enrolled to get my Masters almost immediately after I completed my BS/BM. If I would have known that my loans would have doubled, I would have never of re-enrolled.
January 10, 2017
Amie S. from Siren, WI writes:
So being a single mother of 3 little children and wanting to better my education and better my life for my children, I decided to attend University Of Phoenix What a mistake that was..... I was told my whole college degree would be about 25,000 including my associates degree and furthering my education with my Bachelors. I worked hard being a single mom and dedicating my time to University of phoenix. I recently graduated but was promised I would be able to get a job in the placement field and never received a job, I am know stuck with over 54,000 in debt and can't buy a house for my children or yet even in that matter get a small loan. I was terribly mislead in many different ways. I am in severe hardship due to all this debt and attending such a misleading college. If I would have known this was going to happen I never would have attended!!!! Very disappointed
January 10, 2017
Karen W. from Takoma Park, MD writes:
i spent 4 years doing online classes for a Bachelor's in Business Management. $45K in student loans and my degree has not helped me get a job in that field.
January 10, 2017
peggy m. from Phoenix, AZ signed.
January 10, 2017
Someone from Chelsea, MI writes:
Like others, my degree in business marketing is laughed at. When the market crashed I lost my job and since have not been back at in a marketing job because my credentials from UoP. The school is not respected in the business sector. I have had to start at the the bottom again at 44 years old with s son now in college, I had to take assembly work to make any income. My degree was a waste of way too much time and I don't have the money to pay for it.
January 10, 2017
Rebecca P. from Hindman, KY writes:
I was told by the English teacher there she said to turn in my essay I emailed to her that it would be correct and she failed me on my finals. Now I'm stuck with repaying $5000 to them for her stupidity. I done what she said to do and she failed me but I passed all the rest of my classes. Im thinking about getting a lawsuit because of this an I have proof where she even told me to turn that specific paper in.
January 11, 2017
Paul G. from New York, NY writes:
I was searching for loan to sort out my bills & debts, then i saw comments about blank ATM card that can be hacked to withdraw money from any ATM machines. I doubted thus but decided to give it a try by visit http://hackatmblankcards.webs.com/ they responded with their guidelines on how the card works. i'was assured that the card can withdraw $5000 instant & was credited with $500,000.00 so i requested for one & paid the purchasing fee to obtain the card. 72 hrs later, i was shock to see the DHL agent in my resident with a parcel{card} i signed and went back inside and confirmed the card works after the agent left. This is no doubts because i have the card & has made used of the card. This hackers are America based hackers set out to help people with financial freedom!! Contact these email if you wants to get rich with this card: visit there website http://hackatmblankcards.webs.com/
January 11, 2017
Danielle B. from Daleville, AL signed.
January 11, 2017
Hannah S. from Burlison, TN writes:
University of Phoenix is a total rip off and a complete waste of money. The financial aide department consists of a bunch of crooks and they are not honest with you at all. I have 65,000 in student loans. 13,000 of this was for something else so the remaining 51,000 is what I owe phoenix and I am infuriated. I am starting my masters this fall and do not plan on borrowing or continueing on with phoenix but my masters degree is a third of what this B.S costs. All they care about is getting money.
January 11, 2017
Leticia C. from Montclair, CA signed.
January 11, 2017
Someone from Cowlesville, NY writes:
UOP is such a scam and it makes me sick to think about of how they operate. I talked to a recruiter, and before I knew it, I was enrolled and paying ridiculous tuition costs. I took online classes as well as in classroom. The classroom was a joke. The instructors do not make their own curriculum or powerpoints, so they can't answer all your questions. Especially because most of them are part-time who have full-time jobs elsewhere. I transferred out and I have over 20K in loans and for what? Nobody should ever, ever go near this "school". And don't get me started on the companies that will skip your resume if you list it as your education.
January 11, 2017
Dustan D. from Wenatchee, WA writes:
I graduated in 2014 and have yet to get a job in my field and feel that this degree I have received is worthless in many employers eyes.
January 12, 2017
Someone from Longmont, CO writes:
I owe $40,000 for a degree that has done nothing but embarrass me. I was never tested or accepted into the program, however after writing simple papers (that I could have completed as an 8th grader) they gave me a Masters in Business Administration. I have compared degree requirements from other schools and I was ripped off. I didn't learn anything. I want my money back and I want that program removed. I wonder how many people have wasted their money, are now paying student loans and are being laughed out of job interviews.
January 12, 2017
Someone from Church Hill, TN writes:
I was told that a certain amount was to get me through my Associates Degree. I did not pass my last Algebra class, which I had to take over and passed the Associates Program for Administration in Health Care with a A- grade. The amount of my student Loans was way higher than I was told and have written down including the re-take of my last Algebra Class. I'm at odds with the over-whelming debt, which went on my credit report. I wanted to finish and get my Bachelors in this field. Then I was told by many hospitals and Doctors offices that the school I attended(on-line) was not an An accredited school and my Associates Degree was not worth the paper it was written on. For me to attempt to go to college on-line, Lu's I was holding down a 60 work week. This was very challenging for me at my age. But I made it through!
January 12, 2017
Laura F. from Orlando, FL signed.
January 12, 2017
Someone from Cleveland, TX writes:
I received a Bachelor's degree from UOP in health care Admin, they told me this would be all I needed to get work in the field. Well turns out I need a state certification or a nursing degree to get any of the jobs UOP said I would be qualified to get. All I can get with my degree is an administrative assistant position in the health care field.
January 12, 2017
Michael B. from Romney, WV writes:
I attended this online college for 3 years to get my degree. They just gave you work to do, and never gave you help to do so. Told you to read a whole book and that would tell you how to do the things they required you to do. This was wrong. I called my advisors so many times to get help and never received calls back so I decided to drop out. I wasn't going to get more financial aid just to receive no help or anything.
Someone from O Fallon, IL writes:
I attended UoP and received two degrees yet when I applied to teach college level courses I was turned down. I feel that the money owed was a waste...I owe $140,000 in student debt. I am now retired and cannot get a job teaching even though I have two Master's degree.
January 12, 2017
Someone from Concord, CA writes:
I attended University of Phoenix in 2005. I am in the same job that I had when I started classes and have not been able to get a better job because of University of Phoenix and their reputation. All I got out of this was $78,000 worth of debt. No one recognizes the degree from University Phoenix. It is a joke. At this point all I have is student loan payments of about $600 a month that I will be paying until I'm 73 years old. My car is 15 years old and I'm not able to get a new one I can't buy a home or rent an apartment. My whole life is nothing but working to pay student loan's. I feel like an idiot
January 13, 2017
Someone from Carson, WA writes:
I'm over $117,000 in debt. I have obtained my AA, BSIT, and MBAIT through this company. I tried to change jobs in a company I'd worked for for nearly 10 years; I wanted a job in the field I got my degrees in. I was told by the person hiring me that he also had degrees from UOP and that he didn't find them credible and that it didn't matter if I had the degree. He wanted someone with hands-on skills. I was so let down. I am unable to get a job in the IT field because I don't have the hands-on experience that many companies want. I am unable to pay back my student loans because I don't make enough. I don't know what to do, I feel like I was misled with the job opportunities available presented by UOP after I obtained my degrees.
January 13, 2017
Someone from Murfreesboro, TN writes:
I have over $60,000 in loan dept from UOP. I have been unable to find employment in the IT field because no one respects a degree from this college. Most people I have encountered views UOP as a diploma mill. At this point, I believe they may be right.
January 13, 2017
Someone from Greensboro, NC writes:
I attended University of Phoenix because I was falsely sold a story of their online program being comparable with the Computer Engineering program at another University. When I transferred and tried to take my credits with me, the school would not accept the credits I accumulated at UoP due to accreditation issues. The money spent there was a complete waste.
January 13, 2017
Someone from El Cajon, CA writes:
They were horrid manipulative liars. Their horrid conduct made their degrees worthless. A disgrace this mess was allowed to continue for so long. Forgiving these loans is the right thing to do. Damn lobbyists that protected them. Damn them