Someone from Andover, MN writes:
I agree
December 31, 2016
Brandon M. from Concord, CA writes:
When talking to a recruiter about the school. I was misled about a fast trak, and atmosphere to the school. Upon starting the school I discovered the degree given was hardly credible and was charged $5,000 dollars for attending less then a month of school before abandoning the program for all the lies given.
January 1, 2017
Carlotta H. from Collinsville, IL signed.
January 1, 2017
ronni c. from Colorado Springs, CO writes:
I accrued tens of thousands of dollars in debt from UOP before they ended the program in which I was participating and told me I would have to start a new program. I ended up getting my Masters degree through another university, and I don't believe it is ethical or fair for me to have to pay back these loans.
January 1, 2017
Nicholas L. from Bonnerdale, AR signed.
January 1, 2017
V. V. from Bayamon, PR writes:
University of Phoenix recruiter lied about me being able to: 1. Complete my BA exclusively on the Puerto Rico UoP campus no "directed/online" courses. 2. No out of pocket expense. 3. I would be able to export/transfer credits earned to ANY educational institution. I enrolled under the recruiters word that these(my needs/requirements) where %100 the case, all 3 NON NEGOTIABLE conditions. The recruiter emphatically assured me that: "YES all conditions WILL be met, YOU WILL BE ABLE to: 1. Study exclusively on Campus, 2. Transfer credits to ANY educational institution and 3. NOT have to go into debt. Afterwards the financial adviser encouraged me to take out loans of $9000.00 times 3 stating that: "once the Pell grant is disbursed Id be able to direct it as payment for my loans effectively cancelling out the debt. Now the Campus is closing its doors, NO educational institution on P.R. accepts UoP credits stating "they(credits) don't represent actual recognized education" and I'm under a debt that I CAN NOT pay under any circumstance. I make LESS THAN $20.000 a year I'm a father of three and have additional recurring essential payments to cover. This is FRAUD, I cant see how this is legal I have absolutely NOTHING to show from this experience except for a $30.000 - $40.000 debt.
January 1, 2017
Someone from Sidney, OH writes:
I feel like their recruiting practices are unethical. I was assured that they were an accredited school bit after taking several classes with them I decided to go to a local "brick and mortar" school as they called it. The local community college would not accept any of my credits as the online for profit school was not the same accreditation. I have an associates degree now from my local community college but drowing in debt due to the fact I fell for the aggressive underhanded recruiting practices University of Phoenix uses. They are white collar can men preying on folks trying to only better themselves.
January 2, 2017
Someone from Buffalo, NY writes:
I cannot seem to find work using the degrees that I have earned from University of Phoenix. I have applied for positions that I should qualify for and I get turned away. My degreeson that I worked so hard for and incurred a large debt will not give me any lead way in finding a job that I so called majored in.
January 2, 2017
Kami S. from Buffalo, NY signed.
January 2, 2017
Someone from Brooklyn, NY signed.
January 2, 2017
Someone from Miami, FL signed.
January 3, 2017
Someone from Springfield, MO signed.
January 3, 2017
Someone from Clovis, CA signed.
January 3, 2017
Someone from Charlotte, NC signed.
Someone from Berlin, WI writes:
I agree with many posting I have seen here and other sites about how this school is a fraud and scam. As a single mother that made a low wage, I wanted the opportunity for a better education so that I could succeed in life. All I managed to get from UoP is over 50, 000. in debt and no degree to show for it. There were so many inconsistencies, misguidance, and lack of information from UoP that I was left feeling like I had done something wrong. But I see I am not alone. This should say something about the school. People should be able to better themselves, earn a degree and feel proud of the hard work. Not walk away feeling like it was the biggest mistake in the world.
January 3, 2017
Someone from Blue Springs, MO signed.
January 3, 2017
Someone from Milwaukee, WI signed.
January 4, 2017
Netalie S. from Hollywood, FL writes:
I was misguided to fill out loan paperwork that I thought was for grants not actual loans. I was young and naive. I had to take a break prior to my last class and upon return, I was told that I needed 10 more classes.
January 4, 2017
Someone from Front Royal, VA writes:
This is COMPLETELY accurate. "...employers laugh at these degrees. Students come out of that school with crushing debt and a useless degree."
January 4, 2017
Cassie A. from Fair Oaks, CA signed.
January 4, 2017
Glenn S. from New York, NY signed.
January 4, 2017
Someone from Jackson, MI writes:
When I was at UOP I asked how I would get the excess money from my loans to go towards a newer computer so I could connect where ever I was at and they told me I would be able to do that. The funny thing though is my loans always seemed to just cover the classes, there was never any left over to go towards the books or a computer. When I received more money from my loans the cost of the classes always went up. It was a never ending cycle.
January 5, 2017
Erica B. from Kansas City, MO signed.
January 5, 2017
linda h. from Chula Vista, CA writes:
Thanks for your assistance.
January 5, 2017
Someone from Memphis, TN signed.
January 5, 2017
Someone from Flemington, NJ signed.
Tawania H. from San Antonio, TX writes:
I can't take this anymore! UOP did nothing for me when I graduated. I owe over $70k!
January 5, 2017
Paula H. from Farmington, MI writes:
I was never notified of forms i had to complete in order to receive eligible grants and when it came time to receive the grant money they would tell me that was why. How can you make me miss my eligibility for grants? This happened to someone else i know as well.
January 5, 2017
Jennifer A. from Inglewood, CA signed.
January 5, 2017
Kevin C. from Woodland Park, CO writes:
They told me I would be able to finish my degree in two years. After three years into their curriculum, still no degree... but they did manage to MAX OUT MY AVAILABLE EDUCATION LOANS! I got no degree, insane debt, and they squealed all the way to the bank!
January 5, 2017
Nadine H. from Marietta, GA signed.
January 5, 2017
Charleen A. from Visalia, CA writes:
I am a mother of three who was looking to become a teacher. The manner in which they had me take the courses kept me in their online classes for 6 years. Sure, I am left with two degrees but no one who sees them as reputable, therefore, leaving me with $65,000 in debt. The monthly payments are more then what I make each month as well! It seems as though they take advantage in any way they can.
January 5, 2017
Madaline C. from Lafayette, LA writes:
I attended online classes at University of Phoenix. I am a single mother of two and these classes were very expensive and not worth it. Numerous employers have looked at this education on my resume and did double takes. Please forgive all student loans from University of Phoenix.
Jessica R. from Aurora, CO writes:
Like so many here "University" of Phoenix duped me as well. 3 years of my life wasted and $14,000 down the drain for lies and misleading information. So many promises and none kept. And then to tell me I owe then another $2,000 because the financial aid I requested never went through after I applied 4 different times? Unbelievable. Take this "school" down. Relieve us of this debt that we've been tricked into with the promise of a better life.
January 6, 2017
Someone from Vero Beach, FL writes:
UOP NURSING PROGRAM DOES NOT QUALIFY FOR A NURSING LICENSE IN THE STATE OF FLORIDA. I HAVE STUDENT LOANS FOR A DEGREE THAT I SHOULD USE TO WIPE MY *$%.
January 6, 2017
Someone from Columbus, IN signed.
January 6, 2017
Joe K. from Damariscotta, ME writes:
I have my BS and my MBA from UoP. Now I can't get a job and I'm drowning in student loan debt. I will forever be poor because of this useless degree.
January 7, 2017
Jordan C. from Norfolk, VA signed.
January 7, 2017
Someone from Moreno Valley, CA signed.
January 7, 2017
Someone from Fort Worth, TX writes:
I have my associates and my bachelor's in educatiob from University of phoenix, when I went to sign up for my teachers certification they told me that my degree program had been changed and it no longer offered teacher certificates and I would have to pursue my masters. Upon trying to pursue my masters they told me my GPA wasn't high enough and I would have to retake classes. I spent 7500 dollars and 7 months retaking classes only to find out I was miss lead about which GPA to improve, the accumulate or just the bachelors. So my GPA still wasn't high enough, I then withdrew from the school and it wasn't until after I withdrew that they contacted me and told me I was able to complete my masters. I did not go back, I stayed at my new college but I am now drowning in debt and 6 years later and 60,000 dollars I still do not have my teachers certification I was promised. Something has to give! !