December 22, 2016
Michael B. from Little Falls, MN signed.
December 22, 2016
lisa m. from Garnerville, NY writes:
Hello, I have over 11,000 in federal student loans and only attending 2 semesters. I could not afford to complete my education through University of Phoenix and I cannot afford my student loans
December 22, 2016
Someone from Winston Salem, NC writes:
I pray they close this institution and forgive all loan debt. I went to a great 4 yr University and decided to earn my masters online. Attaining my MBA from UoP has put me in debt that I will be paying back forever. Most businesses don't even take the degree seriously and it's embarrassing. I thought I was getting a good education from a reputable school... not to mention the emotional toll it has taken on me. I feel like I got duped and lost years of my time that I cannot regain. I am no better off financially and can't afford to go back to college. I know for a fact they let people enroll in their university that didn't even have a high school diploma or ged. This institution is fraudulent. My life did not turn out like one of their commercials...
December 22, 2016
matthew k. from Lorain, OH signed.
December 23, 2016
Todd D. from Cleveland, OH writes:
MBA and 190,000 debt with no job.
December 23, 2016
Shawn D. from Waskom, TX writes:
Worthless school and a worthless degree. I completely wasted my time and money
December 23, 2016
Brian T. from Lehi, UT writes:
I took nothing valuable away from my courses and have never had a single response to any resume looking for a job in my field because my degree is worthless and I have no experience. When people ask where I got my degree I don't even like to tell them because I can tell they think it is not a real degree.
December 23, 2016
Travis S. from Tallahassee, FL writes:
Unfortunately, my masters degree from University of Phoenix is given no value to my resume. I have had employers actually tell me they will only count my bachelors degree from Florida State because of the accreditation question marks for University of Phoenix. I now have an extensive amount of student loan debt because I trusted that UoP was a reputable accredited university that allowed me to work on my Master's degree while I continued to work to support my family. These for-profit universities should be investigated and have strict regulations placed on them to insure that an accredited degree holds the value that they market and sell to working class students.
December 24, 2016
Jessica S. from Mandan, ND writes:
I can't get a job in my field because they aren't accredited with the right people. And I can't get the credits that I have with them transferred to another college so that I can continue on. All that time and money wasted! Please forgive these loans for all of us!
December 24, 2016
Someone from Oklahoma City, OK writes:
I graduated in 2006 and was told my MBA would land me a six figure job. Here it is now 2016 and barely making $30,000.
December 26, 2016
Verna G. from Aurora, CO writes:
I felt pushed over the phone to enroll in a Masters in the Administration of Security and Justice. The only job I could land was in Security with G4s making less than $15/hr and as a 911 dispatcher, neither of which needed a degree like that to get hired. The classes were self taught but we're not agressive in constructive criticism needed at that level. I felt like I received a public high school education at best with a 40k in loan debt and no real education to show for it. Worst decision and investment EVER. They were very pushy to get me started and took advantage that I was a veteran with some school bebefits. They knew I wanted to get into forensics then, but the degree had NO application to forensics whatsoever needed for real world job opportunities.
December 26, 2016
Michael M. from Lake Elsinore, CA writes:
I have over 60,000 in student loans. I enrolled in Phoenix University to not only provide a better lifestyle for my fakily but also to give back to my community. I enrolled in the bachelors program for concentration in addictions. I wanted to be able to help others. It turns out that I cannot even find a job, but the University is holding my transcripts hostage until I pay my balance. I am now unable to finish with 3 classes left and to transfer to a community college. Please help with any information on loan forgiveness and to help get the word out about Phoenix University.
December 26, 2016
Carina M. from Cohoes, NY writes:
I have over $60,000 in student loans that I cannot afford with monthly repayments of over $600! That is almost the same amount as my rent. I have not been able to find a management job in my field and it has been over two years since I graduated.
December 27, 2016
Someone from Lancaster, CA writes:
I graduated 2004 with MBA degree in business management from University of phoenix. Till now I couldn't get job with the degree. Employers believed my degree is sub-standard compare with others. I still owned more than $27000 dollars.
December 27, 2016
Someone from Houston, TX writes:
Yes! I have employers laugh and tell me they won't hire me because I got my degree from UoP. I thought having my masters would help, but, I get better results by not putting it on my resume then to add it.
December 27, 2016
Someone from Acworth, GA writes:
I have over 20 years of experience in accounting, although I received my associates degree from a formal college I pursued my BS from the University of Phoenix. What I have experienced is that my 20+ years of progressive experience in the field has been the aspect of my resume viewed as an asset. In fact, negative views arise with regard to the degree from University of Phoenix. Thankfully, I was already employed while attending so I wasn't aware of the negative light until I was recently laid off, and now in search of a new job.
December 27, 2016
Someone from Merced, CA writes:
I graduated 6 years ago and my debt balance continues to rise even when making payments as my payments are not even covering the interest accrued. My bachelor's degree has not improved my efforts for promotion opportunities and now I am stuck with approx. $65,000 student debt.
December 27, 2016
Roger Z. from Omaha, NE writes:
I graduated in 2008, was on unemployment until almost 2011 with a Bachelor's degree from the University of Phoenix. Was completely misled and owe over $40K in Student Loans. Going to be paying them back for the next 20 years, for nothing.
December 27, 2016
Someone from Daphne, AL writes:
I was terrorized by the University of Phoenix over student loans. I have a degree but am making very little money on my UOP education investment. After graduation, I learned that they a) have the highest tuition costs of all online schools, b) have an abysmal graduation percentage, and c) have been in trouble Federally not once but twice for wrong-doing.
Jessica B. from Pleasanton, CA writes:
I have useless credits that won't transfer to a state or community college and over 30k in loans. There is no way this is right. School should help us thrive, not be the cause of our stress. Debt with no degree or a useless degree is what's wrong with the system.
December 27, 2016
Someone from Marietta, GA writes:
I also carry debt from attending UOP. Currently, two loans are owed and I have nothing to show for the debt. They increased tuition and many accredited institutions do NOT accept many credits from this school. What's more, they never requested proof that I graduated from HS. Very aggressive recruiting practices and the "Financial Advisors" always pushing you to take out additional loans. A mess!!
December 27, 2016
Olivia M. from Tucson, AZ signed.
December 28, 2016
Someone from Cincinnati, OH writes:
I graduated in 2013 with a bachelors and have nothing to show for it, because I was duked by this for profit school. Most employers look at University of Phoenix as a joke. Overall this has ruined my chances of getting a new home because of the amount of student loan debt.
December 28, 2016
Kathleen P. from Flagstaff, AZ writes:
Please help me in getting this debt forgiven.
December 28, 2016
Michael H. from Wenatchee, WA writes:
I graduated in 2012 with an Associates Degree in Information Technology/Networking. I had been given the impression that with an Associates Degree, I could at least find entry level work related to IT. 3 years of sending resumes and applications for entry level IT positions and only one actual interview as a result in a region where finding people with any IT skill was very difficult. During that interview I learned that what we were taught at UoP compared to a community college was very sub-par. I found that many hiring personnel would see University of Phoenix on a resume and would throw it out. All that we were taught in the Associate's program just barely touched on IT in comparison to a brick and mortar school. I had started taking their Bachelor's program in 2013 only to find that literally every course was based on group projects. The reason they gave me was that they wanted to simulate the real world and I retorted that I am paying for my grades and my education not someone else's. It would have not been less of a big deal if the group portion didn't affect more than half the grade in many cases. They tried multiple times to get me to come back and I asked them if they changed how they do their Bachelor's program. I said that I refuse to sink myself further into debt for someone else's grades. They fed me the same line about it simulating the real world environment. So, I told them that when they change that, maybe I would consider it, but it would be very unlikely since I could apparently get a better education at a community college for considerably less cost to me. Now I am over $30k in debt for a worthless degree from a blacklisted school.
December 28, 2016
Someone from Emeryville, CA writes:
University of Phoenix does not provide quality education commensurate to the tuition fees. Americans have been misled into thinking they will receive a quality college education from the University of Phoenix, but end up with degrees, skills and knowledge that are deeply lacking and not competitive in the job market. This leaves innocent Americans with debts they can not afford and without any training to aide them in obtaining better paying and more fulfilling employment.
December 28, 2016
Someone from Lebanon, OR writes:
Started program had to take two year off and went to finish a few classes and told that I need to take all them again as it was too long, since I took the classes.
December 29, 2016
Someone from Phoenixville, PA writes:
I was attending UOP in 2009 and up through 2013. Not only was there a horrible overpayment, but I was deceived into thinking that the degree was accredited and that I could transfer my credits. I also called and spoke to numerous reps about the fact that I needed to take a break from the classes because I was very pregnant and complications made it nearly impossible to keep my A/B grades and yet they continued to enroll me and I failed the class. They charged me for the class and refuse to release my transcripts without the payment however releasing my transcripts is a moot point since they will not be accepted anyway.
December 29, 2016
Judi V. from New York, NY writes:
My Masters in Education was deficient of 12 necessary credits that prohibited me from getting my State Certification to teach. And, I had to pay out of pocket fees to complete the courses. Since 2007, I have yet to make the salary that I thought would help me repay the $34K loan. It is now over $52K and growing... I invested and sacrificed for two years to better myself in front of my 5 children. But, I am still underemployed, in debt and pension-less 10 years later.
December 29, 2016
Cicely H. from Kenmore, WA writes:
After getting over $20K in debt I had to take a leave from UoP. When I tried re-entry I was told the program I was previously enrolled in no longer exists and I would need to start over. Seriously!?! Now I'm in debt over my ears and no education to show for it. Please help!
December 29, 2016
Someone from Saginaw, MI writes:
They have bastardized the nursing degrees in this country. Shut them down!
December 29, 2016
Latonya B. from Louisville, KY signed.
December 29, 2016
Kimberly R. from Lafayette, LA writes:
I'm interested.
December 29, 2016
Jennifer J. from Clovis, CA signed.
December 29, 2016
Victoria herron H. from Ridgewood, NY signed.
December 30, 2016
Sherisa J. from Denmark, TN signed.
December 30, 2016
Sherisa J. from Denmark, TN writes:
Started at Uop in 2008 told me I would get a discount on my classes through my employer never received. Every semester they were calling me saying I dint have enough money to pay for my classes I needed loans. Left owing 65,000 even with paying on my balance the interest has made it accumulate up to 71,600. How can one pay down debt and make a living this way. Never got any help trying to find job placement either.
December 30, 2016
Cynequa R. from Jacksonville, FL signed.
December 30, 2016
David S. from Beebe, AR signed.
December 30, 2016
Someone from Minneapolis, MN signed.