1 month ago
Someone from Bessemer, AL writes:
I was told this was an accredited program.
1 month ago
Someone from Shelbyville, KY writes:
I've been told that my degree doesn't do anything for me, because it was from a piece of crap institution. The worthless piece of paper cost me 30,000 grand.
1 month ago
Connie E. from Broomfield, CO writes:
I was assured UOP was an accredited college when I enrolled.
1 month ago
Someone from Berryville, AR signed.
1 month ago
Someone from El Paso, TX writes:
University of Phoenix is ruining my credit score. It is impossible to pay these loans back without having to stop putting food on the table. They have closed campuses in my area. This does not reflect well on the university.
1 month ago
Someone from Palm Coast, FL writes:
$71,000 in debt, four years of my life wasted for a BA in Health Administration that means absolutely nothing. False promises.....
Someone from Deland, FL writes:
What this school has done to me is ruin my life! Suckered me in at 21 with dreams and hopes and put me in over 60,000 in debt! I want to cry! I absolutely hate that this happen!
December 17, 2016
Someone from Thermopolis, WY writes:
I borrowed thousands in Federal Student Loans for a U of P MBA program, i quit once I realized the U of Phx degree was not only of no value, but often a Resume no no. A virtual discredit bt association, yet I owe the Govt thousands.
December 18, 2016
Someone from Point Marion, PA writes:
I feel so mislead by university of Phoenix. They assured me that they were an accredited college and that I would have no problem finding a job in my field of study. Now I have a bachelor's degree of science in psychology that is worthless and owe over 60,000 in loans. I think we should be entitled to some sort of refund or forgiveness.
December 18, 2016
Someone from Tullahoma, TN writes:
I've been told that my degree is worthless and people laugh, because this institution is not accredited. I was suckered! This worthless degree cost me more than 30,000 thousand dollars. We were all suckers! They should be ashamed!
December 19, 2016
Someone from Montgomery, PA writes:
Student debt needs to be forgiven for those student who attended this college. When I inquired about becoming a student of University of Phoenix. I asked to get a degree in Human Resources. Instead, I was enrolled in Human Service Management. I was unaware there was a difference until I graduated and tried to get a job in Human Resources. I am now in debt for a degree that is worthless to me.
December 19, 2016
Someone from Omaha, NE writes:
I have $40K in Student Loans and was misled by the University of Phoenix.
December 19, 2016
Someone from Las Vegas, NV writes:
$50k in debt 3 years of my life for a degree that people laugh at. I don't understand how this business is still up and running.
December 19, 2016
Someone from Eddington, ME writes:
Over $100k in debt and currently unemployed with no job potential.
December 19, 2016
Someone from Winchendon, MA signed.
December 19, 2016
Someone from Winnsboro, LA writes:
I moved from Michigan were I was registered at Western MI University in their MBA program, to Florida in 2000. There were no brick and mortar schools close to where I was living, so I enrolled at UOP to finish my degree. Their promises of accredited education, and a great education are laughable. I attended classes with some people I doubted even graduated from High School, yet I found myself on a team with them to do required paperwork. This means I also found myself up all night doing my work and theirs. I caught another team plagiarizing a previous paper, brought it to the attention of the instructor and nothing was done. What did I get in the end? over 130K in debt, a rising student loan payment every time a get a raise. It is now over $850 a month with no end in site. Well that is not totally true, I have 8 more years on a loan forgiveness program because of the type of work I do. Did it help me with my job, not really. I graduated, got a piece of paper no one wants to see. I am making 22% more than I was at the time of graduation. It has taken 12 years to get here, and my personal drive and dedication got me here. IT WAS NOT UOP. Employers still look unfavorably on UOP. All said and done they are a sham, and innocent people are paying for their greed.
December 19, 2016
Someone from Rittman, OH writes:
I am almost finished with my doctorate. I am over $130 in the debt and my degree is worthless. All this time, all this money and a degree that I am going to finish even though it is not worth the paper it is printed on. The University of Phoenix needs to be shut down and the students forgiven of their loan debt. They cannot be reimbursed for their wasted time and energy in pursuing a degree that holds no value, but forgiving the debt is a start. At least that would allow us to put time and energy into actually pursing a degree with a viable college should we decide to go that route again...not likely here...
December 19, 2016
Someone from Brockton, MA writes:
Disgraceful
December 19, 2016
Someone from Owensboro, KY writes:
I am trying to find something about how I can get rid of this debt. I was les to believe it was grants & so much easier to attend than traditional. They knew I was a single mom with 3 children & a high schooler with a baby. I would try to get a hold of the instructors with my schedule & trybtonget the classes dropped. It was always not being able to get a hold of the right people. Now I'm stuck struggling because of $185 a month in student loans that has 6+> interest n
December 19, 2016
Someone from Mansfield, OH writes:
Im in debt and have cost on my credit score because they gave me the run around. I work a low pay job and can barely support my family with an associate's degree that means nothing. I can't even further my education or get a better education because they wanted to try to convince me to take more classes just to qualify for my financial aid when I was going for my bachelor's.
December 19, 2016
Someone from Crestline, OH writes:
Corruption at its finest. Worthless. Time and money spent that I just can't get back. Con artists. In debt, killing my credit score every second of every day of my life. All these for profit schools should be held accountable for these criminal activities. Plain and simple. Pray on those seeking a convenient education that allows for easier daily living and spending time with your family. So not true. Shame on me for letting them do this to me. Wish I would have seen right through them before they walked all over me.
December 20, 2016
Someone from Yucaipa, CA writes:
Worst school. Kept telling me I could to any university after I received my AA in psychology, but all lies. Ended up with almost $30k in federal loans as well as they took all of my Pell Grant and I had to start all over at community college before I could transfer to a university.
December 20, 2016
Someone from Phoenix, AZ writes:
From enrollment to the advisors you are assigned to the advise and counseling changes. The information does not match from one department to another, enrollment wants to get you signed in and your loans signed then they will never have anything to do with you and none of your questions will get answers. Counselors change monthly and frequently do not know your file or have much experience as usually are also students themselves and working to get through school themselves. Which just means the information they give you is limited. They are a private school and can change the rules as they see necessary, which means your handbook can change too. They are in it for the money, you are not a student but a number. They do not have any need to create improvement or retention programs for student since new students sign up daily.
December 20, 2016
Someone from Albuquerque, NM writes:
I earned 40 Credit hours at UoP and racked up $20k in student loans. After applying to jobs and speaking with employees that will not accept UoP degrees as valid I transferred. Every school I went to would only take about 6-9 of those credits. I wasted a lot of time and will be paying this off for the next 10-15 years.
December 20, 2016
Someone from San Jose, CA writes:
This school sold it self, UOP scammed students and the government. How embarrassing having this on a resume, I never received a call back from any jobs I applied with my BS "degree"
December 20, 2016
Someone from Bailey, MI signed.
December 20, 2016
Someone from Pensacola, FL writes:
This is some bull I have my AA and still no job in IT. I can't get a job with this degree form this college but yet and still I'm in debt with the school ! Some one help us.
December 21, 2016
Chris C. from Dayton, OH writes:
Seems to me that the US Dept. of Education has failed to educate its citizens on how to recognize an accredited school of higher learning. Maybe they could ask for free air time to broadcast public awareness to let people know that not all institutes are properly accredited. Also they could have a stamp of accreditation that all institutes of higher learning must show on all advertising in order to be compliant with US Dept. of Education standards.
December 21, 2016
Latricia C. from Memphis, TN writes:
I am 60,000 in debt from University of Phoenix. I cannot find a job under my degree and my credit score has plummeted as a result due to me not finding subsequent income to pay the high monthly fees and due to I cannot find a good job. I am also having a hard time getting credit anywhere, jobs are not hiring me due to my low credit and I can't buy a home because of the high amount of debt I am in.
December 21, 2016
Cary J. from Vail, AZ writes:
Agreed that after almost 10 years my debt is not going down much from the original amount of the loan. My inadequate salary from teaching is not enough to really help cover the cost loan payments and make a reasonable living
December 21, 2016
Sarah E. from Hermitage, MO writes:
During a mental health crisis, I applied for a leave of absence from my classes to return in a couple of months when I was feeling better. The day the school received my form, my classroom posts from the two previous weeks had vanished, my grades dropped, and I received a letter saying that I was being dropped from my classes and kicked out of the school because I was not attending classes, they sent my loans back to the borrowers and charged me for the classes they removed me from. I now owe them money I cannot repay which is prohibiting me from attending other universities to obtain a degree i can use. A friend of mine endured the same situation, leave of absence form and she is suddenly kicked out of the school. University of Phoenix degrees are worthless (they do not even qualify you to teach for them) and this sham of a school needs to be shut down. All students from UoP need their lives restored to how they were before they encountered this corporate scam.
December 21, 2016
Angelina P. from Fort Myers, FL writes:
I was jerked by this school! My credits for 2 years mean nothing. i want my money back and to join class action lawsuit and all my debt forgiven for this.
December 21, 2016
Someone from Peoria, AZ writes:
The UOP counselors literally call you constantly to enroll. They make the program sound perfect for those who are working and how easy it is to qualify for a loan. Then the diploma means nothing. Not recognized as a "real" education by employers or other schools if you want to continue your education. As a co-worker said yesterday who did not know I attended. "Then there is the University of Phoenix that when people graduate they still can't spell". I am embarrassed to say I was coaxed into going there for 2 years.
December 21, 2016
Someone from Kernersville, NC writes:
I ended up losing my job and because my so-called degrees are not recognized as being legitimate I am stuck paying off 40,000 dollars worth of student loans. UOP needs to be held more accountable for what they have done. They took advantage of people who believed they were doing the right thing by going back to school so that they could compete in the job market. Now all we have is tears and sadness for all the time we lost. Many of us do not have the additional years to spend another 4 to 6 years of school. Someone must help!!!!!
Julio R. from Midvale, UT signed.
December 22, 2016
Patrick K. from Royal Oak, MI signed.
December 22, 2016
Debra B. from Mason, TN signed.
December 22, 2016
Someone from Christiansted, VI signed.
December 22, 2016
Christopher J. from Spring, TX signed.
December 22, 2016
Someone from New Castle, DE signed.