December 6, 2016
Someone from Marietta, GA signed.
December 6, 2016
Someone from Denver, CO signed.
December 6, 2016
Someone from Dayton, NV signed.
December 6, 2016
Someone from San Diego, CA signed.
December 6, 2016
Someone from Spring Lake, MI writes:
I owe over $83,000 my loan started out at just over $35,000 since I haven't been able to pay the debt because I can't get a job the loan has grown to the amount of just over $83,000 from interest alone. I have to keep deferring them because I can't afford the payment.
December 7, 2016
Someone from Las Vegas, NV writes:
I am in student loan debt of $155,065 from getting two useless degrees from UOP. When I went to get information from UOP, I was told that I should sign up immediately so I can start classes that week. They also said not to worry about the money, they would have the loan docs ready. Once the loans went through, I was then given more money than needed for school fees. Many of the instructors were incompetent, they read from the Powerpoint and just passed everyone through, regardless of if they did the work. I am embarrassed to put this on my resume because employers don't even take the degrees seriously. Now I am getting harrassing calls and emails from federal lenders to pay back the 6 figures for a useless degree. I can't get the loans consolidated into anything reasonable as i will be $900+ and they won't take into account I have living expenses and bills.
December 7, 2016
Someone from Covington, VA writes:
I am currently enrolled at UOP and I am now being told when I only have 4 classes left that I don't have any financial assistance available to me. I am a low income mother of two with student loans up to 40,000 because of this school. I don't even know what to do from here. Honestly, I just hope to find a career certificate program that I can hopefully pay decent to help with expenses from this school.
December 7, 2016
Someone from Gilroy, CA writes:
I have been at Phoenix for a long time and I am starting to get frustrated because I keep hearing bad stuff about this place. Even a friend of mine had to write a paper (she takes online classes at her Alma Mater) about how crappy and phony Phoenix is. I signed up thinking it was accredited. My cousin made fun of me for going there and said it was not accredited. So, if this school is fraudulent, how can I get my student loans paid back to me in full? This is a HUGE waste of money for those of us who are trying to get a degree. It sucks because I don't know if I should finish when I will be fully graduated this coming july 2017. Who has advice for me? I feel completely blindsided.
December 7, 2016
Leslie P. from Warren, MI signed.
December 8, 2016
Someone from Houston, TX writes:
I received an associates and bachelor degree from UOP with the impression that I would benefit from it at my current employer. It wasn't until after graduation that it was made clear to me that UOP was not a respected university by my employee because they are not an accredited university, in which I thought they were. I am not almost $70,000 in student loan debt from attending this school.
December 8, 2016
Debra M. from Portland, OR signed.
December 8, 2016
Jeffrey S. from Weirton, WV writes:
I attended the University of Phoenix for a Psychology degree that I was told would land me a job in counseling and I can't even get an interview with this degree. It cost me $30,000 for an associates degree!!! So I threw away 30 grand for a piece of useless paper. I mean I never even sat in a classroom or used a book. It was online. $30,000 for that and I can't get a job??? HELP!!!
December 8, 2016
Cesar N. from Chandler, AZ writes:
30k+ in debt, no degree, poor teaching programs and relentles collection efforts on loans I did not understood would amount to a life payment commitment.
December 8, 2016
Someone from Jarrell, TX writes:
I am almost 70,000.00 in school loan debt because of the practices of the University of Phoenix. They aggressively recruited, gave me false deadlines of "aid qualification" and gave no job placement assistance. lots of promises but no delivery! Disgraceful!
December 9, 2016
Josh L. from Baltimore, MD signed.
December 9, 2016
Nancy H. from Hollywood, FL writes:
This school is fraudulent in how they handle student loans and grants. Got false information on student loans and stated that I ran out of loan options - so I have to get a personal loan to complete my last two classes after paying almost 30,000 in student loans and grants to this company who abuses the financial aid of students.
December 9, 2016
Someone from Bayville, NJ signed.
Terri A. from Troy, NY signed.
December 10, 2016
Someone from Scottsdale, AZ writes:
Frauds.. Need our money back
December 10, 2016
Evonne W. from Euclid, OH signed.
December 11, 2016
Someone from El Paso, TX writes:
As a single mother and a teacher, I believed getting a masters through UoP would help me earn more money. However, the outcome resulted in a crippling debt.
December 11, 2016
Glenn A. from Hermitage, TN signed.
December 11, 2016
Someone from Fort Campbell, KY writes:
i have been struggling to find out how I am in debt with UoP. My tuition was cobered and once I decided to step down for awhile...I get hit with a bill and I can not continue on or receive my transcripts from them till paid in full. I have no debt towards VA (Veterans Ed ) but I do with UoP...
December 11, 2016
Lloyd S. from Tucson, AZ writes:
UoP officials always stated that UoP was accredited, I assumed they meant by the Higher Learning Commission. I worke for a 2-year college that is striving to keep its HLC accredidation. itation. Without accreditation credits are unlikely to transfer. Degrees are worthless. and FAFSA student loans are not available. As a disabled veteran, I can only say how upset I am with the UoP for ripping me off.
December 12, 2016
Kristan C. from Columbus, GA writes:
I am a single mother that worked full time while busting my butt in college at UOP only to fail a class with only 4 classes left until completion. They then told me I could not come back and finish until I paid them $1800 in cash for the class I failed. I have over $50,000 in student loan debt and no degree. I never learned what was really required for my degree either. So basically I just wasted over 3 years of my life and a ton of money as well
December 12, 2016
wendy t. from Aurora, CO signed.
December 12, 2016
Gloria P. from Sevierville, TN signed.
December 12, 2016
Tirel M. from Saint George, UT writes:
Not only has my degree not done anything for me, but they lied about being accredited and how the student loans worked.
December 13, 2016
Someone from West Columbia, SC writes:
I took my coursework seriously and am proud of my degree, but apparently it is worthless. For this I believe I deserve a refund or at least bare minimum a forgiveness of my outstanding loan.
December 13, 2016
Nitara J. from Aurora, CO signed.
December 13, 2016
Essie L. from San Diego, CA signed.
December 13, 2016
Nicole E. from South Milwaukee, WI writes:
Any loan from UOP should be forgiven. Deception to attend school here.
December 13, 2016
Someone from Freehold, NJ writes:
I attend UOP and was told this school was accredited. It is shocking to find out that the school is not accredited. I would have never enrolled if I knew the degree was pointless.
December 13, 2016
Matthew M. from Walnut Creek, CA writes:
I was lured to attend UOP by an admission counselor who sold the idea of a very lucrative career in business. It was the only college within 30 miles of where I lived and they seemed so legitimate with their highly visible building next to the interstate. Now 8 years later and 90,000 in debt from a BA and MBA, I am barely making enough to service my student loans and pay rent. I have removed UOP from my resume because it is a red flag to employers. It's as if I never went to school, except I have the debt. Please offer some relief to victims of this scam so we can purchase homes and start contributing to the economy instead of being sucked dry by these loans.
December 13, 2016
Alethea B. from Columbus, GA writes:
I attended University of Phoenix and was told the school was accredited and transferable. When ever the grant money arrived we were called to the office to sign over the check and later disbursed whatever amount was left, others were receiving 3,000 or more and I always received 800.00 to 1000.00. I worked hard on all assignments and was passing everything. One teacher gave me a C because he was my teacher in high school and never liked me anyhow. I was making all A's and B's until that point. I accrued more than 20,000 in debt for 2 years with no degree and my wages garnished. I've just completed a student loan rehabilitation program and now supposed to pay 100.00 or more per month. I need this farce of a school to remove these loans or apply them to another College. I called UOP recently to see about enrolling and they found my records and told me I was enrolled in Criminal Justice..I laughed and told them I've never been interested in Criminal Justice..I didn't remember that at all..I could of swore it was Human Resources Management.
December 14, 2016
Someone from Long Beach, CA writes:
I went to ITT tech in 2003 and then I finished my degree in IT with the UOP in 2009. I'm still living below poverty and have not found a permanent job or earn a livable wage in the IT field. Many of these for-profit and non-profit colleges are a fraud. Save your money and time seek other options.
December 14, 2016
Elizabeth B. from Isanti, MN writes:
The degree I received from the University of Phoenix has in no way, shape or form helped me with a career, advancement, etc. The only thing that has come out of this debacle is a bad credit score because I cannot afford the ridiculous over inflated payments (student loans). I am a disabled veteran and live on a fixed income. I had the G.I. Bill, I told my counselor and they acknowledge it. I even made a tuition payment using my G.I. Bill and they returned the funds and pressured me into using student loans through a lender working with them.
December 14, 2016
Someone from Manassas, VA writes:
I was decieved and scammed out of $70,000 dollars from the University of Phoenix
December 14, 2016
Donna L. from Seabrook, TX writes:
I have been told my Bachelors degree in Behavioral Science is nothing but a joke. All the years I put in as a single mom working two jobs and going to school has done nothing for me. I was hoping to have my degree and start counseling but job after job has told me it was not a good degree. Now I am over 80,000 dollars in and I cannot even get a job in my field of study. The school credits I have is not accepted at any school I have tried to get into. This is a huge disappointment to me. Not to mention I fell for one of these companies (Action Administrative Services, LLC) that told me they would get my debt reduced if I paid 233 dollars for three months as a fee for help but in fact it did absolutely nothing for my student debt.
December 15, 2016
Someone from Houston, MN writes:
I was told that this school was accredited in mn and I could use this criminal justice degree to be a police officer here ... The only thing I would need to do is transfer over to the skills portion at one of the mn schools. Not true. I have to do the degree all over ... So now I have a worthless piece of paper that cost me $25,000. Seems criminal and have contacted lawyers ... None will take this on.