Someone from Orlando, FL writes:
The recruiter were very persuaded in leading me to believe that a master degree in Information Systems would be a lucrative field to get a degree in from University of Phoenix. The degree is not even worth the paper its printed on. I am over $50,000 in student loan debt with a useless degree.
November 29, 2016
Christine C. from Denver, CO writes:
My payments did nothing but go up the entire time I was in school. Doubled, if not more- by the time I graduated
November 29, 2016
Someone from Tucson, AZ writes:
MY STUDENT LOANS WENT ALMOST DOUBLE.
November 30, 2016
Someone from Nescopeck, PA signed.
November 30, 2016
Someone from Kerrville, TX writes:
My student loan from UOP in Tucson, AZ, is more than double now...to $140,000 plus...and I'm living on social security. I was told I could find a job easily with my MBA in management but, after sending out resume after resume, never once received an answer.
November 30, 2016
Someone from San Tan Valley, AZ writes:
My student loans have doubled to $110,000 after attending UoP' MBA program. The Crushing debt is too much to bear for a useless piece of paper.
November 30, 2016
Someone from Rock Springs, WY signed.
November 30, 2016
Michael H. from Niceville, FL signed.
November 30, 2016
Someone from Katy, TX writes:
My loans from UoP have almost tripled and with everything else on my plate I don't know have I'm going to be able to pay them and be able to eat. Please help me and others affected by this debt situation. thank you
November 30, 2016
Dianna S. from Peoria, IL writes:
I have so much student loan debt that i can never pay off and did not receive an education at all
November 30, 2016
Someone from Barberton, OH signed.
November 30, 2016
Someone from Bradford, RI signed.
November 30, 2016
Someone from Mansfield, TX signed.
December 1, 2016
Someone from Cadillac, MI signed.
December 1, 2016
Someone from Sahuarita, AZ writes:
When I first went to get information to U of P the total debt by the end of my degree was going to be around $25,000, by graduation time it was around $46,000. Since I was not able to pay the debt after a couple of years it was sent to the U.S. Department of Education. I couldn't keep up with payments, it was either school loan or feeding my kids. My debt has been sent to a debt collector and it is a little over $76,000 due to the accrued interest while the U.S. Dept of Education had my loan. This doesn't mean that we don't want to pay for the loan, but the University of Phoenix made it impossible by lying and raising their tuition every year. Employers won't hire you unless you have between 3 to 5 years experience on the field.
December 1, 2016
Someone from Ocala, FL writes:
I have a mountain of debt from this school and it did nothing to help my pay as a teacher.
December 2, 2016
Someone from Boyne City, MI signed.
December 2, 2016
Casey H. from Waddell, AZ writes:
I was mid lead and told I could get a job in law enforcement even though I had a criminal record that prevented this. Now I owe 16k in debt and no degree
December 2, 2016
willie b. from camphill, AL writes:
I was working on my Doctorate degree beginning in 2009. 2016 I could not afford to continue on. The university of Phoenix treated me like a piggy bank. Each time I submitted my proposal a different 4th reviewer wanted me to make a change. This continued for two years. I am now in debt to the United States for over one hundred and thirty thousand dollars. By May of 2017 The interest will be so great that I won't be able to afford to pay. I am now in forbearance.. My plans were to achieve a doctorate degree and begin to pay my student loan. Now my hope is to avoid becoming a homeless person. I desperately need help from someone to investigate the university of phoenix. I am an honorably discharged national guardsman. Please help.
December 2, 2016
Someone from Stamford, CT signed.
December 2, 2016
Someone from Stamford, CT signed.
December 2, 2016
Someone from Breaux Bridge, LA writes:
I have been reaching out and trying to find ways to end this debt, this is not my fault, the counselors never gave me an estimate of the cost of my financial aid, they gave me a base cost, which it was not correct after completing the course, he avoided all my questions and after I started my courses I had to keep going in order to earn a Cert, it got me nowhere but in Debt. An advertisement from federal Government came up on Facebook, I did not trust it at 1st, it stated something like this (Former Phoenix of Arizona Student loans maybe fraud and all loans will be wiped out, forgiveness) so I contacted them to find out what was going on thinking I was going to talk to the federal Government that was accusing them of fraud, it was the Student Financial Help Center to give assistance in reducing your loan trying to consolidate my loan, this was miss leading, after I went back to that article on Facebook it was removed and I now am getting calls from the institute. They did not give me any forgiveness due to my income Student loan debt has reached an all-time high, and according to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, the total amounts to around $1.4 trillion. Goodbye Loans can help determine if you qualify for the student loan forgiveness as a result of the lawsuit against University of Phoenix.
December 2, 2016
Christine J. from Tucson, AZ signed.
December 3, 2016
Someone from Greensboro, NC signed.
December 4, 2016
Vineta B. from Plano, TX signed.
December 5, 2016
Sarah A. from Stillwater, OK writes:
I am a single mother who started at UoP with high hopes, but after speaking with potential employers, learned their school is a laughable option for higher education. I completed one full year with a 2.57 pga and had to drop out one mo tj into the second year because of family hardship and not being able to afford wifi or a car to get somewhere with wifi. I owe over $17,000 for ONE year or college now.
December 5, 2016
Someone from Mira Loma, CA writes:
I attended this school in 1999 until 2001. I graduated in 2001 with a bachelor degree in business management. This degree is useless and I could not get a job in the business management field and their job placement assistant was non-existence. I am now stuck on nearly $16,000- in student debt after paying on this account since 2003. I consolidated in 2005 to pay lower monthly fee and bill went from $21,000 to $44,000. I had to retire from work in 2002 due to being sick and had a hard time paying for my medications and had to split my pills to save money. I am now 30% disabled.through the department of veterans affairs.
December 5, 2016
ISAAC G. from Mira Loma, CA writes:
December 5, 2016
Someone from Shirley, IN writes:
This UOP forgiveness needs to cover online students too.
December 5, 2016
Cheryl P. from Casper, WY writes:
My University of Phoenix student loan as been an undue burden. Over $10,000 in student fees for tuition for only a year and a half of education. The credits were not transferable and I was never able to finish the program because I married and moved. I contacted UOP and they explained that if I didn't finish the program with them, the credits would disintegrate and I'd have to start over again if I ever wanted to do the program. None of those conditions were ever explained to me when I attended that School. I disappointed beyond belief that I could not finish the program at a different school and that my credits would disintegrate after 10 years if I didn't finish the program through UOP.
December 5, 2016
Someone from Valencia, CA writes:
I graduated with an MBA in 2015 and making a little more than minimum wage. This degree is completely useless, and the educational experience at UOP was a joke! Students pretty much have to rely on THEMSELVES to learn the material as there is no "teaching" that actually occurs in the classroom forums. I owe $80,000, and this debt will now hinder me from ever moving forward. I feel completely constrained and financially bound. I don't know how useful these online petitions are, but I hope someone out there would listen and put a STOP to this school. I hope UOP meets the same fate as ITT Tech and Corinthian College.
December 5, 2016
Someone from Valencia, CA signed.
December 5, 2016
Kathleen M. from Ayer, MA writes:
I am paying $549 per month and it is a struggle. Loan forgiveness needs to cover online programs, we were easily duped as military families.
December 5, 2016
Amanda W. from Oak Park, MI signed.
December 5, 2016
Someone from Wildomar, CA signed.
December 5, 2016
Janel S. from Yadkinville, NC writes:
I took 1 year of the online business degree program and somehow I owe $27,000.00 . Something is very wrong. Seeking help with this.
December 6, 2016
Leah S. from Largo, FL writes:
The sums of the loans I took and the amount that I owe do not add up. I owe much more than I borrowed and can not get it straightened out. With interest rates between 6.35% and 8% it is very difficult to pay off.
December 6, 2016
Christina G. from Brookville, OH writes:
I have a worthless degree. I get laughed at when people look at my resume when I apply for jobs. Graduated four years ago with $24k in debt. How am I suppose to pat that off with my part time housekeeping job?
December 6, 2016
Someone from Charlotte, NC writes:
My degree is useless and I have not been able to get into the field I want without ANOTHER degree. I will never be able to pay off what I owe and have a Mater's degree I can only make 12.00 an hour with.
December 6, 2016
Kara S. from Cedar Springs, MI writes:
I owe over $38.000 for a degree that I've never been able.to use. I was told I could use it towards being a nursing home administrator and that was not true. I can't use it for anything!