Someone from Roseville, MI writes:
I obtained a Masters degree from UOP in the field of Information Systems in 2013. I have not had an interview with anyone and continue to apply for various positions with numerous companies. I feel like that UOP went though a great deal to get me to further my education there, and then they just threw me to the wolves knowing that my loans would default and I would be screwed. This has put my life in a horrible spot and I have been trying to dig out of a never-ending hole. They really need to accept responsibility, and provide loan forgiveness to everyone that attended there because of the lies and scams that they run on people just to get them in the door. Not only did I waste time on my education, I also waste a lot of money traveling back and forth to school. I was really a bad decision to attend there and if I would had known how they operate, I would have never got myself in this much debt with no light on the other side of the tunnel.
3 months ago
Someone from Mckinney, TX signed.
3 months ago
Keima D. from Oklahoma City, OK signed.
3 months ago
Someone from Oklahoma City, OK signed.
Duphily D. from Wenatchee, WA writes:
I graduated from university of phoenix in 2014 with a bachelor's degree in environmental science. It's been almost three years and have not been able to get a job in my field. I have been crippled by debt and have to work warehouse jobs and a sad realization that my education is worthless.
3 months ago
William M. from Greenville, MS signed.
Kimberly A. from Boise, ID writes:
Drowning in student loan debt from UOP!!! Please do what is right and provide much needed relief by forgiving these loans. These loans are a parasite on my family!
Someone from Fort Myers, FL writes:
Still looks for work after graduating in 2012 with a Masters in Health Care Administration focus in gerontology. Been looking, and not finding anything. Piled high in debt, too. Not sure when or if or how to pay off the debt. I do work, but have other bills too.
Someone from Fort Myers, FL writes:
3 months ago
from San Jacinto, CA signed.
Someone from East Orange, NJ writes:
I also attended UOP ...Jesus Christ what a nightmare ! These people are a legit scam not a university . I wanted to further my education have a degree under or two under my belt , become more desirable to an employer . The University of Phoenix is did the opposite no one wants to touch that degree . All that's left is a huge debt "really"
Ruben A. from Belen, NM writes:
I am currently attending the University of Phoenix and have hit a road block. I am a working American that doesn't have to benefit of going to a University of my choice from the state that I live in. I have worked a consistent 60 hours a week in a position to provide for my family, constantly the school has harassed me to pay a outrageous school expense and now I am in limbo due to no help from the school or the school providing options. I am placed in a position of having to drop out of school with a tremendous amount of loans built up. I beg congress to put a stop to this relentless school that does not care about its students, their financial position, and leech off the working class American. My credits will not transfer to local colleges in my state, thus providing even more frustration as I have nothing to show for other then a bill. Yet the University of Phoenix continues to strive while I am left in shambles.
3 months ago
Jack V. from Newport News, VA signed.
3 months ago
Mikel O. from Birmingham, AL signed.
Russell K. from Minneapolis, MN writes:
I was a university of Phoenix online student from 2008-2011. I have been unsuccessful landing a job in the field I went to school for due to the lack of credibility and am struggling to get by financially. I regret all the time spent on My classes as it was a waste and their aggressive and deceitful sales practices to get me enrolled should be illegal and held accountable.
3 months ago
Teresa S. from Myrtle Beach, SC signed.
3 months ago
Marty S. from Cairo, GA signed.
3 months ago
Someone from Fishers, IN signed.
Loretta S. from Middlesboro, KY writes:
I was a UoP student (online) from 2009-2013. I have not been successful in getting a job in my chosen field and as a result cannot afford to pay off these outstanding loans. I also believe the amount of my loans ended up being more than what I was told they would be. I have regretted being taken in by their promises of help after graduation and am sorry I ever signed up with them. I did not know that they were not an accredited school until recently.
Someone from Vancouver, WA writes:
They mislead you every step of the way. The next thing you know is you have a worthless degree & crushing debt. I have a decent job, no thanks to school & I can't even afford the pay as you earn program. You're told that it's a real degree from a real college. You get neither. Please help. Going to college may have been the worst decision of my life.
3 months ago
Someone from Raleigh, NC signed.
Someone from Stockton Springs, ME writes:
Completed UOP Arizona for a "business degree" I'm in the same boat I was before I started, I graduated with a 3.7 GPA and can still no longer find a job. Employers laugh at my useless "degree".
Rose R. from Livermore Falls, ME writes:
I started going threw them and found out all the money I owe is for nothing and not accepted I have to redo all the classes!!
Kelsie G. from Prineville, OR writes:
University of phonix lied to me saying my human server degree would allow me to work as a social worker. Soon to find out they are not even an accredited school of social work. Over 50,000 thousand dollars in debt for a degre that is worthless.
3 months ago
Tim S. from Mechanicsville, MD signed.
3 months ago
Someone from Las Vegas, NV signed.
November 25, 2016
Someone from Chambersburg, PA writes:
Close these criminals down!
November 25, 2016
Melissa L. from Phoenix, AZ writes:
I attended the school online forum, they assigned me to courses that I was unable to transfer to another school. They lied to me and said I would be able to transfer these courses....
November 25, 2016
Misty W. from Jackson, CA signed.
November 28, 2016
Someone from Gloversville, NY writes:
I had to go to school for a new position in a school district and none of the classes I took was accredited. I am now stuck with these loans and not able to pay them.
November 28, 2016
Someone from Darlington, SC writes:
I was under the impression that it was an accredited college for Higher Learning and have walked away with over $25,000 in debt and a useless degree which is not being recognized by businesses abroad.
November 28, 2016
Maritza S. from Orlando, FL signed.
November 28, 2016
Someone from Roseville, CA writes:
I attend this school currently. I am a single 23 year old woman completely financing myself. I have been a student here for 2 years and now I am being required to pay the school $11,000 to simply start my next course! I have fought tooth and nail to try and get financial help or even simpler, answers, regarding my loans and now they are telling me it will cost me $35,000 to finish the next two years of class, OUT OF POCKET. Two years of my life wasted, a degree I have spent over $33,000 of in student loans, that I don't even have, and credits I can't transfer. This has been a nightmare a huge blow to my life. This school is all sell, sell, sell, and then they keep you in until your loans are all used up and then STILL want to take more from you. Ruined my life and my view of schooling.
November 29, 2016
Willie B. from camphill, AL writes:
The University of Phoenix employs teachers who know less about the requirements of the Quality Review Method and have acquired his or her Doctorate Degree from less rigorous institutions. How can a mentor help the University of Phoenix students Doctoral students pass the Quality Review Method? Telling the student to stay foccussed and don't give up is useless in completing a proposal.
November 29, 2016
Someone from Milwaukee, WI writes:
Our family is hindered by large debts my husband incurred while attending UOP. He ended up with an advanced degree that is about as valuable as the paper it's printed on. It's sad to see that I went through a more traditional institution. Earned a lesser degree that has been very valuable in my field and my debt is a small fraction of his. These are the things that makes it difficult for middle class families to be successful and save for our children's futures.
November 29, 2016
Sabina S. from Vancouver, WA signed.
November 29, 2016
Someone from Marietta, GA writes:
I would like to petition UOP due to their unethical grading patterns to take student loan money in a bait and switch manner.
November 29, 2016
ireta l. from Fort Lauderdale, FL signed.
November 29, 2016
C H. from Augusta, GA signed.
November 29, 2016
Anna M. from Burbank, CA writes:
I currently have an unfinished degree from the University of Phoenix, I'm not planning to continue to attend that school due it holding no value. I currently owe over $21,000.000 in federal student loan debt. Please help me and other students in my position.