November 10, 2016
Someone from Albany, OR writes:
I have 100k in debt F from U Of P . Started wanting to be a socil worker. Bachelor's in Health and Human Services. That got me no where as you cannot become a social worker. I was not told that. I was told the opposite. Stupidly I stayed and got a Master in psychology. I got no where. I got my CNA license and took a job at the State Hospital. I am loaded with debt and make no income. Thanks UofP...
Someone from Dallas, TX writes:
In severe debt because of UofP
November 11, 2016
from Philadelphia, PA writes:
I earned a useless BSIT with the University of Phoenix. I have wasted 4 years of my life dedicating to them hoping I can land a job in the technology field. I have applied to more than a hundred jobs relating in the IT field, and yet a year later still unemployed and $46,000 in debt.
November 12, 2016
Someone from Walker, LA writes:
My associate degree in Health care administration/medical records is useless. I was lied to I was told that even though the school did not issue certification certificates I would be able to get the certificate I needed to do the work that I wanted to do which was not true. The certification I need is from ahiima and they will not pay the money to the organization that owns the certification which was around $10,000 for everyone in the school to be able to apply for their certifications. This would mean that they would have to allow this organization which is one of the oldest to review their curriculum , and they have it in their books that they teach you from that this is the one needed to get a job. Almost everyone in the state where I live what their certifications and if you don't have no need to apply. My diploma is useless and $30,000 in debt, and when I started they said it would only cost $13,000. Your credits are not transferable so I can't go to another school without starting all over again. I am embarrassed to say I have a degree from this school with all the problems they have had and no one wants to except this degree it is useless. The department of Education needs to forgive all these loans.
November 12, 2016
Someone from Walker, LA writes:
November 12, 2016
Someone from Panama City Beach, FL writes:
I received an AA and BA and have been asked to go back for a Masters. Please advise.
November 12, 2016
Someone from Hammond, LA writes:
I attended and i am now switching to a non profit college this college has misled me in saying the tution was cheaper than what i was told when i actually enrolled they have lied about money they have not recieved
November 12, 2016
Someone from Lincoln, CA writes:
I was told average income for Business Admin BS degree was 80k yearly. So I signed up. I am not seeing 80k yearly, and have not worked in my field of study yet as no one will hire me with this Phoenix degree.it has been four years since graduation...
November 13, 2016
Stacy G. from Southaven, MS writes:
I was told that I would not have school debt getting a degree for Healthcare Administration, and I still do not have a job in this field. I am a single mom and was told this would be degree that would make 70000 yr, and I would get grants that would help me get education I needed to take care of my children. Once I was already part of the program, raising 3 kids by myself and working and college full time, I was told there may be possible student loans that could arise, but it would not total more rhan 5000. The payments if any would not be more 25-50 bucks a month. I was also told that as long as I continue my education with a high GPA that I may not have to pay any back. Well again I still do not have a job in that field, I do not make but 34000 a yr, and have loans not grants, over 25000 from 2 yrs of college with UOP. The payments are 280 -360, which I cannot afford I constantly have to ask for forbearance, for 4 yrs now, and employment hardship, which has not helped or forgiven the debt, only made me owe more. There has never been an empkoyment hardship put towards my debt, either. I cannot buy a house for me and my children, with a asmaller note, than what I have to pay rent for, or afford a 50 payment, much less a 265 -$300 payment because of this. , Please help, forgive this debt. I did my part of not dropping out, kept my GPA up, and continue to struggle daily to take care of my children. Please please ,, I'm not trying to get out of paying, but I should not owe more than the 5500 , If that, that was told to me could happen.
November 13, 2016
Amy A. from Russellville, AR writes:
The degree I earned is not accepted anywhere within my region and I have yet to find any job using my degree. When I say where I graduated from U am laughed at and told that my degree is basically useless. Yet I'm stuck with high student debt and no way to earn nearly enough money to cover the 1,500 monthly payments.
November 13, 2016
Someone from Piqua, OH writes:
Unfortunately my MBA has not helped me find a solid job in over 2 1/2 years. After being dropped by my previous employer due to downsizing, I was unemployed for almost a year. I tapped into every account I had to keep myself and children (single dad) afloat for as long as I could. Now I am still seeking employment while working at a job that nets less then 50k a year. Not what I expected from a MBA.
November 13, 2016
Garret G. from Klamath Falls, OR signed.
November 14, 2016
Someone from Washington, DC writes:
I have accrued several loans through the University of Phoenix and now, finding out that this degree will not assist me in getting that career or job I dreamed of is disappointing. I am going to do everything I can to get this removed from my history and move on to better things.
Someone from Shreveport, LA signed.
Ashlee F. from Sweeny, TX writes:
I was promised quick job placement and a useful degree by many counselors over the course of my program at UoP. Unfortunately, I am 3 years post graduation and I have yet to find a job using my degree. It was/is a complete waste and I have a whopping $24,000 in student loan debt to repay for this. It is sickening that I allowed myself to fall for the schemes. I want my debts relieved and that school shut down. It is a sick tactic in today's world.
November 15, 2016
Donald N. from New Orleans, LA writes:
I owe 182,000 in loans and not a high paying job in site. What am I to do?
November 15, 2016
LaToya D. from Bossier City, LA signed.
November 15, 2016
Someone from camphill, AL writes:
My mentor interest was in getting paid. When i asked her to help me with an out of class submission she chuckled and stated "the assistant dean said that I was not to help you out of class" "so sorry." Heed my warning. Do not attend this school. They are only interested in making money and will have you continue to take useless course work. I owe 127.000 dollars.
November 15, 2016
Someone from Lincoln, MO writes:
University of Pheonix denied me the double bachelors degree I was supposed to get because they claimed that, even though I had federal student loans totaling over $66,000, that I did not have the funding available because I did not have "enough credit hours" in my final semester to qualify for aid. This was about the 6th financial aid person I had spoken to in about 2 months time that informed me of this. Then, even though I dropped those last 2 online classes within the first 2 weeks, which should not have accrued more charges according to what was shown on their website, I was charged over $3000. This was in 2013. I ended up having to repay this money through ECMC (Educational Credit Management Corporation), which is a FEDERAL collector by the way, through wage garnishment and tax return interception. Supposedly, this debt was paid in full in May 2016, and I have a receipt from ECMC stating "Paid in Full". Now, University of Pheonix is claiming I still owe them over $3000.....again. All of my other student loans are up to date through Navient, the federal collector for student loans. This is crap!!!! I'm trying to get a home and U of P is saying that this is still a valid debt...... EVEN THOUGH I ALREADY PAID IT!!!!! This is fraud!!!!
November 15, 2016
Someone from Austin, TX signed.
November 15, 2016
Someone from El Paso, TX writes:
Sad to say I owe so much money in student loans!! And I have not seen an increase in my pay or advanced in my because no one takes a degree from uop seriously!
November 15, 2016
Cecilia G. from El Paso, TX signed.
November 15, 2016
Cecilia G. from El Paso, TX signed.
November 15, 2016
Jimmy S. from Manhattan, KS writes:
So frustrating
November 16, 2016
Roger W. from Skowhegan, ME writes:
I couldn't get a job with the degree I received from the University of Phoenix and now I'm left with crushing debt. I haven't been able to find work and don't know how I am going to repay the debts.
November 16, 2016
Someone from camphill, AL writes:
When I began my doctoral studies in 2009 with the University of Phoenix I wasn't sure if I could qualify as a Doctoral Student. During my first year residence I passed the qualifications. Now in 2016 I am struggling to pass the Quality Review Method (QRM). Each time I submit to the QRM a 4th reviewer ask that I make some changes. Each time I make the suggested changes a different reviewer ask that i make other changes. This has gone on since 2012. My committee members tell me the proposal looks good but different reviewers send it back asking for different changes. Now I find out that accrediting agents are on the payroll. I have used up all my resources trying to pass the QRM. I sent an email to my senator Mike Rogers. He contacted the University of Phoenix. Their response was to change the time to submit after course work from 90 days to 30 days. i advise anyone not to attend the University of Phoenix. I lost a committee member because he told me "the University of Phoenix is being sued for fraud" that is why I am leaving.
November 16, 2016
Christina T. from Plano, TX writes:
I graduated from University of Phoenix in 2010 and am making the exact same salary that I made that year. The degree got me nowhere and the recruiter that convinced me that the program was right for me (full time job, 2 kids, etc) was obviously a good salesman. My degree isn't worth the paper it is printed on!
November 16, 2016
Jason S. from Loganville, GA signed.
November 16, 2016
Someone from Estill Springs, TN writes:
I earned an Associate's and Bachelor's degree at the UOP and McDonald's is the only place that will hire me. I furthered my education to improve my life, not make me poorer.
November 16, 2016
Someone from Victorville, CA writes:
They're faulty tactics used up all my financial aid. They made the last few classes that I needed so difficult to complete so that I had to keep paying for it over and over again. To top that I never received my BA because of this class and I'm stuck with trying to give them more money to finish and take out more loans for the last two classes I need. Plus on top of that I'm in debt for all the loans I've taken out for a degree I have not yet obtained. They lie and pump you up and when they have sucked all they can out of you, you are forced to drop. I can't even get my transcripts to transfer else where because they want $1400 for a class that I've paid for twice already.
November 16, 2016
Lois K. from Kalamazoo, MI writes:
Who says the school is not accredited? I just started at the one in Portage, Michigan in 2013. I did not know at the time that they were involved in this mess. I am now in my last class. I had to borrow 20,000 from a bank.All of the schools in Michigan have closed. I am getting my associates degree. Have I been ripped off? Is there some agency I can contact about this? Please help me. I need a job to pay back this money with.
November 16, 2016
Monica K. from San Diego, CA writes:
I was part of one of the first graduating classes with a Master of Health Administration. I applied to numerous jobs in the field. However, since my degree is not from an “accredited University”. Have been denied several jobs. My degree did not help me grow my career. The only thing it did was put me into debt. I was working 2 jobs/ 7 days a week and spent all my free time writing papers and doing assignments. The only thing I looked forward to in the end was the thought of hard work, deprived sleep, and exhaustion would pay off due to the fact I was furthering my education. Now I will owe a large amount of money am not making enough to pay back in time.
November 16, 2016
Someone from Akron, OH writes:
I got both my bachelor and masters degrees at uop online and now I'm 90,000 in debt...interest keeps piling up because I can't afford to pay. I keep getting turned down for a home loan because my debt is so high. This is ridiculous how much this affects our lives! Something needs to be done!
November 17, 2016
Someone from Great Falls, MT writes:
University of Phoenix mislead me with false information to get me to enroll right away. I was told that if my FAFSA application results showed an expected family contribution of "0" I'd have enough grants to pay for my degree program. Once I enrolled everything I was told had change. They began to tell me that I was short a couple of "thousands" of dollars that was needed to cover a remaining balance for the class I was in. They had me sign up for a student loan. After receiving the loan they took their portion and refunded me the remaining balance. I then learn that the loan I signed for was concurrent and it never stated that on the forms. I also later learned that the amount I was told to request by my enrollment advisor was way more than I needed to ask for. They had me ask for a certain amount on loan papers and I believe they did this to get more money for themselves. They'd ask me to increase the loan amount to 10, 000. I believe that UOP targets military students as well. I recieved a military discount and even after being approved for the discount they would tell me I needed more money. I was asked if I had any relatives that I could borrow money from after I told them I didn't have any other way to fund my schooling and that I didn't want to have tons of student loan debt. This was my first time taking online classes and I believed everything the enrollment advisor told me. They use tactics such as building a relationship with potential students so that they can get you to trust them. They talk about your family life so they can find your weakness and use it to rip you off. They make you brlieve that they have your best interest at heart only to get you comfortable so they can take what they can get out of you. I'm in debt for more that 30,000 for the associate program they scammed me into pursing at their business. I've tried disputing these issues prior and after being sent to collections. I was harassed by their collections company and threatened with jail time if I didn't pay them.
November 17, 2016
Someone from Blissfield, MI signed.
November 17, 2016
Jennifer J. from Arcadia, OK writes:
I received a Masters in Business Administration and a Masters in Human Resource Management from University of Phoenix. With my undergrad in Legal Studies, I thought the MBA and HRM would be great compliments and round out my education. My Masters was completed in 2006 and I've yet to be able to secure a interview for a HR position. I am in debt for $120k and currently making $15 an hour with a law firm. I've received no benefit from having one, much less two, UoP Master degrees!
November 17, 2016
Someone from Fresno, CA writes:
Please dont aim.to shut down my school.I love them rhey are og so much help to me and my schedule. I saw that tere was like a 5% graduation rate but I think that is a load of bull though my education I way overpriced it has helped me in that I have cintrol over my schedule I am currently receiving my aa and hope to attened another online school till im ready to come.back to UOPX to recive my phd. I have straight a's. I want to make uopx more affordable so that when student aid cant help.im not scammed into some sort of payment that I dont have . The debt I have accrued is far beyond what I ever wanted what a nightmare but I hope we all get some.relief
November 17, 2016
Jason M. from Zion, IL writes:
40k in debt and working hard...but I can't get a job with my degree.
November 17, 2016
Lindsay H. from Newcastle, CA signed.
November 18, 2016
Angela P. from Metter, GA writes:
I am a single mother of 4. Luckily, I heard about their faulty claims to being acceptable in their accreditation in my first quarter, and therefore, I only attended for two weeks. However, the school is still trying to hold me to a loan that is now on my credit report, and I cannot even find any information regarding this loan, or who I am supposed to pay. I am concerned that this is going to effect my income taxes and this money is the only means by which I can afford to improve upon the state of affairs in which my kids and I must live on a daily basis. This year, we were planning on finally getting a better home because we currently reside in a dilapidated mobile home that is too small for 5 people. This one bad mark by the University of Phoenix, who misrepresents themselves to those who cannot afford to be scammed, will cause my family to continue to reside in below poverty like conditions for at least another year, if not longer.