January 14, 2016
Someone from Newark Valley, NY signed.
January 14, 2016
Someone from Cedar Hill, TX signed.
January 14, 2016
Someone from Madison, AL signed.
January 14, 2016
Someone from Kosciusko, MS signed.
January 14, 2016
Someone from Brenham, TX signed.
January 14, 2016
Someone from Monticello, MN signed.
January 14, 2016
Someone from North Richland Hills, TX signed.
January 14, 2016
Someone from Winston Salem, NC writes:
This University assured me that they were acredited finding out they are not is severely disappointing. I feel that theyou took advantage of me and now I have a useless degree. They should be help accountable for there actions and our loans should be forgiven!
January 14, 2016
Someone from Martinsville, VA signed.
January 14, 2016
Someone from Gilberts, IL signed.
January 15, 2016
Someone from Los Angeles, CA signed.
Someone from Mechanicsburg, PA writes:
I'll be paying until I am 80 years old.
January 15, 2016
Someone from Hickory, NC signed.
January 15, 2016
Someone from Whitehall, PA signed.
January 15, 2016
Someone from Albuquerque, NM signed.
Someone from Greensburg, PA writes:
I went through them in2007-2008 having been in a car accident. Get harassed daily for repayment when I couldn't finish the degree.
January 15, 2016
Someone from Galesburg, IL signed.
January 15, 2016
Someone from Decatur, GA signed.
Someone from Tooele, UT writes:
I questioned this school when I started going there but I was assured that they were accredited and that many companies hire specifically University of Phoenix graduates and the schedule was very convenient. I should have done more research and kick myself for not doing so. There were times when I did not even know how I passed a class because I did not feel that my work was as good as the grades indicated it was. Some teachers gave full points on everything and I felt that my work was not even reviewed. There were a few great teachers who I actually learned a lot from and graded accurately. Those classes were always a little harder when I would get a lower grade but they also made me feel that I was being graded fairly and accurately. Both my husband and I got bachelors degrees from this school and we both feel that for the most part we learned most online rather than in the class. My husband got a degree in web development and they obviously taught the basics of how to start but that was about it. The school does not even use programs that would be used in the real world work lives. I got an accounting degree and I still don't know how to use any accounting programs. As this is something that will be used these days in almost any accounting positions, this is certainly an important thing to learn along with the degree. Many times I felt that with the classes it was more of an refresher or additional knowledge for those who are already working in whatever field the class was for. We would be given instructions on writing a paper based on your experience at your job. This was very impractical since the reason I was taking the classes was to learn this to be able to get this type of job after graduation. I was not able to write many of these papers as instructed but luckily (I guess) many instructors would let me write based off of research of other companies or what not. I did return to the University of Phoenix to start my Masters Degree. During my break, I decided that since I was not having any luck finding a job with my degree, maybe I wanted to change. I wanted to be able to spend more time with my kids and decided to get a teaching degree. This was the most ridiculous program. The school had no idea what they were doing with this program and my class pointed this out to them many times. There is a state required test that has to be taken to get the degree and additional one for the school. The scores that the school had expected from this test were WAY above the state standards and were almost unattainable. We were told that we had to retake the test until we reached a passing score. Did I mention that the test cost quite a bit of money as well each time you took it. The school basically did not update their policies and requirements when the test was redesigned and scored differently. This should have been something that they looked into immediately since this was a time sensitive and expensive test. After we had p
January 15, 2016
Someone from Palisade, CO signed.
Someone from Liberty, MO signed.
Someone from Salt Lake City, UT writes:
I'm reading that the sanction was lifted in July 2015 and UofP is once again accredited. But for how long? The jig is up for them and they are cutting staff due to low enrollment stats. Every month I pay them $626 that will carry into my retirement. How could I have been so stupid??
January 15, 2016
Someone from Williston, ND signed.
January 15, 2016
Someone from Vista, CA signed.
January 15, 2016
Someone from Los Angeles, CA signed.
January 15, 2016
Someone from Las Vegas, NV signed.
January 15, 2016
Someone from Chapin, IL signed.
January 15, 2016
Someone from Spring, TX signed.
January 15, 2016
Someone from North Port, FL signed.
January 15, 2016
Someone from Wenatchee, WA signed.
Someone from Denham Springs, LA writes:
I recently dropped out of University of Phoenix's Web Design Associate's Degree Program.After almost a full year of being enrolled, I realized that I am able to gain better quality education just by researching the Internet than in this "school". This school attempts to portray itself as a top-notch learning facility when in reality each class is basically a collection of pdf files and recycled questions. The school counselor used quick speaking tactics to talk me into taking out more loans once I had completed a few classes. Initially, I was told that no more loans would be needed and that my financial aid had covered all of the expenses. This school is a money making machine that doesn't provide it's students with quality education. U. of Phoenix's students would learn more in-depth knowledge by searching their chosen field on the Internet.
Someone from Kingmont, WV writes:
I owe 46000 and haven't used any of the teaching that relate to my degree
January 16, 2016
Someone from Lancaster, CA signed.
January 16, 2016
Someone from Evanston, IL signed.
January 16, 2016
Someone from El Paso, TX signed.
January 17, 2016
Someone from Seattle, WA signed.
January 17, 2016
Someone from El Paso, TX signed.
January 17, 2016
Someone from Hesperia, CA writes:
Their methods of propoganda for getting paid to go to school and making it seem like the loans are no big deal and would be paid back with great careers after graduation is a slap in the face for the student who pursues more than one degree hoping to make a grand catch of great jobs. So disappointing and mentally draining.
1 year ago
Someone from El Cajon, CA writes:
I have a 57,000.00 loan. Graduated in 2007 and I have YET to be able to use my degree. I have it listed on my resume as Bachelors In Business management. When asked where I received my degree. I tell them UoP . Those jobs I answered that question for, never called me back. Now I am looking for some type of forgiveness......UoP not accredited??? that is a first also. I was ASSURED UoP was. and not just regional...Define, Regional??
1 year ago
Someone from Sacramento, CA signed.