January 11, 2016
Someone from Snellville, GA signed.
January 11, 2016
Someone from Revere, MA writes:
Graduated and never found work in my field, the "degree" is not seen as a legit degree by most employers.
January 11, 2016
Someone from Fort Collins, CO signed.
January 11, 2016
Someone from Sacramento, CA signed.
January 11, 2016
Someone from Houston, TX signed.
January 11, 2016
Someone from Paradise, CA writes:
The counselors were not trying to serve my best interests, and I suspect they were advising me to do whatever would earn themselves the best commissions. I did not get what I came for and, instead, have a mountain of debt.
January 11, 2016
Someone from Danville, VA signed.
January 11, 2016
Someone from New Britain, CT signed.
January 11, 2016
Someone from Little Rock, AR signed.
January 12, 2016
Someone from Lehi, UT signed.
January 12, 2016
Someone from Eufaula, AL signed.
Someone from Overland Park, KS writes:
Mountains of debt and not even as much as a call back from TONS of resume submissions. The degree is a joke and now I'm left with nothing but extreme debt and nothing to show for it.
January 12, 2016
Someone from Watertown, NY signed.
January 12, 2016
Someone from Sainte Genevieve, MO signed.
Someone from Crown Point, IN signed.
January 12, 2016
Someone from Spokane, WA signed.
Someone from Tempe, AZ writes:
I attended this school with the hopes of providing a stable and bright future for my son and myself. When i was about a year away from graduation i began looking for a job in the field i was trying to get into. not only were the job prospects nothing like the school counselors were advising me they would be, the university of phoenix degree seemly carried no weight in any potential employers eyes. I now find myself a struggling single parent, who has not received a tax refund in over 4 years due to garnishments for these loans. Despite having consolidated what i thought was all of my loans, some were not included and my loan balance has grown over $5,000 in the past 6 months. I have exhaused my options seeking help in what to do, how can i fix this on a limited income as a single parent. i drive an old vehicle, i live in a rough neighborhood, i work very hard just trying to get by. And i have nothing to show for it. Did not finish my degree once i realized what a huge mistake university of phoenix was i chose not to continue on. unfortunately life was difficult at that time. i was a newly single parent, my car broke down and i couldn't afford to repair it which led to me losing my job. i was unemployed, with no vehicle, lived in a rural area, and had no support. my loans went into default shortly after when i was told i didn't qualify for a hardship deferment?? Going to college has literally financially destroyed my life. i see no light at the end of the tunnel. Worst mistake i have ever made. If i had not tried to improve my life by seeking higher education i would be living a good life right now.
January 12, 2016
Someone from Simi Valley, CA signed.
January 12, 2016
Someone from Brooklyn, NY signed.
January 12, 2016
Someone from Macon, GA signed.
January 12, 2016
Someone from Santa Teresa, NM signed.
January 12, 2016
Someone from El Paso, TX signed.
January 12, 2016
Someone from Katy, TX signed.
January 12, 2016
Someone from Granite Bay, CA signed.
January 12, 2016
Someone from Bronx, NY signed.
January 12, 2016
Someone from Houston, TX signed.
January 12, 2016
Someone from Tucson, AZ signed.
January 12, 2016
Someone from Nortonville, KY signed.
Someone from Auburn, IN writes:
No employer will even look at my degree from University of Phoenix.
January 12, 2016
Someone from Arlington Heights, IL signed.
Someone from Kansas City, KS writes:
I spent 40,000 on my masters degree in Accounting and was not able to get a job in that field despite 10 years of experience in various accounting positions previous to getting the degree. I graduated with a 3.8 GPA won by hard work and teaching myself. The administration has zero transparency.
Someone from Denver, CO writes:
After receiving my bachelors degree with UOP I have only been able to get two jobs. The first was with them in admissions. I witnessed many times potential students starting just to get a pell refund. After speaking with my superiors they advised to look the other way. We were also incentivized in 2011 for recruitment goals long after federal crackdown on such practices. The only other job I've had has been with another for profit school that is currently under a federal lawsuit. I have spoken with individuals who work in HR and they automatically filter out resumes with UOP degrees listed. I cannot be gainfully employed with this degree unless I work for the very people who got me in this situation. I could not stomach putting others in the same situation for me to simply make a paycheck. I was pressured into enrolling homeless people on numerous occasions among other things.
January 12, 2016
Someone from El Paso, TX signed.
January 12, 2016
Someone from Hartsville, SC signed.
January 13, 2016
Someone from Jupiter, FL writes:
Rip off
January 13, 2016
Someone from Appleton, WI writes:
It's been 2 years now since I've received my bachelors in business and still can't find a job, I'm up to my neck in debt...what can I do??
January 13, 2016
Someone from Bronx, NY signed.
Someone from Fresno, CA signed.
January 13, 2016
Someone from Rochester, NY signed.
January 13, 2016
Someone from Miami, FL signed.