July 1, 2015
Someone from Prospect Park, PA signed.
Someone from Denton, TX writes:
Upon admission I was guaranteed coverage of my admission with student loans and a Pell Grant. After enrollment I was told that my loans would run out and my last 3 classes would come out of my pocket. I have yet to find an organization that accepts a UoPX degree as a legitimate degree, and I'll be about $80,000 in debt when I graduate without the ability to get career pay well enough to pay my loans back.
August 6, 2015
Someone from El Cajon, CA writes:
Uop loan have devastated lives of those trying desperately to provide for their families. Uop cares about shareholders, not students.
October 4, 2015
Someone from El Cajon, CA writes:
I am ashamed of this degree. This is not a diploma mill as I worked for this degree. This degree failed in that I attended college with many students that did not possess the skills necessary to be an adequate team member. In a working environment you would be paired with individuals vetted by an organization to have a set of similar skills to achieve a goal. At Uop many of the students that I was in class with had little writing skills making group projects a nightmare. Breaking down group papers into manageable segments was a frustrating experience. Trying to assemble a group paper with students that had written four poorly written paragraphs was maddening. I felt the need to research the entire aspect of everyone's sections, take control of each paper's assembling and rewrite each paped to have the paper flow and to ensure I receive the grade I wanted. Uop devalued this degree by placing anyone in the seat and forcing the brighter, more competent students to "teach" when we were there to learn. Schools listed on the stock exchange do not hold their students first - the stockholders are first. Government needs to ensure traditional colleges have the funds to have great programs for working adults because a lot of us don't have parents able or oftentimes willing to assist with college. For a lot of us achieving a college education represents a milestone of survival from a family fraught with broken home issues and violence. I did the best I could. Uop degree and debt associated therewith really destroyed my life. I have felt I was born into a deep hole and it just keeps closing in on me. I'm so sad to write this but more needs to be done to ensure one can escape a bad family that you are born into. Young people don't see that hope. Everyone deserves the ability to have a quality education.
October 6, 2015
Someone from Casper, WY signed.
October 29, 2015
Someone from Oregon, OH writes:
70k in debt with a worthless degree that will hold me down for the rest of my life.
October 31, 2015
Someone from Princeton, TX writes:
60k+ in debt and consistently compounding because I cannot afford the payment. My plan was to get a great paying job to pay this back. No luck... Jobs for what I do don't pay as much as I would have hoped so it isn't much help. My loan payment is just about the same as a car payment.
November 2, 2015
Someone from Riverside, CA signed.
November 17, 2015
Someone from Lawson, MO signed.
Someone from Pelham, NY writes:
I received a BS of Business Management degree from the University of Phoenix. I have sent out hundreds of resumes. Unfortunately, I have not been able to obtain any job. I thought for years there was something wrong with me. Now, i understand it is the degree that is holding me back. I have a pile of student loan debt because of this school. The degree, that was supposed to help me get a job, a career and be able to pay off the student loan debt, is causing the discrimination to gain employment. I would like the University of Phoenix student loans forgiven. It's truly upsetting to now know why I was never considered for employment. All my resumes, cover letters and applications where just thrown in the garbage, because I have this degree. I am so upset. All my hard work, the hours, year's writing papers, reading and researching, all wasted. I am so disappointed that this school continues to exist. Well, I'm asking and begging the U. S. government to end and dismantle this farce and fraudulent activity. Do the right thing, so no one gets hurt, robbed, cheated, humiliated and lied to again. Also, to save billions of tax payer dollars that could be put to better use.
Someone from Pelham, NY writes:
I received a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Management from the University of Phoenix. I have sent out hundreds of cover letters and resumes for various positions. Unfortunately, I have not been able to obtain any job. I thought for years there was something wrong with me. Now, i understand it is the degree that is holding me back. I have a large amount of student loan debt, due to pursuing a undergraduate degree. The degree, that was supposed to help me get a job, a carrer and have the ability to pay off the student loan debt, is causing the discrimination to gain employment. I would like the University of Phoenix student loans forgiven. It's truly upsetting to now know why I was never considered for employment. All my resumes, cover letters and applications where just thrown in the garbage, because I have this degree. I am so upset. All my hard work, the hours, year's writing papers, reading and researching, all wasted. I am so disappointed that this school continues to exist in this unaccredited manner. Well, I'm asking and begging the U. S. government representatives of the people to end and dismantle this farce and fraudulent activity committed by this institution immediately. We elected you to do the right thing, now do what needs to be done, so no one gets hurt, robbed, cheated, humiliated and lied to again. As well as, save billions of tax payer dollars that could be put to better use for this country.
1 year ago
Someone from Aurora, CO signed.
Someone from Menomonie, WI writes:
The University of Phoenix is a total rip off and in my opinion they are total crooks and getting away with it.... I was told my schooling in 2009 was $230 per class of which I took 6 classes, I paid for them after I quit the school, they went ahead and took out student loans against me for 4700.00 without my knowledge, and now 7 years later I have education credit management coming after me for 7000.00 In my opinion these people are criminals.......
1 year ago
Someone from Atlanta, GA signed.
1 year ago
Someone from Mesa, AZ signed.
1 year ago
Someone from Upper Marlboro, MD signed.
1 year ago
Someone from Church Hill, TN signed.
1 year ago
Someone from Roseville, CA signed.
1 year ago
Someone from Eastanollee, GA signed.
1 year ago
Someone from Weldon, IL signed.
1 year ago
Someone from Bakersfield, CA signed.
1 year ago
Someone from Tampa, FL signed.
Someone from Tampa, FL writes:
I have had great difficulty finding work and truly believe the stigma of a University Degree is the source of the issue.
1 year ago
Someone from Westminster, CO signed.
1 year ago
Someone from Buda, TX signed.
November 26, 2015
Someone from Roswell, GA signed.
November 26, 2015
Someone from Arden, NC signed.
November 27, 2015
Someone from Salt Lake City, UT signed.
November 27, 2015
Someone from Houston, TX signed.
November 28, 2015
Someone from Lansdale, PA signed.
November 29, 2015
Someone from Valrico, FL writes:
I was enrolled in the UoP, but I dropped out because the quality of education was not worth the time, effort and cost of the program. I believe that all students who tried to pursue a degree from them should get some type of loan forgiveness.
November 30, 2015
Someone from Fostoria, OH signed.
November 30, 2015
Someone from Aurora, CO writes:
I received my bachelor's degree from UOP and I have been told it is not a real degree. The worst part is UOP made me retake 6 classes I had already taken through them, as they told me they "expired," just to make more money off me and send me deeper in debt. I am now paying for a degree that is meaningless!
November 30, 2015
Someone from Gilbert, AZ signed.
November 30, 2015
Someone from Albuquerque, NM signed.
November 30, 2015
Someone from Salem, WV signed.
Someone from Santa Fe, NM writes:
After attending for almost a year I realized I was wasting time and money in retaking classes I had already taken for my Associates through an accredited college. I looked into a local state university and had my transcripts from UoP transferred to them only for them to tell me that every class I took through UoP only counted as an elective. Now I am starting back from the Associates point to attain my Bachelor's. At $1,700-2,000 per 5 week class you would think they could provide better accreditation and support to students. This is only secondary to the administration problems with no available advisers and the financial/adviser team changing randomly every couple weeks. People shouldn't have to pay back loans for services not rendered. The school broke their contract, not the student.
December 1, 2015
Someone from Mckinney, TX writes:
Outrageous fees for a worthless degree.
December 1, 2015
Someone from Beaverton, OR writes:
I took a year off to move and start a new job; I had four classes left to finish my BSN. When I re-enrolled I was told the program had changed and I would need to complete 14 more classes. When I saw the list of classes, the majority were classes I had already successfully completed through the University of Phoenix. I brought this up and was told the classes had substantially changed, so I enrolled. The first class, if anything, had been dumbed down. I withdrew and took my $20K+ debt with me. I have nothing to show for the time and money I spent. I will be paying for this mistake for years.
December 1, 2015
Someone from Clinton, MO writes:
I have been going Since 2011 till 2015 to the University of Phoenix. I wanted to find a way to educate myself for something I could do having a disability, being I have different boundaries due to my health. I am a person wanted a better eeducation, and to be able to work in life. I have been working on my degrees since 2011, now going onto my Masters Degree after failing a class school said they had to send the money back and I have to pay them. I wanted to get my degrees done before working. Now I got my As. Degree In Business Administration, after that degree, I wanted to get a degree in psychology to help others this was going to be my main subject, school didn't tell me the digree wasn't excepted on psychology board and that I couldn't get my psychology master degree online, due to the fact I changed my subject to business management being I love working with people. During my master degree is when school dropped me for failing a class and told me my loan was sent back for the classes and I owe them money. My financial counselors was changed so many times through out school I never heard from them, till it was time for my applications to get the loans and pel grants. I had a disability counselor which after school dropping me have not heard from him. Also school had not worked with me on education as they always said on their papers would help find a job and companies excepting their degrees. I went to the nearest counseling company to be able to shadow to educate myself hands on while no one would respond to my actions. These degrees are fraud and companies are not excepting them while school is a lie.. I had teachers who never helped, I had one discriminate against my health on my psychology degree, while reporting to school, nothing came back on what was done to the teacher. I owe around over 71,374.00 and pel grants 26,964.00 that are gone that could of went to a real degree. I want these loans to go away and my pel grants back. I want a real education not a fake. I also believe we should get more than what we paid being they took up our time and life for a real education we would have got. They are false on education and false on helping a person find jobs with the degrees they have. UOP should be shut down and paying back grants and loans, while psychology extra pay to the students for their time and effort taken out there life to something they though would better them.